Woe's Dustbin

Need to send a letter to a friend? Family member? Lover? Here you can post in character letters to other PCs that are not in your area. Take a look inside for more information and to see how long travel time is for letters.

Moderator: Staff

Woe
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Sophist
Renown: 1135
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Woe's Dustbin

Date:
Where:

Address all Correspondence to Woe Morandi.

Code: Select all

[style=margin: 20px auto 20px auto; max-width: 510px; padding: 25px 25px 50px 50px; background-color: #000000; border-radius: 1px; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/sE5mFue.png); background-position: center; background-repeat: repeat; color: #242b38; height: 650px; text-align: justify]

[style2=margin: 10px 10px 10px 10px; max-width: 440px; height: 625px;; background-position: right; background-repeat: repeat-y; overflow-y: auto; padding: 10px 10px 10px 10px; font-size: 100%]

[align=right][googlefont="Marck Script"][size=120][color=#2c0000] Date:  
Where: [/color][/size][/googlefont][/align]
[googlefont=Marck Script][color=#2c0000]

Address:

Signature,

[/googlefont]
[/style2]
[/style]
Last edited by Woe on Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:26 pm, edited 4 times in total. word count: 123
Image*Image*Image
Llyr Llywelyn
Approved Character
Renown: 830
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Re: Woe's Dustbin

The following letter appears on Woe's pillow, found after he wakes up from a quiet night's sleep.
Date: 79 Zi'da, Arc 720
Dear Woe,

Let me begin by extending my gratitude to you. I will assume you know why, and thus will not delve into such details of explanation here. Simply know that I have not forgotten you, nor what time we had together as tragic as it might have been.

I visit you, from time to time, but I do not awaken you. Things are complicated, as I'm also certain you are aware.

If it interests you, my empathy for others is progressing. There are... things I am able to do, now. Things I am able to see. The tangled webs of colors that lie beneath the surface of every mortal being. Might it interest you to know that you and I, we are far more alike than I ever knew before... Perhaps, you are aware of that as well and were before myself. I understand now, though, why it is I felt so close to you. Why attuning to your frequency felt so intoxicating and I apologize because if I had known, perhaps I might have conducted myself differently. It embarrasses me to recollect the sort of things I did and said, yet I do not regret them. I wish for you to know that.

Do take care of yourself, Woe. If you ever need help, you need only attempt to contact me. I am no longer residing within Etzos, due to those complications, but my contacts remain within and through the surrounding land. Every trial, my reach extends... if you seek me, I will hear of it. Inevitably, I will find you again if I believe it safe to do so.

Sincerely,

Magpie

Last edited by Llyr Llywelyn on Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 324
Please — consider me a dream.
Sybil Malach
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Ignoble Thanatologist
Renown: 300
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

A firmly pressed letter would arrive at Woe's Ne'haer home. It bears no sign of travel. It will be slid under his front door.

Cylus 1st, 720

Dear Wolstan Rand,

Dream deeply at midnight tonight, and no later than the rising of the morning suns.

We will have our privacy.

Sincerely,
SM.
word count: 54
"No mass graves."

-Vri 720, scolding Sybil for disposing of necromancers.

NPCs: Karlsson, Margaret
Balthazar Black
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Profession: Leader of The Black Cats
Renown: 1510
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Date: 4th of Cylus 721

To: W. M., via Echo Scroll.

W,

I would be delighted to visit you in Egilrun when I get the chance, I've been asked to help build a new home for refugees from Faldrass and expect I'll be spending most of my time there.

Tonight I set out for Port Diabolo to look into some troubling rumors I've heard and to gather supplies for the build but I've spent most of the day battling wind. I hope your journey is more pleasant.

I have not yet begun work on the laboratory you gifted me, but I've narrowed down a few options for it's location. Thank you again for that gift.

I'll write you again in a few trials once I've secured materials to build the settlement. If nothing else, it would be good to see you while you are in Scalvoris. It has been too long.

Take care,
B. B.

word count: 185

Mutations

• Once Paradigm Is Removed: He glows faintly, his skin is warm and sometimes hot to the touch, and when he gets angry sparks literally fly off him. He's a the middle of a field of static electricity so every once in a while when you touch him, you get shocked. Fire leans towards Balthazar and droplets of water seem magnetically attracted to him. He has a series of cracks on his right pectoral that glow of soft emerald. His eyes and the cracks reaching down to his cheeks glow a dark blue. The etheric cracks spiderwebbing up his arms glow orange.

Scars

• Oops, Oops, Ouch: Balthazar Black has twenty scars across his back from a lashing as well as scars on his hands and arms from jagged rocks in Faldrass. There are two scars on the sides of his abdomen from being stabbed and a slash across his back which blends in with the whip scars.
Hart
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Renown: 527
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 2

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Written 16th Ashan, 721; Egilrun. Received 16th Ashan, 721; Woe Morandi's address in Egilrun.
Woe,

I'm sorry, but I will be leaving Egilrun today, 16th Ashan. I understand that my leaving is abrupt, and I apologize. I apologize, as well, if my leaving gives you difficulties.

Hart
transcript
Woe,

I'm sorry, but I will be leaving Egilrun today, 16th Ashan. I understand that my leaving is abrupt, and I apologize. I apologize, as well, if my leaving gives you difficulties.

Hart
word count: 106
Hart
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Renown: 527
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 2

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Written 54th Ashan, 721 in Hopetoun, Faldrass. Received 58th Ashan, 721 in Egilrun.
Dear Mr. Gloom,

This is Wren. Thank you for your letter and for the lemon drops, apple drops, and chocolates you sent. I like the lemon drops and apple drops best.

There aren't candies in restaurants and bak ing shops in Hopetoun, because there are no restaurants and baking shops in Hopetoun. But we're good at building things. If we build a restaurant or a baking shop, I'll send you some shop made candies.

What kind of candies do you like? We could send you some candies we make. In Hopetoun we're good at making things as well. I don't know how to make candies, but maybe making candies is not all that different from building things. You just need to want to make them and get the things to make them and know somebody who knows how.

I wrote that we don't have shops in Hopetoun, but we do have Nella's Kitchen. Nella is Arlo's mama. Nella's Kitchen is the best thing we built and it's for making hope because Xiur likes hope. But it's for making jams because Arlo likes jams. What kind of jams do you like? I'll ask Vega if we could use Nella's Kitchen and make you some jams.

Maybe sometime you could come to Hopetoun or we could go to Egilrun. I'd like to help you sometime in your kitchen. Do you know how to make candies? Maybe we could make some.

Your friend Wren
transcript
Dear Mr. Gloom,

This is Wren. Thank you for your letter and for the lemon drops, apple drops, and chocolates you sent. I like the lemon drops and apple drops best.

There aren't candies in restaurants and baking shops in Hopetoun, because there are no restaurants and baking shops in Hopetoun. But we're good at building things. If we build a restaurant or a baking shop, I'll send you some shop made candies.

What kind of candies do you like? We could send you some candies we make. In Hopetoun we're good at making things as well. I don't know how to make candies, but maybe making candies is not all that different from building things. You just need to want to make them and get the things to make them and know somebody who knows how.

I wrote that we don't have shops in Hopetoun, but we do have Nella's Kitchen. Nella is Arlo's mama. Nella's Kitchen is the best thing we built and it's for making hope because Xiur likes hope. But it's for making jams because Arlo likes jams. What kind of jams do you like? I'll ask Vega if we could use Nella's Kitchen and make you some jams.

Maybe sometime you could come to Hopetoun or we could go to Egilrun. I'd like to help you sometime in your kitchen. Do you know how to make candies? Maybe we could make some.

Your friend Wren
word count: 543
Woe
Approved Character
Profession: Sophist
Renown: 1135
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Date: 1st of Ymiden 721
Where: Perdita's Echo Scroll

Miss Westcott:

It's been some time since I sent you to investigate further the matter we spoke of. I regret not sending word sooner as things took a spiral midway through Ashan. However, I thought I'd keep you up to date in case you tried to reach me at the wrong address.

I've given my former residence to my old servant, Soraia, as a parting gift to her and am staying elsewhere. I won't say where I'm staying until I receive word back from you that you're well, in case the scroll has fallen into unfriendly hands.

I do hope you've been well. Botany would enjoy meeting you again, as would Breen. I still have the portraits you drew of the former, and they always catch the eyes of visitors. Should you receive this, I'd like to hire you sometime in this new Cycle to do a portrait of Botany, and Iago. Eventually, I anticipate having portraits of all my family done by your hand. They're sure to catch in value once you become a celebrated artist. I will offer the same rate for the portraiture as last time, although I'm open to negotiation whether upwards or downwards. Whichever you're comfortable with.

Sincerely,
Woe Morandi

P.S. Iago has finally learned the common language. In time, he became a really good study of languages. I'm sure he'll be talking your ear off should you find your way back to us.

word count: 279
Image*Image*Image
Oram Mednix
Approved Character
Profession: Ranger-in-Chief
Renown: 815
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

65 Ymiden 721

Dear Woe Morandi

I hope this finds you well. I am writing to bring something important to your attention.

I have recently learned that a certain Sargo Dustin, a lumber camp and sawmill operator in Egilrun, has aspirations to become Egg. I have reason to believe that he is a highly unsavory character, and that he regards yourself as a rival and a threat.

Enclosed please find a report of a recent meeting I had which discusses this and related matters.

Regards,

Oram Mednix

PS, for context, here is some additional material on Beula Donalee, former Undersecretary of the Darbyton Rangers, as well as on Cornel Sherapo, Harond Bethelsa, the Logging Consortium and the Sweaty Brow Company. I also wish to invite you to come see me at any time to discuss these matters, should you wish.
word count: 140
Villains are powerless against story beats.
Natalia Gregorios
Approved Character
Profession: Professional Nuisance Wrangler
Renown: 170
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Vhalar 3, Arc 721

Woe,

I hope this missive finds you and your family well.

I wanted to let you know that I will be in Almund for awhile. Some old family business has surfaced and I'm hoping to sort some things out. As well, I want to look into a few mysteries while there.

I'll be staying at the Scalvoris Sapphire Inn if you'd like to reach me for any reason. I'll keep in touch. Please stay safe and say hello to the boys for me.

Regards,

Natalia

word count: 109
Perdita Westcott
Approved Character
Profession: Scholar
Renown: 80
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Milestones

Miscellaneous

1st Vhalar, 721
Dear Mr Morandi,

I must apologise for my lack of contact. I had to return to Rharne as I had a situation with my family which I had to attend to. I have returned to Scalvoris now, and have been brought up to date on the events which occurred. My deepest thanks to yourself, and all concerned, for the actions which saved this island.

If it is still your wish, then I would very much like to undertake a portrait of Botany and Iago. Your kind words are most generous, and I hope that the work I have done already brings you pleasure. Please let me know when you would like me to attend you, and I will endeavour to ensure that I am there.

Please ensure Iago that I look forward to speaking with him. I am sure he has many wonderful things to say. I hope that you and yours are keeping well.

With very best regards,

Perdita Westcott.
word count: 171
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Letters From Afar”