I want one!

Please stop in here and introduce yourself to the community! We'd love to get to know you!

Moderator: Staff

Whisper
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Race: Prophet
Profession: Storyteller
Renown: 394
Plot Notes
Office
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

I want one!

Hello! Everyone else posted so me too!

I'm Whisper, but I also answer to Sect or Heather.. anything works!

I have been RPing for a good few years now, mostly text-based play-by-post (like this site!) but I also enjoy a bit of tabletop too :) I started out with live PbP RP, and then moved on to forums, where I found myself loving that I could write as and when I wanted, rather than trying to stay awake to be online at the same time as my lover/husband/torturer/father/son/brother in the shape of Tribute, who lives on the other side of the world :( Its the unfortunate result of being British; most of my RP partners are not in my timezone, so live RP isn't easy. Nor is it productive to set aside hours of a day to complete it! So that's why I chose forums...

Why Standing Trials? Well I was told about this place and practically jumped at the chance to help out in building this place from scratch. The history and.. mythology, (is that the right word?) is what made me desperate to leave my own mark :) On the site, you're likely to find me hanging around Sirothelle.. and maybe a few other places.. who knows!

What do I like? Well I'm thrilled you asked! I like reading, writing, drawing, painting... embroidery, making things... creativity is definitely my thing. I grew up around Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings so it goes without saying that I love them both. It's actually how I get through my overnight shifts (I'm a carer for disabled children), watching those films over and over again. But it was His Dark Materials which got me reading, so that series will always have a special place in my heart. Of course I love A Song of Ice and Fire, but my biggest love right now is The Farseer Trilogy and all of the trilogies linked to it by the wonderful Robin Hobb. If you hadn't guessed, fantasy is my thing.

In terms of life, I have a BA in Linguistics and am about to start an MSc in Speech and Language Therapy... though I have a passion for Forensic Linguistics and will continue to learn about that in my free time. And for the record, I only speak one language fluently. English. Can get by in French and read Spanish and some Latin. However I've been taught about 8 languages in a school setting and have studied more than 100 in an investigative setting. So no, never ask me how many languages I speak.
word count: 446
Avrae Kyric
Approved Character
Race: Aukari
Profession: Mercenary
Renown: -32
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

I want one!

XD I have to ask, how many languages do you speak? Feel free not to answer, I'm just overly curious. As they say, curiosity kills the cat (and I happen to have two very curious cats, I worry about them constantly). Or rather, not speak fluently, but what languages interest you the most? Personally I've always been a fan of Greek, Italian, and Swedish. Of course, in this day and age, learning Spanish would be more useful. Anyways, just wanted to say hello. Sorry for the boring babbling! <3 Hope to write with you someday.
word count: 97
Summer Rain
Avrae Kyric Asari Rosacea Olivia Warrick Talisa Tawfeek Teryani Shenandoah
CS CS CS CS CS
Plot Notes Plot Notes Plot Notes Plot Notes Plot Notes
Templates Templates Templates Templates Templates
Partner Partner Partner Partner Partner
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “The Welcome Wagon”