Hone and meditation Topic is solved

Please note: Answers in this archive may be out of date / things may have changed. Do not take for granted anything older than 6 months old. If in doubt - better to ask again.

Moderators: Staff, Peer Reviewer, Wiki Worker

Illuvia
Approved Character
Race: Human
Renown: 25
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Hone and meditation

How high meditation skill do we need to learn runes from hone? I tried searching and I couldn't find any examples of people doing this to go off of.
word count: 30
Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Profession: Rharne City Moderator
Renown: 666
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Re: Hone and meditation

Hey, so meditation is only one way of learning runes from hone. There are other methods. So no meditation is technically required, that's just the safe route for learning runes.

You can find runic grottos, places where a great amount of runic power was unleashed and happened to leave the echo of one or another rune. This would involve danger and an adventure of some sort, the risks and details of such that would need to be determined with your local mod or through PSF.

You could also find grimoires of runic sages/runewrights that have the information right in them. It'd take probably a good amount of research to understand what they're saying though. But I imagine the skill of research would have to similarly match that of the rune being learned. Expert to expert, competent to competent runes/techniques, etc.

Meditation can be used to learn alternatively. For meditation, you can learn skills at the same level as your meditation skill. SO if you're a master at meditation, you can learn up to master runes for your magic. An umbral mage can't learn lucis, and vice versa, however.

I got this information from the Hone Write-up: Here
word count: 205
Illuvia
Approved Character
Race: Human
Renown: 25
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Milestones

Miscellaneous

ty

I wanted to go the meditation route as it seems to be the simplest. I debated making a mentor but I couldn't think of a good NPC design and the grotto stuff sounds way above my skill level at the moment.
word count: 43
Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Profession: Rharne City Moderator
Renown: 666
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Illuvia wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:36 pm ty

I wanted to go the meditation route as it seems to be the simplest. I debated making a mentor but I couldn't think of a good NPC design and the grotto stuff sounds way above my skill level at the moment.
High skills are overrated. There's no skill requirement to go on an adventure but to each their own. I would hope the local moderator would provide you with an appropriately challenging solo or alternatively a series in the form of a plot for when you want to uncover a runic grotto.

Up to you!
word count: 107
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Q&A Archive”