Xiur's Champion: For Vega and Friends.

The plot development forum is designed for players and groups to keep track of their plot lines, goals they wish their characters to complete in each season, and anything else that may tie into your character's past, present, and future. Please remember that this is not the Personal Journals forum and should not be treated as such. All information posted within this forum should be information that ties back to your character within the Standing Trials Roleplay.

Moderator: Staff

Vega
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Hat-Wearer
Renown: 1759
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: Xiur's Champion: For Vega and Friends.

Thread/Link: Hope, Courage, Tunawa, Cadouri
Condition Satisfied: FInish up the beacon.
Potential Complications:
Summary:
This thread is her checking on the beacon and it's progress and then dealing with the one majorly outstanding thing which is who the heck is going to make the pickles and preserves in Nella's kitchen.

In this thread:

1. Vega checks on the progress of the beacon. I then fast forward it a few hours as I don't want to assume anything, but have taken the modnotes into account and been very positive - I just avoided specifics.

2. She then discusses with Rover (Business Management) and her cousins who will staff Nella's kitchen. Her cousin Shon and his wife Sian are thinking of staying more long term - and both have cooking. But they'll see.

3. Rover offers to help them with the business plan etc. Vega doesn't exactly haggle so much as just be completely illogical, but they come to an arrangement.

I won't assume anything until it's reviewed, of course. Thank you for this plot - I don't think I've expressed how much I'm enjoying it.
word count: 193

Vega's skin has a reflective metallic sheen with a red glow. Her eyes still swirl biqaj colours, but one colour is always bright red which glows like fire. She has a bright red glow in her chest, situated directly under the mark of a heart (Daia mark) in the middle of a glowing silver dragon on her chest (Xiur). She's unnaturally warm to the touch
Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Thread/Link: The Golden Chain I: First Links
Condition Satisfied: Prepare for the arrivals
Potential Complications: Weather, not enough people
Summary:
Here, Vega meets the two ranger NPCs, and the NPC from the Spirits Rest Oasis who have been called in as part of the volunteers sent when she wrote to Bao. Bao sent her the people and resources to build a structure.

In this thread:

1. The people arrive, Vega meets them, discusses what they have - shows them the plans made previously (agreed in one of the threads here)

2. They agree that they'll build the Inn building, which can be used for storage / medical stuff downstairs (in the cellar), communal sleeping and / or eating on the ground floor and individual rooms for people who are very poorly / need it upstairs.

3. People from Hopetoun are drafted in to help. They get started.

I won't assume anything until it's reviewed, of course. I have 2 oher threads where this will be explored at different points in the construction.

Thank you!
word count: 174

Vega's skin has a reflective metallic sheen with a red glow. Her eyes still swirl biqaj colours, but one colour is always bright red which glows like fire. She has a bright red glow in her chest, situated directly under the mark of a heart (Daia mark) in the middle of a glowing silver dragon on her chest (Xiur). She's unnaturally warm to the touch
Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Thread/Link: The Golden Chain II: Making New Links
Potential Complications: The lack of information.
Summary:
Here, Vega checks up on the progress of the building of the barracks accommodation / Inn.

In this thread:

1. Vega and Refed discuss how to prepare the blankets and supplies for the arrivals. They'll be getting a bundle each with blankets etc.

2. Vega makes suggestions for the building itself.

3. It's a "mid-way" review.

I won't assume anything until it's reviewed, of course. There's 1 more thread in the construction of this.

Thank you!
word count: 103

Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Thread/Link: The Golden Chain II: The Kindness of Strangers
Potential Complications: The lack of information.
Summary:
Here, Vega helps with the final stage of the barracks/Inn.

In this thread:

1. They bring in the beds / bedding etc.

2. They discuss logistics and Vega learns how Refed plans this

3. She suggests that the Rangers should come to Hopetoun - they agree.

I won't assume anything until it's reviewed, of course. I have purposely left the Ranger-y stuff vague so that you can determine it, but I figure having been there for that time with the community and the hard working and the flag and the fiddling and the amazing food etc - they've all allowed Refed and Elise to really see what it is that Hopetoun has to offer.

Thank you!
word count: 141

Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Thread/Link: But I Don't Know How
Condition Satisfied: Build the beacon to the best standard
Potential Complications:
Summary:
Here, Vega is working on the very small details of the woodcrafting. The thread is largely focused on her sitting and discussing things with Wren, but she's also working on the steps and stairs etc - because I feel it's important to have a thread or two where she's doing that kind of fine detail that really she's the only one that can do.
word count: 87

Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Profession: Rharne City Moderator
Renown: 666
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

All reviewed and up to date!

word count: 6
Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Thread/Link: Planning for the New Arrival(s)
Condition Satisfied: Preparing for the refugees
Potential Complications: Vega's emotions.
Summary:
Arlo and Vega discuss pregnancy, emotions and, in the middle of it all Arlo agrees to cook for the people who'll be arriving and starts to prepare for it.

Happy to put it up in the normal review queue, but thought it were important to put it here too.
word count: 70

Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Up to date!
word count: 3
Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

This plot has been concluded and reviewed in its entirety. You may now submit this tracker to the Hopetoun Tracker, for Trouble to look over.

The Finale of the Beacon plot.

My proposed effects:

The player completes an action that would lead to a new cultural quirk, supernatural effect or other notable change to daily life, or acquires a grandmaster level skill or supernatural ability that would affect the day-to-day lives of their settlers. (Note: This must be a skill, capstone, or magical ability that would enable the player to be a better leader, such as leadership or intelligence. Skills that improve the player but not their settlers, such as strength or smithing, should not be applied unless they provide a capstone relevant to the settlement. When applying for this reward the player should suggest what effect they believe would be appropriate.)

Hopetoun is a Beacon of Hope: The Beacon of Xiur has become a touchstone for the burgeoning village of Hopetoun. Not only does it provide a sense of belonging and hope to the people themselves, but also acts as a lighthouse for nearby ships passing by, to find a berth in Hopetoun. This leads to increased traffic and easier navigation for passing ships. It also acts as an advertisement to them that this is a good place to make stops for those ships, and leads to increased trade prosperity in the settlement.

+3% Order
+1 WP for any wealth threads taking place in Hopetoun, cumulative with any other bonuses.
+1 WP for any transactions or transaction threads taking place in businesses in Hopetoun, cumulative with any other bonuses.

The player sets up a useful service in their settlement, such as a bank or insurance broker, and instructs settlers on how to run this service themselves.

Beacon of Hopetoun: A lighthouse and food kitchen within the settlement of Hopetoun.

Also sets up an Inn and hospitality system for Hopetoun.

+4% Order

The player completes an action that directly protects the settlers from harm.

23 threads where Vega was helpful :P : +23% to Order

New population for Hopetoun: 32 souls migrated to Hopetoun -32% Order

Trouble and I have discussed an extra supernatural effect to be awarded, but that is pending their final analysis of this plot. Of course, all of these proposed effects are subject to final approval of Trouble.
word count: 392
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Plot Development”