Rupturing Q&A

Please note: Answers in this archive may be out of date / things may have changed. Do not take for granted anything older than 6 months old. If in doubt - better to ask again.

Moderators: Staff, Peer Reviewer, Wiki Worker

Aegis
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Miscellaneous

Rupturing Q&A

Rupturing Q&A

Welcome to the Rupturing Q&A. Any and all questions surrounding Rupturing can be asked here. This page has completed Lore Analysis during a major update, and we welcome all of your questions, comments, and other such feedback on this particular magic. We will use this page as well to indicate any lore changes.

Lore Updates

This section will be for recording any lore updates for the Rupturing Page. This will only be for clarifications, updates, etc. Grammar, spelling, and other such updates do not need to be recorded here. All updates should be detailed within a post within this thread, and linked to the list below.

Sept 20, 2018 - Rupturing Major Update ~Plague
Sept 20, 2018 - Q&A Begins ~Aegis
(Date with Url to post) - Brief description of update. ~Name of person who approved and conducted said update
word count: 142
Bolt
Race: Human
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Re: Rupturing Q&A

The way I read the overstepping penalties is that when you get the lurking penalty, if you overstep and travel via portal two more times in a cycle you die. Since the penalties are rather large I'm trying to figure out the specifics on how these drawbacks work to see if I can accept the consequences.

1) Will lurking progress to hunting or hunting to capture if you make portals but don't go through them? For example take a ruptured who is hunted. That mage oversteps and creates a huge portal but does not go through it. Can something come out and capture the mage?

2) if not, will others that go through these overstepped portals be at risk for being captured? It'd be quite the formidable weapon if you knew anything that went in was as good as dead :)

3) can a legendary rupturer be captured from their body's portal

4) the write-up says a legendary mage can grab someone and throw them through themselves. Does this mean that the legendary mage is no longer incorporeal in portal mode?

5) can a mage be captured via blink or beacon portals?

6) how much does rupturing cut down on travel times at master/legendary? They can concievably open portals a hundred miles away at a time which must do something towards cutting back on travel time, right? Hell even if you opened a couple of those portals per day you're already travelling more than four times as fast as mounted travel (or more if you're having someone drive you around while you rest). I'd think that at this level creating a couple max distance portals wouldn't trigger overstepping, but even if it did I'd think that there's some middle ground that could be settled on. This was the only thing I felt like wasissing from the rewrite and working this in would make the magic a lot more attractive in my eyes.
word count: 333
Formerly Hikaru
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Q&A Archive”