• Out of Character • [Viden] Dancing in the Cold

Viden's OOC Chatter Thread!

Old calendars, sign ups etc. OOC threads which are no longer used.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Doran
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Alchemist
Renown: 1162
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

[Viden] Dancing in the Cold

Open thread!

Introduction to Alchemy

Doran is teaching an alchemy class. The plan is for one or two people (preferrably PCs) to assist him with making an item and learn something about alchemy in the process.

You will get to keep the item.

I was thinking of making a garment that stops a blade, a fireproof garment or maybe a mirror cloak, but if you want something different - I'm open to suggestions.

If the date doesn't work for you, I can change it.
word count: 85

Mutations

N/A

Blessings

N/A

Worn Items

Ring of Reversal
Ring of Immunity
Banshee
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Staff

[Viden] Dancing in the Cold

I've been shockingly absent as of late, truly, disgracefully so. I can assure you that I am in fact alive, working on magical related things in the background (which I hope mages will be happy to hear) and generally chugging along!

Now some housekeeping things! If you agreed to allow modbombs when you registered and you have NOT received a PM about your limits then please let me know ASAP. If you've been messages about limits but have not yet replied then please get to that! I don't want to step on toes and I won't pop into a thread until I know what your preferences are unless it's something truly harmless and unlikely to have consequences.

Second housekeeping thing. There will be a seasonal event for Saun, set on the 34th, that will involve a Mer attack on the Docks. I will be posting the sign-ups in a day or so but I felt that it would be good to gauge some interest in the matter. The playerbase has shrunk abruptly for a number of reasons so depending on numbers, I may run multiple smaller threads around this event. This is not intended to specifically appeal to combatant PCs so don't feel that you can't get involved.

Here's the event blurb:
While the city is in the midst of a "heatwave", the lull in Mer activity comes to an end as the docks at the Synnefa Trading Post are swarmed by the militant water folk. Those observing the water manage to sound an alarm, allowing many to take up arms before the Mer attack. Mariners, sailors and some ordinary citizens who gather to help do their best to kill as many of the attackers as possible, leaving the waters red with blood. A number of citizens help those Videnese injured in the assault with many with any sort of medical skill at all volunteering their services while others do all that they can to help.
Last but not least, I should ideally sort out all magic related things soon but if people are interested in the magical showcase event on the 26th, don't hesitate to ask me about the sort of magic involved. I'm also quite happy to scene set or moderate more extensively if anyone wishes. It doesn't matter to me if one PC shows interest in something or five, I'm always happy to moderate and nobody should ever feel that they're wasting my time. If I can help you progress your story or simply provide you with a good time then it's always time well spent, lovelies!

Ciao for now but know that my inbox is always open,

Bansh
word count: 457
Isthmae
Approved Character
Race: Eídisi
Character Sheet

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Re: [Viden] Dancing in the Cold

Hello, hello! New rich kid on the block needs some friends (or not friends) if anyone is interested in meeting Isthmae!
word count: 21
Whisper
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Profession: Storyteller
Renown: 394
Plot Notes
Office
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

I claim the 2,000th post in Viden! Woop! xD And not all of them are mine, isn't this exciting 8-)
word count: 21
Banshee
Plot Notes
Office
Templates

Staff

Hear ye, hear ye!

Public Service Announcement! As myself and Whisper have a birthday today and are very cool (read: cute dorks), we have added a new holiday to the Videnese calendar! Antikyaneos is set on 5th Zi'da and you can add it to your threads. This arc's specific events can be found in the Cold Cycle Events. Have fun, make merry and try not to light any real people on fire!

Enjoy!

Bansh xx
word count: 77
Banshee
Plot Notes
Office
Templates

Staff

I've been working on this for some time and I'm happy to say that I have completed Viden's magical opinions for all those magics that have been released thus far. Such opinions can be found here.

Even for those who do not play in Viden, I feel that it can be potentially valuable to you provided that you have any sort of history with the city. Now if your character was born here but moved to another place, you have a better sense of how they would have been viewed, how easily they would have found a magical mentor and so on.

It can also be considered a parting gift as I'll be stepping down from staff. It's a decision that I made a number of months ago and while it's a shame to leave this lovely city and its writers, no matter how long or how brief they might remain here, I feel that it's necessary given my IRL situation. Additionally, I feel that I haven't been as good of a mod as I should have been, especially in recent months and as such, it hardly seems fair to continue as a storyteller if I cannot make as active a contribution as I'd like.

Thank you for your stories and happy writing!

Bansh/Max
word count: 224
Aegis
Prophet of Old
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Miscellaneous

Whisper, the Storyteller of Viden, is now transferring teams. She is now a Developer. She has said that she will finish up any existing threads that are started, but she is stepping down from moderating Viden. This means that Viden will be without a moderator. As such, I'm making the decision to oversee Viden in a temporary capacity on day to day operations only. I will not be taking on new threads. I will maintain Viden up through March 31st. After that date, Viden will be moved to the wilderness forums as an Unmoderated (but still open) city, unless we have a staff member wish to take on Viden as a city moderator. We wish Whisper the best in her new role and look forward to the content she helps build. If you have any questions, you can PM or DM Aegis.
word count: 143
Splinter
Prophet of Old
Profession: Master of the Shadows
Templates

Hello there you lovely Viden people! Just wanted to drop in and say a quick hello! I am terribly excited to be taking over as mod here, and I hope to get the chance to write with each of you at some point!

Here in the next few weeks I’ll be going through the lore and doing updates (nothing major just bringing things up to date with some changes like the wealth system!) and we will be moving all of that over to the wiki as it’s done too. Exciting stuff!

My DMs are always open, and we have a discord server too, if you want an invite to that just let me know. Happy writing all, and I look forward to meeting each of you!
word count: 128
Linika
Approved Character
Race: Naerikk
Profession: Apothecary
Renown: 169
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 4

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Well hey folks!

Let's launch Splinter's tenure with a nice open meet, greet and beatdown.

Unlucky Rabbit's Foot awaits your reckless inclusion.
word count: 25
- Poison -

"Shelf Life'...What an ironically contradictory concept."
- Linika Amarinthine -
Sybil Malach
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Ignoble Thanatologist
Renown: 300
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Hey there! I'd totally join, but I'm afraid that Sybil doesn't make for an interesting partner for a street brawl. x_x
word count: 25
"No mass graves."

-Vri 720, scolding Sybil for disposing of necromancers.

NPCs: Karlsson, Margaret
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Out in the Cold Archives”