Sweetsong

The system through which players who are interested in creating and growing their own settlements can track their progress.

Moderator: Staff

Winston
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Race: Cadouri
Profession: Groundskeeper
Renown: 841
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 7

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: Sweetsong

Thread: [Sweetsong] Here's hoping all horseshoes are lucky ~ Part 4: It's chime to mix it up
Participants: Winston and my Forged Diri NPC Joe.
Brief description of thread: Winston Develops the Blue-glass sand / Metal alloy and produces some chimes for the settlement.

This thread does not include the issuing of these chimes TO the settlement, but does illude to the fact this is the intent, which I do fully intent to thread, but I was not sure what could be claimed based on this thread right now. I have included potential claims below ready for peer review :-)
Settlement Resources Used:
  • Blue sand for making blue-sand glass
Intended Changes:See this guide.
  • +1% Order per thread - The player completes an action that proves they are trustworthy to the settlers. - Makes chimes for the settlement.
 ! Message from: Rozkia
No Change to Settlement stats: Seeing as there was intent and no follow through yet, I don't think the thread would count for an order increase.
Last edited by Winston on Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 166

Appearance

When standing at his full height, Winston towers a full 1 foot and one blueberry tall. A fact he will happily demonstrate before flicking said blue orb into the air with his nose and then eating it with a snappy grin.

His eyes are dark and sharp, ringed by dark brown fur upon the bright white fur that sets off across the rest of his face.

Equipement

Winston usually carries the following on his person:
  • Cassion's Locket hangs snugly around his neck.
  • Winston's Fairy Bell hangs from his tool-belt attached to his hip. It's 'ringer' is often bound by a small piece of cloth to prevent it giving away his position while in the wilderness.
Winston
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Thread: [Sweetsong] Here's hoping all horseshoes are lucky ~ Part 5: A shoe-for-you
Participants: Winston, my Fairy NPC Kelpie, my Forged Diri NPC Joe and the Fairy that gave him the commission, which is a transient NPC authorised for use by my starter quest.
Brief description of thread: Winston makes a trade with Kelpie, building some renown with the Fairies and also completes his commission for the other Fairy, which I believe builds even more reputation with the fairies for making things FOR fairies.

While there are no established fairy settlers in Sweetsong yet, Winston's workshop is in Sweetsong and I would like to suggest that as a consequence, Faries visiting his workshop in Sweetsong would mean they are now occationally/regularly (peer discression) seen in and around Sweetsong, visiting his workshop for food and crafting tasks and also enjoying the chimes he has given to the Settlement from the previous Thread.

• Blue sand for making blue-sand glass / Alloy
  • +1% Order per thread - The player completes an action that proves they are trustworthy to the settlers. - Complete the trades with a few fairies that have gained him renown with the Fairies as a ferret to be trusted to do work inside Sweetsong.
  • There's not really something FOR this, but: There is increased Fairy presence in and around Sweetsong. These tiny people are often found fluttering ina nd out of the local Ferret Workshop, or playing with the chimes hung around the settlement. While cute and friendly, they are known for pranks, which they deem a form of gratitude, whether the recipient is aware of this or not.

If this manifest in new Fairy settlers, that would be awsome as I plan to continue in this direction, but yeah, certainly I'd love to see Sweetsong becoming a more well-visited Fairy location :-)
 ! Message from: PIg Boy
+1% Order for this thread. (65% total) The Settlers continue to be impressed by Winston's efforts to cater to the fairies strange whims, and gather fairy clients to their settlement. They suppose he must be a good person to work with, if he can manage with the chaotic fairies.

Added a cultural quirk:
  • Pilgrim Hobby: After a certain ferret's efforts to impress the fairies, no fairies actually move into Sweetstone, but around the outskirts of the settlement, a certain unique fairy wanders all around. If anyone - without intent to harm - wishes to visit Sweetsong, he will eagerly point the way for them, using such pithy fairy exclamations as Rabbledonks! and calling those who look for the way to Sweetsong 'Pilgrim'. The fairy's name is Hobby, his wings seem made of burlap sack cloth, and he holds a tiny bindle-stick. Mechanically this makes it less likely for one to lose their way around Sweetsong long as they're seeking Sweetsong within the Sweetwine Woods.
word count: 486

Appearance

When standing at his full height, Winston towers a full 1 foot and one blueberry tall. A fact he will happily demonstrate before flicking said blue orb into the air with his nose and then eating it with a snappy grin.

His eyes are dark and sharp, ringed by dark brown fur upon the bright white fur that sets off across the rest of his face.

Equipement

• Winston's Fairy Bell hangs from his tool-belt attached to his hip. It's 'ringer' is often bound by a small piece of cloth to prevent it giving away his position while in the wilderness.
Kisaik
Approved Character
Race: Tunawa
Profession: Protagonist
Renown: 805
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Thread: Winston Miller and the Saucerer's Scone
Participants: Kisaik and Winston
Brief description of thread: Kisaik and Winston formulate ways to combine alchemy and cooking to produce a scone that is filling and nutritious, and sauce mix that can keep one warm during the winter months. I feel like this solves a problem that the settlers will face soon (Winter is coming), but not sure if it's worth more or less order for that. At any rate, they share the recipe and method for making the scones and sauce mix at the end, and there's plenty enough to last them the winter.
  • Foraged some Fromegranates.
  • A temporary supply of Fromegranates and spicy herbs
  • +1% to Order or less
  • Temporary supply of Hot Sauce! Alchemically enhanced sauce mix that keeps people warm during cold months, preserved in little bullion cubes to be used on demand.
A temporary supply of Alchemical hot sauce and Fromegranates Scones can be distributed to the settlement: Supplies will run out a little after Cylus.

If you decide to dedicate a thread to teaching the settlers the recipe, the scones mentioned above can become a resource.

You've gained +1% Order: Total 67%
Last edited by Kisaik on Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total. word count: 209
Winston
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Thread: [Sweetsong]Do you want to smelt a RAINNNNBOOOOOW?!
Participants: Winston and the settlement NPCs called Cho and Tovan.
Brief description of thread: Winston teaches both Tovan and Charles "Cho" Akki how to make the Blue-glass sand / Metal alloy and takes Cho on as an apprentice.
  • Blue sand for making blue-sand glass
  • +1% Order per thread - The player completes an action that proves they are trustworthy to the settlers. - Teachest them how to smith.
  • +20WP & Include the resource in their Secondary Resources section of the settlement profile - The player discovers a way to process a primary resource their settlement collects into a useful item, and instructs settlers on how to make it themselves. - Shares the secret of making Blue-glass / Metal Alloys to transfer the properties of the Blue glass to the metals.
  • +XP Blacksmithing for Charles "Cho" Akki to make him a novice Blacksmith
 ! Message from: Pig Boy
Okay approved and verified. However, you''ll at some point want to find a dedicated glassworker for the purposes of glass production, but the Flag of Flibberty allows all settlers to assume basic competence, so the glass you end up making should be fine. As long as the Flag of Flibberty stands.

+1% Order (Now 66%)
+20 WP and Secondary Resource of Blue-Glass and Blue-Glass/Metal Alloys.
+1 xp Blacksmithing for Charles Cho Akki. (More teaching experience/skill for WInston will make him more efficient as a teacher.)
word count: 248

Appearance

Equipement

Vega
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Hat-Wearer
Renown: 1749
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Monthly Update
I'm going to start doing this once a month around the 1st ish - just to keep up to date with focus and survival skills.

Focus Skill Use
Focus Skill: Fieldcraft.
Previous Total: +3 (awarded for this thread )

To this point the following threads have had focus skill used since Bas awarded the first three:
Join the Chorus = Vega uses Fieldcraft - Level GM - Focus Points +3 (new total +6)
Wood Your Raft = Kisaik uses Fieldcraft - Level Novice - Focus Points -1 (new total +5)

Survival Skill Use
Hot Cycle 722 Join the Chorus = Vega uses Huntin: 2 x knowledge claimed- Level GM - Already claimed
Cold Cycle 722: Thread is ongoing. (my own note: it's this one - just put it in the review queue.

Plus. Please can I have a questline? I've done lots more than three threads please and thank you!
 ! Message from: Winston
I have been through and checked for the final total Focus Points.

Thank you for this claim, I can verify that the new total is +5

Secret plot line incoming!

While hunting one early morning, something happens to Vega that might not have happened for a long time. She finds some tracks that she cannot identify!

It's a solitary collection of prints that at first she might write off as a woodland cat. However with her extraordinary talents, she can tell that this small, agile creature has four legs, a tail, is much like a cat in build and size, but would appear to be able to FLY!

It was impossible to follow a flying creature's tracks, but as the cycle passed, the mysterious prints began to appear more and more frequently as more creatures began to visit the area. With her hunting talents, she may be able to formulate a pattern she might just be able to follow!

What could they be?
word count: 311

Vega's skin has a reflective metallic sheen with a red glow. Her eyes still swirl biqaj colours, but one colour is always bright red which glows like fire. She has a bright red glow in her chest, situated directly under the mark of a heart (Daia mark) in the middle of a glowing silver dragon on her chest (Xiur). She's unnaturally warm to the touch
Kisaik
Approved Character
Race: Tunawa
Profession: Protagonist
Renown: 805
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Storybook

Featured

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Thread: Winston Miller and the Labour of Leaf Huts
Participants: Kisaik and Winston
Brief description of thread: Kisaik and Winston start to talk about building shelters centralized around the Sweetstone tree. Theye ventually decide that a solid skirt roof for the tunawa will be ideal, while a sort of awning to approach the center of the tree, that catches the jades falling, would be ideal. In the processs, they discover a theiving Sniffer Drake, which has been stealing valuables from the people of Sweetsong. They track it down to its lair, and recover all of its hoarded artifacts. In the end, Kisaik makes an accord with the drake, that it should stay in Sweetsong and prune the jades from the tree safely. In return, they will ensure a steady supply of trinkets for it.
  • Jade/Sweetstone Ojogbon tree.
  • I believe this should make the jade a more automatic resource, since the sniffer drake will be working on gathering the resource for them actively.
  • +2% for solving a problem (They recovered belongings that the sniffer drake filched from the settlers.)
  • The plans are set in motion for the building of a shelter around the center of the base of the Sweetstone Tree.
  • A protective awning for big folk to walk up to the tree, and not get pelted by jade stones.
Hello hello! Sorry about the delay. Going to go in order for these!
Point 1: +10WP (40 Total) for acquiring a way to gather a resource! Jade has become an Automatic resource.
Point 2: +2% order (70% total) for solving a problem.
Point 3 & 4: No change, as the plans were made but not executed. Enjoy!
word count: 286
Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Thread: Oraganise organise organise!
Cycle, Season, and Arc: 20th Saun 722
Participants: Vega + NPCs
Brief description of thread: Vega makes a cabinet for Teq.
Survival Skill Used (What Level if so): NA
Survival Skill Knowledge Claimed? (How many):
Focus Skill Used (What level if so): NA
Focus Skill Knowledge Claimed? (How many):
  • Vega sends her cousins to go and collect more wood.
  • She uses wood already there.
  • I figure that maybe (not sure) this would be +1 Order. The settlers would see her fulfilling a promise and know that she's trustworthy - that she replaces resources used and is helpful, etc
  • I plan on using this thread as a "start point" for some development of Sweetsong, so that Woodworking slowly becomes more and more part of what they do.
+1% to Order (now 68%) for Sweetsong. Noted on the Woodworking becoming more of a thing in Sweetsong.
word count: 159

Vega's skin has a reflective metallic sheen with a red glow. Her eyes still swirl biqaj colours, but one colour is always bright red which glows like fire. She has a bright red glow in her chest, situated directly under the mark of a heart (Daia mark) in the middle of a glowing silver dragon on her chest (Xiur). She's unnaturally warm to the touch
Jasper
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Aesir
Renown: 295
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Featured

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Thread: Let The Cycle Continue
Cycle, Season, and Arc: Cylcus, Rebirth, 723
Participants: Jasper (PC), Astra, Dasjat, Flo (NPC)
Brief description of thread: Astra goes into labor during the snow event. She delivers triplets.
Survival Skill Used (What Level if so): Medicine (Competent)
Survival Skill Knowledge Claimed? : Medicine x 3
Focus Skill Used (What level if so): Medicine (Competent)
Focus Skill Knowledge Claimed? (How many): Medicine x3
Settlement Resources Used: ?
  • A new group of people join the settlement.
Hi Jasper,

A few things about this here submission. We only accept threads that have been graded for the Settlement system. So please repost this when that's happened. For now, no change.

In addition, without reading it I'm not sure that three baby npcs of yours constitute an addition of settlers to the settlement? So likely, unless you're proving trustworthiness to the Settlement/settlers in some way, this wouldn't count for much more than a thread in Sweetsong (if it's your third, though, you'll be entitled to a secret plot!)
word count: 182
Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Thread: Welcome to the Neighbourhood!
Cycle, Season, and Arc: 4th Saun, 722 (Hot)
Participants:Vega, Darius, Personal NPCs - Hopetoun NPCs and Sweetsong NPCs
Brief description of thread: Darius and the Hopetounians come to Sweetsong and help Vega set up things. They help out and Vega and Darius agree a mutually beneficial exchange!
Survival Skill (Hunting) Used (What Level if so): Nope.
Survival Skill Knowledge Claimed? :None.
Focus Skill Used (What level if so): Darius: Fieldcraft (Competent), Vega: Fieldcraft (GM)
Focus Skill Knowledge Claimed? (How many): 1
  • They're getting started so it's NPCs etc.
    • +2 Order: The player completes an action that directly solves a problem the settlement is experiencing. (Does not stack with the above action.) I think it's solving the problem of "we have no contacts and no one to trade with - but if not, then, I'd claim +1 please
    • I'm not 100% sure what the trade and exchange of information counts as. Closest I can come to is: The player discovers a way to process a primary resource their settlement collects into a useful item, and instructs settlers on how to make it themselves. (+20 WP + Resources) although it might also be: The player sets up a useful service in their settlement, such as a bank or insurance broker, and instructs settlers on how to run this service themselves..

What we are looking to do is to share resources - things like Faldrass Potato and Faldrass Sand from Hopetoun being sent to Sweetsong, with things like Jade, Blue Sand and the other resources that we have in Sweetsong (which will grow sas more things happen / the more the settlement develops) - Darius and I will agree which two resources we get from each other each season (so 4 a cycle) and post them in the tracker for evidence / records
     ! Message from: Winston
    Rewards issued:
    • +1 Order (from 70 -> 71): The player completes an action that proves they are trustworthy to the settlers (see note below, sorry it's not +2).
    • Permanent Resource Exchange between settlements (Done as detailed here)
    Notes:
    • As noted over DM: My interpretation of this is that for this to 'directly solve a problem', there must be an illustratable need that is not being met within the settlement. As until you posted this trade proposal, I was not aware that Sweetsonge was NOT self-sufficient and a happy bunch of loaners ticking along by themselves :-p and so while beneficial for sure for new ventures, without something to act as evidence that people are genuinely facing a problem due to the lack of something being obtained here, it does not meet that criteria. *hugs*
    • This is still pending the provision of the agreed resource exchange for this update to take affect fully.
word count: 467

Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Thread: Skullgull I choose you!
Cycle, Season, and Arc: 15th Saun, 722 (Hot)
Participants:Vega, Winston, Personal NPCs
Brief description of thread: What started with a discussion on hunting skullgulls became a "cure Woe's brands" and we did some shopping!
Survival Skill (Hunting) Used (What Level if so): Yes. GM
Survival Skill Knowledge Claimed? : Yes, 3 (1 Vega, 2 Winston)
Focus Skill Used (What level if so): Nope
Focus Skill Knowledge Claimed? (How many): NA
  • Stuff to make Winston a camp.
    • The player completes an action that proves they are trustworthy to the settlers. (+1 Order) (for both Vega and Winston?)
word count: 110

Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “The Settlement System”