Taverning in the Empire

80th of Ashan 724

The capital of the Eternal Empire. Home to Empress Raskalarn and the Imperial government, as well as just being a general hub for Imperial activity.

Moderators: Basilisk Snek, Staff, Peer Reviewer, Wiki Worker

Illuvia
Approved Character
Race: Human
Renown: 45
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 4

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Taverning in the Empire

A pale skinned woman with snow white hair and a disposition for being out of the sunlight during the daytime walked into the tavern. She was dressed in casual black clothing consisting of a t-shirt and some loose fitting pants, having left her armor in her inn room down the street. She still had her two katana by her side – tools that made her feel safe even if she doubted she would need them. Her arms from the elbows down were covered in bright red runes and seemed a tad thicker than a normal woman’s. There were runes on other parts of her body too, but those were concealed by her clothing.

She’d travelled for most of Ashan and had only arrived a few days ago. She hadn’t had time to properly take in the culture. A tavern seemed like the most obvious place to relax and learn a thing or two about what life was like in the Eternal Empire.

“Something sweet, pretty please,” she said to the bartender as she leaned her elbows onto the bar. She’d have enough hard crappy drinks on her journey. She craved a high quality sugary beverage that would like be a luxurious reward.

When her drink arrived she’d sip it and look around, trying to find out if there was anyone interesting to talk or listen to. She knew little about how things were done around these parts, but taverns seemed to be more or less the same everywhere she’d been. Get enough people drunk together in a confined area and interesting things tended to happen. She found many people averting their eyes when she met their gazes. She supposed it was only natural for people to gawk at her mutations especially when she wasn’t going through any effort to hide them.

word count: 308
Thaldan
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Storyteller
Renown: 35
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Re: Taverning in the Empire

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

DATE

Thaldan stood next to the table were Handal was sitting nursing his cup of beer. Handal always nursed his cup of beer as he enjoyed being with friends in the tavern more then drinking. Thaldan also didn’t drink more then a cup at a visit. At this moment though while his drink was sitting next to him on the table. The young man was telling the others around him a story. He was finishing the narrative as a white hair young woman came into the tavern. As he finished with a smile there was some laughing and everyone turned back to there drinks and allowed him to take a seat and finish his.

“Why do you do that every time we come into a Tavern?” Handal asked. Both young men were dressed in brown pants and grey shirts. They were good sensible clothing that would last long and handle the riggers of the life the two you lived as they traveled from town to town. Thaldan was listening but also looking around the room to see where the white hair woman had sat.

“Because if I don’t we will get bothered until I do.” He said and finally saw her. She was looking around and most people weren’t interested in her beyond a casual observation. Thaldan though that someone with those features would have a good story to tell, assuming they wanted to share it. So when her gaze settle upon her he nodded his head inviting her to come and join their table.

Assuming she came over he would stand and invite her to take a seat. “It’s a pleasure to meet you. My name is Thaldan and this is my friend Handal.”
word count: 289
Illuvia
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Luvi finished a drink and got started on another. The bartender was happy to accept her money and Luvi was happy to part with it. Spending the bare minimum for the duration of her trip had allowed her to splurge a little, despite being quite a bit poorer than she had been last season.

Luvi wasn’t surprised that people avoided her gaze. She wasn’t the intimidating sort, but mutations had a way of instantly segregating one from the general populace. Much of what people seemed to be talking about didn’t make much sense to her either, so jumping into a conversation was out of the question. Still, she didn’t want to be the awkward girl standing around by herself. If she had to initiate a conversation, she would force herself to, eventually.

Thankfully, someone did have the politeness, or guts, to hold her gaze. She smiled at him, genuinely, and walked over. “Hello Thaldan, Handal,” she said after their introduction. She took a seat at their table and took a swig of her drink for confidence. Talking to men in social settings always made her at least a little nervous.

“I’m Luvi,” she said after setting her drink down. She quickly realized how infrequently she had these sorts of impromptu conversations at taverns. She was used to being around friends where she always knew what to talk about. She wracked her brain for questions she could ask the pair, trying to convince herself that everything was going to be okay.

“I’ve come all the way from Melrath. I’m a… sword for hire,” she said. She didn’t really have a profession at the moment but it was the closest thing to the truth that she could think of. “Are you two from around here?” she continued, shifting her gaze back and forth between the two.

word count: 312
Thaldan
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Storyteller
Renown: 35
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates

Milestones

Miscellaneous

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

DATE

The young woman noticed his invite to join them at the table. The two watched as she settled down into a seat and took a swig of her drink. Thaldan watched as she paused after introducing herself and explained where she was from and why she was there. Thaldan looked impressed when she mentioned where she was from. Melrath was on the other side of the world. His blue eyes looked with interest at the woman Luvi.

Handal looked at Thaldan with a raised eyebrow. “Where is Melrath?”

“Its on the opposite side of the world.” Thaldan replied back. “That is a bid distances though as a sword for hire the Empire certainly has plenty of opportunities.” He said with a grin. “We are from a little farming village in one of the outlying districts. Neither of us liked farming so we are wandering entertainers. I enjoy it myself. Seeing knew places, seeing people smile and laugh.” He took a sip of his drink.

“So was coming to the empire a bit of a shock or fairly standards? Have you fought any monsters while being a sell swords.” He asked curiously where she had come from. Thaldan’s job was to talk to people and he would do that. Which given how he was shy as child it was a bit different. You never know when someone will have a good story to share.
word count: 235
Illuvia
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters

Milestones

Miscellaneous

“Yep, it’s been a very long journey. It took me over half the season, I reckon. I’ve honestly lost track of how long it’s been. I’ve had a bit of a shock but I’m somewhat numb to culture shocks at the moment. The caravans I travelled with stopped at so many places along the way and they each have their own little quirks about them.”

She paused to take another sip then continued, “I’ve never fought a monster… most of my practical combat experience has been against bandits that I’ve come across. I think I’d like to avoid places where monsters roam, they’re scary.”

She knew what to expect from a human but she hated the thought of fighting anything that didn’t have a similar shape. Mostly because she was untrained in that area and didn’t know what to expect. She could sign up for a swordsmanship class to find out how to fight other people, but learning how to fight a wolf was something one could only do by putting oneself in danger. Plus, there were so many strange and powerful creatures out there and it wasn’t as if she was the type to go killing them for their hides.

She chuckled then asked, “so, travelling entertainers… what kinds of things do you do? Perform acts? Tell stories? Play music?” Luvi had envy for people who had enough creativity to pull off those sorts of things. She hadn’t an artistic bone in her body either which was kind of why she gravitated to combat.

word count: 268
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Korlasir”