Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

[Rynmere] Event Archive

Ashan Seasonal Events 716
3 Ashan:
Nora’s birthday celebrations take place in Venora. People from all across Rynmere flock to the region to climb the mountain to Nora’s Rest. No doubt The Seers will be there, and a few of the city guard.
20 Ashan:
The First Hunt takes place in Warrick attracting hunters from neighbouring regions.
41 Ashan:
One of the Seekers is found dead on the steps of the Monastery in Andaris City. Now members of The Seers are being questioned, but the cause of death cannot be determined.
77 Ashan:
A shipment of slaves bound for the Arena are intercepted off the shores of Venora. An eyewitness told the knights investigating the matter that the rogue ship had black sails and headed west.
82 Ashan:
Two dead men wash up on the shores of Warrick, some believe they might be two of the crooks that intercepted the merchant ship on the 77th.
97 Ashan:
The King’s ship docks at the ports. The Royal Guard rushes him to the infirmary to be treated for "burns".

How Rumours Work: If you have an interest in following up on a rumour, reply to this thread with a link to your own thread where you character goes looking for more information and you will receive a PM or a reply with a lead. If you aren't sure where to start, have your character go looking at the source (one of the taverns).
Rumours from The Blacksmith Arms
 ! Message from: Kingdom
Ray tells me Yosef has been making a lot of swords lately. They don’t look like the kind he sends to the city guard either.
No one has seen King Cassander since he got married to that witch, Freya. The Lord Commander told one of his Captains that the King was away on business.
Rumours from Ye Olde Inn
I overheard Brice telling another merchant that he was planning to bring in a new shipment of fighting slaves mid season.
Pythera Venora was seen in the village of Warrick last season. Iggy's cousin said she bought four horses and headed north.
Bribe a City Guard in any one of the villages or city for a random piece of information. Bribes will set your character back five gold nels, and may or may not reward them with useful information.
Rumours discovered through bribing guards this season:
Elyna: One of the guards that works down at the docks is a right crook! I’ve seen him taking bribes from some real bad folk.
Vivian: A bunch of kids living on the outskirts of town have been squawking about finding some of Lord Krome’s sunken treasure. I bet they hide it somewhere along the beach, just down past the docks.
Lei'lira: Found this key out on patrol yesterday; don’t know what it goes to. You can have it if you like?
Peake Andaris: The Seers are up to something, they have started leaving their mark around town again, recruiting I suppose. I would stay clear of Nora’s Rest this season if I were you.
Peake Andaris: The king was stabbed during a visit to Rharne. I hear he was looking to set up a trade alliance.
Peake Andaris: You didn’t hear this from me… but Queen Freya is rumoured to have a man on the side. I thought it was all nonsense until I spotted her whispering into the Lord Commander’s ear a few days ago, bit down on his lobe, she did. Quite the scandal if you ask me.
Sabine: The local blacksmith only buys his ale from Ye Olde Inn; don’t let anyone tell you otherwise!
How Bribes Work: There are ten secret rumours every season. Five of them are silly, non-important rumours that lead to nothing, three are handy, and two lead to big plots or treasure. To purchase a rumour send a PM to Kingdom with the rumour you would like, numbered between 1 and 10 (with 5gn already deducted on your ledger). If the rumour has already been taken, your character will be thrown in the dungeon for three nights for 'trying to bribe a city guard'. There is an option to escape jail time by paying an extra five gold nels to the guard.
Rumours that have been bought will be put up for everyone to see but can only be acted upon by the player who bought them. You're more than welcome to plot with said player to join in on chasing rumours, but saying the numbers used for rumours that have been bought will get you excluded in participating from buying any rumours for the following season.

Any of the ten rumours that are left undiscovered at the end of the season will become next season's tavern rumours.
word count: 826
A N D I T' S A L L J U S T S M A L L S T U F F, B A B Y.
Kingdom
Prophet of Old
Race: Mer
Renown: -1000
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Event Archive

Ymiden Seasonal Events 716
Ymiden Weather in Rynmere

Trial 1-11

Sun and very light showers, like a fine mist in patches overnight. The days are warming up considerably and are a lot longer with the sun rising earlier and setting later, expected to last throughout the hot season. Fields are green and healthy but hilltops and the high grounds in Warrick, Venora, and Andaris are starting to turn a golden colour. There is some concern about water reserves for farming but all this heats means the rivers will be fit to burst as snow from the Burning Mountains melts and heads out to sea.

Trial 12-18

Cloud cover provides some relief from the fine weather this season, keeping the fields green and lush. Ymiden is expected to be hotter in Rynmere than usual and people should start making preparations now to ensure that they have enough clean water in their households to see them through what should be the more mild part of the hot cycle. Engineers from across Rynmere are helping to install a pipeline from Zor river to the capital to try and met their dream of fresh, running water in the crown by 717, midtown by 720, and lowtown by 726.

Trail 19-83

On the 51st trial of Ymiden a water restriction is enforced in all regions outside of Burhan. Farmers are worried about water reserves used to keep their crops alive and believe that if things continue down this path they may have to sacrifice part of their crops to keep livestock fed. The country will not see anymore rain for the foreseeable future, and farmers may be forced to start selling livestock in order to keep their farms running at a profit. Anyone caught taking more water from the rivers than allocated will be fined twenty gold nel.

1 Ymiden:
On the first day of summer, the people of Rynmere honour The Sacred Seven, when the founders of Rynmere are celebrated for their discovery, loyalty, conquest, memory, justice, knowledge, and perseverance, but this is not a day of feasts, instead all Rynlists across the land who believe in the values of the Creed of Silence go without speaking or eating for the entire day in order to pay homage to their saints, Andaris, Venora, Warrick, Krome, Burhan, Endor, and Gawyne. Most businesses are closed on this day and people are free to stay home from school and work without fear of reprimand. On this day Andaris City and many of the regional outposts resemble a ghost town.

13 Ymiden: Moderated.
The Fighting Arena is packed for the seasonal tournament and locals are shocked to find that an ex noble has found himself in the line-up alongside the current lord commander, both forced to fight to the death in an attempt to earn their freedom. The Queen makes an appearance, sat in the royal viewing platform alongside her husband, who is still recovering from an injury he sustained in Ashan.

21 Ymiden: Moderated.
House Warrick hosts a Jousting Tournament inviting knights, nobles, and sportsmen from across the country to join in and enjoy their hospitality. Veljorn Burhan makes an appearance.

27 Ymiden:
Rumours of an uprising against the king reach the capital from the far west of Rynmere. Informants believe Veljorn Burhan leads an army at least two thousand (2000) strong, well fed, supplied, and funded by three of the seven noble houses.

39 Ymiden:
The people take a vote for the King to act against or stay his hand regarding the uprising in the west. Some of the nobles are interviewed by the local paper to hear what they have to say.

44 Ymiden:
The body of a woman is found outside the city Library with both of her eyes missing, and hands clutching the book of a children’s story about the tale of the lost Labyrinth of Rynmere.

51 Ymiden:
A water restriction is enforced in all regions outside of Burhan. Farmers are worried about water reserves used to keep their crops alive and believe that if things continue down this path they may have to sacrifice part of their crops to keep livestock fed.

53 Ymiden:
The Circus has moved on from Andaris to the region of Venora and will be open for the next nine trials. Locals are encouraged to go and make the most of the fun and exciting activities on offer.

63 Ymiden:
A number of Jacadon young have been going missing and their numbers are noticeably on the decline. The sole survivor of an attack on a caravan that was taking Hunter’s Pass from Warrick to Endor reports the seeing Scorn flying outside of Hunter’s Grove.

76 Ymiden:
A young woman working as an extra is killed during a play at the Theatre in Andaris City. People seated in the front row saw a strange young man, tall, thin, and dark of skin, fleeing the scene with the murder weapon, a dagger, in hand.

81 Ymiden:
A strange sickness has broken out in Lowtown. Children can’t stop coughing and aren’t sleeping well. With three elderly already reported dead, doctors are being told to take extra care and wash their hands between patients.

Rynmere Fashion:
Popular this season, hats, corsets, sword canes, and the colour yellow.

How Rumours Work: If you have an interest in following up on a rumour, reply to this thread with a link to your own thread where you character goes looking for more information and you will receive a PM or a reply with a lead. If you aren't sure where to start, have your character go looking at the source (one of the taverns).
Yosef was arrested by the Moseke Knights on the 19th of Ymiden. No one has seen or heard from him since.
King Cassander is said to be very displeased with his wife, Freya. A merchant from the west told me he has sent the royal guard abroad in search of a new queen.
I've seen a lot of them Aukari types working down at the docks lately. No good, bad tempered, bastards they are. Something fishy going on if you ask me.
Rumours from Ye Olde Inn
Brice lost over three hundred slaves last season due to his ships being intercepted and attacked. Some say they have joined the rebel army under Veljorn's banner.
Faction VII are said to be trapping Tunäwä and taking them as slaves in the north. I wonder what they are up to?
A ship bearing the crest of Hiladrith arrived in port. They pay in gold for silence and ten men disembarked. It is whispered they hide blades and shields of beautiful craft and were welcomed by a royal servant. (Moderator: Plague)
Old Guard Rumours from Ashan
Old Guard Bribe (Ashan) That dead guy they found outside the monastery? He was in that underground tavern just the other night, mad drunk and looking for a fight. Saw two girls follow him out, a couple of lovers I think?
Old Guard Bribe (Ashan) I saw a man walk into the sea when I was a boy, strange huh? His wife told everyone he was hearing voices.
Old Guard Bribe (Ashan) You can get two loaves of bread for the price of one at the marketplace if you arrive before the seventh break.
Sabine: "The King seeks land to the east. We’ve been farming it for many arcs. Perhaps he seeks to make his claim more official?"
Tristan Venora: "Yosef was making weapons for Veljorn Burhan’s army. My guess? He will be the next to die in the Arena."
Peake Andaris: "Someone has been stealing bodies from the Graveyard. The King’s Royal Guard will patrol the grounds for the next season to make sure no more bodies go missing."
Peake Andaris: There is a secret door behind the front desk on the floor at the city Library.
Peake Andaris: Ask for cider at the local brothel.
Nivasi Zyq'Dariav: I overheard Judge Pavoo Burhan talking about a secret meeting on the evening of Ymiden 40th at The Blacksmith Arms. Why would a bunch of nobles want to meet in a place like that?
Nivasi Zyq'Dariav: House Krome is allied with House Burhan over this rebellion going on in the west. Never a good sign when the richest house in the kingdom gets into bed with the most fortified region in Rynmere.
Nivasi Zyq'Dariav: I found this old riddle. Can’t make any sense of it. You take it.
My first's in adventure but isn't in trip,
My second's in river but isn't in ship,
My third is in chalice but isn't in cup,
My fourth's in ascending but isn't in up
My fifth is in error but isn't in flaw,
My last is in talon but isn't in claw,
My whole is a beast who will eat you for dinner,
Unless in this riddle game you are the winner.
How Bribes Work: There are ten secret rumours every season. Five of them are silly, non-important rumours that lead to nothing, three are handy, and two lead to big plots or treasure. To purchase a rumour send a PM to Kingdom with the rumour you would like, numbered between 1 and 10 (with 5gn already deducted on your ledger). If the rumour has already been taken, your character will be thrown in the dungeon for three nights for 'trying to bribe a city guard'. There is an option to escape jail time by paying an extra five gold nels to the guard.
Rumours that have been bought will be put up for everyone to see but can only be acted upon by the player who bought them. You're more than welcome to plot with said player to join in on chasing rumours, but saying the numbers used for rumours that have been bought will get you excluded in participating from buying any rumours for the following season.

Any of the ten rumours that are left undiscovered at the end of the season will become next season's tavern rumours.
word count: 1766
Kingdom
Prophet of Old
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

[Rynmere] Event Archive

Saun Seasonal Events 716
Weather in Rynmere

Trial 1-9

Finally some rain after a very dry Ymiden season. Farmers and residents everywhere are thanking the fates for this blessing from the sky. The weather is expected to get unbearably hot and people are encouraged to collect and store what they can for the long dry spell ahead.

Trial 10-32

There seems to be no relief from the hot, dry air and blazing sun. War is never fun, but cooking in plate armour is even less so. The hills are gold with drought and wildfires are expected in the three southern regions this season.

Trail 33-40

Light showers revive a lot of the hillsides and coastlines with rain falling overnight, miraculously pausing during the daylight hours while the whole country seems to be under attack from an unknown threat.

Note

If you would like to help out in Rynmere and plan the weather for next season, feel free to send a PM to Kingdom.

4 Saun: Moderated.
Ziell visits the city and rumours suggest that he has been spotted in the marketplace in Midtown trading with the locals.

7 Saun:
House Krome and House Warrick withdraw their forces and support from Veljorn's army after a failed assassination of one of Burhan's nobles. Burhan is landlocked and all ships sailing up or down the river Zor are stopped or burned by Krome's forces.

11 Saun:
Reports of Veljorn's forces leaving the Burning Mountains force House Warrick to act and a secret alliance with Endor locks Veljorn's army out of both regions, forcing them to move through Venora with the Burning Mountains being too hot to house them anymore.

17 Saun:
The queen is dead, said to have finally succumbed to wounds sustained in Yimiden after catching an arrow meant for the king. Rumour has it she died of blood-poisoning, but those closer to the royal kin say it was the king who put her out of her misery. Her body is burned on a pyre beside the sea, one of her favourite places in Rynmere near the docks. She is only the third royal in history to go unburied in the royal crypt, though no one has been told why.

19 Saun:
The Moseke knights are suited and put on horses, what's left of the Skyriders gather on the walls with their mounts, and battleships anchored at the docks. War is on the horizon and reports say Veljorn Burhan marches his army towards the capital through the western region of Venora. The country is divided, with Warrick pulling the Skyriders from The Iron Hand, and Krome taking its share of Knights. Burhan has left the navy depleted, and the king finds himself with less than one hundred thousand trained men, while Veljorn is rumoured to command almost twice that number. Locals are confused about how the information had been so wrong, and believe their high walls give them added protection.

Today the king sends two riders from the Royal Guard to send his terms and seek out what Veljorn wants.

20 Saun:
Veljorn's army, camped at the base of the mountain, does not realise that they are sitting on Gawyne's forces who reside in the belly of the mountain. Scouts reports put Qe'Dreki numbers at one hundred and fifty thousand, and with pressure from Venora to move on, they are said to march towards the capital tomorrow.

22 Suan: Sub-Moderated.
Twelve thousand Skyriders from Warrick attack in the early hours of the 22nd. This far from any major body of water, there is only one wave of 'White Fire' but enough to take out the army's cavalry, and devastate Veljorn's army, killing at least forty thousand, and injuring at least ten thousand more.

25 Saun: Moderated.
Minus a lot of his men, Veljorn arrives in Andaris, forcing the city into lockdown. With all four gates closed, Veljorn concentrates his attack on the west wall, his men taking shelter from arrows in the nearby forest while a group are tasked with taking out the gate with tar and fire. As a precaution, the gates between Midtown and Lowtown are closed and reinforced, with hundreds of the city's poor slaughtered like lambs by the rebel army, their houses now occupied by Veljorn's men.

26 Saun:
Qe'Dreki fortify the western gate and lock Gawyne's forces from the city. Negotiation talks start.

28 Saun:
Players decide.

29 Saun:
The war is over and the winner is decided.

34 Saun:
"A scream announced their arrival, monsters born of shadow and hate. The city guards have been able to fend them off for the most part, but the kingdom fears for those locked outside its walls, beyond the region of Andaris. There seems no end to them, attracted to sound and sudden movements, they take the form of both man and beast, and cut down any in their path."

From the 34th to the 40th of Saun the kingdom is plagued by these shadow beasts, able to take the form of any living thing. They appear only during the day, crawling out from the shadows to attack and kill. People are safest in numbers and many have been encouraged to seek shelter, but for the time being the city gates will remained locked.

38 Saun:
A new Lord Commander is named.

Rynmere Fashion:
Popular this season, corsets, sword canes, and the colour yellow.

Sword Canes

Owned and used by respected gentlemen, a lot of the canes on sale are fashioned after the sigil of Rynmere (especially the dragon head).

Image Image Image

Corsets

First fashionable in a lot of the brothel houses, locals are now starting to adopt the trend. Corsets are quite expensive and only worn by upper class women.

Image Image

Colour Yellow

Caelan Burhan, Octavia Burhan, and Kaleb Venora were all spotted wearing yellow at numerous events last season. The trend caught on among the upper and middle classes during Saun .

Image Image Image
Lots of poor people going missing in Lowtown, I wonder if it has something to do with those strange experiments they carry out at the university? Or maybe there is a new Slaver in town who has escaped my notice?
A guy in here yesterday said that King Cassander paid for the queen to be murdered and that the man who shot her with an arrow was really working for him. I don't know what to think anymore, he never stuck me as a boy capable of murder, wonder what else he is capable of?
A group of Aukari burned down a farmhouse in Venora last night (8 Saun), and as far as I've heard, the guards refuse to investigate.
Rumours from Ye Olde Inn
2 Saun: I heard that King Cassander has been prolonging the inevitable to wait on reinforcements from a city in the west. Looks like Veljorn will win this war.
Faction VII extended an olive branch to Qe'Dreki and a captain from Veljorn's forces told a friend of mine that the Dragon King refused their support stating that he 'would not tolerate groups like theirs in his kingdom'.
I overheard a close friend of Thomas Endor, the man slain in the fighting arena last season, tell his wife that Queen Freya was with child.
Old Guard Rumours from Ymiden
My sister is married to one of the King’s torturers, says Yosef is being held in the city dungeons.
Haakon’s Door was last seen in The Royal Glen. I wonder where it will land next?

PC Name:
Note: The city is on high alert this season (Saun 716), and due to the war the guards are jumpy. Players will only be able to purchase one bribe each.
word count: 1577
Kingdom
Prophet of Old
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

[Rynmere] Event Archive

Changes to original script
Saun Seasonal Events 716
Weather in Rynmere

Trial 1-9

Finally some rain after a very dry Ymiden season. Farmers and residents everywhere are thanking the fates for this blessing from the sky. The weather is expected to get unbearably hot and people are encouraged to collect and store what they can for the long dry spell ahead.

Trial 10-32

There seems to be no relief from the hot, dry air and blazing sun. War is never fun, but cooking in plate armour is even less so. The hills are gold with drought and wildfires are expected in the three southern regions this season.

Trail 33-40

Light showers revive a lot of the hillsides and coastlines with rain falling overnight, miraculously pausing during the daylight hours while the whole country seems to be under attack from an unknown threat.

Note

If you would like to help out in Rynmere and plan the weather for next season, feel free to send a PM to Kingdom.

4 Saun: Moderated.
Ziell visits the city and rumours suggest that he has been spotted in the marketplace in Midtown trading with the locals.

7 Saun:
House Krome and House Warrick withdraw their forces and support from Veljorn's army after a failed assassination of one of Burhan's nobles. Burhan is landlocked and all ships sailing up or down the river Zor are stopped or burned by Krome's forces.

11 Saun:
Reports of Veljorn's forces leaving the Burning Mountains force House Warrick to act and a secret alliance with Endor locks Veljorn's army out of both regions, forcing them to move through Venora with the Burning Mountains being too hot to house them anymore.

17 Saun:
The queen is dead, said to have finally succumbed to wounds sustained in Yimiden after catching an arrow meant for the king. Rumour has it she died of blood-poisoning, but those closer to the royal kin say it was the king who put her out of her misery. Her body is burned on a pyre beside the sea, one of her favourite places in Rynmere near the docks. She is only the third royal in history to go unburied in the royal crypt, though no one has been told why.

19 Saun:
The Moseke knights are suited and put on horses, what's left of the Skyriders gather on the walls with their mounts, and battleships anchored at the docks. War is on the horizon and reports say Veljorn Burhan marches his army towards the capital through the western region of Venora. The country is divided, with Warrick pulling the Skyriders from The Iron Hand, and Krome taking its share of Knights. Burhan has left the navy depleted, and the king finds himself with less than one hundred thousand trained men, while Veljorn is rumoured to command almost twice that number. Locals are confused about how the information had been so wrong, and believe their high walls give them added protection.

Today the king sends two riders from the Royal Guard to send his terms and seek out what Veljorn wants.

20 Saun:
Veljorn's army, camped at the base of the mountain, does not realise that they are sitting on Gawyne's forces who reside in the belly of the mountain. Scouts reports put Qe'Dreki numbers at one hundred and fifty thousand, and with pressure from Venora to move on, they are said to march towards the capital tomorrow.

22 Suan:
Whales are spotted off the south coast of Rynmere. The sighting is said to be a good oman.

25 Saun:
Veljorn arrives in Andaris, forcing the city into lockdown. With all four gates closed, Veljorn concentrates his attack on the west wall, his men taking shelter from arrows in the nearby forest while a group are tasked with taking out the gate with tar and fire. As a precaution, the gates between Midtown and Lowtown are closed and reinforced, with hundreds of the city's poor slaughtered like lambs by the rebel army, their houses now occupied by Veljorn's men.

26 Saun: (players decide) Moderated.
Qe'Dreki fortify the western gate and lock Gawyne's forces from the city. Negotiation talks start and end not long later with Veljorn's death via Elyna Burhan's blade. The king is injured during his escape, and twelve thousand Skyriders from Warrick attack under Ser Victor Warrick's command. This far from any major body of water, there is only one wave of 'White Fire' but enough to take out the army's cavalry, and devastate Veljorn's army, killing at least forty thousand, and injuring at least ten thousand more.

27 Saun: (players decide) Moderated.
The fight for Lowtown ensues and Veljorn's forces fight their way into Midtown only to be slaughtered by members of the Iron Hand, and locals who were prepared for the assault.

29 Saun:
The war is over and the winner is decided. The clean up work begins.

34 Saun:
"A scream announced their arrival, monsters born of shadow and hate. The city guards have been able to fend them off for the most part, but the kingdom fears for those locked outside its walls, beyond the region of Andaris. There seems no end to them, attracted to sound and sudden movements, they take the form of both man and beast, and cut down any in their path."

From the 34th to the 40th of Saun the kingdom is plagued by these shadow beasts, able to take the form of any living thing. They appear only during the day, crawling out from the shadows to attack and kill. People are safest in numbers and many have been encouraged to seek shelter, but for the time being the city gates will remained locked.

38 Saun:
A new Lord Commander is named. Komodo Enthor.

Rynmere Fashion:
Popular this season, corsets, sword canes, and the colour yellow.

Sword Canes

Owned and used by respected gentlemen, a lot of the canes on sale are fashioned after the sigil of Rynmere (especially the dragon head).

Image Image Image

Corsets

First fashionable in a lot of the brothel houses, locals are now starting to adopt the trend. Corsets are quite expensive and only worn by upper class women.

Image Image

Colour Yellow

Caelan Burhan, Octavia Burhan, and Kaleb Venora were all spotted wearing yellow at numerous events last season. The trend caught on among the upper and middle classes during Saun .

Image Image Image
Lots of poor people going missing in Lowtown, I wonder if it has something to do with those strange experiments they carry out at the university? Or maybe there is a new Slaver in town who has escaped my notice?
A guy in here yesterday said that King Cassander paid for the queen to be murdered and that the man who shot her with an arrow was really working for him. I don't know what to think anymore, he never stuck me as a boy capable of murder, wonder what else he is capable of?
A group of Aukari burned down a farmhouse in Venora last night (8 Saun), and as far as I've heard, the guards refuse to investigate.
Rumours from Ye Olde Inn
2 Saun: I heard that King Cassander has been prolonging the inevitable to wait on reinforcements from a city in the west. Looks like Veljorn will win this war.
Faction VII extended an olive branch to Qe'Dreki and a captain from Veljorn's forces told a friend of mine that the Dragon King refused their support stating that he 'would not tolerate groups like theirs in his kingdom'.
I overheard a close friend of Thomas Endor, the man slain in the fighting arena last season, tell his wife that Queen Freya was with child.
Old Guard Rumours from Ymiden
My sister is married to one of the King’s torturers, says Yosef is being held in the city dungeons.
Haakon’s Door was last seen in The Royal Glen. I wonder where it will land next?

Yanahalqah: Some say the king has made a terrible alliance with the Aukari. More and more seem to be arriving via ship every trial."
Note: The city is on high alert this season (Saun 716), and due to the war the guards are jumpy. Players will only be able to purchase one bribe each.
word count: 1676
Kingdom
Prophet of Old
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

[Rynmere] Event Archive

Vhalar Seasonal Events 716

Trial 1-25

Across Rynmere, summer seems to have taken an encore. The days are particularly hot and humid and there are warm, light rain showers during the night. The fields slowly return --almost too late-- to their usual lush, green state. Farmers rush to fatten livestock and make up lost time.

Trial 26-31

Stormy skies threaten heavy rain but little seems to actually fall. Still, there is scattered lightning and thunder. The wind picks up and the days lose some of their warmth, but it is not yet cold out, merely pleasant. The first trees begin to turn colors.

Trial 32-38

Finally the clouds break into a fierce fall storm. The winds are devastating, especially in the north. Krome, Gawyne, and Endor are battered with whipping rain and multiple severe wind storms and lightning strikes. Thunder is nearly constant. The wind also seems particularly harsh in Warrick; during the storm, animals --and one child-- go missing. On the 35th, a horse falls out of the sky in the neighboring region of Venora to everyone's surprise and perplexity. In the other regions, the rain falls surprisingly warm, almost body temp.

Trial 39-60

There is a period of intense off-and-on rain. There are not many severe storms, but the rain seems like a permanent fixture, and now farmers despair that their crops, in danger of drought in the earlier seasons, might now become waterlogged. As such, they begin harvesting early. The rivers across Rynmere swell and children and weak swimmers are cautioned not to enter the water. The wild Jacadon, especially the juveniles learning to swim, seem pleased by the rain and venture further than usual from Sunset Isle; there is potential tragedy when the waters rise and sweep a group of twenty juveniles away with strong currents out to sea. Rescue missions are organized to save the younglings before they grow tired and drown.

Meanwhile, the swollen rivers cause some amount of flooding, especially in the regions bordering Lake Krome, and there is a small amount of property damage. On the 57th, a flash flood sweeps down from the Burning Mountains, swamping the southern areas of Burhan and Krome, and the northern areas of Venora and Andaris.

Trial 61-79

After the torrential rainfall of the past few weeks, people are grateful for cloudy --but dry-- skies. The wind picks back up but remains cool and soothing, rather than dangerous, and the regions affected by flooding soon experience drainage as the excess water flows back into the rivers Avari and Zor. The ground is muddy and thick.

Trial 80-94

A mudslide on the 80th wipes out a wine village in Venora, and people rush to the aid of citizens trapped in the unstable area. People in Venora are warned of sinkholes.

Trial 95-106

The weather seems to calm. The rain appears to have gone for the rest of Vhalar, and instead is replaced by pockets of dense fog, especially along the coastlines. People anticipate the Winter Mist festival.

Trial 107-108

There is a freeze overnight, and a feather-light dusting of snow tops Warren's Peak. The festival is thrown and that night the weather humors the occasion with a blinding fog that covers the whole of the island. Many use the opportunity to play pranks, and the knights are wary of extra crime during the whiteout.

Trial 109-121

After the chaos of the season, summer gives its final bow: the fog recedes, the days warm, and the weather is heavenly, with the perfect amount of light wind. Despite the last hurrah of warmth, the trees all across Rynmere finish changing colors and lose their leaves. The land is vibrant with color, picturesque. Artists everywhere are inspired by beautiful sunsets and sunrises. The sky is fresh-faced and clear.

Trial 122-123

The last good weather of the arc fades, the trees are bare, and everyone prepares for true winter. Light snow flurries fall periodically throughout the days and nights, but nothing seems to stick except in the regions of Endor and Gawyne, where they receive about half an inch of snow. Frost decorates windowsills. There's a wintry nip in the air.

Seasonal Events
4 Vhalar:
The dead Queen is spotted in the city. People pledge to serve her.

9 Vhalar:
Warrick's Watch. The tree refuses to lose its leaves. People make sacrifices of food in return for the promise of prosperity.

13 Vhalar:
The Fighting Arena cancels its main event this season as a show of respect for the many lives lost in Saun.

17 Vhalar :
Rynmere Circus arrives in Krome and will remain in the region until the end of Vhalar.

26 Vhalar :
A new drug called Heat is circulating the streets of Low-town and is believed to have been created by the Aukari. It sells for 15gn a dose and is said to make a person fell warm and lightheaded, providing a boost to the immune system. An overdose will result in high fevers and strong hallucinations.

31 Vhalar :
A gorgeous young woman is walking through the streets when an errant wind blows up her skirt. An artist's rendition of the event is posted anonymously to the Rynmere Gazette and quickly scatters through the city on posters. The public quickly fell in love with the woman, as they saw her as the symbol of hope for a better, more frivolous future. A replication of her skirt, which is being called "the Marilyn skirt" (named, of course, for the young woman herself), has become quite fashionable - though Rynmere's more conservative citizens consider it quite scandalous. (People who purchase and are seen wearing the skirt gain +2 fame).

42 Vhalar :
Citizens take part in the rebuilding of Lowtown and can find odd jobs on the Community Notice Board. Anyone who completes a thread helping with the repairs (at least 1,500 each if collaborative, is eligible for a one off +10 fame)

47 Vhalar :
King Cassander holds an event open to the public where he reassures the citizens of Andaris of the security of his throne and of the city. All drinks are half price in the taverns.

54 Vhalar :
The Iron Hand begins hunting down Qe’Dreki rebels, most of which are thrown in the dungeons or forced into slavery in the Endor Mines. Their wives and children are sold as house slaves.

59 Vhalar :
The criminal element in Lowtown is unusually quiet as the city recovers from Saun's attack, but people have reported a lot more activity around the docks with attacks taking place on the supply road to Rynmere. This pushes a big recruitment drive on the Iron Hand’s part.

67 Vhalar :
A shortage of horses in the kingdom has seen crime rise in distant regions of Warrick, Gawyne, and Krome, with livestock going missing. The capital is paying double the purchase price for horses, with a large shipment from Nashaki said to be arriving in late Zi’da. (double the purchase price for your mount if brought before Saun 716 with proof of purchase +10 fame if sold to the capital. Contact Kingdom).

73 Vhalar :
Crime falls to the noble houses to deal with as they see fit in their regions this season, with ex-rebel soldiers causing havoc right across the kingdom.

85 Vhalar :
The wall Qe'Dreki burned down is mostly repaired, but builders are waiting on stone from Endor. Any merchants looking to make extra gold will be paid handsomely for collecting stone from Endor with their ships to bring back to Andaris.

90 Vhalar:
Faction VII fight with Qe’Dreki to take control of Jorick’s Keep, forcing them to move out of the Burning Mountains into Burhan where they do their best to survive in the Vanwilds before finally moving on east across the water to a farming settlement on foreign shores.

96 Vhalar:
"A Royal Tragedy", the new play by Tristan Venora, premieres at Rynmere Theatre. Rumour has it that King Cassander himself will attend the premiere.

109 Vhalar:
Veljorn's bones have been dried and fired by a Jacadon. They were then coated in gold and gifted to noble houses in each of the regions to scatter. Ryns believe that if a person's bones are scattered that they will never rest and that their soul can never move on from this world. Andaris keeps the skull, Venora takes the chest, the right arm goes to Warrick, left to Burhan, right leg to Krome, left leg to the region of Gawyne, and Endor keeps the organs in a big glass jar, buried deep in the heart of the underground city.

117 Vhalar:
King Cassander leaves the city to travel to Nashaki where he looks to set up stronger trade negotiations. Emerson Sands is left to run the kingdom in his stead.

121 Vhalar:
To thank the city for the efforts with the rebuild, shop owners hold a late night opening in midtown where they serve free meals and hot drinks. (Buy one item from the pricelist with a 5% discount. Contact Kingdom).
Rynmere Fashion
Popular this season: victory curls, black armbands & chokers, "Marilyn" skirts, and the colour burgundy.

Victory Curls

Women across Rynmere have taken to styling their hair into what they are calling "victory curls" as a patriotic symbol of King Cassander's victory over the Qe'Dreki.

Image Image Image

Black Bands

Black armbands for men, and black chokers for women. The bands are intended to honour the dead who fought in the civil war and to symbolize allegiance to Andaris. The poor and middle-class wear simpler bands made of cotton or leather, while the upper-class and nobility wear bands made of velvet or lace. Chokers worn by wealthier women may also have beads or jewels woven in.

Image Image Image

Marilyn Skirts

A beautiful young woman's skirt was blown up by an errant wind during early Vhalar. An artist spotted the event and recreated it in a sketch that was published in the Rynmere Gazette. The public quickly fell in love with the woman, as they saw her as the symbol of hope for a better, more frivolous future. A replication of her skirt, which is being called "the Marilyn skirt" (named, of course, for the young woman herself), has become quite fashionable - though Rynmere's more conservative citizens consider it quite scandalous.

Colour: Burgundy

As the leaves change colours and the weather cools, the Rynmere fashions have moved from bright yellows to dark reds. Burgundy is the colour of the season, and countless nobles are found wearing burgundy cloaks, shirts, and dresses after Baroness Willow Venora is seen decked out in the colour for a royal event.

Image Image Image
Rynmere Economy
Changes this season: How the war of Saun has shaped Vhalar.
Population Decrease: 740,000. (20.1 to 19.3 million due to deaths in civil war and emigration).

Imports

Slaves: Slaves have flooded the marketplace with Qe'Dreki family members being turned in left and right. This had lowered the cost of purchasing a slave by 20% for the rest of the season.

Leather: Leather importing has fallen by 25%. The shortage of leather means that military orders have been filled first; many shops have no leather to sell as the repairs to armour and saddles etc for the military increased demand. Gawyne is working to increase their export amount.

Sugar: Sugar imports are drastically hit following the war and sugar becomes a rare commodity for the common folk of Rynmere. Exports of honey from Venora are trying to meet demand. Sugar doubles in price this season.

Stone: It is truly unfortunate that Andaris relies on importing stone as the war impacted this and the rebuilding increases demand enormously. Despite pulling in all resources they can, stone supplies have hit an all-time low and so the rebuilding effort has to prioritise where stone is used. Citizens are asked to donate stone from walls in their gardens and so on in order to help the rebuilding effort (+5 fame)

Metal: A lot of weapons were damaged or destroyed in the war and metal imports have dropped. The smiths and armourers throughout the city have been tasked with crafting weapons and armour, which has led to the price of metal for personal citizens skyrocketing

Livestock: The livestock which was kept in farms outside of the city grounds has been decimated almost to a beast. This, combined with the lack of imports has had a major impact on food prices.

Exports

The usual exports from Andaris are:
Books, corn, wheat, salt, pumpkin, medicines, cheese, and cattle.

In post-war Andaris, exports have ground almost to a halt.

Impact

The impact for the citizens of Andaris is as follows:

Food Food prices have skyrocketed. The damage done to the farms, crops and livestock in and around Andaris are such that food is at an all-time low. Grain stores have been destroyed and there is a very real concern, especially early on in the season. However, as the season progresses and imports start returning to the city and the region, this alleviates.

Medicines: Especially in the trials following the battle, medicines are at a premium. This impacts prices and availability for the citizens of Rynmere, but again this starts to settle as the season progresses.

Wood, Metal, Stone etc: If you've got it, your city needs it! Buying these is almost impossible for the first half of the season and, even at the end of season they are rare and prices are inflated.
There's a Mer down by the docks who is singing at night. Now I'm not saying nothing about nothing, but three sailors have drowned in the last ten trials. I reckon it's one of them Siren-things, you know?
Now look, I know how it sounds but there's a gang of cats been patrolling the streets at night and I've heard tell that they're not really cats at all.
Velijorn isn't dead you know. I heard that he transformed into a dragon and he and Zvezdana Venora flew out of there together. They'll be back and they'll be stronger this time too.
Rumours from Ye Olde Inn
I heard tell that there's a fella going around killing horses. Reckon that he's got some ulterior motive, but don't know what it could be.
It can't be true can it? They say that the King posed as a slave and slaughtered Velijorn himself.
House Venora and House Burhan are plotting something together. Because of the shame of Zvezdana and Velijorn, I heard that they've got a different plot to overthrow the throne. Something about an arranged marriage and becoming a republic, do you think they might?

Name: Rumour.
word count: 2752
Kingdom
Prophet of Old
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Zi'da Seasonal Events 716

Trial 1-19

The snow flurries of late Vhalar remain en force, beautiful perfect snowflakes falling periodically throughout day and night, leaving a feather-light dusting of snow sparkling all over. It is cold but not unbearably so. Coats and scarves are welcome, as are mugs of tea and cider. People take to strolling outside to enjoy the beautiful weather.

20-25

The snow falters and the temperature rises from cold to merely cool. What little snow there was melts, leaving the ground, especially the piles of Vhalar leaves, soggy and sodden. People can see their breath in the air but all-in-all it's quite nice out for winter. Coats are still needed, though one could probably get away with wearing only a jacket.

26-28

Thankfully the crops have all been gathered in time for the first serious winter frost. People are busy cutting back vines and fruit trees in Venora, and the frost leaves the grass and trees iced with crystal patterns of white. The ground, especially cobblestones, are quite slippery, and there are a number of falls ranging from serious to amusing. In the cities people tend to walk arm-in-arm to better keep their balance. From this point in time on, the frost becomes a winter staple, never abating for long.

29-37

Snow begins to fall in earnest, and people make sure their houses are secure from drafts, covering their windows and keeping fires running hot. Andaris and Venora receive a few inches of snow each, enough for children to play in though not an overwhelming amount; Warrick is still relatively green but chilly with wind, getting more rain than snow, the rain washing away any glimmer of soft white powder; Burhan, Endor, Gawyne, and Krome are blanketed overnight, each receiving easily half a foot of snow. Children in the latter regions have a heyday and adults (especially the military and guards) are pelted with unwanted snowballs. Krome especially embraces winter, the region overlaid with a thick wet fog that seems unlikely to lift until spring. The entire northern coastline becomes almost too dangerous with bouts of fog for ships to find their way.

38-54

The snow relents in the southern regions and endures in the northern. Gawyne becomes, as is customary, impassable by land mount, and so travel is limited to those dumb enough to risk sailing or smart enough to go by air. The rest of the northern regions are open to travel but most of the citizens of Rynmere prefer to stay in the safe south. People flock to Warrick with some vacationers bleeding over to Venora and Andaris. Warrick has easily the best weather as the snow has yet to have taken a foothold and the sun, even if weakly, continues to shine; over Venora and Andaris the sky is a perpetual cloudy grey.

55-58

The first bad winter storm hits and almost nowhere in Rynmere is safe. Most of the regions (save for Warrick) experience a three-day white-out blizzard, temperatures drop everywhere, and it's considered unsafe to go outside for long, especially alone. People tend to stay in larger groups, led around by guards to keep anyone from falling to Zi'da's deadly grasp. Hospitals experience a rise in colds, flu, hypothermia, and frostbite. The taverns and inns are full of foreigners and beggars looking for a warm place to stay. Despite this, the people seem cheerful. This weather is what's expected of Idalos as Cylus creeps steadily nearer.

59-63

After the storm, for a trial or so the temperature rises enough to melt some of the snow... then abruptly decreases again, leaving everything encrusted in thick ice. Still, those Skyriders brave enough to take the risk begin to make the hard, slow winter's journey towards Sunset Isle, where the jacadon's Great Climb is about to take place. Even by volareon, travel is hard as the frigid upper winds make frostbite a serious threat to Skyriders and mounts alike.

64-93

Cylus is nearing and by this time only those who wish to tempt fate are not bundling up in heavy layers to keep out the chill. Very few people risk inter-region travel, especially now with Lake Krome beginning to freeze over, cutting off the river routes to Burhan. The seas are rough and the island is met with a momentary lull in trade due to the weather. Many women show the first signs of pregnancy thanks to early-winter cuddles. Children and cold weather enthusiasts are for the most part undeterred, and winter sports like sledding, snowshoeing, and ice-skating are popular during this time before Cylus can put a stop to all the merriment. In general there is plenty of snow throughout the regions, even a dusting in Warrick, but there is not a threatening amount, and while it is cold it's not so cold as to deter people to go outside, even if only for a few breaks at a time.
Seasonal Events
1 Zi'da:
As the rebuilding of Lowtown seems to be completed, citizens who live in that area of the city take advantage of the beautiful early season weather and have snow-street-party. Streets throughout Lowtown celebrate with neighbours coming together to share warm cups of cider and hot yet simple food.

8 Zi'da:
The horse shortage across the country continues. The Iron Hand is still paying two times the purchase price for stock bought before Saun. (+10 fame, PM Kingdom).

13 Zi'da: Moderated
The Fighting Arena re-opens and an enormous turn-out attends the grand opening ceremony. It is hailed as the ‘trial of vengeance’ as literally hundreds of former Qe’dreki are slaughtered in the gladiatorial games. ‘Gladiator for a Trial’ the poster reads. For the brave, signups are open for the common man to face off against an unarmed rebel for the low price of 10 gold.

18 Zi'da:
A spate of burglaries are committed in mid-town. Twelves houses over three nights find themselves victims of petty theft and vandalism. Aside from being in the same street, the robberies appear to be the result of random opportunity.

21 Zi'da:
The Empress, Emerson Sands, visits a number of small local charities around the capital. She is interested in making sure government funds are being spent on the right things rather than lining the pockets of crooked individuals.

27 Zi'da:
Groups of ten sign up for the regatta that takes place later in the season. They are given a boat shed to work in and have until the 67th to build a longboat, which teams will then attempt to sail across the Eastern Trench from Andaris to Welles. High cash prizes for first, second and third place teams.

30 Zi'da:
Following a particularly lavish party amongst a group of young nobles, which lasted for two trials, there is a minor uprising in Midtown with people demanding that the noble families of Rynmere give back to the common citizen. The idea takes hold and, whilst the guards quickly deal with the uprising, there are continued whispers of discontent.

35 Zi'da:
Overnight, a number of the houses and businesses of nobles throughout Rynmere (including the Villages) are vandalised. No one is hurt but walls are painted, windows broken and property damaged. There is a growing feeling of unrest.

43 Zi'da:
As tensions continue to rise, the guards are stretched to their limits throughout all of Rynmere as nobles are targeted in attacks. The cry from the “Rynmere Citizens Alliance” is that nobles are decadent, a drain on resources and with a few exceptions, largely absent in times of strife. Tensions are high.

50 Zi'da:
In honour of Krome, Patron Saint of Death there is a festival of lanterns to honour the passing of anyone who died in the last arc. As the cycle comes to an end children make lanterns in schools from paper, flour and water and hold them aloft with sticks. Some families make the same shapes and patterns each year to honour their own dead and the parade progresses slowly through the central streets. The parade starts at sunset and typically takes two breaks. The Iron Hand are put under pressure to maintain peace during the event. Due to the rebellion an extraordinary amount of lanterns are made and then released into the night.

59 Zi'da: Moderated
An air show planned for the afternoon of the 59th is called off after all of the Jacadon in the city fall deadly silent that morning. The people of Lowtown are usually awoken by the animals screeches and morning calls to one another from the barracks, so when nothing but the rooster sings this morning, they become concerned. By mid-afternoon it becomes clear what the trouble is as Scorn is seen flying over the city. The giant dragon lands near the Royal Glen and it appears that he is limping.

67 Zi'da:
The regatta race starts. Teams get their longboats down into the water and the Emperor, David Krome, is there to wave the starting flag. The event finishes two days later where a ceremony is held for the winners, and all those who partook in the events are fed and welcome to join the celebrations.

71 Zi'da:
The horse shortage is finally over with a shipment of desert horses arriving from Nashaki. These horses are beautiful, flighty, and light on their feet. Merchants bid high to buy up the best stock for their farms and businesses.

87 Zi'da:
Emerson Sands addresses the people of Rynmere, informing them that she has set up a ‘King’s Trust’ which awards money to small charities around the city. The first being the city’s Orphanage, urging people to adopt after devastating toll the civil war had on the country’s population, leaving many children without their parents.

90 Zi'da: Moderated
A Midwinter-Masquerade-Ball is hosted by the City Hall in The Crown. Any Ryn who wishes to attend is welcome free of charge. There are spot prizes for best mask, dress, couple, hair, and dance. Guests are also given free wine, and an assortment of light snack foods to nibble on.

93 Zi'da:
In preparation for 'the long night' of Cylus, the monks of Rynmere hand out rations to the poor in Lowtown, play music, and sing for the crowds. One of the monks, a blind old man, has his gold ring stolen while giving out sacks of flour, and offers a small reward for its return.
Rynmere Fashion
Popular this season: opera gloves and hats for women, leather for men, and olive green.

Color:Olive

After Saun's yellow and Vhalar's burgundy, Zi'da's fashionable colour is olive green, perhaps as a hat-tip to Warrick's leafy holdout against the cold; year-by-year the region has acted as a popular, reliable vacationing spot in the winter for those who can afford to take a bit of time away from home.

Women this season can be seen indulging in the favoured colour as usual, though some people --especially men-- seem to have daringly decided to mix it up, and compose outfits containing a combination of the last few seasons' most popular colours. This scheme, burgundy-yellow-olive, seems to compliment itself very well.

Image Image

Opera Gloves

Due to a rise in popularity of the theatre, women have adopted opera gloves as a new trend. The rich tend to desire these elbow-length gloves in expensive fabrics like velvet or leather; not to be outdone, middle and lower class women have taken to making knit gloves of the same type to show off their fashion prowess.

Image Image

Hats

This season's trends seem to be showing some practically in face of the cold weather, as of gloves... and hats. In Zi'da, the hat-and-dress combo will become quite popular, with some women going all-out on elaborate, fancy hats to demonstrate their winter cheer.

Image Image

Leather

Lastly, due to increased prices of leather in Vhalar, men's leather jackets have become a stand-out example of flaunting money. Because of the cold, these sportsman-like jackets tend to also show off a bit of fur, to keep the wearer nice and warm in spite of the snow.

Rynmere Economy
Changes this season: Zi’da 716.
Population Stabilises: Total population remains relatively stable, rising to 19.4 million.

Imports

Slaves: Slaves flooded the marked last season, which means that there are relatively few imported this season. Choice is limited, but supply is good.

Leather: Leather importing returns to normal. By the end of Zi’da, leather prices are once again stable.

Sugar: Sugar was double the price last season; this season it is importing again but remains slightly inflated in price.

Stone: With the walls rebuilt, stone imports are starting to flood in again and construction workers across Rynmere breathe a sigh of relief.

Metal: Has returned to normal and is now stable.

Livestock: Livestock has had to be replaced, in some cases the entire flock / herd. Numbers have increased but it will take another few seasons before prices and supply return to normal.

Exports

Exports have increased and are, this season, roughly 50% of the usual.

Impact

Food Food prices are slightly higher than usual.

Medicines: Supply and costs have returned to normal

Wood, Metal, Stone etc: Supply and costs remain impacted, although now by significantly less.
Did you know them high-born bastards in The Crown have the ability to flood Lowtown? There's a reason they call it Water Street.
I hear Emerson Sands has made a play for power. I wouldn't be surprised if we never see the king again. Trade negotiations, yeah right.
I heard that the nobles who live in the city have a secret bunker below ground built, just in case there's another attack.
Rumours from Ye Olde Inn
That play last season? My wife's one of the make up artists and she says that Tristan Venora don't know his ass from his elbow.
At the end of Zi'da, there's a dancing troupe coming to Andaris and they say that the dancers are all children of Immortals.
I hear Peake Andaris left the Ourobous Guard to chase his dreams of becoming a hairdresser.

A Ward: I'm telling you the queen is alive, I saw her just the other day in the market place buying bread. Sure her hair was a mess, and she looked as if she could do with a bath, but it was Queen Freya, I know it!.
A Ward: Those girls are cursed, all of them including the Empress. You must never look them in the eye or you will fall under their spell too. I worry that the king is not really away dealing with trade negotiations.
A Ward: I saw Haakon's Door in the Wise Wood. I bet it's still there.
A Ward: The Salty Grape sells a special drug called Star Fire. Tell them Ferzor sent you, and you might get it for a special price.
word count: 2852
Kingdom
Prophet of Old
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

[Rynmere] Event Archive

Trial 1-19

The snow flurries of late Vhalar remain en force, beautiful perfect snowflakes falling periodically throughout day and night, leaving a feather-light dusting of snow sparkling all over. It is cold but not unbearably so. Coats and scarves are welcome, as are mugs of tea and cider. People take to strolling outside to enjoy the beautiful weather.

20-25

The snow falters and the temperature rises from cold to merely cool. What little snow there was melts, leaving the ground, especially the piles of Vhalar leaves, soggy and sodden. People can see their breath in the air but all-in-all it's quite nice out for winter. Coats are still needed, though one could probably get away with wearing only a jacket.

26-28

Thankfully the crops have all been gathered in time for the first serious winter frost. People are busy cutting back vines and fruit trees in Venora, and the frost leaves the grass and trees iced with crystal patterns of white. The ground, especially cobblestones, are quite slippery, and there are a number of falls ranging from serious to amusing. In the cities people tend to walk arm-in-arm to better keep their balance. From this point in time on, the frost becomes a winter staple, never abating for long.

29-37

Snow begins to fall in earnest, and people make sure their houses are secure from drafts, covering their windows and keeping fires running hot. Andaris and Venora receive a few inches of snow each, enough for children to play in though not an overwhelming amount; Warrick is still relatively green but chilly with wind, getting more rain than snow, the rain washing away any glimmer of soft white powder; Burhan, Endor, Gawyne, and Krome are blanketed overnight, each receiving easily half a foot of snow. Children in the latter regions have a heyday and adults (especially the military and guards) are pelted with unwanted snowballs. Krome especially embraces winter, the region overlaid with a thick wet fog that seems unlikely to lift until spring. The entire northern coastline becomes almost too dangerous with bouts of fog for ships to find their way.

38-54

The snow relents in the southern regions and endures in the northern. Gawyne becomes, as is customary, impassable by land mount, and so travel is limited to those dumb enough to risk sailing or smart enough to go by air. The rest of the northern regions are open to travel but most of the citizens of Rynmere prefer to stay in the safe south. People flock to Warrick with some vacationers bleeding over to Venora and Andaris. Warrick has easily the best weather as the snow has yet to have taken a foothold and the sun, even if weakly, continues to shine; over Venora and Andaris the sky is a perpetual cloudy grey.

55-58

The first bad winter storm hits and almost nowhere in Rynmere is safe. Most of the regions (save for Warrick) experience a three-day white-out blizzard, temperatures drop everywhere, and it's considered unsafe to go outside for long, especially alone. People tend to stay in larger groups, led around by guards to keep anyone from falling to Zi'da's deadly grasp. Hospitals experience a rise in colds, flu, hypothermia, and frostbite. The taverns and inns are full of foreigners and beggars looking for a warm place to stay. Despite this, the people seem cheerful. This weather is what's expected of Idalos as Cylus creeps steadily nearer.

59-63

After the storm, for a trial or so the temperature rises enough to melt some of the snow... then abruptly decreases again, leaving everything encrusted in thick ice. Still, those Skyriders brave enough to take the risk begin to make the hard, slow winter's journey towards Sunset Isle, where the jacadon's Great Climb is about to take place. Even by volareon, travel is hard as the frigid upper winds make frostbite a serious threat to Skyriders and mounts alike.

64-93

Cylus is nearing and by this time only those who wish to tempt fate are not bundling up in heavy layers to keep out the chill. Very few people risk inter-region travel, especially now with Lake Krome beginning to freeze over, cutting off the river routes to Burhan. The seas are rough and the island is met with a momentary lull in trade due to the weather. Many women show the first signs of pregnancy thanks to early-winter cuddles. Children and cold weather enthusiasts are for the most part undeterred, and winter sports like sledding, snowshoeing, and ice-skating are popular during this time before Cylus can put a stop to all the merriment. In general there is plenty of snow throughout the regions, even a dusting in Warrick, but there is not a threatening amount, and while it is cold it's not so cold as to deter people to go outside, even if only for a few breaks at a time.
Seasonal Events
1 Zi'da:
As the rebuilding of Lowtown seems to be completed, citizens who live in that area of the city take advantage of the beautiful early season weather and have snow-street-party. Streets throughout Lowtown celebrate with neighbours coming together to share warm cups of cider and hot yet simple food.

8 Zi'da:
The horse shortage across the country continues. The Iron Hand is still paying two times the purchase price for stock bought before Saun. (+10 fame, PM Kingdom).

13 Zi'da: Moderated
The Fighting Arena re-opens and an enormous turn-out attends the grand opening ceremony. It is hailed as the ‘trial of vengeance’ as literally hundreds of former Qe’dreki are slaughtered in the gladiatorial games. ‘Gladiator for a Trial’ the poster reads. For the brave, signups are open for the common man to face off against an unarmed rebel for the low price of 10 gold.

18 Zi'da:
A spate of burglaries are committed in mid-town. Twelves houses over three nights find themselves victims of petty theft and vandalism. Aside from being in the same street, the robberies appear to be the result of random opportunity.

21 Zi'da:
The Empress, Emerson Sands, visits a number of small local charities around the capital. She is interested in making sure government funds are being spent on the right things rather than lining the pockets of crooked individuals.

27 Zi'da:
Groups of ten sign up for the regatta that takes place later in the season. They are given a boat shed to work in and have until the 67th to build a longboat, which teams will then attempt to sail across the Eastern Trench from Andaris to Welles. High cash prizes for first, second and third place teams.

30 Zi'da:
Following a particularly lavish party amongst a group of young nobles, which lasted for two trials, there is a minor uprising in Midtown with people demanding that the noble families of Rynmere give back to the common citizen. The idea takes hold and, whilst the guards quickly deal with the uprising, there are continued whispers of discontent.

35 Zi'da:
Overnight, a number of the houses and businesses of nobles throughout Rynmere (including the Villages) are vandalised. No one is hurt but walls are painted, windows broken and property damaged. There is a growing feeling of unrest.

43 Zi'da:
As tensions continue to rise, the guards are stretched to their limits throughout all of Rynmere as nobles are targeted in attacks. The cry from the “Rynmere Citizens Alliance” is that nobles are decadent, a drain on resources and with a few exceptions, largely absent in times of strife. Tensions are high.

50 Zi'da:
In honour of Krome, Patron Saint of Death there is a festival of lanterns to honour the passing of anyone who died in the last arc. As the cycle comes to an end children make lanterns in schools from paper, flour and water and hold them aloft with sticks. Some families make the same shapes and patterns each year to honour their own dead and the parade progresses slowly through the central streets. The parade starts at sunset and typically takes two breaks. The Iron Hand are put under pressure to maintain peace during the event. Due to the rebellion an extraordinary amount of lanterns are made and then released into the night.

59 Zi'da: Moderated
An air show planned for the afternoon of the 59th is called off after all of the Jacadon in the city fall deadly silent that morning. The people of Lowtown are usually awoken by the animals screeches and morning calls to one another from the barracks, so when nothing but the rooster sings this morning, they become concerned. By mid-afternoon it becomes clear what the trouble is as Scorn is seen flying over the city. The giant dragon lands near the Royal Glen and it appears that he is limping.

67 Zi'da:
The regatta race starts. Teams get their longboats down into the water and the Emperor, David Krome, is there to wave the starting flag. The event finishes two days later where a ceremony is held for the winners, and all those who partook in the events are fed and welcome to join the celebrations.

71 Zi'da:
The horse shortage is finally over with a shipment of desert horses arriving from Nashaki. These horses are beautiful, flighty, and light on their feet. Merchants bid high to buy up the best stock for their farms and businesses.

87 Zi'da:
Emerson Sands addresses the people of Rynmere, informing them that she has set up a ‘King’s Trust’ which awards money to small charities around the city. The first being the city’s Orphanage, urging people to adopt after devastating toll the civil war had on the country’s population, leaving many children without their parents.

90 Zi'da: Moderated
A Midwinter-Masquerade-Ball is hosted by the City Hall in The Crown. Any Ryn who wishes to attend is welcome free of charge. There are spot prizes for best mask, dress, couple, hair, and dance. Guests are also given free wine, and an assortment of light snack foods to nibble on.

93 Zi'da:
In preparation for 'the long night' of Cylus, the monks of Rynmere hand out rations to the poor in Lowtown, play music, and sing for the crowds. One of the monks, a blind old man, has his gold ring stolen while giving out sacks of flour, and offers a small reward for its return.
Rynmere Fashion
Popular this season: opera gloves and hats for women, leather for men, and olive green.

Color:Olive

After Saun's yellow and Vhalar's burgundy, Zi'da's fashionable colour is olive green, perhaps as a hat-tip to Warrick's leafy holdout against the cold; year-by-year the region has acted as a popular, reliable vacationing spot in the winter for those who can afford to take a bit of time away from home.

Women this season can be seen indulging in the favoured colour as usual, though some people --especially men-- seem to have daringly decided to mix it up, and compose outfits containing a combination of the last few seasons' most popular colours. This scheme, burgundy-yellow-olive, seems to compliment itself very well.

Image Image

Opera Gloves

Due to a rise in popularity of the theatre, women have adopted opera gloves as a new trend. The rich tend to desire these elbow-length gloves in expensive fabrics like velvet or leather; not to be outdone, middle and lower class women have taken to making knit gloves of the same type to show off their fashion prowess.

Image Image

Hats

This season's trends seem to be showing some practically in face of the cold weather, as of gloves... and hats. In Zi'da, the hat-and-dress combo will become quite popular, with some women going all-out on elaborate, fancy hats to demonstrate their winter cheer.

Image Image

Leather

Lastly, due to increased prices of leather in Vhalar, men's leather jackets have become a stand-out example of flaunting money. Because of the cold, these sportsman-like jackets tend to also show off a bit of fur, to keep the wearer nice and warm in spite of the snow.

Rynmere Economy
Changes this season: Zi’da 716.
Population Stabilises: Total population remains relatively stable, rising to 19.4 million.

Imports

Slaves: Slaves flooded the marked last season, which means that there are relatively few imported this season. Choice is limited, but supply is good.

Leather: Leather importing returns to normal. By the end of Zi’da, leather prices are once again stable.

Sugar: Sugar was double the price last season; this season it is importing again but remains slightly inflated in price.

Stone: With the walls rebuilt, stone imports are starting to flood in again and construction workers across Rynmere breathe a sigh of relief.

Livestock: Livestock has had to be replaced, in some cases the entire flock / herd. Numbers have increased but it will take another few seasons before prices and supply return to normal.

Exports

Exports have increased and are, this season, roughly 50% of the usual.

Impact

Medicines: Supply and costs have returned to normal

Wood, Metal, Stone etc: Supply and costs remain impacted, although now by significantly less.
Did you know them high-born bastards in The Crown have the ability to flood Lowtown? There's a reason they call it Water Street.
I hear Emerson Sands has made a play for power. I wouldn't be surprised if we never see the king again. Trade negotiations, yeah right.
I heard that the nobles who live in the city have a secret bunker below ground built, just in case there's another attack.
Rumours from Ye Olde Inn
That play last season? My wife's one of the make up artists and she says that Tristan Venora don't know his ass from his elbow.
At the end of Zi'da, there's a dancing troupe coming to Andaris and they say that the dancers are all children of Immortals.
I hear Peake Andaris left the Ourobous Guard to chase his dreams of becoming a hairdresser.

Name: Rumour.
word count: 2716
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Seasonal Events: Cylus 717

Cylus Seasonal Events 717

[color=#5e565b

Trials 1 -5[/color]]
Cylus comes in with a flurry of snow and sees most Ryns waking up to find their island under a blanket of snow.
This is espially true in Lowtown. The first few days of the season see the majority of Andaris covered in snow and locals commenting on the fact that, this arc, Cylus has come in with a bang. As darkness descends over Idalos, there is a feeling of concern that this Cylus, the early weather might be a sign of things to come.

[color=#5e565b

6 -10[/color]]
Heavy snows fall across Rynmere where the perpetual almost-night weather leaves a sense of being unnerved. Travel between regions of the island becomes next to impossible without a lot of planning and preparation. The temperatures drop even further and any livestock not properly cared for is likely to die. On the 9th, the snows are so heavy in Andaris that visibility is lessened to less than a foot.

[color=#5e565b

11 & 12[/color]]
A storm centres over Andaris, and lightning strikes the water and land for two trials. Sleep is almost impossible on the night of the 11th, as the thunder crashes every few trill and a number of buildings are damaged by the forked lightning. It pours with icy rain whilst the storm crashes overhead.
Whilst the storm rages over Andaris, the rest of the island of Rynmere experiences a break in the weather.

[color=#5e565b

13 - 15[/color]]
The storm clears and the skies are cloudless. However, it is still dark and the temperatures plummet even further. Throughout these three days, the western side of the is beset by a series of tornadoes. A relatively small tornado hits Andaris on the 14th, but causes minimal damage. Aside from these, the island experiences cold, crisp and clear weather during this time, though travel remains difficult as a sheet of ice forms over the fallen snow.

[color=#5e565b

16 - 20[/color]]
Light snow showers and clear spells mark these trials across Rynmere. The snow which falls is enough to keep the levels at approximately the same, but at least it does not add anything. Some travel between areas of the kingdom becomes possible because of this but only by those who are well skilled in such. A disadvantage of this almost-lull in the weather is that the clear nights mean that temperatures, especially at night time, are unbearably cold and stepping outside in anything but the heaviest furs is not a good idea at all.

[color=#5e565b

21 - 25[/color]]
No snow falls for these five trials and the skies are dark and cloudy. Temperatures raise slightly which leads to some surface snow melting and then freezing again at night as temperatures drop back down. This leads to very treacherous conditions throughout the kingdom which cause a lot of injuries and a number of fatalities. The constant almost-darkness is starting to feel never ending and one trial seems to bleed into another.

[color=#5e565b

25 - 30[/color]]
The final trials of the season see small flurries of snow and clear spells. The clear spells last for a few breaks, but the snow is never gone for long. The darkness continues but, as the season ends the moon which was blocking the sun light moves and daylight returns once more to Rynmere. Temperatures are still below freezing and lower at night.

[color=#0000ff

Player Note![/color]]
 ! Message from: Pegasus
Please take the weather into account in all your posts this season.
If you want to help out in Rynmere, consider writing the weather for next season, maybe?
If you have any questions about specific regions, or wish to explore anything mentioned here, then please PM a Rynmere mod.
Enjoy the season!
Seasonal Events
1 Cylus:
Amidst the tension from last season, the guards are stretched to their limits throughout all of Rynmere as nobles are targeted in attacks. The cry from the “Rynmere Citizens Alliance” is that nobles are decadent, a drain on resources and with a few exceptions, largely absent in times of strife. Tensions are high.

8 Cylus:
The Ryn monks hold a three-day vigil in the name of peace. A flame is kept alight outside each of the monasteries with a lone monk tending to it. In Andaris, people spontaneously rally to this monk and there is always another citizen, sometimes two or three with them. Gifts of food are brought and warm clothing also.

12 Cylus:
A surprisingly small haul of fish causes the price of fish to increase by 30%. The poorer members of society quickly grow bored of the unappetising dish they are forced to eat in the interim.

13 Cylus: Moderated
The winter masquerade ball which was cancelled last season due to the unrest with the nobles of Andaris takes place on the 13th. There are rumours that King Cassander himself, newly returned from his travels, will attend. Surely not?

16 Cylus:
Andaris and the University of Rynmere finally decide to partake in the exploration of Scalvoris with the Viden Academy. Announcements go out around the city, offering citizens young and old the chance to travel to Viden and/or Scalvoris.

18 Cylus:
The "Rynmere Citizens Alliance" claim to be responsible for an attack on all businesses owned or part owned by a noble on the night of the 18th. All businesses are affected with vandalism, destruction of property and small fires set.

21 Cylus:
Alert levels in the city continue to rise as the anti-noble feeling begins to reach a crescendo. In Lowtown on the 21st, a riot breaks out and the guard take control. Citizens speak out openly against the heavy-handed nature of how the guard handle things.

23 Cylus:
The Whiskey Distilleries from across the nation open their doors for a free tasting day and short "Masterclass" in the distilling process. All events are successful except in Andaris, where the sheer number of visitors, and alcohol drank, causes a number of unruly citizens to brawl.

26 Cylus: With the continued poor hauls of fish, Andaris decides to use the newly established Rupturers to create a portal with Scalvoris and Viden, where fish is literally thrown through to them, and money the other way.

27 Cylus:
A group of monks are attacked outside the temple by masked individuals. One monk dies and another is seriously injured. There is immediate and widespread outcry against this attack and concern grows. Who are this new group who seem intent on violence?

30 Cylus:
The last trial of Cylus sees an impromptu celebration breaking out in the streets of Lowtown which spills into Midtown. It has been a difficult season and, for one trial at least, people celebrate the return of light.
Rynmere Fashion
Popular this season: full dresses and red fur stoles for women, formal tweed suits for men, and white.

Color:White

The colour for Cylus is white, almost as though the people of Rynmere are trying to blend in with the snow around them. However, this is not to suggest that the fashionable of Rynmere wear all white, it is usually enhanced by a splash of colour, such as the red stole which has made a real impact. Also, the Mens' fashion is for very formal tweed suits, with a crisp white shirt and a well placed 'kerchief and for women the full and elaborate dress is an absolute must.

Full Dresses

Floor length, full sleeves and a tight waist are the order of the season in Andaris. Some of the dresses on display are plain white, yet others accentuate the red of the must-have accessory of the season. Either way, white is the colour and the fabric must be the best that one can afford.

Image Image

Stoles

This season's trends continues to illustrate practically in face of the cold weather, with the warmth of a fur stole to keep away the freezing weather. However, practicality only goes so far and a number of women can be seen sporting stoles which are statement-making rather than functional.

Tweed

Finally, in order to ensure that the men are not outdone in terms of fashion and formality, full and formal suits have become all the rage. The more formal, the better. Small touches are important and, this season more than any other, one can judge a man by the length of his cuff or the sharpness of the crease in his trousers.

Rynmere Economy
Changes this season: Cylus 716.
Population Stabilises: Total population remains relatively stable, remaining at 19.4 million.

Imports

Slaves: Slaves flooded the market for the last two seasons, which means that there are relatively few imported this season. Choice is limited, but supply is good.

Leather: Leather importing remains normal.

Sugar: Sugar finally returns to normal price.

Stone: Stone prices are slightly inflated.

Exports

Exports have increased and are, this season, roughly 70% of the usual for this season. Economists are hopeful that this will be the last season where exports are down, but are not willing to say for sure.

Impact

Medicines: Supply and costs remain

Wood, Metal, Stone etc: Supply and cost have returned to normal.
word count: 1595
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Bumblebee
Prophet of Old
Race: Human
Profession: Desnind Mod
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Templates

Contribution

Staff

[Rynmere] Event Archive

Ashan Seasonal Events 717

[color=#5e565b

1-12[/color]]

The sun finally makes an appearance after the dark of Cylus, but grey clouds and scattered snow fall still keep the days rigidly cold. Citizens are advised to bundle up and most opt to stay indoors next to a warm fire. Members of the Iron Hand report that frost is collecting in beards and on armor. Beggars or those without shelter are susceptible to frost bite.

[color=#5e565b

13-28[/color]]

The air feels slightly warmer and the icy winds have settled. Snow still falls, but being outdoors has become much easier to endure with proper clothing. The flurries are light and dust the cities with a white powder. Last minute sledders are quick to take advantage and warmer weather is on the horizon.

[color=#5e565b

29-52[/color]]

Citizens get their first taste of indecisive rain, but unfortunately it is cold and wet. The streets are filled with dirty slushies and the icy snow fall will soak the few caught outside. Farmers are hoping this will be the last bit of frost and hope to prepare their crops for later this season.

[color=#5e565b

53-65[/color]]
So many clouds! Luckily, the weather has warmed up enough to allow citizens to enjoy it with a nice sweater and a good pair of shoes. Despite strong winds, the city seems to liven up and great splashes of grey cumulus clouds wash over the skies with streaks of sunlight illuminating them.

[color=#5e565b

66-77[/color]]
The heavy clouds that had been plaguing the city have begun to spill, and as a result the territories are covered in torrential downpour, making outdoor activities most unpleasant. Mud and bits of silt flow from the hills, but otherwise cleanse the streets (especially Lowtown) of basin contents and sludge.

[color=#5e565b

78-81[/color]]

Far from the ideal warmth but still relieving, the clouds disperse and reveal what everyone's been waiting for - The sun. Spring weather and gentle breeze permeate the air and the first signs of bloom are in order. Trees begin to sprout leaves and the sounds of animals can be heard as more wake up from hibernation.

[color=#5e565b

82-98[/color]]
Fluffy white clouds and a bright sun greet citizens as the rain finally clears and temperatures begin to rise. Those outdoors are able to enjoy the days with light jackets, and for some - none at all.

[color=#5e565b

99-104[/color]]
People are reminded once again that Ashan brings rain, and Ilaren's electricity illuminates the sky with bright flashes of lightening, and loud thunder rumbles and roars. Temperatures are otherwise pleasant and easy to endure.

[color=#5e565b

105-123[/color]]
All the rain of the season has caused small floods to occur in various cities. Duchies who specialize in agriculture have a slight immunity to this, since their irritation systems have distributed the water more evenly across their lands, but leaky roofs are still a problem. Winds are steady and good clothing is advised.

[color=#0000ff

Player Note![/color]]
 ! Message from: Pegasus
Please take the weather into account in all your posts this season.
If you want to help out in Rynmere, consider writing the weather for next season, maybe?
If you have any questions about specific regions, or wish to explore anything mentioned here, then please PM a Rynmere mod.
Enjoy the season!
Seasonal Events
3rd:
Individuals gather at the foot of Nora's Rest to celebrate Nora's Birthday, and the first queen of Rynmere. The Empress and high ranking Ryn monks are expected to attend, as well as the city guard.

5th:
The 'Rynmere Citizens Alliance' continue to grow in popularity. On the 5th, the people of Lowtown join in a vigil to commemorate those who have died. The RCA give out food during this vigil, there are calls for the obliteration of the Rynmere Tax for those in poorer wage brackets and better health care for the poor. Civil unrest is looking more and more likely.

13th:
With the cold rain comes a sickness that spreads throughout the streets of Krome, reaching all duchies by the 17th. Symptoms vary in severity but include a runny nose, sore throat, muscle aches and fatigue. Fever and delirium are more common in bigger cities and have begun to worry medics.

15th:
A classy wine tasting and auction is held at the Andaris Gala and Winery, however, given the tense anti-noble relations only a select few are given entrance. All weapons are to be left at the doors.

18th:
A merchant in Venora is seeking the aid of artists to capture the essence of beauty that is his daughter for her upcoming birthday. More than one party has been hired, but all have quit. Is there not anyone that can capture her form in canvas or clay?

19th:
Andráska Venora holds a fundraiser at Venora's orphanage, The Little Garden, and invites all to attend. There will be music, food, and games, which will allow plenty of people to meet and greet the children in hopes to encourage adoption.

22nd:
What was thought to be a common cold has turned into a nasty virus. Many are reporting violent bouts of throwing up, and throats are so irritated from coughing and bile, blood is being spotted in handkerchiefs. There have been three reported deaths, two elderly and one child. Unfortunately, more are expected to occur, with many known medicinal practices failing and the sudden demand draining supplies.

23rd: Moderated
Cassander, King of Rynmere, calls a meeting of his Dukes to demand answers from them. What actions have been taken in response to the growing feeling of anti-nobility? Will the meeting be safe?

25th:
The Order of the Adunih, a faction of healers with international renown have finally finished negotiations and are welcomed into Andaris. Their building is small but well kept and a few healers are present there. There is some discomfort regarding this as the Rynmere tax pays for doctors to be given a stipend, amongst other things, and the free healing offered is seen as a threat to the status quo. The clinic quickly becomes overwhelmed with people and is inevitably full to capacity.

33rd:
With the sickness still prevailing, and some worsening every day, medics and herbalists are running low on supplies. Notices for retrieval of more ingredients are posted and offering up compensation to those willing. See bounty board. Moderated by request.

41st:
A disagreement between a member of the Iron Hand and a shopkeeper breaks out. Angry onlookers began to gather and attack the guard, who has no choice but to defend himself. Two individuals are seriously injured and the city grows restless. Tolerance and trust for the law is beginning to fail.

54th:
A group of bloodthirsty hunters armed to the teeth and with a pack of hunting dogs enter Krome woods, lead by a man with a horrid branding scar on his forehead. He is quick to remind his compatriots that they are seeking the woman with the wolf familiar.

59th:
Fortune tellers offer free personal readings in Gawyne and warn of a great danger brewing for the kingdom.

65th:
Emerson Sands, as the head of the Rynmere Monks, agrees to meet with a representative of the Rynmere Citizens Alliance. This meeting happens behind closed doors and not even the Dukes know what happened. In the trials that follow, people are more and more open about supporting the ideals of the RCA.

84th:
The First Hunt begins in Warrick, but takes place in all duchies. Hunters and volunteers are sent out into the wilderness and the majority are optimistic for a sizable haul.

100th:
A great bolt of lightening strikes and causes a fire to erupt in the city of Andaris in Midtown. A house ignites and those nearby rush to put out the flames.

105th:
Another meeting between Emerson Sands and the RCA brings the rumour that major changes to the structure of Rynmere nobility are afoot. There is talk about all sorts with some rumours being wildly unlikely, but one thing is sure: the RCA are gaining support on a trial by trial basis and soon, they might well be able to force the King's hand unless he is willing to risk civil war.
Rynmere Fashion
What's popular?

Color: Pastels

In a desperate attempt to warm the season up and push past the sickness plaguing the city, citizens have begun drawing their inspiration from nature - and the soft colors of spring have given them hope as they emerge through sprinkles of melting snow. Women have begun making dresses or overcoats, and men have adopted lightly colored vests or button ups. Taking less dye and natural resources than bolder colors, it has become a more affordable option for the lower class, and popular choices include: blues, greens, pinks, and yellows.

Surgical Masks

ImagePopular between either genders, this is a trend started from necessity and inspired by the masquerade. As the sick in the cities begin to worsen and violent bouts of hacking increase, these cloth masks become popular as a way to not spray blood onto the person closest to you. Not the most illustrious fashion statement, but a unique one none the less. Those with a more artistic touch have begun to paint or dye theirs as a hope to uplift the spirits of the children involved.

Feathers

Image Resulting from the masquerade ball within the last season, people have looked to the nobility and their companions for the latest fashion trends. As a result, gossips and trend setters seem to notice an out of place detail that has inspired interest. A bird sat perched at the side of supposed member of the Venora family, and most of the night was quite a striking accessories. As a result feathers of all types and colors, natural or otherwise are being implemented as accents to cloaks, hats, and for the richer - entire dresses.

Umbrellas

The rainy season has inspired every opportunist in town. Umbrellas are on the rise, and the more colorful or ridiculous the better! Some more creative lots are even making some in the shape of animals or food. Some shop keepers are even experimenting with different styles, and are working tirelessly to find the best waterproof materials they can.

Everyone seen with an interesting umbrella receives +3 fame.
Rynmere Society
Changes this season: Ashan 717
Population: Start of the season the population remains relatively stable at 19.4 million.

Please note: the below information is new and we would urge all players (especially noble family pc's) to read it carefully.

From the 1st Ashan 717, we will be tracking the "current reputation" of each noble family with both the "commoners" and other nobles. PLEASE NOTE: this is not the "long term / big picture" reputation / relationships / alliances between houses. Those are tracked in the Noble Houses in the "Power Behind the Throne" subforum.

This tracker is for the more short term "at the moment" reputation. Although, that said, consistent low or high ratings will impact there, also.

How do we determine this? Well, we don't. You, the players do. We would ask all players to start using the Impact Threads story tracker more. So, if you are a noble pc and you do a good deed, stick it in there. If you're a non-noble pc and you see / hear of something about the nobility - put it in.

For fairness, all noble houses will begin with the same current reputation. Reputation will be on a five point scale, as below:
Revered Positive Neutral Negative Loathed
We will also track economic impact, so giving money to the Rynmere Citizens' Alliance, for example, might increase popularity with the commoners, decrease it with the nobility and lessen the wealth of the family.

An example of the kind of things which might be seen is below. In this example, we've used two families, one of whom had active pc's, the others did not.

Andaris

ItemCommonersNobilityEconomic ImpactNotes
Starting ReputationNeutral Neutral Nil Cylus has been a quiet season for the Andaris family with very few of their members being seein in and around Rynmere.
Midwinter Ball Negative NeutralNil None of the Andaris family attended the ball, which was the very height of society!

Venora

Starting ReputationNeutralNegativeNil The Venoras are still very much recovering from the last few seasons where scandal after scandal seems to haunt them.
Saving the orphanage positive impactNone Minor negativeAlistair Venora helped to save the 'little garden' orphanage from a group of thugs. He offered to speak to Duchess Ebony and she has provided a regular stipend.
Midwinter Ball None Positive ImpactMinor positive Three of the Venora family were seen at the recent masked ball. This has helped increase business deals etc
Midwinter Ball None Negative ImpactNil Andraska's Introduction offended some of the more traditional nobility
Midwinter Ball Positve Impact Negative ImpactNilTristan Venora, badly disguised as the king, danced and kissed a serving girl.
Final Reputation NeutralNeutralNo Change
All Current Noble Houses Start At Negative Reputation with commoners, Neutral with other houses

Andaris

Starting ReputationNegative Neutral From Cylus 717

Venora

Warrick

Burhan

Krome

Gawyne

Endor

word count: 2242
Work Hard. Stay Bumble.
Jade
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Profession: Prophet
Renown: 0
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

[Rynmere] Event Archive

Ymiden Seasonal Events 717

[color=#0000ff

1 -5[/color]]
ImageThe first few trials of Ymiden see beautiful clear skies and warm weather; the season seems to be starting off in a very promising manner. Those few clouds in the sky a the cute and fluffy kind and the astronomy department in the University are very happy, as they are able to spend a lot of time stargazing. Temperatures are warm and it seems like winter is finally behind the inhabitants of Rynmere

[color=#0000ff

6 - 10[/color]]
ImageDuring these five trials the island is beset by a series of storms. Unusually, even Venora experiences these storms which are severe but brief, almost as though they are very angry, but just passing through. There is some damage to property and livestock during this time, and some lives are lost, especially in the more remote areas.

[color=#0000ff

11 - 15[/color]]
ImageFor these trials, Rynmere experiences a rise in temperatures worthy of Saun. The skies remain clear and the nights are balmly.

[color=#0000ff

16 - 25[/color]]
The residents of Rynmere get to have perfect summer weather for these trials and the latest fashions are seen in abundance as people spend more time outdoors.

[color=#0000ff

26 - 30[/color]]
These trials in Rynmere are fairly "typical" Ymiden weather. Usually, the sun is out and the sky is clear, there are a few wispy clouds but that's all. However, these bright and clear times are punctuated by sudden storms and the odd gust of gale-force or hurricane-force wind.

[color=#0000ff

31 - 50[/color]]
The temperatures stay pretty consistent during these trials and the skies remain largely cloudless throughout daylight and night time. It's hot, but not sweltering and it cools down in the evenings. The weather has been kind to farmers across Rynmere, and the harvest this arc is plentiful.

[color=#0000ff

51 - 65[/color]]
Temperatures continue to rise and Ryns are able to enjoy wonderfully hot days and only slightly cooler nights. Farmers are pleased, but there is a need to ensure that irrigation systems are in place and working well.

[color=#0000ff

66 - 70[/color]]
Some beautiful lightning storms hit the coastlines during these few trials, which leads to people setting up small camps on shorelines around Rynmere, with the aim of catching sight of one of these beautiful phenomena. Those who do say that it is beyond beautiful and even for those who don't, the weather is great and a number of impromptu parties break out.

[color=#2e3a90

71 - 83[/color]]
The end of Ymiden is the height of beautiful, temperate weather. The sun is bright, the skies are cloudless and the temperature is hot but not so hot that it becomes dangerous. That will happen, of course, as Saun comes in but for these trials the people of Rynmere experience some trials of truly lovely weather.
Seasonal Events
1stOn the first day of Ymiden (summer), the people of Rynmere honour The Sacred Seven, when the founders of Rynmere are celebrated for their discovery, loyalty, conquest, memory, justice, knowledge, and perseverance, but this is not a day of feasts, instead all Rynlists across the land who believe in the values of the Creed of Silence go without speaking or eating for the entire day in order to pay homage to their saints, Andaris, Venora, Warrick, Krome, Burhan, Endor, and Gawyne. Most businesses are closed on this day and people are free to stay home from school and work without fear of reprimand. On this day Andaris City and many of the regional outposts resemble a ghost town.
2ndAs the dawn of the 2nd Ymiden arises, town criers are heard up and down the cities, towns and villages of Rynmere. Notices go on notice boards and the information is given to all. Magic in all its forms has been outlawed in Rynmere. Later that trial King Cassander and his betrothed, Empress Emerson Sands, gives a passionate speech about the dangers of mages who have been allowed free rein for too long. Licensing requirements have obviously not worked and the recent attacks on himself, on the Iron Hand and on the innocent citizens of Rynmere for this. Those mages who were previously licensed and of good standing will be given clear and strict instructions and, save for those whose sacred duty requires them to learn it, magic will henceforth be restricted by Royal decree.
7thA group of devout followers of Rynlism flock to the temples in confusion and frustration. The longer the engagement between King Cassander and Empress Sands continues, the more the people are getting upset. Was she not a holy woman? Were men not permitted to so much as glance at her? They bang on the doors, outraged and feeling that the Holy Empress has abandoned her post in exchange for power and aim for a chance to confront her. They are met with silence as the monks lock themselves in their chambers, much to the betrayal of their followers.
13th The arena fights this season are well attended. It is obvious, however, that neither the King nor the Empress attends. Rumours fly about whether this is significant or not and whether it marks the beginning of a change for how Cassander deals with politics.
24th The unexpected arrival of three Hiladrith ships, The Drunk Lady, The Bronze Cutlass, and The Blackbird spark excitement in the market. The three ships come laden with exotic goods from all around Idalos. Nobles and commoners both throng the marketplace for days after to examine and buy items they've never seen before. The arena makes a few auspicious purchases of new dangerous animals for challenges, hoping to coax Cassander attendance. The captain of the Blackbird is reportedly offered an invitation by the King to have dinner, sending a shock of deep worry through the remaining loyal mages of Rynmere.
30th A jousting tournament is held in Andaris as a way to relieve the people of their fear. Knights, or anyone who feels they have the mettle, are expected to attend. Winners will receive a small consolation prize and a kiss from a fair maiden/fine gentlemen.
38th A group of five scholarly "inventors" from the University have a private meeting with the King. They speak to no one on their way in, or their way out, and are guarded well when they leave. Headed towards the city gates with survival gear strapped to their back, they return seven trials later with one less member in their midst.
50th A coalition of Licensed Mages attempt to smuggle out of Rynmere on a ship bound for Ne'haer, the Iron Hand surrounds the boat to take them into custody and a horrific battle breaks out, fires spread along the docks and into Andaris. Two former royal mages, Mayhew the Shield and Sayanna the Storm escape the confrontation and go into hiding, prompting a city wide hunt.The King offers a standing reward of 300 gold nels for any information leading to the capture of any renegade mages in Rynmere.
53rd The last of the fires are finally quelled and four mages are executed for their part in the destruction and death that followed. The execution is public and the Iron guard deploys double their usual contingent to keep the crowd contained. The Proudwater, a Burhan merchant ship, is washed up to the Rynmere shores. The ship is devoid of a single soul and all it was carrying, but shows signs of a struggle. Miraculously, the Captain's Log remains intact, citing a previously uncharted island and the coordinates of its location. The Burhan family offer a generous reward for those willing to gather a crew and explore the coordinates for their missing men and property.
66th A man was found tied up on the side of the road, runic markings carved into his skin and is now in critical condition. Healers are unsure they will be able to stabilize him in time, and whispers of cultists in the wilds begin to stir fear into those travelling outside the city walls.
77th Kaleb Venora's name day results in elaborate and fine party, inviting all noble sorts, although House Warrick is unexpected to attend due to recently tense relations. Food and drink overflow, and the party is boasted as the most beautiful party of the season - with all of Venora in full bloom and the family looking their finest.
83rdWith the last day of Ymiden, a number of Biqaj group up along the shore line of Andaris, and the gathering quickly grows in numbers, with food being cooked on open fires and mead being shared. One or two trading crews offer passage to Rharne in exchange for able bodied men and women to assist in manning the vessel.
How Rumours Work: If you have an interest in following up on a rumour, reply to this thread with a link to your own thread where your character goes looking for more information and you will receive a PM or a reply with a lead. If you aren't sure where to start, have your character go looking at the source (one of the taverns).

! Message from: Jade
Somethin' strange has been goin' on with one of the regulars, Corris Maneth. The guy's a chatter box, you couldn't pay him to shut his flappers— but since he's been back with that freaky tattoo on his face, the guy hasn't said a word.
I saw Rufus buying some rare wine from one of those Hiladrith ships. Wonder what it's gonna take to get a taste of that.
Rumours from Ye Olde Inn
Some kids discovered a bottle with a map and a note inside of it, down by the beach, past the docks. I wonder what they might turn up, I think they're still looking.
Rumours Discovered Through Bribing Guards
Drayas Warrick hasn't been seen since leaving Fort Warrick back in Zi'da, but most assume he's been out for "trade" purposes.
There's been guards seen with some hooded figures at night, exiting the Andaris Dungeons. Not sure about you, but that doesn't settle right with me. Best watch out for those folks.
The Lumber Mill has been experiencing some break ins, but nothing was taken. Liam Stockhouse swears it was a ghost messing up the place. Think that guy is just a bit messed up in the head, if you asked me.
I've been having to drag kids out of the Library at night. They've been saying something about a door in there but who knows what those brats are talking about. It's a Library!
How Bribes Work: There are ten secret rumours every season. Five of them are silly, non-important rumours that lead to nothing, three are handy, and two lead to big plots or treasure. To purchase a rumour send a PM to Jade with the rumour you would like, numbered between 1 and 10 (with 5gn already deducted on your ledger). If the rumour has already been taken, your character will be thrown in the dungeon for three nights for 'trying to bribe a city guard'. There is an option to escape jail time by paying an extra five gold nels to the guard.

Credit to Bumble Bee, Incubus, and Pegasus for helping to credit this season's calendar.
Rynmere Fashion
What's popular?

Color: Rainbow

Summer is here and now is the season to show how you combine colours! Fashion this season is not one colour, it's all of them! Whether that is achieved through mixing solid-colored single pieces or in multiple colors in one item, the sky's the limit!

Women's Fashion

Sweetheart necklines on strapless dresses with long, full and light skirts are the order of the trial amongst the Ryn fashionistas! For the less daring, thin straps on the dress or even a light lace top if necessary, but the very height of fashion sees clothing more or less defying gravity. The sun is out and women throughout Rynmere are topping up their tans in preparation for the forthcoming Royal Wedding.

Men's Fashion

Red shoes are the must-see item of clothing for the fashion conscious men of Rynmere this season! Bright red, often accentuated with a matching waistcoat or handkerchief, stepping out in these makes a fashion statement all of its own. Where this fashion craze stems from, no one knows but it takes hold and shoemakers up and down Rynmere are working day and night so that supply can meet demand! Get yours quickly!

Accessory

With the beginning of summer comes the chance to walk out and show off your unusually-groomed dog. Following news that the King himself likes dogs, everyone who is anyone has a cute dog of their own. Dog groomers are asked to shave and trim, snip and cut in order to ensure that each pooch is individual, and the more unusual the cut of the dog fur, the better.

Fabric

Lace is the fabric of the season and anyone who's anyone is wearing it! It works as a contrasting colour trim for those who can not afford to buy a whole new rainbow outfit, women cleverly drape different coloured lace around skirts and so on, all adding a splash of colour in this most sunny season! Lace, lace everywhere
Rynmere Society
Changes this season: Ymiden 717
Population: Start of the season the population has decreased following last season's illness at 18.6 million.

How do we determine this? Well, we don't. You, the players do. We would ask all players to start using the Impact Threads story tracker more. So, if you are a noble pc and you do a good deed, stick it in there. If you're a non-noble pc and you see / hear of something about the nobility - put it in.

For fairness, all noble houses will begin with the same current reputation. Reputation will be on a five point scale, as below:
Revered Positive Neutral Negative Loathed
We will also track economic impact, so giving money to the Rynmere Citizens' Alliance, for example, might increase popularity with the commoners, decrease it with the nobility and lessen the wealth of the family.

An example of the kind of things which might be seen is below. In this example, we've used two families, one of whom had active pc's, the others did not.

Andaris

Starting ReputationNeutral Neutral Nil Cylus has been a quiet season for the Andaris family with very few of their members being seein in and around Rynmere.
Midwinter Ball Negative NeutralNil None of the Andaris family attended the ball, which was the very height of society!

Venora

Starting ReputationNeutralNegativeNil The Venoras are still very much recovering from the last few seasons where scandal after scandal seems to haunt them.
Saving the orphanage positive impactNone Minor negativeAlistair Venora helped to save the 'little garden' orphanage from a group of thugs. He offered to speak to Duchess Ebony and she has provided a regular stipend.
Midwinter Ball None Positive ImpactMinor positive Three of the Venora family were seen at the recent masked ball. This has helped increase business deals etc
Midwinter Ball None Negative ImpactNil Andraska's Introduction offended some of the more traditional nobility
Midwinter Ball Positve Impact Negative ImpactNilTristan Venora, badly disguised as the king, danced and kissed a serving girl.
Final Reputation NeutralNeutralNo Change
All Current Noble Houses Start At Negative Reputation with commoners, Neutral with other houses

Andaris

Attack on Celeste Andaris ???Impact Thread X
Celeste Andaris helps the sick ??? Impact Thread X
Celeste Andaris adopts an orphaned child??? Impact Thread as above
Letter to the King and all Dukes ??? Nobility OOC X

Venora

Andraska joins the King's Guard ??? Impact Thread x

Warrick

Burhan

Elyna Burhan escapes captivity from the Alliance??Impact Thread X
Elyna Burhan gives birth to a baby boy??Impact Thread X

Krome

Malcolm Krome escapes captivity from Faction VII??Impact Thread X
Xander Krome helps the sick ??? Impact Thread X
Letter to the King and all Dukes ??? Nobility OOC X

Gawyne

Endor

word count: 2852
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”J.R.R. Tolkien
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Rynmere OOC Archives”