[Haven] The Clam Queen

A small island with an active volcano, Faldrass is the home to Saoire's school and to the Faldrass Induk.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Jackalope
Race: Human
Renown: 0
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

RP Medals

Events

Re: [Haven] The Clam Queen

]

Thread Comments: Aquaculture for the win!

There’s a lot going on in this thread and you two manage to handle the various subplots well: the economic emergence of Haven, the legal and political intricacies of Balthazar’s probation, Elisabeth’s burgeoning magic skills, the dynamics of Balthazar’s and Elisabeth’s relationship. It’s always impressive to watch all those plates spinning.

Also, the idea of farming a unique and potentially profitable resource sounds like a promising course.

Elisabeth

Experience: +15 xp

Knowledge:

Logistics - Solutions sometimes breed more problems
Logistics - Dividing tasks is helpful
Logistics - Planning a surprise dinner!
Leadership - Gaining respect of a group by showing respect
Leadership - Even those in leadership need encouragement
Leadership - How to take initiative
Leadership - Sometimes its good to look back on what you have already accomplished
Etiquette - Thanking someone for a gift
Fishing - Clam farming is a thing!
Fishing - Clam farming requires 'seed clams'

Skillplay: Approriate to level.

Comments: Elisa sees more than she lets on, and there’s a lot going on under the hood that Balthazar and the others don’t see. She is gradually taking more of a role in running the colony. Inviting the guards for dinner is an interesting move. I will be interested to see what comes of that!

Her decision to give Balthazar her fire pearl injected a bit of tenderness into the thread, and showed Elisabeth to be generous, among other things.

I went back and forth on whether to award “How to take initiative”. I notice that Elisabeth has a couple “taking charge” knowledges in her Leadership skill already. In the end I awarded it, but do keep an eye on the knowledges you already have when claiming new ones! Thanks.
Balthazar

Experience: +15 x.p.

Skillplay: Appropriate to level.

Knowledges:

Fishing - Clams can be seen best at low tide
Fishing - Mounds with small depressions on the top indicate the presence of clams
Fishing - Not all fishing is done with hooks and bait
Logistics - Planning for a dinner gathering
Logistics - Assigning a lead for a project can help lighten the load

Loot: Non-jewelry quality fire pearl.

Comments: Balthazar’s interactions with the various NPCs are entertaining. I laughed when Ronan said: “Pick up your jaw.” I feel like you give them just the right balance of personality and autonomy without having them take over the thread. And I like your description of how Balth’s circumstances are affecting his personality and habits. Who will he be, I wonder, when the Paradigm Cuffs come off and the sparks liven up again?
Let me know if either of you have any questions/feedback. Enjoy your rewards!
word count: 442
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Faldrass Island”