Kingdom Project: Choose Your Barony

A Kingdom-wide development effort!

This is an Out of Character forum for the players of Rynmere, Andris and all satellite villages In the kingdom, looking for further information about the area.
Muse
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

rynmere
CHOOSE YOUR BARONY, GOOD PEOPLE
Alright, Rynfriends! In an effort to create an organized way of visually mapping the various Baronies of our fine Houses in the Kingdom of Rynmere, I have begun the task of redesigning the map. I'm sorry, I promise I will get to designing the landscape of the Eastern Settlements next, but as Rynmere central is where most of our noble base is playing, this is what we've got. You will note a few differences from the current map to the old one—I added some rivers and some little rocky places and generally did a little spiffing. The main points of interest are all still there, just not yet labeled.

Anyway, as you can see, the red lines designate the Duchies. The orange lines designate Baronies.

Now, I created them somewhat arbitrarily (read: I totally made them up just about two hours ago), but I have made the barony areas large enough that they could be divided further into smaller baronies should a noble family have more children, though I suspect that not every noble becomes a Baron. Perhaps throughout history, there have been less baronies. Anyway, the point is, there should be enough baronies for all of you kids to claim your spot. Remember, within those baronies are smaller towns and villages, farm lands, and other such places probably arranged into smaller counties and given to wealthy landowners, etc. in a somewhat loosely feudalistic manner. Just, well, keep that in your head for me because that's not important now, but it helps with your imagination.

So, what I'd like you to do, Noble friends, is this: If you have designed and submitted a barony to the Development thread, please color the barony area of your choice in your Duchy on the map in the design program that suits your fancy, mark where any towns/estates/points of interest may be and label them, then save that sucker and resubmit to this thread. If you would be so kind as to ALSO link to your Barony write up in the Development thread, I would love you so much.

Note: I will be updating as I receive input from players. So, if your Barony is already up, good for you. If I got it wrong, get a hold of me via PM, Skype, or Discord and I will edit accordingly.

The full size image can be downloaded here. It's 1250x1250, so I suggest resizing before posting.

Thank you.
If you have any questions, shoot me a PM.
word count: 427
Muse
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Updates!
I admit, I moved Ft Warrick because it should probably be in the mountains. I nudged Andaris a little toward the middle since Drakengard is on the coast. I guessed that Astedia is also the Barony that contains Andaris the capitol city because somewhere has to, so why not? Part of me feels like Andaris is somewhat like DC or the Vatican in that it's its own territory of sorts, but this has not been developed or confirmed.

All that to say this: if you're comparing to the old map and things look different, just trust me, I'm trying to make things a little better.

Also, the map has changed! Thank you so much for all of your input via Skype and Discord. Keep it coming!

NEW LEGEND: The green barony territories are confirmed and written up. The purple barony territories have yet to be developed but those are the areas claimed. Did I miss one? Did I get one wrong? Let me know!

“There is no place for grief
in a house which serves the Muse.”
― Sappho
word count: 182
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “The Power Behind the Throne”