Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: Descent To Asphodel I.

As frustrating as it was, and as helpless as it made him feel, she was absolutely right. Attempting to return now would have him thrown straight back, one way or another. Plus, he couldn't help in this state. It didn't stop him from giving Karem an extremely dejected look, which had the very unfortunate appearance of sad puppy-dog eyes, but he knew that she was right - and that she was one of the very few people that really did have his best interests at heart. "I'd still like to be kept up-to-date if anything else happens. If you wouldn't mind." He sighed again and reflexively lifted a paw half-way to his face, before staring at the not-hand and slowly lowered it again. "It feels like I've missed a lot, and I... I can't afford to just stop, even if I can't join, I need to do something." Even after death, life moved on. The weight of the tasks ahead still felt as extraordinary as ever. Just as soon as he started to feel the weight pressing on his mind once more, he was broken away by Karem's hushed reassurance.

"That's actually what I wanted to talk with you about. Sometime... later, perhaps." Ever-so-subtly, his eyes darted towards Tio, likely far too embroiled in his newfound Immortalhood to notice. "I like him. But that doesn't mean I trust him. Especially now." Especially since he was now one of them. A target and a bargaining chip. An ally and an enemy. Who knew what they might offer for information? And what he might end up spilling, intentionally or otherwise. No. Far, far too risky, even knowing now what he'd done to others. "Anyway, it's not usefulness that decides likability, it's... compassion and empathy," he replied with another look towards Saoire. "You can't imagine how refreshing it is just to be able to have a conversation. To stand in the same room and not feel cowed, or awed, or like you're doing something wrong by not kneeling at their feet... even the 'nice ones', like Qylios. She just bosses everyone around, telling them to do things as if we're nothing more than servants to her whims." He wrinkled his nose and pulled a face. "And as if we do what she says because she said it, and not because it's ust the right thing to do in the first place." That really grated his gears.

At least Tio certainly seemed to be enjoying himself and his newfound species. "Looking very dapper," he called, "but before you get any ideas, unless you plan on granting me a mark for all the hard work I did not biting your infuriating little mask off every time you asked if we're there yet, my soul is not up for target practice." It wasn't too late to give him a right good biting as well, Immortal or no Immortal. "And if you think I'm going to bow and call you Lord, I've got exactly two places you can shove it and you won't find either of them pleasant." Alright, all that unpleasantness out of the way first, he felt it only appropriate. "Congratulations, all the same. I dare say you've outdone yourself, ascending to literal godhood instead of whatever metaphorical godhood you already were... just don't let yourself get carried away." His pleased smile turned a little sad. "For all of our sakes, and your own." They had enough bad Immortals running around without adding the latest addition to the roster.

Plus, while the death of Faldrun at his own two hands seemed almost inevitable at that moment, and the others like Vri and Father not too far behind, he couldn't put Tio on that list. They'd shared something at the Empyrean Gateway that he couldn't bring himself to break, no matter how much that scared him.
word count: 673
We return to where we started, and pass onwards into history.
Tio Silver
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Race: Immortal
Profession: God of Curses
Renown: 665
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

So he only had one domain right now, which he'd likely have to discover for himself through introspection or something like that, and might be able to connect to more as his power grew? This whole being an Immortal business sounded trickier than he'd thought. Fortunately Saoire offered him the opportunity to study as her school, and it occured to Tio that if he wanted to learn how to be an Immortal the best place to do so was under another Immortal's guidance. He considered it for a moment, but ultimately shook his head.

"Thank you for the offer Saoire, but after all this time trapped in Emea I want to explore Idalos again; enjoy all the things I never appreciated until they were gone. I get the impression that I'll only understand something as personal as my domains by getting to understand myself, and that's not something any school can teach." He smirked cheekily at her. "Of course I might just swing around for the pleasure of your charming company every now and again. I never could stay away from a pretty face for long."

Speaking of pretty faces what was he going to do about Delroth? If he really had been the one who'd stolen his sparks then that marked the third time now he'd screwed him over in just as many meetings. Seriously, why was feather-butt such an ass to him? He'd gone out of his way to compete on his behalf in Cassion's game, and just because he hadn't wanted his mark afterwards Delroth had cursed him multiple times over. The curses may be gone now, but that didn't mean Tio was ready to forgive him for his arrogance. Why had he ever worshipped that handsome jerk in the first place?

"I think I'm going to go celebrate. Maybe play some poker, drink myself into an early grave and get into a fist fight with a pirate? Yeah, that sounds exactly like what I need right now." He declared merrily as he began to saunter away. When Nir'wei called out his remark he looked back to him with a teasing grin. "Who, me? Get carried away? As if I'd ever do that. I'm far too mature and sensible to let a little thing like godhood to my head." He chuckled to himself, and then became a little more serious. "Take care of yourself Nir. Few people get a second chance at life, don't let it go to waste." He turned his gaze back to Karem and Saoire, blowing them both a kiss. "And thank you both for bringing us back. I'll pay back the favour someday. Goodbye all of you. I wish you all the best in wherever destiny takes you next."

With that he skipped off, not caring in the slightest that he had no idea where he was or where he was going. What mattered now was that he had an eternity to discover what kind of a god he wanted to be, and he knew just what to do to start searching.
word count: 527
Fast Facts
Noticeable quirks your character can see when threading with Tio.

Floats

Tio floats in the air, usually just a foot off the ground.

Explodeibur

Tio wears a scary looking gauntlet on his right hand that is clearly magical. It creates explosions.

Mercury

Tio has a masked alter ego who leads The Court of Miracles.

Enchanting Voice

Tio's voice has hypnotic properties.
Basilisk Snek
Developer - Staff (TL)
Developer - Staff (TL)
Race: Prophet
Renown: 10
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Staff

Events

Karem smiled at Nir'wei as he pointed out that Saoire wasn't just useful, she was easy to talk to. "To be fair, that...commanding thing that some of us do, it is not something we can turn off. Raskalarn, for instance, has to make an effort in order keep people from wanting to bow at her feet just because she is the Immortal of Conquest. Our Domains have some odd side effects sometimes." she said, before falling silent as Tio and Nir'wei said their good byes.

When he made to leave, Saoire raised a portal bridge that would let him leave the island they were on. Once he was off, he would eventually be able to find his way onward, provided he didn't get too lost. Then she opened a portal in Karem's Realm for the Immortal of Wolves and Nir'wei. "You two take care. Karem, don't be such a stranger, you'd make a great hunting teacher." she said, her tone still cheerful.

Karem, however, let out a short bark of laughter. "That could be interesting, if I ever have the time. We both have our duties, after all. But yes, I will try and visit more often." she said, getting another bright smile from Saoire. "Come on, Nir'wei." she said, leading the wolf through the portal and into the Spectral Forest. When the portal closed, they were in Karem's clearing, surrounded by her Wolves, with the spirit animals convalescing near the center. As they joined the group, there was a loud cry from over head, and Nir'wei would be able to see Traveller soaring overhead. "I picked him up after Vri sent you into Emea. Figured he could wait here for you." she said, looking up at the Sohr Kahl for a moment before smiling at Nir'wei. "You rest. You probably need sleep. Don't worry, people don't really dream here, so you can't be pulled back into Emea." she said, sitting down next to the giant wolf as Nir'wei rested.
REVIEW

For Both Players: EXP - 50 total. 20 for this moderated thread, 30 for completing this quest. I've been keeping an eye on y'all's progress as you go, and it's been a fun ride with a lot of really good writing. None of this can be used for magic.
Renown - 30, for fixing the breach and coming back from Emea. Tio, your Ascendance is not widely known, you'll need to RP up to that.

TIO
Losses: Impotency Curse, Bonemask Curse, Reflection Curse, Bad Shirt Curse, Necromancy Spark, Attunement Spark, Graft Spark, Defiance Spark.
Gains: Immortal Status, 1 Domain, 2 Powers. You can design your first two powers and submit them to the PSF, along with what form Tio's nascent Blessing takes. Further development is story based.
Your Dreamscape and Dream Fish are safe in Emea, for when you Dreamwalk again.
Items: Gateway Monocle: A monocle and bracelet set. As long as both are worn, Tio's vision comes from the monocle.

NIR'WEI
Losses: Your sanity, maybe? Otherwise, nothing.
Gains: Nir'wei is restored to life. Nir'wei is also granted the next three Velduris powers: Enhanced Sense, Form of the Wolf, and Tough Skin. Come the current season, as this thread took place last season, Karem will have successfully returned Nir'wei to human form and can return him to Idalos where he wishes. Squeak and Vabina are also brought back to life. Sage is granted a Spirit Form and can phase in and out like the Velduris wolves, but otherwise stays as he is. Karem will take you wherever you want when you return to Idalos, and will also help Nir'wei retrieve any pets/mounts left behind, if so desired.
Items: Hands - 1 set. They attach to the ends of your wrists and have manueverable digits. Useful for a variety of purposes. In all seriousness, Nir'wei didn't really get any items from this thread. Sorry. =[

This thread was a lot of fun! The four Immortals that were spying on you in the beginning are likely to have plotlines for you two later on down the road, and don't think you've slipped Syroa's gaze, Tio. I apologize if the ending of the quest felt somewhat abrupt, but repairing the bridge felt properly significant in terms of what y'all had to do. If you have any questions about the event, please PM me.
word count: 753
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “The Untold”