[Immortals/Communication] - Questions regarding Chrien (RE Mer-Biqaj link) Topic is solved

Please note: Answers in this archive may be out of date / things may have changed. Do not take for granted anything older than 6 months old. If in doubt - better to ask again.

Moderators: Staff, Peer Reviewer, Wiki Worker

Pyrre Ej'qy
Approved Character
Race: Biqaj
Profession: Chrien-Cursed Mariner
Renown: 25
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 2

Featured

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

[Immortals/Communication] - Questions regarding Chrien (RE Mer-Biqaj link)

Hey there!

A bit of background info about this question: My intention with this character is to start as a Hated of Chrien and, somewhere while I was writing the Rusalkis curse request and doing research on U'frek, Chrien, Mer and Biqaj and the tangle that links them, I got to wondering...

Given the creation of the Biqaj and Mer and their shared ability (sensing one another's presence and the potential for the former to communicate with Mer telepathically), would this also be the same for Biqaj and Chrien (or even Mer and Chrien, if you will)? To a lesser extent? One-sided (Chrien able to sense and communicate but not the other way around)?

I really love the lore and history between these four and my mind kinda got a bit carried away. I imagine it would be rather horrifying to have a raging Chrien being able to lash out not just at a Biqaj's body but also their mind.

Quicklinks! Thanks for your time!
Last edited by Pyrre Ej'qy on Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 182

Appearance

Pyrre's right lower leg is missing and has been replaced with a wooden peg after a run in with Chrien.
As a Biqaj, his ears are slightly pointed and his skin glows a silvery hue under the moonlight. His eyes change accordingly:
Standard Aquamarine, gold starburst Upset Indigo, silver starburst
Curious Pale blue, gold starburst Injured Jet, silver starburst
Angry Gray and gold, silver starburst Drunk Pale amber, gold starburst
Amorous Platinum, gold starburst Scared Emerald, silver starburst

Cursed

Hated by Chrien
"The first level of Chrien's curse bestows terrible misfortune upon the Hated. A series of events will befall them daily that range from the minor and annoying to the severe and dangerous. Rarely are these forces of mishap deadly, but curiously those that are around the Hated seem to benefit from remarkably better luck than they might have otherwise had."
Squirrel
Lore Analyst (TL)
Lore Analyst (TL)
Race: Prophet
Profession: Resident Nutcase
Renown: 999
Office
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: [Immortals/Communication] - Questions regarding Chrien (RE Mer-Biqaj link)

Hi there,

Thank you for this question. It's a really interesting one! (And thank you as well for the quicklinks to make it easier to double-check everything)

Since Chrien is responsible for their creation, it makes sense that they'd share the same ability that she would have naturally - and therefore this telepathic communication would work with her the same as it would with any of her race. As an Immortal and therefore with several hundred years using and exploring this power, also makes sense that she'd have much more fine-tuned control over its power, i.e., being able to render herself undetectable or otherwise able to lash out at minds with much more precise power and control.

Hope this answers your question - if you have anything else to add though, please let me know!
word count: 139
Pyrre Ej'qy
Approved Character
Race: Biqaj
Profession: Chrien-Cursed Mariner
Renown: 25
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 2

Featured

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: [Immortals/Communication] - Questions regarding Chrien (RE Mer-Biqaj link)

Hey Squirrel!

Thank you so much for the quick reply! This is exactly what I was after and what I imagined would be the case. It makes sense that she would have greater control over such a power, given both how much longer she has had to master it as well as it being something original to her that she inadvertently passed down to her creation (and, due to the link between the two races - and to, what I see, as a far lesser extent, Biqaj).

I have nothing to add, sadly. I really appreciate you taking the time to weigh in as I was mainly after clarification.

Have a wonderful day!

PS - HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY ❤️❤️
word count: 116

Appearance

Pyrre's right lower leg is missing and has been replaced with a wooden peg after a run in with Chrien.
As a Biqaj, his ears are slightly pointed and his skin glows a silvery hue under the moonlight. His eyes change accordingly:
Standard Aquamarine, gold starburst Upset Indigo, silver starburst
Curious Pale blue, gold starburst Injured Jet, silver starburst
Angry Gray and gold, silver starburst Drunk Pale amber, gold starburst
Amorous Platinum, gold starburst Scared Emerald, silver starburst

Cursed

Hated by Chrien
"The first level of Chrien's curse bestows terrible misfortune upon the Hated. A series of events will befall them daily that range from the minor and annoying to the severe and dangerous. Rarely are these forces of mishap deadly, but curiously those that are around the Hated seem to benefit from remarkably better luck than they might have otherwise had."
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Q&A Archive”