Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Querencia

The Brig Querencia

• ABOUT THE PC
    • Character Name: Thomas Karver
    • Current Wealth Tier: Tier 6
    • Business Management Skill: Novice (26/250)
    • Profession's Main Skill: Seafaring Expert
  • ABOUT THE BUSINESS STARTUP Refer to the Business Guide
    What is your target tier? Tier 8
    • Step 1: What is your startup wealth differential? -2
    • Step 2: What is the base cost of set up for your business? 43 WP (Masterwork Brig -40 WP, Masterwork Extra set Rigging/Sails (3 WP)
    • Step 3: What is the startup cost? (Step 2 - Step 1)? Paid in PC creation. 40WP for Brig + 3WP for Rigging= 43WP, or 45WP for Target Tier 8 -2WP for differential= 43WP
    • Step 4: Is this business a small or large business? Opt out.
    • How will this be funded? I have already spent the WP to commission and rig out the Querencia.
  • ABOUT THE BUSINESS
  • Business Name: Querencia
  • Business Location: Home port Ne’haer, global travel via trade routes.
  • Business Description: Querencia is a middle sized Brig with 220 cargo and a crew of 15.
  • Number of Employees: 14 (I plan on applying for these NPCs as personal NPCs because I will most likely be using them in a majority of my threads. I have 4 named and personified, then 10 ‘nameless’ NPCs)
  • Which Categories from the Shoppe does your business sell? Material Goods I.e: clothing, jewelry, edibles, metal. link
  • Which non-Shoppe items / goods / services do you provide? Transport, smuggling, perhaps piracy
  • Are there any exceptions (eg: Weapons, but not bows) Does not deal in slaves.
  • Which Wealth Tier does your business target at? Did not understand how to work this out here >The Guide.
  • What is your Business Management Skill? 20/250, Novice
Querencia

Description

Crafted in Ne’haer by the Shipwright Ulra Quo’Uvir, the Querencia is a polished thing of beauty. Her fore and main masts are equal height and she carries a pine keel made thick and ready for any weather. Sitting at a draft of 3 meters she can sail up most medium or wide rivers and her hybrid brigantine and brig rigging allow for maneuverability and stability in strong winds. She is equipped with a beams for a main, top, and gallant sail on both masts and studding for studding sails as well as a fore-and-aft sail on each and a jib and trivial on the bowsprit. Being a medium brig of 60 meters, her hull can carry a middling amount of 220 tons, though care should be taken not to lower her draft recklessly. There is a raised quarter deck and Captains cabin as well as a smaller mate’s cabin. There is the top deck, gun deck, and cargo hold below.

Statistics

Ship Type: Brig, Tier 8
Condition: ‘Masterwork’ (40 WP)
Sails: 7-17
Complement: 15 Souls (12-16)
Passenger Berths (Hammock): 60
Length: 60m with Bowsprit, 43m Hull
Height: 48m
Beam: 11.5m
Draft: 3m
Tons burthern (Cargo): 220 tons
Gun Ports: 20, 10 each side (cannon count as subject to Moderator approval)
Figurehead: A rearing stallion

Layout

Crew NPCs

Type: Personal NPC
Name: Lytara
Rank/Position: First Mate
Race: Naerikk
Date of Birth: 30, 15 Cylus 691
Skills:
Blades: Rapier - 30
Seafaring - 30
Leadership - 15
Navigation - 5
Appearance: Tall, lean, and perpetually unphased, Lytara is a dark-kissed Naerikk whose tattoos weave across her neck and shoulders like stylized waves. She wears loose clothes held fast with leather armor and a rapier at her waist.
Personality: Rough and crash, but loyal to those who earn it. Lytara has a propensity for gambling and sport.
Relationship to PC: Second in command

-
Name: Jori Redbeard
Rank/Position: Quartermaster
Race: Human
Date of Birth: 42, 30 Zi’da 679
Skills:
Bludgeon: Cudgel - 20
Seafaring - 30
Leadership - 30
Appearance: A massive bald man with bronze skin and a curly brown beard, Jori wears sailor’s trousers and carries more than his share of scars. His arms are covered in nautical tattoos.
Personality: Loud and boisterous whether he is happy or angry. Jori has the experience to handle pressure on the deck.
Relationship to PC: Crew member

-
Name: Skarp Ru’Garan
Rank/Position: Helmsman
Race: Biqaj
Date of Birth: 20, 14th Saun 701
Skills:
Seafaring - 30
Navigation - 20
Blades: Cutlass - 20
Appearance: Short and lean, Skarp has a wild mane of blonde hair he keeps in a tail. Wears loose trousers and linen shirt and a vest and a golden hoop in his ear. Skarp is known for not wearing shoes almost all the time.
Personality: Skarp is the epitome of the superstitious sailor. He is full of tall tales and like Thomas, has spent most of his life at sea.

-
Name: Iselda Merin
Rank/Position: Ship's Carpenter
Date of Birth: 20, 5th Zi’da 701
Skills:
Woodworking - 30
Seafaring - 20
Blades: Cutlass - 20
Appearance: Petite and short haired, Iselda is youthful in appearance, though her hands bear the callouses of her work as carpenter.
Personality: Bright and cheerful, Iselda is passionate about all things ship and seafaring.

-
Type: Faceless NPCs
Skills:
Seafaring - 15
Blades: Cutlass - 10
Athletics - 5
Roster:
1. Alden
2. Warren
3. Nettie
4. Ryley
5. Royce
6. Wesley
7. Shaw
8. Maud
9. Corwin
10. Harper
Last edited by Thomas Karver on Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total. word count: 893
Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Profession: Rharne City Moderator
Renown: 666
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Re: Querencia

Hey Thomas, I'll help you set up this business. However, there's an issue that'll need to be settled before you can use the business itself. Your business management is only 20, whereas it needs to be 25 at least according to the business guide. Please do read it in full, with the process outlined for setting up a business. It's actually pretty simple once you get to it.

I do like the idea of a trading company, lots of potential for setting things up with other players, especially with the settlement system getting underway.

That said, we can start preparing for when you're ready to get going with the business.
  • First thing, the Querencia is a purchase you made, and thus it belongs to you. Not the business. So that isn't part of the set-up cost.
  • The actual wp for the setup is being spent to fund the operation generally, whatever it might be. That's not to say you can't do anything with the ship in the meantime, it just means mechanically you won't be doing transaction threads until the business is ready for approval (when you've gotten enough points into Business Management.)
  • So as a tier 6 pc with a business targeting tier 8, that would put you at 45 base price, with -2 subtracted for a total of 47, since you're opting out of small or large.
  • I'm' a little confused about what you mean by 220 cargo? A brig can carry quite a bit of cargo, but we don't really get into nickle and diming exact quantities.
I think that sums up my concerns. I'm here if you have any further questions.
word count: 290
Thomas Karver
Approved Character
Profession: Sailor
Renown: 40
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Hey Pig, thanks for taking a look at Querencia for me. I read the guide upon creation and maybe I got a bit confused around the purchasing of the ship and creating a business around the ship. So I currently adjusted my skills so that my starting Business Management was 26 as one of the Succession Package competent skills. I have 98 wealth points to play around with, could I spend from that to cover the cost of the business?

I see this as he basically spent almost his entire inheritance to commission the ship and then purchase her first cargo to get started. So now his entire wealth is tied up in the Querencia. Let me know if that works. It will drop him well below Tier 6, but he will have the material wealth of the ship and whatever cargo she happens to be carrying at the time. Any Wealth points earned will come from turning a profit in port I suppose.

EDIT: just seeing I did not adjust the BM in this thread to reflect, apologies!
word count: 179
Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Oh ok, so... Thanks for the explanation.

Yeah that's fine to put the 47 into the cost of the ship and have it associated with the business if you'd prefer. That's okay. Sorry I missed that you had enough business management, okay so then we're good to go and you're set to start.

That said, have you sent in your NPCs for approval as personal npcs yet? I don't see an approval link on their info in your CS. You could have them as solely business npcs if you'd rather, and we can set them up in this ticket.

You'd just need to put another tab on the Querencia's information and list each npc there. Then we can take a look at them properly.
word count: 133
Thomas Karver
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

I will deduct the 47 to start the business in addition to the cost of the actual ship. That will basically mean Thomas is pretty poor outside of his ship investments, but that makes good drama. And I will make a new tab up here for personal NPCs for the entire crew, as well as the ten or so 'nameless' NPCs. Does that sound like it addresses everything, Pig? Thanks again for helping me sort this stuff out.
word count: 78
Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Are you sure you want to deduct in addition to the cost of the ship? You could wrap the purchase of the ship up in the cost of the business itself, so you need only deduct 47!

Just making sure, sorry about the confusion.

And yes, let me know when you're all set.
word count: 54
Thomas Karver
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Very well, got the NPCs listed for your perusal!
word count: 9
Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Thanks for posting those. You do realize you can have up to 100 skill points total. Some of your npcs are below that total for their skills. For instance, Lytara has 80 xp alloted to her skills. She can have 20 more xp points albeit with no more than 30 xp in any one skill!

Apart from that, I just need you to fill in the information here for the sake of a complete business write-up, thanks!:

Code: Select all

[style=max-width:650px; background-color:#232323; padding:15px; margin:auto; color:#BCBCBC][center]Goods & Services Available[/center]

Rules:[list=1]
[*]Since this is a PC run business, you may buy certain items here at a lower cost than the Shoppe. 
[*]Only the goods & services identified in this post may be purchased.
[*][b]This location is open for you to post in:[/b] any and all purchases must be posted with time stamps below.
[*]You can make multiple purchases per season, but log only ONE purchase post
[*] If you make a thread out of your transaction, the link should be posted here.
[/list]
[tabmenu][
[tab=Goods & Services]
[b]Shoppe Items[/b]
Certain items from the <link> Shoppe may be purchased here at 1 Wealth Tier lower than usual. (eg: if you are Tier 5, you may purchase items for sale here as though you were Tier 6)
Specifically, the following categories of items may be purchased here:
[list] [*] Category
[*] Category [/list]
[i]Exclusions:[/i] If any items from that/ those categories are not included, please state so here. 

[u][b]This business is targeted at clients at Tier Z. This represents the majority of NPCs who shop here. PCs from any Tier may frequent a PC business.[/b][/u]

[b]Goods / Services Not Explicitly Listed in the Shoppe[/b]
The following Goods and Services not listed in the Shoppe are available here. 
[list]
[*] Cosmetic Makeover 
[*] Bespoke clothing (see tab)
[/list]
[/tab]

[tab=Job information]Jobs are available here. To apply for a job, contact the player.[/tab]

[tab=Player notes]Put notes from the city's mod(s) to the city's players here. Also put a "transaction template" for PCs?[/tab]

[tab=Change log]Record any changes here that have been made to the location.[/tab][/tabmenu][/style]
word count: 380
Thomas Karver
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Goods & Services Available
[

Goods & Services

Shoppe Items
Certain items from the <link> Shoppe may be purchased here at 1 Wealth Tier lower than usual. (eg: if you are Tier 5, you may purchase items for sale here as though you were Tier 6)
Specifically, the following categories of items may be purchased here:
  • Bulk material goods
  • Transportation of goods/people
Exclusions: All Slaves

This business is targeted at clients at Tier 8. This represents the majority of NPCs who shop here. PCs from any Tier may frequent a PC business.

Goods / Services Not Explicitly Listed in the Shoppe
The following Goods and Services not listed in the Shoppe are available here.
  • Smuggling
  • Mercenary work
  • Voyage commission

Job information

N/A

Player notes

Mod Notes: None so far.
PC Template:
Service Required: (transportation/smuggling, voyage commission)
Start port:
End port:
Duration:
Cargo Req.: (How much space/how many berths)

Change log

Record any changes here that have been made to the location.
word count: 158
Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Sounds good, Once you've updated your Wealth Ledger to reflect the expense of 47 wp for the business (and remove the expense of the brig from your ledger, as that is part of your business), you'll be approved! Thanks for the cooperation and patience.
word count: 46
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Approved Businesses & Factions”