• Graded • [Uthaldria] Makeover

31st of Saun 717

This area is unmoderated. Please click on "Forum Rules" at the top of this page or go to the "Unmoderated Areas" forum to see the rules for playing here.

Moderators: Staff, Peer Reviewer, Wiki Worker

Varthakh
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Jeger
Renown: 580
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

[Uthaldria] Makeover

31st Saun 717

"I'm serious, Alistair," the towering Lothar pressed. "I want to go shopping, I've been saving my nel for some new gear," it had been a long and difficult task, but Fridgar had managed to pull through financially without Alistair's aid. In total, he'd saved just five gold shy of six onyx nel and planned to put it toward some much needed gear. Not only a new axe or two, but a weapon entirely new to him, perhaps some armour too. His hands had felt increasingly light in recent trials and sought to weight them down with fine Terrendyte.

Fridgar was dressed in his usual attire; a stekir-skin loin cloth that fitted him well and scarcely showed his private areas. Despite being mostly naked, he still stood tall and proud, not the slightest bit concerned with his appearance. As had accompanied him the whole season, his twin foot-long horns hovered a mere inch or two from the ceiling of their home, the house of buggery, threatening to scrape or poke holes in the ceiling with every turn or nod of his head.

Since the dance of the graces, Fridgar had strayed from his arcana a little. His spark welled in the dark, still threatening to reveal at any given push, but he'd refrained from its use. He'd found that he was plenty strong without his magic to help him and sought to explore the depth of his roots. Of course, Alistair might not like his new attitude, but it didn't matter. His kindal would accept his desires in all places, the fields, the dining room, the bedroom and now on the field of battle; his way of life. Only, he needed his help.

"Your blacksmith friend, 'Keanu', he works Terrendyte?" Fridgar asked, uncertain of whether he said the blacksmith's name correctly. To disgrace the name of a shadowdancing master would likely earn a volley of jokes from his beloved, but he didn't mind. "Will you take me to his shop, my rose? A portal will be fine." Even if he wanted to strafe away from magic, there was no hope for pulling Alistair from that path. He didn't mind, either. Alistair's use of magic was his whole being. Rupturing was an extension of himself and Fridgar found his Kindal's strength endearing.

Fridgar then scooped the polearm of his blunted Terrendyte broad axe into his hand. It had originally been a gift from Halden, a man he'd once thought was his friend. But, later events had proven that they were not friends. Fridgar would have the material melted down, perhaps for a discount in purchasing his new wares. Even if not, he'd rather not have to wield the shoddy blunted pole in battle anymore, he'd grown too skilled to settle for such a simple and flimsy tool. Once he'd collected his pouch of onyx and gold, he was ready to set off.

Taking the human's comparably small hand into his own, Fridgar leaned over to plant a soft kiss on his Kindal's forehead, a preemptive token of his gratitude. If the portal opened, Fridgar would walk through with Alistair's hand in his.
word count: 544
Whenever one finds oneself inclined to bitterness, it is a sign of emotional failure.
-- Bertrand Russell
Alistair
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Wanderer
Renown: 1000
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

[Uthaldria] Makeover

With the dance of the graces completed, things had changed... somewhat. Alistair's mentality had almost entered a stillness, his vibrance and wit in conversation still circulating in his thoughts, but manifesting less often in his speech. It was almost as if the Dance had made him more animal, and often he found himself staring with incredulous eyes rather than speaking and interacting and engaging. His expression was often more quiet, and the way in which he demonstrated physical desires, such as affection and bloodshed, had changed since the amniotic treatment.

He became more physical in general. He developed an absurd sense of centrifigural manipulation, balance control, and dexterity, particularly within his muscular legs. Alistair's goals became more immediately physical, and so in some ways he shared a relative distancing from Arcana with Fridgar. In truth, they shared a lot of commonalities, now. The mage found himself more stern and less flowery; his frilly words and fine dress diminished. Instead, he wore black leather cladded with Terrendyte much of the time, and in a casual setting, naught but a simple cotton shirt and linen pants that clung to his legs, going barely past his knees.

Along with the alterations of his wardrobe, the changes to his mind affected his relationship directly. Talk was still common, but it was more Fridgar's style. In lieu of his apparently animal-like nature, he'd become more sexual with Fridgar, and far more demanding of his partner. Alistair had begun to know the satisfaction of losing one's civility, and he'd started to become addicted to it. He realized that perhaps, like he'd suspected for so long, being a Venora was not truly his nature.

He was not the posh man he was raised to be. The Graces opened his eyes to that - the pain, and also the satisfaction. His mind operated differently. His reflexes had enhanced, but with them came equally a more direct view of the world. Had he lost his philosophy? No - perhaps this all made it even more prominent. But he did not wish to ponder solely among tomes, in a quiet study. He wanted to experience what he claimed to know, stepping forward from the disposition of so many nobles before him; all of them weary of real danger, and thus, real greatness.

Like Fridgar, Alistair's appetite for war had further developed. They spent much of their days training, developing new forms and techniques. So, it was no surprise to him when his lover recommended meeting his former master, and the man who developed the Terrendyte gear that Alistair had so happily equipped.

Both of them wanted to grow stronger. They wanted to stand above people like Ellasin - even alone.

"Yeah, he works Terrendyte," the smaller male nodded, smiling faintly. He didn't tease his lover, mostly because Fridgar hadn't tried attempting his last name, Ki'Lozdara. Even Alistair could barely get it right in one quick breath, and he spoke basic Rakahi, and had been raised in a nation loaded with Biqaj.

"I'll gladly teleport you, my love," he said, locking fingers with his mate. "He should probably be at The Pointy End. I think I'll be able to take us there in one go," Alistair surmised, biting his lower lip. Waving his hand out, he split the space before them, and rend open a portal. On the other side, he could clearly see with his nebulous eyes the shop that Keanu operated. "Let's go, my love," he tugged on Fridgar's hand, and led them to Keanu, who merely stared dumbfounded at the sudden arrival of the two men.

"Uh, hi," he said, waving his fingers awkwardly. Glancing to the giant beside his former apprentice, the man raised a brow. "This your havendal, Alistair?" he asked, in Common. "He's... big," the Biqaj noted, staring quietly.
word count: 648
Varthakh
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

[Uthaldria] Makeover

Alistair's changes in recent trials had been almost... alarming. He'd changed so much, going from the social, talkative Venora that he once knew to a more reclusive, physical, feral man. He almost felt Lotharen, in some ways, it was a nice change, but... He couldn't help but miss his sweet darling rose. With the both being almost feral, they found a lot more time for cuddles, napping and, of course, mating. Such times had gotten a lot more intense, which Fridgar liked.

It didn't take much convincing for Alistair to affirm that his master worked Terrendyte. Alistair's blunted tone took him by surprise, but he passed it off for the changes implemented by the dance of the graces. "Great, because I need some," the Lothar smiled in return to his mate's grin. Come to think of it, he needed a few things with Alistair's help. Even so, there was work to be done. He needed to get a few things done before Vhalar, there would be plenty of time for other things in the following season, he was sure.

Alistair took his free hand, still. Despite the changes he'd undergone, he was still just as affectionate to his Havendal. Fridgar lowered, bending his knees and hips just enough to plant a kiss on his Kindal's lips. He needed Alistair to know that he appreciated his help, no matter the task. He managed fine without words. Alistair's hand raised and space sundered in the form of a fiery gash, blazing with distorted power that Fridgar had become more than comfortable with over time.

Then, the human began to guide him into the portal, through to his old master's smithy. Fridgar hadn't been sure of what kind of man to expect on the other side, but what he saw... surprised him. The biqaj was short, one of the shortest men he'd seen in a while, in fact. He wasn't as broad or sticky as the typical Lothar, either. This was probably because Keanu wasn't a Lotharro, but a Biqaj instead. Fridgar merely smiled at the surprised Biqaj's compliment, looking to the brow of the man he faced and avoided his eyes. "He is," Fridgar affirmed the man's speculations. "Greetings, small one," he spoke deep from the diaphragm. "I am Fridgar Calder, Havendal of Alistair Calder."

With his excessive introduction out of the way, the horned giant nodded respectfully before turning to look about the shop at the various pieces of metalwork on display. Not all of it was Terrendyte, neither was it his size. Though, he had some very fancy, very expensive-looking pieces for sale. A budget of six onus wasn't enough for everything he needed, for sure. "I saw your work on Alistair's spear, gotta say, that's some nice metal you've crafted, not that I'm an expert or anything," he complimented the Smith, hoping to get into his good books.

"I'd like to buy some equipment, all Terrendyte, if you're up to it," he couldn't imagine Terrendyte being a very pleasant metal to work with, being as hard and heavy as it was. "I also have this broad axe, made from the same metal. The arcs have been unforgiving and have dwindled the strength and sharpness of the blade, I think it could be salvaged for metal though," the Lothar sighed, not quite pleased with the amount of the gear he wanted against the gear he could afford. He'd acquired less than half the total nel he needed to complete his set, so he'd focus on buying the most important parts first.

The giant removed a folded piece of paper from his pocket, only to unfold it in a careful manner as to avoid ripping the paper or tearing it with his claws. He cleared his throat, "I need... A new broad axe, a war axe, some gauntlets and a... Coffin shield," Fridgar declared, looking to his beloved for assurance. Alistair hadn't heard anything of Fridgar's desire to pick up a shield before, how would he react? "Can you make all of that for me, Mister... Ki'losdora?" he attempted the male's last name, wincing a little as he butchered the tongue. Regardless, he withdrew his pouch of nel from his loin cloth and placed that and his broad axe on the desk, straightening his posture as he stood before the blacksmith.
word count: 752
Whenever one finds oneself inclined to bitterness, it is a sign of emotional failure.
-- Bertrand Russell
Alistair
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Letters
Point Bank Thread

[Uthaldria] Makeover

Fridgar's affection burned strong, regardless of the changes Alistair had taken. The mage was given a firm and loving kiss, his mate kneeling down to plant a soft and tender one against his lips, the noble blushing in response. Alistair, at this point, pushed forward to embrace his husband for some time, content to hold him and lean into his warmth for as long as he'd allow before they finally stepped forward to the walled city. He really loved Fridgar, that hadn't changed, even though many other things about him had. He could never stop loving him when he treated the smaller mage as well as he did.

Finally though, it was time to go, and so they did. Fridgar of course remarked on his relative size to Keanu, provoking a roll of the eyes by his partner and a sly grin upon the lips of the Biqaj. "Small one," he repeated, beneath his breath. Of course, Alistair heard his repetition, which meant Fridgar did. Keanu seemed satisfied regardless; as if he were mocking the words. Perhaps he imagined defeating Fridgar in combat, shaming him. Of course, that wouldn't happen. Keanu was far inferior to both of them in martial skill.

But he was superior to them in all things metal, and so Fridgar's offer was met with an immediate nod, the smaller man gesturing both of the lovers further into his establishment. They were pulled into his living room, where Alistair and the Shadowdancer often discussed their art and their futures, eager to hear of the work that the bulky Lotharro wished done.

"Shadowsong is one of my best works," the man stated. "A masterwork weapon - Terrendyte is always supposed to be commissioned as such, but often the Jegers and Krigers will cut corners and pay for less... so I don't put nearly as much work into it," he admitted. "That spear, on the other hand - a fortune. And a beauty," he nodded.

Then, Fridgar named out his shopping list, and the Biqaj listened with the occasional nod. "Sounds appropriate," he said. "Your broad axe, it's probably not going to cut much off the bill for the new one... but we'll see," he grinned. "Anyhow - broad axe, war axe, gauntlets, coffin shield," he repeated. Alistair was still perplexed by the shield bit, especially one so large. Fridgar fought with dual axes, fists, offense always - why the shield?

"The gauntlets, if plate, will be four hundred and eighty gold nels. It doesn't get any prettier, either," he confessed. "The broad axe will be nine-hundred sixty, the war axe four eighty, and the coffin shield... three sixty," he nodded. "These will be the most expensive pieces of gear of your life. On the bright side, you will never have to replace them. Masterwork Terrendyte is essentially unable to be marred, by anything but the utter extreme, of a level we mortals can't easily imagine. These weapons will follow you for all of your cycles and futures, and shall remain within your family for a thousand, thousand years," Keanu stated.

"But they'll also cost you an arm and three legs, the third being your cock," the man nodded nonchalantly. "So - yes. That will be... two thousand, two hundred and eighty gold nels. You sure you have that much in that pouch, friend?"
word count: 562
Varthakh
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

[Uthaldria] Makeover

As Keanu went through the list of prices, Fridgar nodded. Big numbers didn't mean all that much to him, he'd never been wealthy enough to have to count that high. "Plate gauntlets, yeah," he confirmed, biting his lower lip as he feigned concern at the grand total. 2280, Did he have that much? Worry in his eyes, the Lothar took hold of his purse, it was heavy with Onyx and Gold. Surely, he had enough? "Well, I can't give you my legs, arm and cock, but I can give you-" he started with a victorious grin spreading across his face, he dropped the pouch on the counter along with his axe, announcing "-Three thousand gold!" he declared, smiling triumphantly. When Keanu checked the bag, he would only find two thousand, two hundred and nineteen Gold, two thousand in four Onyx.

Whether Fridgar had attempted to pull a fast one or was incompetent with money, was unsure. "Two hundred gold in the bag, four Onyx.. and the axe makes three thousand, right?" he asked, though it sounded more like a declaration of victory than a question. Fridgar seemed to think that the axe was worth eight hundred gold, which was far from true. Keanu passed an uncertain glance to his ex-student before cringing, breathing in through his teeth. "That... That's not three thousand you've got there," Keanu pointed out awkwardly, unsure of how to break the bad news to his customer. Fridgar pulled back, blinking twice in quick succession "But, it's right there! Two thousand two hundred gold nel, and a nine hundred and sixty gold broad axe... which makes... three thousand? he asked, growing less confident in his tone.

Keanu looked to Alistair with an eye of disbelief. He couldn't tell if Fridgar was truly bad at math or if he were trying to confuse the blacksmith. "...Okay," the Biqaj exhaled a deep sigh, "First off.. you have two thousand, two hundred and nineteen gold in this pouch, which would bring your total nel up to three thousand, one hundred and seventy nine if the axe was even worth that much..." Keanu cleared his throat, standing up a little straighter, "Secondly, I can't give you the full price of a masterwork Terrendyte broad axe for... that weapon... it's more or less been reduced to standard quality through... years of abuse, by the looks of things. You can't have done that much damage in even five lifetimes, Surely? I'll give you... sixty one gold nel for it, giving you just enough to pay the bill, with nothing left over. Sound good?"

Fridgar, by now, was staring with his eyes as wide as saucers, his jaw hanging loose. Was Halden's piece of shit axe really that bad? Did two and nine really make eleven? His face began to Redden in humiliation as he realised his errors. Could he be wrong? Was his axe really only worth sixty gold? Seeking comfort, Fridgars paw caught hold of Alistair's hand and held softly; these were trying times indeed. "Alistair," Fridgar asked his mate's attention, still weak from what was unfurling before him. "Is he right? Is the axe only worth sixty? Is my math wrong?" He didnt know Keanu, his word meant next to nothing to the Lothar. Alistair, however, he trusted completely.

"If you say that he's right, I'll believe you and I'll go through with this. If you say he's wrong, I'll also believe you." Fridgar took in a deep breath, returning to a more neutral expression as he exhaled. "What do you think,
My love?"
In the end, it didn't matter. He was ready to lose Halden's axe anyway, but he still wanted his Kindal's opinion and advice, he was the smartest and most trusted person Fridgar knew. Though, he wondered, if he'd have been better off selling his arms and legs?
word count: 664
-- Bertrand Russell
Alistair
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Letters
Point Bank Thread

[Uthaldria] Makeover

Sixty gold nels? It looked like Keanu was pulling a fast one, Alistair noted. He wanted to sell a broad axe for nine hundred and sixty, but only offered less than a tenth of that for an axe of lower quality. How much would he sell said axe for? Two hundred, or so? The mage bit his lip, observing the conversation as an array of arguments cycled through his thoughts. Would Keanu scam his husband? Probably.

Did Alistair have the moral obligation to respond to that, and challenge his fallacious price designation? Probably.

"It's definitely not worth nine hundred nels like the one he'd make for you," Alistair admitted, shaking his head. Shadowsong, for instance, was of a much higher quality than Fridgar's terrendyte weapon. The Jegers seemed to make generally inferior weapons, valuing quantity over quality. As such, the one Halden offered him was inferior in make from the get-go, and had likely been used for generations.

Still, the material was worth a lot by itself. More than sixty gold nels, certainly. The mage had to argue that.

"But," he began, "I think it's worth at least a hundred," he stated. Keanu shrugged.

"Possibly," the smith confessed. "I could sell it for more than a hundred. But I'm a licensed smith," he stated, grinning. "Still, I see your point. It's probably worth a hundred... hundred fifty nels or so. How about this - I take a hundred nels off your tab for the axe, so you just pay me two thousand, one hundred and eighty. You can spend the other forty gold nels buying Alistair a horde of chickens or something," the Biqaj joked. "Deal?" he asked the burly, horned Lothar.

"I think it's fair, Fridgar," the mage added. It was only forty gold nels, but that was several days of work for the Lotharro, and it was still a positive transaction for the smith.

"Or," Alistair started, his fingers casually stroking his chin, "Why don't you remake the axe into the broad axe he's commissioning? Refine it, make it a masterwork weapon. Then, you can subtract the value of the axe from the final product. Less time and effort for you, and Fridgar saves nels," the mage offered as a final suggestion. Keanu didn't seem directly opposed.

"Sure," the man agreed. "Eight hundred gold nels for the broad axe, if you give me this axe. The final total would then come out to... two thousand one hundred and twenty. And then, you penny pinchers can leave me be," he scowled, though largely in jest. Largely.
word count: 437
Tristan Venora
Approved Character
Profession: Mad Scientist Socialite
Renown: 934
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

[Uthaldria] Makeover

Name: Alistair

Knowledge: N/A

Loot: N/A
Injuries: N/A
Renown: N/A
Magic XP: N/A

- - -
Comments: This was quite enjoyable, especially for a shopping thread.

Please make sure to eventually update your ledger with your wages and seasonal expenses though!
word count: 45
Korva
Approved Character
Race: Biqaj
Profession: Fisherman/Woodworker
Renown: 90
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Re: [Uthaldria] Makeover

[style=max-width:600px; border: 1px solid #2D010B; box-shadow: 0px 0px 1px 1px #000000; background-image: url(gallery/image/15630/medium); margin: auto; padding: 20px; padding-top: 30px; padding-bottom: 30px; box-shadow: 0px 0px 1px 1px #000000;][center][/center][style2=max-width: 520px; border: 1px solid #2D010B; box-shadow: 0px 0px 1px 1px #000000; background: linear-gradient(135deg, #becbd3, #7593a5, #38637c, #164059, #000000); margin: auto; padding: 40px; color: #ffffff;][googlefont=Indie Flower][font size=125]

[align=center][img]https://media.giphy.com/media/5TAmnGy9vIv2o/giphy.gif[/img]

[u][size=150]Rewards![/size][/u][/align]

[b]Name[/b]: Fridgar

[b]Knowledge[/b]: You're entitled to your 8 knowledge if you want them!

[b]Loot[/b]: NA
[b]Injuries[/b]: NA
[b]Renown[/b]: NA
[b]Magic XP:[/b] NA

[b]Points[/b]: 15

[center][b]- - -[/b][/center]
[b]Comments[/b]: As always, Fridgar is a good read and I keep getting to see all these cool snippets of him even if I'm sad I don't get to read them completed. What I read of this was a cute story, and watching him try to barter and do math was like watching me, all confidence then a lot of wtf lol Well done!

If you feel I've missed anything or if you have questions about your review, please don't hesitate to send me a quick PM or ping me in Discord. Thanks!

[/googlefont][/font][/style2][/style]

[size=50]**Made by the magnificent [url=viewtopic.php?f=37&t=15045]Kes[/url][/size]
word count: 257
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Western: Uthaldria”