Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

[Rynmere] Announcements

For You To Know
In here the Prophets of Andaris, Rynmere and Northern Idalos will post any important announcements. These announcements will take two forms:
  • -Either they will share news about Rynmere which is In Character... sometimes your PC will not know about these events, but the announcement will be clear on what is public knowledge and what isn't.
    -Or the post will be relating to Out Of Character information, such as the appointment of a new staff member to the city, or a rant about rules which aren't being obeyed.
Please pay attention to this thread and if you see a new post, please read it carefully, as the information will almost always affect your RP within this city.

OPENING SOON...
word count: 140
A N D I T' S A L L J U S T S M A L L S T U F F, B A B Y.
Kingdom
Prophet of Old
Race: Mer
Renown: -1000
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

[Rynmere] Announcements

Important Update!
I have spent some time this morning updating knight, sailor, and skyrider ranks. After reviewing them I felt that it promoted skill grinding too much and that isn't what I want this game or city to be about. I value reading and writing stories above all else, skill should always just be a happy little perk on the side, but not restrict players too much! Below are the updated rank requirements which have also been added to the lore page for Rynmere in behind the throne. Rank requirements have been almost halved in most cases and still offer enough challenge, I feel, to keep them interesting.

Moseke Knights

Knight Lord Commander: Melee Combat (100), Ranged Combat (100), Shield (90), Mount (90), Unarmed Combat (80), Leadership (70), Acrobatics (60), Tactics (60), Politics (50), Siege Weaponry (50), Interrogation (30), Stealth (30), Voted into power by the Dukes.
Lord: Melee Combat (85), Ranged Combat (85), Shield (75), Mount (75), Unarmed Combat (65), Leadership (55), Acrobatics (45), Tactics (45), Politics (30), Siege Weaponry (30), Interrogation (15), Stealth (15)
Warden: Melee Combat (70), Ranged Combat (70), Shield (60), Mount (60), Unarmed Combat (50), Leadership (40), Acrobatics (30), Tactics (30), Politics (15), Siege Weaponry (15)
Captain: Melee Combat (55), Ranged Combat (55), Shield (45), Mount (45), Unarmed Combat (35), Leadership (25), Acrobatics (15), Tactics (15)
Stewart: Melee Combat (45), Ranged Combat (45), Shield (35), Mount (35), Unarmed Combat (25), Leadership (15)
Knight: Melee Combat (35), Ranged Combat (35), Shield (25), Mount (25), Unarmed Combat (15)
Squire: Melee Combat (25), Ranged Combat (25), Shield (15), Mount (15)

U’frek Sailors

Admiral: Melee Combat (85), Ranged Combat (85), Shield (75), Seafaring (75), Unarmed Combat (65), Swimming (55), Navigation (50), Tactics (50), Leadership (30), Shipbuilding (30), Interrogation (15), Politics (15), Voted into power by the Dukes.
Lieutenant: Melee Combat (70), Ranged Combat (70), Shield (60), Seafaring (60), Unarmed Combat (50), Swimming (40), Navigation (30), Tactics (30), Leadership (15), Shipbuilding (15)
Captain: Melee Combat (55), Ranged Combat (55), Shield (45), Seafaring (45), Unarmed Combat (35), Swimming (25), Navigation (15), Tactics (15)
Officer: Melee Combat (45), Ranged Combat (45), Shield (35), Seafaring (35), Unarmed Combat (25), Swimming (15)
Seaman: Melee Combat (35), Ranged Combat (35), Shield (25), Seafaring (25), Unarmed Combat (15)
Recruit: Melee Combat (25), Ranged Combat (25), Shield (15), Seafaring (15)

Xiur Skyriders

General: Melee Combat (85), Ranged Combat (85), Shield (75), Animal Husbandry (75), Unarmed Combat (65), Mount (55), Leadership (50), Tactics (50), Navigation (30), Stealth (30), Politics (15), Interrogation (15), Voted into power by the Dukes.
Colonel: Melee Combat (70), Ranged Combat (70), Shield (60), Animal Husbandry (60), Unarmed Combat (50), Mount (40), Leadership (30), Tactics (30), Navigation (15), Stealth (15)
Captain: Melee Combat (55), Ranged Combat (55), Shield (45), Animal Husbandry (45), Unarmed Combat (35), Mount (25), Leadership (15), Tactics (15)
Major: Melee Combat (45), Ranged Combat (45), Shield (35), Animal Husbandry (35), Unarmed Combat (25), Mount (15)
Sergeant: Melee Combat (35), Ranged Combat (35), Shield (25), Animal Husbandry (25), Unarmed Combat (15)
Airman: Melee Combat (25), Ranged Combat (25), Shield (15), Animal Husbandry (15)

I've noticed a couple of people calling the collective army 'the empire' or working for the 'the empire'. Please try to avoid doing this as there is another faction working across a number of cities that goes by that name and we don't want to confuse anyone. As a knight, sailor, or skyrider, your character works for 'the Kingdom of Rynmere' and its fair king, Cassander. The Army as a collective is called "The Iron Hand".

'The First Shields' were 'The Sacred Seven' Andaris, Venora, Burhan, Warrick, Krom, Gawyne, and Endor, who make up the kingdom's religion 'Rynlism' which honours the kingdom's forefathers instead of the Immortals. A rebel faction calling themselves 'The First Shields' will soon start to pop up in events and rumours, with a man trying to claim his right to the throne, calling Cassander a false king. The kingdom will also face threats from Faction VII, The Seers, and outside forces, so pick a side, have fun, and most importantly, write!
word count: 681
Kingdom
Prophet of Old
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

[Rynmere] Announcements

Minor Update!
Noble houses now have little blurbs detailing the characteristics of each house and what they're good at. You don't have to stick to script if you make a character for one of these houses, but it is important to take the family's line of work or reputation into consideration.

Members of the Andaris House are proud, arrogant, and wealthy. They usually run businesses near the ports or in the top tier of the city. They have a history of getting what they want and when it comes to advising the king, they are trusted for their sound battle tactics and skills in politics and negotiation.

Warricks come from a long, proud line of hunters, farmers, and skyriders. They are a hardy people who know the land better than most and seldom die young. Warricks are known for their bravery, trustworthiness, and wisdom. They know The Burning Mountains better than any and often use this to their advantage.

Members of the garden region, the Venora line produces some of the most beautiful people in all of Rynmere. Known for their striking looks and graceful exchanges, House Venora is famous for its beauty, musical and artistic talents, and skills in persuasion.

A seafaring, spirited people known for their lavish parties and great sense of humour, House Burhan are navigational experts, brilliant sailors, designers, and merchants. They are not afraid to travel, love wholeheartedly, and enjoy nothing more than a good story.

The men and women of Krom are brash and unrefined. They enjoy fighting for sport and make fearsome opponents on the battlefield. House Krom is one of the richest houses in all of Rynmere and don't tend to spend their coin on flashy clothes or items. Non-materialistic and lovers of the land, those with Krom blood in their veins are difficult to buy, fool or persuade, and are never trusted to keep their word.

Perhaps the most humble noble house, the people of Gawyne's line are historians, philosophers, poets, and mathematicians. They enjoy studying the stars and have been called 'the fortunetellers of the north'. House Gawyne are most akin to House Warrick, and the two usually form strong alliances that see them to power sooner or later.

The noble men and women of Endor are business experts and are often put in charge of setting up trading alliances across Rynmere and around the world of Idalos. Known as 'the children of the dragon' for their underground dwellings and secretive ways. House Endor is perhaps the most mysterious of them all, underestimated and often forgotten, these people are hard to silence.
word count: 438
Kingdom
Prophet of Old
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

[Rynmere] Announcements

UPDATE
Doesn't look like much but I spent a few hours writing Rynmere Housing information up today. Hopefully this helps answer any questions new or old players might have, and influence the RP a little.
word count: 36
Kingdom
Prophet of Old
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

[Rynmere] Announcements

UPDATE TO RYNMERE LORE
Marriage & Divorce
Arranged marriages within noble lines are very common in Rynmere and often women don’t have a choice regarding who they marry, especially if their parents or even grandparents find a suitable match for them before they do. It is not unusual for two people to wed without ever having previously crossed paths, and couples generally begin their journey together as man and wife as complete strangers. Though love is not always formed within these sorts of arrangements, a strong working relationship is typically built over the years (arcs) as divorce is out of the question, in fact it doesn’t even exist within the Kingdom of Rynmere.

Rules of engagement are simple, with no women under the age of fifteen and not men younger than seventeen being permitted to marry, the only obvious exception being the king. Unlike other territories across Idalos, it is the male’s side of the arrange who must put their best foot forward, offering a handsome dowry of a sum amounting to no less than one thousand gold nels, or a house on an acre of land. A woman has no power to refuse a noble suitor if their parents are in agreement and the terms of their exchange are met.

After arrangements are made a public notice is put up in the city and any local newspapers in order to ensure that there are no grounds for prohibiting the binding, a close blood relation, existing spouses, children, debt, or religious vow all to be acknowledged by family or members of the public who might know more details. If the terms are agreeable and no nasty rumours come forward, the wedding date is set and the marriage goes ahead as planned, however, if there are grounds for concern the parents have the power to call off the wedding with the other party publically shamed for their misdeeds.

Under two Virtues of the Seven (thou shalt not betray, and thou shalt endure), there are no grounds for divorce for the noble or common man, including heinous acts of rape, adultery, and even incest. Taking a barren wife (for it is always believed to be the female at fault), is no excuse for a marriage to be dissolved, and couples are expected to live under the same roof for the rest of their days. Even those forced to endure a torturous binding dare not speak of what they suffer, for if any ill fate were to befall one of them, the other would be suspected of arranging their murder and spend the next season in the dungeon awaiting a (un)fair trial, where they are later put to death by way of hook, blade, hanging, or fire, depending on several factors including the method in which their spouse was slain.

For a noble, marriage cannot take place in a season with an odd amount of days (trials), or during fasting in Cylus, both of which are considered extremely bad luck. This means all weddings take place in the season of Saun, the hottest part of the year (arc). Commoners, on the other hand, are able to get married during any season bar Cylus. Treasures are exchanged during the ceremony, and though these have traditionally been family heirlooms, rings, or swords, it is up to the individuals involved to choose what it is they gift the other, with men going all out to outdo their forefathers, siblings, and friends.

After the wedding, the couple are locked in a room for three nights, with no food, but access to water and sweets. It is believed that during this time the marriage will be consummated with even the bitterest of rivals emerging as two bodies now one of mind. In the event of a second marriage (obtainable only by commoners), often viewed as a sign of wealth outside of noble lines, this tradition is forfeited in the belief that only one marriage can be sacred, even while a second is and sometimes must be tolerated.
word count: 672
Kingdom
Prophet of Old
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

[Rynmere] Announcements

UPDATE
The Rynmere Gazette is now in action! Would love to find one, two, or even three PCs who want to have their character's work for the paper. Posting the gazette will count as a job thread.
word count: 38
Kingdom
Prophet of Old
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

[Rynmere] Announcements

UPDATE
The Iron Hand is up and running.
word count: 8
Kingdom
Prophet of Old
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

[Rynmere] Announcements

Noble Houses have been updated. If your character isn’t linked to a noble house but your CS has been approved, it means you haven’t spoken to me about acquiring said noble position.

Fill in the information below (also found on the noble page) and send it to my PM for approval.

Code: Select all

[b]Character Name[/b]: 
[b]Approved CS Link[/b]: 
[b]Age[/b]: 
[b]House[/b]: 
[b]Parents[/b]: 
[b]Written approval from existing Members[/b]: (siblings, parents, grandparents if in play)
[b]Secret Plot Ideas or Aspirations[/b]: 
word count: 94
Kingdom
Prophet of Old
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

[Rynmere] Announcements

Added two new locations:

The White Well - A massive collection of waterfalls in Burhan.
Raptor's Rest - A place Jacadon go to die.

Also done a lot more work on The Iron Hand including the creation of an old language "Draketh" that is taught to members carrying the title of Captain or above. You need permission to start with this language. Translator will be up sometime next week.
word count: 68
Kingdom
Prophet of Old
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

[Rynmere] Announcements

MAP UPDATE

Added forests and roads (and the wall), note that there is no road into the region of Burhan, which is accessible only by boat. Tomorrow's update will include descriptions of each forest, like I've done with housing and armor (which I still need to finish).
word count: 49
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “City Archives”