Absence Thread 2.0

Come here to chat about things on and off topic.
Pepper
Race: Mixed Race
Renown: +15
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Templates
Medal count: 1

Contribution

Absence Thread 2.0

Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:51 pm

Hi

This is goodbye :) Shout out to Finn, Oracle and many others for making this a fun introduction to writing on RPG Forums.

Cheers
Pepper
word count: 25
Patrick
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Trouble
Renown: +300
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Player Review
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Medal count: 22

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Absence Thread 2.0

Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:20 am

Taking the week to work some things out in life, hopefully I should be back in to post in full volume by the weekend.
word count: 24
Seasonal Plans - Workshop - Rambles - Vlogs

"Freedom is everything."

Finnegan O'Connor
Approved Character
Profession: The Moglin
Renown: +146
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Medal count: 5

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Absence Thread 2.0

Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:47 pm

There are two parts to this absence notice.

First, I’ll be on holiday from the 10th of August until the 29th. Expect seriously reduced activity in that time.

Secondly, I will try to be wrapping up Finn’s story in August and don’t expect to make another character on ST afterward.

This may come as a surprise to some and less so to others (I don’t exactly keep track of who I’ve told I was aiming to slowly leave), but the essence should be clear: I intend to leave ST in the coming month or so. My intention is to wrap up stories wherever possible in that timeframe, and I won’t necessarily depart on the last day of August precisely. My aim is a soft exit in the friendliest way possible which means I might still log in after August in order to tie up loose ends.

Now, I want to be immediately clear that I am not leaving because of people or drama, in fact, I’d like to think I’ve managed to get along with everyone just fine on this site. I’ve greatly enjoyed my stay here and have had great fun writing all kinds of crazy stories, but in the end, I can’t deny that I’m yearning for something else.

To put it in grossly abstracted terms: my heart lies much more with low-fantasy and ST is or has gotten, for my tastes, too much high-fantasy. This is a gross generalization and I could easily write plenty more paragraphs to elaborate, but I’ll spare you the agony. My exact reasons are far more nuanced, but I can't put them down concisely (I've tried) and frankly, it's not really that important.

Again, I want to stress that I have had a great time here and don’t have any issues with anyone in particular. It’s just time for me to put my own ideas of what a forum RP like ST should be like, to the test, and that will require all my time and energy.

I’ll be fading away around late August but can always be reached on Discord still and hope to keep in touch!

Over and out.
word count: 379
Nir'wei
Approved Character
Race: Sev'ryn
Profession: Animal Handler of The Menagerie
Renown: +146
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Player Review
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Medal count: 9

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Absence Thread 2.0

Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:39 am

I'll be a little more absent than usual for the coming weeks as I prepare to unexpectedly move house.

Expect replies to come a few days slower than expected, but feel free to poke me on Discord, or send me a private message. I encourage it; I am forgetful.
word count: 50
Mute
Approved Character
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Medal count: 1

Contribution

Absence Thread 2.0

Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:18 am

I'm on vacation this week so my posting speed will be a little slower until Saturday. Time sensitive mod threads will still be gotten to, but my other ones might fall off for a bit.

Best,
Mute
word count: 38
Pegasus
Lore Analyst
Race: Prophet
Profession: Telling Stories!
Renown: -665
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Medal count: 31

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: Absence Thread 2.0

Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:25 pm

Hey, everyone,

Just to let you know - I'm going to be significantly dropping my activity as Pegasus until Monday. I'm around for emergencies, and I'll be posting on my pcs, but I just need a few days to do that - to focus on my pcs and write.

On Monday, I'm back to mod posting! Thank you all for your patience over the last few weeks. <3

~Peg x
word count: 72
Oracle
Storyteller - Staff
Storyteller - Staff
Renown: +500
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Medal count: 8

Featured

Contribution

Staff

Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:53 am

Hey all, so this isn't exactly a straight up absence but I wanted everyone to be aware that I am moving over to a new job next week and I'm not sure how much this is going to interfere with my time on Standing Trials. Hopefully I can retain my current level of activity but I wouldn't be surprised if for the next few weeks if I am around a bit less as I get settled in. I'll keep you all posted if I do feel that my activity is going to drop. Thanks!
word count: 98
"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves."
Office |Rharne| Rharne Lore | Rharne Development | Rharne Linkmap | Rharne OOC

If you like to request moderation please see the request form in my office, or simply contact me via pm.
Munchkin
Advocate - Staff (TL)
Advocate - Staff (TL)
Race: Mer
Profession: Advocate Team Lead
Renown: 0
Office
Medal count: 4

Contribution

Staff

Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:27 pm

Hey all,

So for any that don't know, I'm off to Uni on Thursday. I'll then have Freshers week, which means I'll be flakey for a while, so all my PC's (Ryder, Varlum, Ryqet and Rey'na) and my mod account are going to be inactive! If you need an Advocate send a message to Astronomy, and any messages I'll answer ASAP. Sorry for anyone kept waiting and please be patient with me <3
word count: 80
Pegasus
Lore Analyst
Profession: Telling Stories!
Renown: -665
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Medal count: 31

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:35 am

Hey all!

No big drama but I am very aware that I have, currently, too many balls in the air on ST. I need to get some things finished - and currently my PC posting is really suffering. So, I've made the decision today, after some thought that I'm going to take a week off as a Storyteller. I'm happy to keep up with admin stuff, and I'm going to throw myself into getting Desnind Lore on the Wiki because then, I will be able to tick that off my list and feel like I've got a bit of space.

What this means is that I'm not going to be posting as a mod this week. My apologies to those who are expecting modposts from me, but I really need the headspace. Other than Desnind Lore, I'm going to be focusing on my PCs.

Thanks for your understanding!

~Peg.
word count: 155

Return to “Discussion”