Ships, the sea and being a Biqaj

Please note: Answers in this archive may be out of date / things may have changed. Do not take for granted anything older than 6 months old. If in doubt - better to ask again.

Moderators: Staff, Peer Reviewer, Wiki Worker

Rubric
Race: Hyludin
Renown: 0
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Heya, just a quick question on the Biqaj, I noted that on the starting packages, but none of those options really seem to fit a Biqaj as they are written in the lore. I also not that none of the packages let you start with a ship (although I assume as a starting character its unlikely a youthful Biqaj would have their own ship), but there is also no cost of ships or berth on ships in the price list.

After reading the lore thoroughly I think I might be starting off with a Biqaj and I just hoped to get a little clarification on how that will work. Obviously, I can see that the price list, as with much of the site is a work in progress.
word count: 128
Jade
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Profession: Prophet
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Hey there Rubric!

Because there isn't enough information up regarding ship types and costs yet, this might be something that will have to get approved through the Narrator Support Forum depending on what and where you want your character to start off at. The staff is currently working on adding mounts, transportation, and ships to the price list as well as updating the starting packs with the appropriate packages for all characters. Because it'll take some time for this to happen, I would suggest writing up your character sheet for now and exclude all starting packages from your sheet. When you've completed everything, minus your items/ledger, post a link in the Narrator Support Forum explaining this issue and we'll provide you with the appropriate items and costs for what your character will/should need.

Keep a look out for any changes to the starting packages though! Since you let me know about this, I'm definitely going to notify the other staff and see if we can get one made for sailor type characters ASAP.
word count: 180
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”J.R.R. Tolkien
Rubric

Hey again, I sat to write the character out last night and my Biqaj last night and I made some good progress. I could see a naming guide for them anywhere so I went with something that looked on compared with the few Rakahi words I saw, Akios Re'ketan.

Anyway a further issue I ran into is a lack of combat skills, I don't intend for Akios to be a major combatant but I cant see a swordplay, or a spear use skill on the skill list. Just to make you all aware as I'm sure sword/axe/spear play with be brought up by someone more serious about combat soon enough.

Anyway on with the writing.
word count: 120
Jade
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Profession: Prophet
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

You can list any weapon for Armed Combats. So the skill on your character sheet will look like... Weapon: Axe or Armed Combats (Spear). Either one gets the idea across. However, if your character specialized in two different weapons, they must be listed separately. So you may have Weapon: Axe, Weapon: Spear.

As far as your name goes, that's fine! I've been in the works with building a Rakahi language generator and getting the sailor pack permanently up on the board but all of it will get done soon. Just remember that your character name has to be your username.
word count: 102
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”J.R.R. Tolkien
Rubric

It shall be as soon as I submit the character.
word count: 10
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Q&A Archive”