Hello from me!

Please stop in here and introduce yourself to the community! We'd love to get to know you!

Moderator: Staff

Rubric
Race: Hyludin
Renown: 0
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Hello from me!

Hello! I'm Paul and I am a Role Player and a habitual writer of odd stories and weird dreams. I should start by saying that I have not really used templates in posting before so I shall have to look into that so that my posts may be as pretty as those that I have seen on the site.

● Have you roleplayed before? If so, where? If you have, how long have you been roleplaying for?

Yes, beyond roleplays at the tabletop such as DnD, Talislanta, Wow, WFRP, Cyberpunk and a lot of White Wolf titles, I have also done more than my fair share of live action roleplaying. I've written for a large setting in the past for a larp society and run several tabletop games. In the past I have written on some other rp sites (mostly world of darkness or cyberpunk) but not so much of late.

● Do you have any nicknames you go by? Is there a name you prefer people to call you?

Well I really prefer Paul but I have in the past been known as Laspen or in Online Gaming as Jubbles.

● What are some of your most favorite characters you've made? They can be from MMORPGs, Video Games, etc.

So I have quite a few favourite characters from the past but I suppose to name a few. Most recently first:

I played a Werewolf named Douglas 'Doug' Reid whose original character concept was “What happens when bad boys grow up”. Doug was a quintessentially an angry young Scotsman, and a thug, who changed one day and discovered a reason why he was different, why he was angry and eventually has to find a way to live with what he was.

During his play time, he found a Pack to run with, he found in that pack the social dynamic he needed to survive and something akin to the family and understanding he had never had. He remained a brutal and unrepentant monster until the day he heroically died (along with half of his pack on a suitable epic quest to meet his tribal totem). Really what made this character for me was the uncompromising nature of our group of players amongst the pack, it was without a doubt the most rewarding rp I have had the pleasure of enjoying and I miss it a lot. The group dynamic, the gusto of the players in what was a long and quite intensive chronicle and our group willingness to live by our own self set motto of “Go Big or Go Home” led to the most carefree and deep rp I have achieved. I can say with some pride that when that pack died, each and every one of us whose characters died to achieve the goal were totally happy with the ending, and those who had to go on without our character and form a new pack were out of character devastated but also incredibly proud of the tale we told.

From the serious and cool to the silly but immensely enjoyable.

Back in my earliest days of roleplaying someone introduced me to Cyberpunk 2020 and I was hooked in an instant. I played a character in the Media class who was named Rameses T Eisenhower, a self styled punk news hub reporter who claimed to be the only source of the “Gritty Truth of the Streets,” with his pirate TV channel RAMAVISION, ALL ACTION NEWS. This character was not only a fearless and reckless Gonzo journalist who literally ran into the front lines of gang and corporate violence with camera and microphone but also a shrewd conman who at times was able to play on his media credibility to get the group where it needed to be and gain us access to the most protected of facilities on the grounds of “Freedom of the Megacity Press”.

I could go on all day really but I will only speak about one more for now. A character I have played for a few years now in my first field LARP, a game set in the Warhammer 40k Rogue trader universe where I currently play a heavily augmented cyborg tech priest named Fabricator Borras, who boasts to all of the fleshy folks around him that he has achieved 88% total upgrade from the flesh. He is a kind, intelligent and somewhat amusing deadpan intellectual who can build almost anything given the time and enough sacred unguents and consecrated tools.

● Is there anything you're excited about when it comes to the Standing Trials RP? Anything that you're concerned with?

Well to be honest I quite like the idea of being involved with something like this more or less on the ground floor and I really want to get back into some forms of fantasy Rp as it feels like its been an age since I wrote for the genre. So far I have no outstanding concerns.

● Do you consider yourself skilled in something (Art for example), if so, what is it? Do you have a favorite hobby besides RPing?

I'm quite good at chess, I draw a bit and I very much enjoy organising events. That being said my number one hobby outside of Roleplaying is PC gaming, and for the moment I am very distracted with Heroes of the Storm.

● What is something unique about you?

I'm a huge fan of detective series, Columbo being my very favourite, but I do like Poirot a lot as well. Despite myself I can't disguise the fact I enjoy a good period drama, though Downton Abbey has done nothing for me. I prefer Star Trek to Wars and Tolkien to Potter. My movie guilty pleasures are Hackers (Johnny Lee Miller and Angelina Jolie with the excellent Fisher Stevens), and any movie with Steven Seagal ( a man who is always past his prime in every movie, ex CIA, ex SEAL, ex Marine, ex cop, ex Environmental Scientist (not a joke)). I love the writings of H. P. Lovecraft, Terry Pratchett, John LeCarre, Hunter S Thompson, Phillip K Dick.

I think the best TV show ever made is HBO's Wire but anything and everything that they make is exceptionally watchable.

I am a Scottish man from the land of Scotland, which is a vibrant and lovely country within the United Kingdom, though we are a very rainy place from time to time. I should say now that I will be actively annoying the pedants amongst you by spelling the word such as 'colour', 'centre' and 'favourite' correctly (in my country anyway!).

Anyway, I suppose that's about enough to be getting on with. I have been watching the Vlogs the Staff have made and have started my journey reading through the site, I hope to have started a character as soon as possible.
word count: 1142
Shards
Prophet of Old
Race: Mer
Office

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Hello from me!

Hey Paul! Just to preface this welcome post, I kinda unconsciously read your post with a Scottish accent in my head.

But welcome!!

Great to hear about the various characters you have developed, with quite diverse genres too. Hopefully ST will provide you another good yarn to tell in the future. Looking forward to seeing your character up!
word count: 58
Jade
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Profession: Prophet
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Hello from me!

Heya Paul! Welcome, welcome!

It's so exciting to see another new member on the site, especially when we've only been open for a little bit! You're in no rush to figure everything out. The post templates can take some time to learn but experimenting with the code will help you grasp how they work. Also there are people on the site that can help you with stuff like that, so don't worry to much about the templates. :D

If you want any help or have any questions, don't be afraid to post in the Q&A forum. The lore can be a bit difficult to read through and understand so just let us know if you need us!

Also, I have to agree with Shards, you've got very interesting characters there. Can't wait to see what you develop with us!
word count: 146
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”J.R.R. Tolkien
Rubric
Race: Hyludin

Hello from me!

Thanks for the warm welcome, I plan to have a good read through the Lore on the site tomorrow, spent a good bit of tonight listening to the Hangouts posted in the Vlogs section. I have some ideas for characters in the back of my head but I suppose the reading should come first!
word count: 54
Maltruism
General Staff
Race: Prophet
Profession: "Mastermind"
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Hello from me!

WELCOME!!
Hey there!
I'm glad to see you mention your willingness to embrace character death.
That fits right into my plans should you decide to play in Etzos.

MWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!! ;)
word count: 41
Dementia
Prophet of Old
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Versifier
Office

Contribution

Miscellaneous

Hello from me!

Welcome Paul! I hope you won't mind if I encourage you to come and play in southern Idalos! It's good to see another player here. c:
word count: 28
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “The Welcome Wagon”