[Viden Academy: Scalvoris Campus] Viva

50th of Ashan 717

A satellite of the prestigious Viden Academy, this collaborative effort has truly been successful on Scalvoris and many great inventions and discoveries are made on a regular basis!

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

[Viden Academy: Scalvoris Campus] Viva

Thread Done!

Story: 5/5
Collaboration: 5/5
Structure:5/5

Knowledge:
Business Management: Local materials are only cost effective locally.
Etiquette: Academic pride must be considered.
Etiquette: How to ask for a mentor
Logistics: Knowing your limits is key to effectiveness
Logistics: Juggling too many things can cause a loss of focus
Physics: Applied thermodynamics
Physics: Application of gravity
Physics: Mechanisms to control flow of liquid
Physics: Application of theory to real problems
Physics: Properties of metals
Rhetoric: Giving clear explanations

Fame: +5 (Gaining a diploma in physics gives you street cred in nerdville)
Loots: +1 Mentor, +1 Diploma of Science in Physics from the Viden Academy (Scalvoris Campus)

+2 abilities from Xypha gained for this level of Qual:
Identify
By observing or hearing a gestured or verbal language, the Favored Xypha instinctively knows the name of the language and the region where it is most commonly used. Additionally, this allows the Xypha to know the place from which the speaker hails as well. Often used for determining intent, this ability does not allow the Xypha to understand the language, if they do not already know it.

Perfect Copy
Communication and Language are important domains to Yvithia, and with this ability the Favored Xypha can accurately copy any document he or she has ever read, whether they remember the exact details or not. This also transcends language barriers, so that they may write what the document said, even if they have no real knowledge of the language. They cannot understand what they've written, but instead regurgitate the information verbatim.

Comment:
Great fun! I don't know quite how I can say that about a physics thread, but I really enjoy the relationship between Professor Dashiell and Padraig. They seem both polar opposites and kindred spirits all in one, which is really fun. Thank you for the accessible way you wrote the science bits of this whilst still making it obvious that Padraig knows his stuff. I'm glad that he was unnerved by her having his forms already filled out - it made me chuckle. You know the way it works ~ if you've got any questions, or feel that I've missed anything, just let me know!

word count: 369
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “University of Scalvoris (Viden Academy)”