• Out of Character • Let The Next Issue be Raised!

For all your OOC chat and venting

This area is unmoderated. Please click on "Forum Rules" at the top of this page or go to the "Unmoderated Areas" forum to see the rules for playing here.

Moderator: Basilisk Snek

Noth
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Monster
Renown: -370
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Let The Next Issue be Raised!

Are we crushing Maltruisms toes?

Hold up, I'll use my Sesame Street contacts to score an ACME piano.

Despite what your signature says, the only place you're going is Down. :twisted:
word count: 32

Credit to Pegasus

As a note: Noth is a Grandmaster in Intimidation. That means that he's at least as scary as the Count from Sesame Street. Beware.

"The tyrant confuses those he can't convince, corrupts those he can't confuse, and crushes those he can't corrupt." - Anonymous
Nightshade Eld
Approved Character
Profession: The Best Hero
Renown: 485
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

So. I've been looking through the Etzos information lately and something came to mind.

First of all, with the making of the smaller towns surrounding Etzos I think we need a definitive list of travel times since I know myself and a couple other players have argued these. I've been told that it would take me somewhere between 3 and 12 days to travel to Fosters Landing, and obviously, this makes it a bit difficult how to judge my travel time in the season. It's especially difficult for a winged character like myself as most travel times are considered for characters who would be on foot or mounted, I have literally no clue as to how long some of these trips might take for me.
word count: 128
Common ~ Ith'Ession ~ Lorien
Dear Mods,
Mod bombs are welcomed and encouraged!
Maltruism
General Staff
Race: Prophet
Profession: "Mastermind"
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Okay, fair question.

Etzos to Foster's (or vice versa) will take a healthy person, maintaining a good pace, 10 days, a small or weak person 12.
I'm figuring a walking horse to be more or less the same.
Obviously trotting or galloping is going to affect this. If you ride a horse to death, It'd probably take 3 days.
A reasonable horseman will take 5 days.
A boat up river to Etzos also takes 6 days, as this is against the current.
Going with the current to Foster's takes 3 days by boat.

Now, the road between Etzos and Foster's follows the river, so it is not a straight line. As the crow flies would take a day or two off the listed times, depending on the resolve of the traveler. I would say just figure that as a base for intra-town travel.

A few other helpful examples, figure:
  • 4 days' walk from Westguard to Muster or Muster to Southguard
  • 3 days' walk between Crosston, Bolstrum and Darington
  • 5 days' walk from Bolstrum to Middlecleft
  • 8 days' walk from Middlecleft to Relay
the river with the four towns on it, also run to the sea, in this case, Ne'Haer.
By boat, down river with the current, figure 2 days from Westguard to Southguard; 1 day for each trip to the next town downriver.
Up river, double the times.

I remember there was talk of the need for flying mounts to keep up with other cities.
Well, it's not that I'm opposed to the idea. But in response...
Every town has a Rupturing portal available.
  • Admittedly they are only meant to be used by those with membership in, or strong connection to, the military or Black Guard. Exceptions would be made for emergencies, (or bribes).
Horses and other land mounts will get you from town to neighboring town in a day or two most of the time.
I am open to the development of some flying mount fairly unique to the area.
But for now you can assume that Sighs are being domesticated for such use.
Ownership is only through the Point Bank, and must then be explained through rp.
word count: 368
Patrick
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Trouble
Renown: 575
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Hey there Etzos!

First off I wanted to just say that this place is in need of more mayhem (via sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll) so bring it!
Just kidding.

Anyways Patrick will be visiting for a bit of the season so I'm taking days for threads after the 1st! Would like to know who's down for a bit of trouble before he heads south for the city of Ne'haer.
word count: 74
"Freedom is everything."

NPCs Renown Rolls Timeline Influences Pantheons Trove Property Workshop Rambles Vlogs
Noth
Approved Character
Profession: Monster
Renown: -370
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Patty! I haven't seen you since you died in that Global.

Would definitely love having you stop by and chat... we could discuss so much. :P
word count: 26

Credit to Pegasus

As a note: Noth is a Grandmaster in Intimidation. That means that he's at least as scary as the Count from Sesame Street. Beware.

"The tyrant confuses those he can't convince, corrupts those he can't confuse, and crushes those he can't corrupt." - Anonymous
Patrick
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Oh I heavily agree my dear friend! I've heard you have a special pair of gloves that might come in handy this season, so stick close when the lion starts to roar this season. ;) And also if you're interested in another treasure hunt with less killing between us, you should definitely keep in touch with Patrick as he prepares for a trip down south of Etzos!
word count: 68
"Freedom is everything."

NPCs Renown Rolls Timeline Influences Pantheons Trove Property Workshop Rambles Vlogs
Doran
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Alchemist
Renown: 1162
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Hey, Patrick! Want to thread?
word count: 5

Mutations

N/A

Blessings

N/A

Worn Items

Ring of Reversal
Ring of Immunity
Patrick
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Um, hell yeah! What are we doing? What trouble can Patrick bring to you? Pm me or nudge me on Discord buddy, I'm eager to get some threads going!!
word count: 30
"Freedom is everything."

Guillermos
Approved Character
Renown: 22
Character Sheet

Milestones

Miscellaneous

'Ellolo all you lovely troublemakers,

Guillermos just arrived in Etzos, a kind soul with an inquisitive mind and bleeding heart. So let's have some fun and dissect him!!

Kind soul: He's a good guy, I know, what's he doing in Etzos right?! But seriously, he's too quick to believe sobstories and even quicker to help out others. How can that be used in stories? Well, I don't mind him (at all) getting conned, deceived and backstabbed by others and getting into all sorts of trouble because of it. So feel free to either make him an ally, an enemy, a temporary asset or even a mark!

Inquisitive mind: He's a journalist of profession and loves a good case to sink his teeth into, whether it's for on the job - even though he doesn't have one in Etzos yet- or off the record. If you need something found, solved or you're going on a treasure hunt (Yes, that searing hot dot on your forehead is me looking at you Patrick! ^^) Then Guillermos is all for it!

Bleeding heart: His main reason for being in Etzos, to expand his network and gather more scraps of information regarding the disappearance of his parents. While the original lead that caused him to travel to Etzos still has to be written out IC'ly, I have plans, big plans, y'hear?! So if you feel like you want to become a part of said network, even possibly work with him in some stories on obtaining said bits & pieces of info. Let me know!

I'm always open for messages here, through forum PM and Discord!

Looking SO forward to writing with you all, so please msg me if any of the above (and even if they're not and you want to go a completely different route) is something that interests you!

Toodles.
word count: 317
Maltruism
General Staff
Race: Prophet
Profession: "Mastermind"
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Patrick,
It is only a single gauntlet Noth possesses, but it is indeed special.
And Doran is largely responsible for its creation.

I welcome your collective mischief. :twisted:

Guillermos, there is work available at "Imp Pressions", the 2nd entry in the Location, Location, Location topic. Garret Langley, the owner, is the operator of the medieval-level equipment there, but there is always a need for an investigator to provide new subject matter, or confirm rumors. It's certainly possible that clues that could aid a personal agenda could crop up.

I will warn you though, there is a PC that is technically holding that job. However, he has neither completed his CS nor done anything to let me know that he is still playing after being apparently absent for 3 months. Nor does he allow his visits to be recorded on his profile page, so I have no idea if he is even logging in. I am content to let someone else take his job. Should he return, we can figure that Mr. Langley has decided he needs a second investigator on his payroll.
word count: 183
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Western: Etzos”