City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Knowledge Per Race & City (WIP)

Really helpful, Malt - thanks! It's true, you know, you are a treasure.

And I like the human knowledge idea too - sort of a "pick from all of the above depending on the CS"? I like it, but I'd like to hear from Rumour and Golem as the ones currently doing the majority of CS reviews.

EDIT: Also - do we want to publish this to players and ask them to put it in their CS pre-approval? That way CS reviewers just have to check it, where there are choices to be made, the player makes them and it gives the new player examples of how knowledge is laid out. Just a thought.
word count: 114
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~
Current Status:
Working on a New User Guide - feel free to feed back in the thread!
Whisper
Profession: Storyteller
Renown: 394
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

I'm concerned about the doubling up of Knowledge, if it is about keeping it all to the same number (6 is what has been suggested). i.e. an aukari in Rharne will get "Immortal: Faldrun" twice (ergo one is ignored) whereas if they started in... Scalvoris, they wouldn't get that Immortal twice, they would get a different knowledge. If it's about fairness then maybe we need to re-evaluate?
word count: 72
Golem
Prophet of Old
Race: Mer
Renown: -1000
Templates

Contribution

Miscellaneous

Events

It was my impression that these are not mandatory.

Unless something in their CS states otherwise, they would earn many of these, but I thought that it would be more like "Aukari in Rharne? Give them X number of knowledges between these two lists"
word count: 44
Whisper
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Golem wrote:It was my impression that these are not mandatory.

Unless something in their CS states otherwise, they would earn many of these, but I thought that it would be more like "Aukari in Rharne? Give them X number of knowledges between these two lists"
Ah... see I'm definitely of the same impression but I'm concerned that some players might feel... that an injustice has been brought upon them if Jimmy gets 10 Knowledge and they only get 8 or 9. Petty, sure, but... somewhat valid, perhaps?

OOOOOOOOHHHH Maybe.. and maybe this is overcomplicating it a bit, (but when have we ever cared about that?! haha!!) We make a list of ten Knowledge for each Race/City. 2 or 3 from each are mandatory and then a player has the option of in additional X number from the list provided, in line with their back story. And, if they have history where they lived in another city, they have the option of taking some from that city too, but everyone still starts with 12 (or whatever number).
word count: 180
Golem
Prophet of Old
Templates

Contribution

Miscellaneous

Events

There's no set number as it is-

we can award any number of knowledges (supposed to be between 2-8 I believe). This is up to the reviewer, based upon detail and effort in the CS creation. I know I've definitely gone over by giving out the basic, "Location: Andaris" type stuff, but CS rewards aren't even for everyone. I've seen CSes with less than 300 words in the history section that are NOT gonna get full rewards. I've seen others with over 1500. I see these rewards as falling under the same category, just adding to the list of ones to choose from.

My stance is that I wouldn't worry about it being fair and even, but instead focus on making sure there are knowledges relevant from each city and race. Your proposal sounds good, but does make things rather complicated for reviewing and approving CS purposes.
word count: 154
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread

So Golem / Rumour - would you rather

a) that this is two lists (city and race) which you can pick and choose from in your CS rewards?

b) that this is two lists given to players as "auto knowledge" for all (which would be where having X number might come in?)

c) that this is two lists given to players who, after approval as part of their rewards are told they can pick X number out of the list given?

Let me know, then I can structure accordingly. :D
word count: 87
Current Status:
Golem
Prophet of Old
Templates

Contribution

Miscellaneous

Events

Personally, I'd prefer either a or c. B would add quite bit of fact checking, while a and c are rather easy to handle.
word count: 25
Whisper
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

I thought this was additional Starting Package (SP) options on top of the CS Awards we give out when we approve CSes?
word count: 22
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread

I believe so, Whisper - but I just want to clarify that it's being structured in such a way that the people who'll do the majority of the CS checking are happy with it. Since they'll be implementing it - and should be able to determine if there's a reason why someone gets less of these. I imagine most people, most of the time, will get these on top of their usual CS rewards, but there might be a time when someone doesn't, for some reason.
word count: 89
Current Status:
Whisper
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Okay! Awesome, as long as it isn't replacing the other stuff, but is an addition. Well Option "C" would be my choice (I know you didn't ask me but.. you know me, I have an opinion about everything!)
word count: 40
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “City Archives”