• Solo • [Venora] Embrace the Pain Pt 1.

Andras trains by being tortured.

The seven Duchies of Central Rynmere and their respective baronies, cities, towns, villages, and landmarks each overseen by a Duke of one of the seven noble families and ultimately controlled by the King of Rynmere.
Andráska Venora
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Political Figurehead
Renown: 247
Character Sheet
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

[Venora] Embrace the Pain Pt 1.

20th of Cylus, 717
“A-are you sure this is okay?”

The servant was anxious, fidgeting like a rabbit in a cage, wide eyed and scared. In his hands were a number of apparatuses and the table next to him held a tray of dubious vials and syringes. Meanwhile, Andráska was squirming in a chair, already pressing his wrists into a restraint and buckling in. His feet were the first to be secured and he was mostly naked, save for the pair of dark briefs that covered his manhood. He grinned nervously at the other man, “It's fine; I promise.”

The servant, Kenneth, didn't look convinced, “But...m'lord... isn't it illegal to do this to you?” Perhaps he was being too forward with asking, but what the young noble was requesting was dangerous.

Andras was finishing up the restraint and settling his other arm into the next leather hold, looking up with a light smile, “Kenneth, if I could choose anyone else and put your mind at ease, I would. But it has to be you.”

Ken shuffled the items in his hand, trying to set down rags and not drop a wooden club that threatened to spill from his arms. His expression was pained when he answered. He had no qualms against the young knight, “Yes, m'lord.”

“Look,” Andras said, waiting for Ken to come over and finish tying him down, “You're the physician. If anything goes wrong, you can save my life.”

Ken kept quiet, organizing the items and tightening the last buckle. It wasn't unforgivably tight, but it wasn't loose either, “I'm a knight, Ken. Perhaps an Ourorboro Guard. I need to train my body for situations like this. For... torture,” Andras had told himself the same lie so many times, even he was beginning to believe it, “There are still those that serve the rebels. If I run into a few and they want intel, I have to make sure I die with my mouth shut, or can survive long enough to escape.”

Ken's face changed slightly, looking a touch more understanding. Andras had to keep convincing him this was morally alright, “Do it for the country, Ken.”

A long pause followed but the servant relented, pushing his shoulders back and chasing away fears. He nodded and began to prep a syringe, turning into the doctor Andras knew he could be,. While he waited, the noble looked around the enclosed cell. It was damp and smelled like urine. The walls had a slimy sheen and he could hear the whimpering of other prisoners from down the hall. A far cry from the beauty of Venora and soft music that played in the rooms above.

This was a place he could very well end up. If he continued down his path of aiming to kill his father... he had to think of all the possibilities. He had to be strong enough to survive anything.

“We are going to begin with an injection of Buzz,” Ken stepped forward slightly, flicking the glass and looking at Andras with sad eyes, “This will enhance your pain. It's common in interrogation and...” The last word was unspoken, but he knew what he meant. Torture.

“Sounds good,” he answered, trying to mentally prep himself.

Ken found the spot on Andras' arm that worked and began to count. One. Two. Three.

The needle pierced his forearm, the liquid spreading within his muscles and Andras winced. Ken finished the injection and set aside the needle. It felt like a regular shot at first, making Andras arch a brow.

“So far, so good,” he started, “That wasn't so...” he stopped, his eyes flying to his arm. There was a warm ache building, the subtle feeling far too reminiscent of the many times he felt drugs take their effect. Except this time... it started as a small itch, but soon, the injection site began to burn and sting. Andráska was very aware of the pinprick of blood that dribbled down his arm, “Fast acting, innit?”

The joke didn't seem to help his sudden nervousness. What had he gotten himself into?
Last edited by Andráska Venora on Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 706
Andráska Venora
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Political Figurehead
Renown: 247
Character Sheet
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

20th of Cylus, 717
Ken continued his examination, pinching Andras' thighs and biceps, monitoring the man's reaction. Each simple squeeze felt more like a small electric shock that pulsed through the area of contact. Andráska held his breath, pressing his lips together to keep from grunting. First time using the chemical and he was... .sensitive.

“Buzz is fast acting... Let's the torture continue as quickly as possible without interruption,” Ken muttered, grabbing the club and positioning himself before Andras. They had reviewed the agenda of what was to happen down here, and now it was time to stay on schedule. Allowing only a bit for protest, Ken closed his eyes and slammed his weapon into Andráska's shins.

The pain was so unexpected... so explosive, it shocked Andráska and made him scream, cutting the sound off with a growl as his hands clenched the arm rests and fought the restraints.

“Shall I continue, m'lord?”

It took the green eyed youth a long moment to catch his breath and mentally regulate the pain in his mind, but when he felt that he was getting a grip on things, he grumbled a yes. Another immediate thwack bounced off the walls and racked the bones of his legs, the vibration digging to his core. Followed by more screaming and gritted teeth, Andráska was becoming very familiar with the feelings Buzz provided, each nerve in his body waking up and on high alert. He had to close his eyes to try and disassociate himself with the room, but it proved quite the task. His legs were on fire, and when the next blow landed, he shook from pain, gasping.

“An interesting fact, m'lord, to... distract you?”

Andráska's throat was clenched tightly shut and he only looked up at Ken, biting his lip and his voice was already raw, “Please.”

“The nerves in your shin can be dulled; it allows for less pain, and stronger potential kicks.” Somehow it didn't help as much as Andráska had hoped, and he exhaled.

“Is this going to kill them?”

Ken shuffled his feet, “No, m'lord. It would take repeated assault, over a longer period of time. If we did this... everyday, then yes.”

Honestly, Andras didn't even want to continue anything now, but his quiet focus was a signal to the servant, who brought the club down with strict aggression, this time not on his leg, but his arm.

His scream was louder this time, the location unexpected, and another one immediately followed. There was little reprieve for Andráska, who bucked against the harnesses and was beginning to feel more and more like he was actually a captive. Kenneth had started to take his role more seriously, slapping the club down on the table and grabbing a lever on the side of the chair. The legs lifted and the head dropped, leaving him laying down with is head inclined backwards. With medical professionalism, Ken retrieved something from the table, this time its identity unknown.

Andras could no longer see his movements clearly, and was forced to look at the ceiling. Somehow hearing the sterile footsteps was unnerving, even with the simulation. The scene was... real. The pain certainly was. “We will begin waterboarding now.”

Which is? Andras had a vague idea. It was a drowning simulation. But he was unaware of how it was done. Kenneth approached his right side and placed a rag over his face. The fabric was scratchy against his sensitive skin, and he heard the sound of a rusted knob being turned and slow running water.
Something slithered across the floor, and fear settled into Andraska's chest. There was... a paper being unfolded?

“What's your name?”

“Don't know,” Andráska said stubbornly, remembering the list of questions they had written down together. It was to add to the interrogation effect, to see if he could push through the pain and mentally stay focused, “Don't have one.”

He wanted to come up with a better lie, but his body still screamed and the unknown movements of the servants was already conditioning him. Ken followed their preset instructions and water began to drip onto the cloth, being absorbed and trapped over his skin. It was cold, made icy and unbearable by the Buzz. Panic began to settle into the noble, as more was poured over his face, “John! My name's John!” The water increased, smothering the the rag and soaking it. Water began seeping through the cloth and when he inhaled, it blocked his nostrils and mouth.

Survival instinct started kicking in, and he threw his head from side to side, in hopes to shake the cloth, but the it gripped his cheeks and nose, liquid seeping through and into his mouth as he gasped desperately. He would have kicked had his legs not been secured, and he was running out of air. He couldn't scream, curse, or beg for mercy. A terrible alarm sounded in his mind, and he had to ask himself: How well did he really know Ken? Could... he actually want him dead?

Far away from help or reason, Andráska Venora was drowning.
Last edited by Andráska Venora on Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 880
Rumour
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Staff

Events

Name: Andraska Venora

Knowledge:
Kenneth (NPC): Servant
Kenneth (NPC): Doctor
Kenneth (NPC): Torturer
Drug: Buzz
Buzz: A liquid drug that enhances pain
Buzz: Commonly used in torture and interrogation
Buzz: Burns and stings at entry
Buzz: Fast acting drug
Torture: How to set up and use chair restraints
Torture: Use drugs to enhance pain
Torture (Technique): Waterboarding
Interrogation: Use drugs to elicit information
Discipline: Grit your teeth to keep your physical reactions contained
Discipline: How to use pauses to regain control
Endurance: How to disassociate yourself from the present moment to decrease sensations of pain
Endurance: Dulling the nerves in your limbs allows for less pain
Resistance: Increased familiarity with a drug improves the body’s resistance to it
Deception: Telling a lie while in pain is far more difficult
Leadership: A good leader provides clear instructions
Persuasion: A moral cause can sometimes be more persuasive than a personal one

Loot: Please deduct the cost of the syringe, leather buckles, and Buzz from your ledger.
Injuries: Dark bruises on your shins and your arms that last between 15-20 trials, immediate shock from the waterboarding experience, and intermittent flashbacks to being waterboarded during the next few seasons.
Fame: +2 for supporting a popular cause (the Kingdom's fight against the Qe'dreki)
Devotion: N/A

Story: 5/5
Collaboration: 0/5
Structure: 5/5
- - -
Comments: Oh man. This was grim. Grim, but really, really good. I always love reading your threads, Andraska, and this one was no exception. Your portrayal of Andraska's reaction to the drug, the torture, and the waterboarding was very well done. I also enjoyed the interactions between Andras & Kenneth (that poor servant!). I would like to see some follow-up threads because of the effects that I would expect it to have on his mental state. Andras is getting real dark!

As a side note, this is a friendly reminder to deduct your Cylus 717 expenses from your ledger.

Overall, an excellent read. I'm looking forward to your next one!

If you feel I've missed anything or if you have questions about your review, please don't hesitate to send me a quick PM. Thanks!
word count: 370

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."
Office | Rharne | Rharne Lore | Lightning Knights | Thunder Priestesses | Merchants Guild
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Duchies”