[Krome] The Household

Xander checks in on his Household.

The seven Duchies of Central Rynmere and their respective baronies, cities, towns, villages, and landmarks each overseen by a Duke of one of the seven noble families and ultimately controlled by the King of Rynmere.
Xander Andaris
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Single father | Duke of Andaris
Renown: 142
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

[Krome] The Household

Cylus 30th, Arc 717

He sat in the window frame of the hearth room, watching the outside world. The snow had paused earlier, giving the world some respite and time to leave the house. Now, however, it was back, falling in a flurry across the back gardens of the Northern Krome House. The white sheets it laid down covered the dead vegetation that was freezing beneath it, freezing like he had been last night for the few breaks while his fire had gone out. He and Badon had managed to get it going again but at the loss of comfort as he had left the comfort of his sheets to do so. Luckily the fire here had been lit early in the morning and so it was warm, warm enough that he could sit without a coat or any blanket. He was warmer than usual, he had just been practising with his sword. He had been recalling the moves taught to him by Doran, making sure he could remember them all and attempting to perfect them. This had caused his body to heat up and hence the lack of a need for extra layers.

He could have sat and watched the snow fall all day, especially as he was warm and comfortable. Yet, he had to make sure the servants were doing as they had been instructed. They were meant to be preparing for the first light of Ashan, he had ordered them to prepare a large meal for him and his family as well as the special Andaris guest. It was important that they celebrate the return of the light to the dark and cool world. It was true that Xander liked the cold but even he missed light, an absence of light made life hard and more depressing. The cold on the other hand, that was good to keep you from overheating when exercising and also the cold air seemed to be good for your lungs, almost like it cleansed them.

So, he stood from the window ledge and headed for the kitchens. He of course would not announce himself, he would rather sneak in and see what they were really doing. If they knew he was coming they could pretend to be conducting their assigned tasks, when they didn't they could only be caught. He slipped through the door and into the kitchen, not a huge one but adequate for the size of the household. Cannie and Ilrae were both stood by the counters working hard by the looks of things, labouring away to make the dinner for the household. Xander walked over to them and clasped them on their shoulders examining the vegetables they were peeling. He was no expert in the art of peeling a potato but it looked good as could be. "Jolly good, you two never seize to amaze me with your hard work. You do as I wish and for that I respect you, now continue don't let me distract you." He nodded and stepped back from the two allowing them to continue with their work.

Next up was Elisa and Helart, the two were usually reliable and he could count on them. However, he was surprised today to find them stood at the bottom of the stairs with each other. Xander had been drawn in by the sound of giggling, unexpected of course and then he found them. He appeared to be flirting with her and on another occasion he would not mind if the slaves wished to do so. However, this was not in their own time and he had in fact told the boy he needed to take care of his father. The same for the girl, he was sure they would need their servants to get ready for a meal. His parents were not as simple as himself. "You two, I told you to go and help my parents with getting ready for the meal." He glared at them, disappointment in his eyes.

"In future I hope you will do as I say, I hate to punish you as you are better servants than many that could be taken." He looked from one to the other and shrugged. "Next time it won't be so light, I trust you as you should me we are a unit and we only work when all are pulling their weight." He was sure they should know this by now but they were young and young minds were easily distracted especially by the prospects of romance. He had few such issues, his mind was too busy with plotting how to take over krome than to find a girl. Although, he might take a wife soon if the offer was beneficial enough for this lord with great aspirations. "Go on now, scram, to work." He beckoned them up the stairs to get to work on the Baron and Baroness of the house.

Xander shook his head a little as he continued his round of the house, he would need to keep a better eye on them in future. Although they did seem to have realised their mistakes, he hoped that this would not be a frequent occurrence. He wouoldn't check on Boldrick as he knew the man was not of much use this time of year and in fact Xander had not given him any work today. The only other people he might check on were Enar and Badon, except Xander knew he would have no problems with Badon. The friend and father like figure had always respected him and known his place. However, Xander searched the house besides his parents rooms and could not find Enar.

He did, however come across Badon, the man was in the hall as usual in case he was needed at the door or called upon by someone in the house. "Badon, have you seen Enar? I asked him to prepare the table for dinner but he is not there and the table is not laid." He looked at the older man curious as to where the boy could be. He knew his father had shown a strange interest in him recently and he worried for the weak young boy. "I think he was with your father, he requested him personally." Badon did not seem to share the concerns of Xander. He, however, was worried and the boy in his mind was under his protection. He may be a slave but that boy is still a person like himself and although he is owned he should not be put into a situation like he feared he may be now.

So with a nod to Badon he took to the stairs, making his way up and to the bedroom in which his father resides. He knocked quickly, not waiting for a reply before entering. He knew it was rude and he should really have waited but he war worried and he had not thought straight. He also did not find what he had expected, upon opening the door he found Helart helping Jersey into his over coat and Enar rummaging through a trunk in search of something. Xander eyed the room curiously and his gaze soon locked with his father's. It appeared nothing wrong was happening and in fact Jersey looked rather unhappy about Xander's intrusion. A scowl over his face as he looked at his son. Xander met the face with a pleasant smile and a dip of his head before slipping back out of the room. He was still suspicious but that had revealed nothing and instead he felt a fool, even if he could rest easier now as it did not appear his father was going to be taking advantage of anyone this trial.

Xander still wasn't sure as he headed down the stairs again, he had done his rounds and it appeared nearly everyone was doing their jobs. So that was one good sign it appeared the servants were listening to him but he couldn't keep the ideas of his father crossing his mind. Xander did not trust the man and he thought of him as a bumbling oaf one that had grown exponentially more stupid and obnoxious with age. Xander sat at the bottom of the stairs thinking about the future, if his suspicions about his father were correct he would have no qualms with one day dispatching him and also his mother, her for different reasons, in order to achieve his goals.

Xander actually wished to uncover his fathers secret if it was real, it would make future decisions easier for him. However, if he could find proof of these heinous acts he may be able to get his father out of the picture without having to incriminate himself. That may be a better idea than taking the law into his own hands and also killing for personal gain. In the end either would be effective, just one way risks more than the other. He rested his head in his hands as he looked over to the window by the entrance door way. The snow had slowed up again, maybe he would go for a walk and get some fresh air. He could use the air, to clear his head and cool his body. He hadn't realised but he had stressed himself somewhat with this trouble. He would need to learn more self control for the future, his success as a politician and a leader might one day depend on it. So he would learn, he would not lose his compassion for the men who serve under him but he would learn.
word count: 1617
Edalene
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Seeker
Renown: 39
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

[Krome] The Household

Name: Xander Krome

Knowledge:
  • Bladed Combat: Practicing Steps Helps Muscle Memory
  • Cylus: The Benefits of Cold Air
  • Intelligence: Sneaking up on your servants
  • Leadership: Disciplining the Slaves
  • Leadership: Everyone Works as a Unit
  • Leadership: Organising the Servants
  • Leadership: Taking Responsibility for Slaves' Health
  • NPC: Jersey Krome, A Hindrance to Your Plans
  • NPC: Cannie and Ilrae, Hard Workers
  • NPC: Elisa and Helart, A Blossoming Romance
  • NPC: Badon, Father Figure
Loot: N/A
Injuries: N/A
Fame: +2 - Kindness to the Servants, Checking in on Enar
Devotion: N/A
Magic: N/A

Story: 5/5
Collaboration: 0/5
Structure: 5/5

Comment: There are a couple of instances of misspelled words and awkward punctuation, so I recommend proof reading your posts as you go! It was interesting to see Xander's mistrust of his father, and pretty cool to see how willing he was to get rid of his parents if need be. Ruthless! Another thing I loved was the change between calling them 'servants' and 'slaves' - really interesting. For someone who is all about a Krome of freedom, it was pretty telling he couldn't decide what to call them. Looking forward to seeing his story progress!
word count: 203
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Duchies”