[Scholar's Nook] To Bully a Scholar (Event)

Talisa meets Caz, hears about her attack, and tries to help.

Once an isolated and dying township, an influx of academics, adventurers and thrill seekers have made Scalvoris Town their home. From scholars' tea shops to a new satellite campus for Viden Academy, this is an exciting place to visit or make your home!

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Talisa Tawfeek
Approved Character
Race: Hyludin
Profession: Seamstress
Renown: 30
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Cylus 7, 717
Scalvoris Town, Scholar’s Nook
It was a busy morning in Scalvoris- very busy. There had been an attack last night on one of the most well known citizens of the city- the owner of the Scholar’s Nook. Talisa had just arrived in town, here to buy some supplies and get a feel for the place. She’d been busy all morning, slithering here and there.

When she arrived at the Scholar’s Nook, however, she had no clue it’d be as… chaotic as it was. The place was packed with citizens, most there out of worry for Caz, the much loved owner. Gently pushing her way through the crowd- which wasn’t easy due to her tail- Talisa’s expression had her curiosity in full display. What the… I must have picked a really bad day to visit town. Everyone’s so… worked up.

Frowning, the Ithecal woman went about her business. Finding a book about different types of stitches, Talisa found a place to sit, curling her tail best she could so she didn’t take up much space. Only, the noise of the place made it a little hard to focus.

That, and Talisa was too curious for her own good.

For, there was a conversation happening right in front of her, between the bruised woman who had to have been Caz, and some others that must have cared quite a bit about her well being. Talisa did try not to eavesdrop but, well, it wasn’t in her nature. Trying to not be obvious that she was listening in, she glanced up from her book, straining to hear what they were talking about- and try to get an idea why everything around here was so… highstrung.
word count: 310
Summer Rain
Avrae Kyric Asari Rosacea Olivia Warrick Talisa Tawfeek Teryani Shenandoah
CS CS CS CS CS
Plot Notes Plot Notes Plot Notes Plot Notes Plot Notes
Templates Templates Templates Templates Templates
Partner Partner Partner Partner Partner
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread

"Get off me, Flea! I'm fine, I really am. Will you get off!" Caz batted away the young man who was fussing over her like a mother hen over an injured chick.
"No, I won't. Shush, let me clean this." Flea, it seemed was unimpressed with his sister's demands.

There were a number of things which could be garnered from eavesdropping in on the conversation. There were a lot of people there, a lot of folks were very concerned about Caz. The woman in question was pretty badly beaten up, her face was a mass of purple and black, her lip was split, she had cuts on her cheeks and one eye was completely closed over.

"We need to find out who did this," Flea said and Caz let out a sigh.
"There's no need to cause a fuss, is there?"
Flea looked like he might explode in fury at that and opened his mouth to do so. Caz put her hand on his arm and, from her vantage point, Talisa saw Caz just shake her head, slightly. She looked like she was about to cry and Flea clamped his mouth shut, his jaw set and his eyes showing his deep frustration.

"Don't need to ask who did it, do we?" A human man spoke, tall and burly and looking about as angry as Flea. "It's that Phoenix Faction. We all know it, don't we? We're just afraid to say it."
Flea looked at him and gave a grim nod, but said nothing. Caz shook her head and kept quiet. There was, however, a murmuring around the room. Like people were agreeing but not quite daring to.

"Alright, lets get to work, shall we? Busy trial. Flea, if you come near me with that one more time I'm going to make sure that you taste it for the next ten-trial!"
"Caz, you should rest, just for the trial. Please?" Flea looked at his sister with despair as she shook her head, stubbornly.
"Not a chance. Serve the customers."
"But.."
"NOW, FLEA!"

He did as he was told, Caz sat at a table and looked at the pages of a book without seeing them and people started to disperse.
word count: 385
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~
Current Status:
Working on a New User Guide - feel free to feed back in the thread!
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Sorry to see you haven't posted....

Hi Hi!

Since this thread hasn't been posted to in a while, I'm unsubscribing from it. If you return, however, and want to pick it back up just drop me a pm. I'll be more than happy to either pick it up straight away, put it in my waiting list if I'm at capacity, or ask another mod. Either way, it'll be no problem but I might not notice if you just reply.

Thanks! Hope to see you posting here again!

All the best,

Peg

word count: 105
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~
Current Status:
Working on a New User Guide - feel free to feed back in the thread!
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Scalvoris Town”