Familiars and the Bond

Please note: Answers in this archive may be out of date / things may have changed. Do not take for granted anything older than 6 months old. If in doubt - better to ask again.

Moderators: Staff, Peer Reviewer, Wiki Worker

Na'liya
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Baker
Renown: 32
Character Sheet
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Familiars and the Bond

Hi! I've been quiet for a while, but I have been writing some memory threads and such. Then boom, I had some thoughts about familiars.
Their eyes tend to reflect the aura of the bonded one, as they are both one spirit. The aura is the bonded one's soul light. For example, if an individual's soul is dark or is darkened, the eyes of the familiar will change to a dark grey or a black to reflect such changes. If one's soul is pure and means to only do good, then the eyes of the familiar will be golden. Do note, that the colours reflected is the reflection of the bonded's understanding of colours and what they associate them to be.
I'm a bit confused about aura. Would the familiar's eyes change by the mood or by the state the Sev'ryn mind is in? For example, a Sev'ryn is in an enraged state and associate rage with green. Would the familiar's eyes change to green?

Okay! Second question is do the 2 halves of the soul switch being Sev'ryns and familiars? For example, Na'liya in her past life was a familiar to her familiar. If so, while a familiar would they remember all their past lives. If all that is true. then it would be so cool to write.
word count: 231
Nymph
Prophet of Old
Race: Mer
Renown: 0
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Familiars and the Bond

Thank you for these questions! We are always trying to perfect the lore, but it seems you already have a good grasp of it. You are correct in your interpretation. If the character interprets rage as green, the animal would have green eyes.

As for your question, in my mind, only the familiar might remember their past lives. Especially since the familiars never technically dies. Instead, they roam the world until their physical counterpart returns to the world. Naliya must be a special case as this is not common. Unless this was just an example.
word count: 95
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be then me.
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Q&A Archive”