[Bounty]What did I Stumble Into?

Atashi part 2

Once an isolated and dying township, an influx of academics, adventurers and thrill seekers have made Scalvoris Town their home. From scholars' tea shops to a new satellite campus for Viden Academy, this is an exciting place to visit or make your home!

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Anos
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Monster Hunter
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Milestones

Miscellaneous

18th Cylus 717
Atashi and Anos left the small room, Anos glumly returning the purses. Atashi was right, he really should be more lawful. He didn't know what had got into him- he was normally more of a stickler for the rules.

Together, Atashi and he tied up the attackers, leaving them neatly bundled up. He struggled at first, trying to muscle the mostly unconscious men onto the back of Atashi's horse. A memory came back to him, of his old commander yelling at him to "lift with your legs", his spit flying into Anos' face.

He bent his knees, pulling the limp body over his shoulder and standing slowly. He wavered on his way up, but soon developed a nice rhythm.

The bodies were on Atashi's horse, two slung over Anos'. There was no way his horse could support all of those bodies, no matter what Atashi said. Besides, they would be going back together, so might as well split the load.

It was just after the last body was loaded onto the horses when Anos heard Atashi call for him. Staff in hand, Anos rushed to the Ithecal, his jaw dropping as he caught sight of the woman in front of him. A small woman was there, bound at the hand and at the foot to the wall with heavy, metallic chains.

Blood covered her face, both dried and fresh, and her clothes were rags hardly covering anything. Her right eye was gone, a bloody socket staring out at them balefully. Cuts and burns covered her skin, lines of blood ran down her arms from where she had strained at the manacles, and her skin was raw and grimy. Her hair was stringy, hanging down to her shoulders in knots.

It took him a trill to take it all in, and he dashed out of the room without delay. He returned moments later, an oversized shirt in his hands which he carefully placed around the woman as he looked for a release. She was crying now, and Anos looked awkward as if he didn't know what to do.

"Erm... There there? You're safe now. We, uh, we got you." He hesitantly brought a hand up to pat her back, jerking it away just before he pat it down. The woman had let out a small whimper as he had set the shirt on her- he didn't want to imagine how painful his hand would be.

He looked up at Atashi. "Hey, can you get her down now?" His voice was needlessly harsh, and he flinched at the sound. "Sorry," he continued before Atashi could respond. "Just look for a key or something?"

While Atashi figured it out, Anos did his best to console her. The woman seemed exhausted, and tears flowed freely from her one good eye, tracing a clean path down her cheek.

"W-who are you?" Her voice was raspy and she cleared her throat, making her wince in pain again.

"My name is Anos," he said, "And the snake-man is Atashi, an Ithecal. Who are you? How did you end up here?"

"I- I'm called Trisha. Trisha Cunningworth. I'm... I'm not sure how I got here. The last thing I remember is... There was a cloth, covering my mouth, I think? Wait! Where's my brother? Where's Johnathan?"
SOURCE
OOC: Continuation of this thread. Feel free to take control of Trisha and do whatever you feel is accurate to move the plot along :P
Last edited by Anos on Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:09 am, edited 2 times in total. word count: 596
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze into the abyss long enough, the abyss will gaze back into you
Atashi
Approved Character
Race: Ithecal
Profession: Knight, Blacksmith
Renown: 70
Character Sheet
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Without delay, Anos ran off and fetched a shirt, probably from one of their fallen opponents. Atashi couldn't believe what he was seeing, this poor girl. Why was she still alive? He slithered back and put his head to the wall, shutting his eyes and rubbing his temples. 'What the hell is wrong with this place?' he groaned, the horrific image of the woman's injuries spinning in his head. His head raised, looking back to the five incapacitated men on horseback. Were they truly capable of such evils? Would they have done the same to Anos, even himself? Forcing his previous meal to stay where it belonged, Atashi re-entered the room.

The first thing he noticed was the smell of death, people had probably died in this room. After Anos had done his best to comfort the poor girl, he asked Atashi to get her down. Atashi took a moment to respond, but even then, he didn't say anything, he slithered up closer to the female and drew his hammer. being very careful, he took hold of the woman's wrist by the shackle and adjusted the chain length manually so that there'd be some looseness. He struck at the wall with his hammer, once, twice and the third time, the shackle broke free. She whimpered with each strike, but sounded with relief when she regained movement in her arm.

"I'm so sorry, I don't have the keys. This is the best I can do." Atashi apologised for the woman's discomfort in the situation as he got to work on her other bindings. She was eventually let free, Anos continued to console her. Meanwhile, Atashi looked about the room, searching for clues to the monster that had done this. A cloth covering her mouth? She'd been kidnapped, potentially in the company of her brother. "Where were you when this happened?" Atashi asked without looking at her, slipping into detective mode. "No! My brother, I want my brother. Please! You Have to find him!" The woman cried out hysterical. "We'll find your brother, Trisha. But we need to know where you were when you were taken." he looked to the girl at last.

The girl sobbed, shuffling her body closer to Anos before throwing herself at him in a desperate embrace. Atashi sighed. "We need to take her to the elements, they'll give her the medical attention she needs as well as food, water and clothes." Atashi declared. He couldn't find much for clues in the room, perhaps their captives could shed some light on the subject? He gave a firm nod to Anos before slithering out of the room, fetching a lamp and placing it on a table that lined the wall of the torture room.

After that, he approached the horses, checking over the bodies for a conscious non-paralytic one. The one that Anos had thrown looked to be awake still, the child beater. "Who did that?" He asked bluntly. The male said nothing, only looked away from him. Atashi gripped him by the hair, lifting his head and forcing the smaller one to look at him. His blue slitted eyes were ablaze with ferocity. "Tell me who did thissss!" He hissed, baring his fangs. The male's eyes widened with shock. "You will tell me everything I need to know, two legsss. Or you can ssssay goodbye to your ssensssse of touch." His fang dripped venom, testament to the fact that he wasn't lying.

"Who did that to the woman you have captive, where are they now and what do they look like?" Atashi demanded answers, fury in his tone. "You have exactly five trillsssss to comply." Atashi declared, slithering back from the male and earning a look of confusion, then panic as the snake began to count down. ”Five, four.." Should the male answer, Atashi will bite him once he's had enough information, if not then he'll bite the male anyway.
word count: 677
Anos
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Milestones

Miscellaneous

He shot Atashi a glare as the man slammed his hammer into the girl's chains, jerking her body.

The arm was lowered slowly, relief washing over her face as blood could flow easily again. The other arm went easier, and soon she was curled up in a ball, rocking back and forth gently. Her breathing was coming faster and faster, something he hadn't expected. Shoulnd't she be getting better now? She was free after all.

When Atashi began to question her, Anos noticed a change in him. His voice became a bit more abrupt, his mind obviously elsewhere. He reminded Anos of many of the guards he had seen and worked with- an almost detached air that they used to prevent personal feelings from coming into play.

Meanwhile, Trisha threw herself at Anos, nearly knocking him over. His face flushed bright red as she wrapped her arms around him.

"Y-yes, of course. We'll do our best to find him," Anos said, shooting a look at Atashi as he hesitantly patted the young woman on the back. He nodded as Atashi said they should go to the military- that seemed the best bet, and they would know how to handle it.

But he didn't want to give up on helping her. He wanted to be the one to bring whoever had kidnapped her to justice. He wanted to be the one to tell her, see a shining smile cross her face as he told her she would be safe from now on....

The image of that stuck in his head and he felt a sudden lurch of his heart. The light that washed over the room as Atashi returned with the lantern jarred Anos from his daydreams, and he shook his head.

Where had that come from?

Shaking his head, Anos carefully lifted the woman in his arms, ignoring her small mews of pain as he gently lifted her to the table. In the brighter light, the horror of what had been done to her was apparent.

Anos carefully tore strips of cloth from the shirt to bind any wounds still bleeding before he prepared to lift her up again. At some point during his ministrations, she had fallen into unconsciousness, and Anos was glad for that.

He made it outside just in time to see Atashi pull the hair of the man, the child beater, questioning him.

Anos hauled the unconscious men off his own horse, letting them fall to the ground carelessly. He gently set the young woman atop, gingerly setting her down. He dragged the other two by their shoulders over and sat them against the wall inside, stripping them of their shirts and wrapping Trisha more warmly.

He walked over and stood next to Atashi as he counted down, but the Ithecal didn't reach one. The man broke down, speaking so fast he was nearly babbling.

"I dunno sir, I swears. He... It was an old man, I think. Or maybe he wasn't that old. He had some grey in his beard, I remember that. He asked us to rent out the house for a few trials, paid in gold."

Anos clenched his jaw and drew close to the man. "What was his name?" He spit out between gritted teeth.

"I dont know! He didn't give one!"

Anos drew back his hand as if to hit the man, who flinched away. Half a trill passed as Anos struggled with his emotions, closing his eyes and sighing deeply, letting the fist uncurl. "Fine."

"All I know is that he paid in gold, told us to get lost for a few trials- we just came back this morning, on account of us running out of money."

Anos thought for a moment before turning back to the captive. "Older man, grey hairs in his beard. Anything else you can tell us about him?" His blood was still up, his heart beating fast as emotions flowed through him as quick as mercury.

"I- I don't think so... Wait! There was one thing- he had an eye patch covering his left eye. J-Just let us go now. We didn't do nothin to that girl!"

Anos turned his back to the captive, facing his new companion. "So, Atashi, got any other questions for him?"
SOURCE
word count: 731
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze into the abyss long enough, the abyss will gaze back into you
Atashi
Approved Character
Race: Ithecal
Profession: Knight, Blacksmith
Renown: 70
Character Sheet
Templates

Featured

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Atashi looked to Anos, appreciative that the man was on his side. He apparently shared the Ithecal's resolve to find the evil behind this ordeal, and if that meant going against his own ideals, then so be it. For Ethelynda. The man spoke, thank the immortals. He'd have dreaded to have to put another one of these filthy drug abusers anywhere near his mouth.

The Ithecal held him there, listening with the occasional nod. An older man with greys in his beard, so facial hair with age to his features. He had the nel to rent out this building for 'a few trials' which gave Atashi a vivid image of the clothing the man would be wearing. His name would have been useful, good thinking on Anos' part. Unfortunately, the man did not know. "That seems a little ridiculous to me, you rented out your home to a man that wouldn't give you their name? Not even an alias?" Anos's hand raised at the man, a threat to beat the human. Atashi looked to him wide eyed "Anos?" he spoke abrupt as to throw the human off.

Considering what the man had said, it was revealed that the man had paid them enough to sustain 5 men for a few trials, not just any men either - Junkies. Atashi's arm crossed over his chest while the other settled neatly on his chin, pondering deeply the clues they'd been given. An eyepatch? Surely, that would have been the first thing the man said? His eyes widened with horror at the sudden realisation. His gaze shifted to Trisha, most disturbed. He'd all but not heard Anos' question in light of this gruesome detail. He approached Anos' horse and checked over Trisha's wounds while she lay unconscious. A sigh of relief escaped his lungs upon recognising that her right eye had gone missing. "Oh thank the immortals." He shook his head. "For a trill, I thought the maniac was taking people's left eyes to try and replace his own!" Atashi laughed uncomfortably at the explanation, meekly hoping that wasn't the case.

"When did you return? And have you any idea how long the house had been 'empty' prior to your arrival?" Atashi asked, a serious look in his slitted eye. He then shook his head. These are all questions the elements would be asking, "Well, are you ready to get going, Anos? Element hall isn't too far from here if my memory serves me right." Atashi readied himself for the cold outdoors, mentally bracing himself for having to slither bare-scale through frozen grounds. Still unaware that Anos had wanted to solve this investigation himself.
word count: 459
Anos
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Anos agreed with Atashi- it was their house! Imagine if the man had burned it down, then disappeared? How would they even go about tracking him down?

When Atashi turned suddenly and slithered over to the horses, Anos took that as a no. He slid the man back onto the beast, his muscles beginning to complain. He wasn't used to hauling people all over the place, and even if the stature difference between him and them made it easier, 160 pound men weren't easy to move for anyone.

He caught Atashi's comment, a wave of fear rushing through him at the same time that a sigh of relief did. He hadn't even thought of that, he had been so focused on where the man had been. Stupid of him, of course. If he could find out the why, the rationale behind the torturer's actions, he would be able to figure out where and when he could strike back. Anos mimiced Atashi's laugh, the horror of what could have been still too fresh in his mind to laugh sincerely.

Anos lifted the man's head again as Atashi asked him the questions.

"I- erm we came back this morning, nice and early. I don't know, but a fire was still going when we came in. We didn't hear any moans until after we fought, I swear!" The man spoke, though his voice was muffled and strained by the awkward angle.

"Alright, let's go Atashi," Anos said. He made one more test of all their captive's bindings when he paused. A thought came to him, and he turned inside, shouting over his shoulder to wait a bit.

There, in the small room that Trisha had been tied up in, lay a large chunk of the chain. Something inside of him reacted to that broken link, and he scooped it up into his pocket. The niggling sensation disappeared, and Anos quickly returned.

"Sorry about that- thought I forgot something." Without saying another word, he followed the Ithecal to the Element hall. The whole way there he kept thinking about how he would solve the issue- maybe he could follow the Element's investigation himself? Why did he need that link? What did it mean?
SOURCE
word count: 389
Whisper
Race: Prophet
Profession: Storyteller
Renown: 394
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Anos

Awarded Points

Story: 5/5
Collaboration: 5/5
Structure: 5/5
These points can/cannot be spent in magic

Awarded Knowledge

Endurance: Lasts Long Enough to Survive
Medicine: First Aid with Available Materials
Psychology: Effects of Fear
Trisha Cunningworth (NPC): Captive

Awarded Extras

Loot & Losses Injuries
None None
Fame Devotion
Saving an Innocent: +3 None
[/color]

Atashi

Peer Review

Story: ?/5
Collaboration: ?/5
Structure: ?/5
These points can/cannot be spent in magic

Extras

Loot & Losses Injuries
None None
Fame Devotion
None None
[/color]

Comments

Not much to award here; it felt a little rushed at the end but mayhaps because of Atashi's departure. Atashi, if you return, please PM me and I will award your grade.

If you have any questions, comments or criticism about your review, feel free to send me a PM and we can discuss it.
Thank ye.
word count: 243
Djinn
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Profession: Genie
Renown: -1000
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Rewards Awarded
XP Points: 12. No magic.

No knowledge requested.

Comments: Yeah, obviously unfinished. It happens. Here's some points.
word count: 27
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Scalvoris Town”