• Closed • Masked Ball: Disbanding the Royal Guard.

The capital city of the of Rynmere, here is seated the only King in Idalos.
Xander Andaris
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Single father | Duke of Andaris
Renown: 142
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Masked Ball: Disbanding the Royal Guard.

Xander watched as the giant was restrained, the metal cuffs seemingly tiny in comparison to the huge man burly man. He thoroughly believed that if he wished to escape he could with ease. The easiness he was sure he could get free with made him uneasy, nervous and somewhat on edge. His eyes continued to scan the room incase it were to occur and in fact he eyed the crossbow the guard has left out of reach of the burly guy. If need be he could get to it quite quickly but he hoped that would not occur.

His eyes came back to the happenings in front of him and his nerves were somewhat settled when he saw them inject him with something. Whatever it was it was fast acting and the giant was soon asleep face first on the floor. The thud as his faced bashed into the ground made him grimace, he had no doubt that would hurt in the morning. He remained where he was watching the proceedings and replied to the guard with a simple reply. "I am okay, not injured. Thank you for taking care of all this." Xander answered the man's earlier question, very delayed but better late than never.

Xander had many questions but he knew better than to ask them, he was in no position to demand information from the people here. These guards were loyal to the king and clearly answered to the host, not to mention they were the ones stood with crossbows. He would not risk pressing them for information out of both fear and lack of belief in them telling the truth. So Xander kept his mouth shut and just watched only speaking to ask the blue girl if she was okay.

"Are you okay my lady? that was a close one, he could have killed us." He smiled nervously as he kept one eye on watching the events unfold.
word count: 331
Yanahalqah
Approved Character
Race: Yludih
Profession: Knight Captain of the Iron Hand
Renown: 341
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

With only half of her attention did Yana follow the proceedings, the other half focused on cleaning up the mess Fridgar had made of her hair and dress. Too much dust, too much wood chips. Add to that the stains made by the wine… ho boy. The social event was quickly becoming an expensive joke. Well, it had always been one, for sure, but usually her dress would not be dusty nor dirty from one night of wear. She just hoped she still looked presentable. Wouldn’t want to be running around like some hobo.

The guards had everything under control, it seemed, and before long the giant was cuffed, and sedated. Not before he had the chance to cast one last hateful glare at the false Eídisi though. She wasn’t worried. Not now. Not yet. Perhaps she would be, depending on whether or not they were going to ship the hulking man to the other side of the world, put him in a hole deeper than a house was tall, and chained him to the floor of said pit with bind he could not break, nor unlock.

It wasn’t the first time Yana had received such vengeful stares, but the previous ones hadn’t come from people who could shatter a solid wooden table with a single punch, and could lift and throw a heavy door without effort. Obviously, it did help the intimidation come across. Yana wasn’t one to show such things though, and even if she did, her mask blocked all from seeing her face anyway.

“Hm? Oh, I am okay. Not to worry,” she replied absentmindedly as her companion inquired about her well-being. “A little bruised, a little dusty. Otherwise I am fine.”

She took off her mask to smooth her hair, pushing the few rebellious strands back down into position. All her braid work undone, her locks hanging loose instead. At least there were no more pieces of wood stuck in there. “He could have, yes,” Yana said in a very matter of fact tone of voice, sounding rather calm considering all that had happened. Now she was too, but just a bit or less earlier, the fear of death had been thumping in her heart and mind. “It is a good thing they were here so fast. Speaking of which--”

Yana decided to walk up to the host, mask in hand –since it had cracked during her clumsy dodge, and looked as it might fall apart any time now—ready to ask some questions. “My sincere thanks for your timely intervention,” she thanked him first, giving the host a polite nod. “Things might have gotten ugly if not for you. Mind if I ask how they got here this early? I can hardly imagine all rooms occupied for the first game have several guards armed to the teeth stationed at the door.” She allowed a hint of smile to tug at her lips, attempting not to come across as nosy or demanding answers. That usually had the opposite effect, she felt.

word count: 519
"Speaking" - Thinking - "Others speaking"
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Fridgar, Xander, Yana

The Lotharro fell to the ground, with a thud after he glared balefully at the woman he perceived to be the cause of this. Still, fall he did and darkness wrapped Fridgar up.

At which point, the guards with the crossbows moved and stepped into the room, three of whom moved to the host. Xander spoke only to check that Yana was uninjured, but she in turn turned and walked to speak to the host. As she did, one of the guards moved closer to said individual. The host raised his hand and sat down, motioning for Yana and Xander to do the same.

Whether they did or not was entirely up to them, but the guards got on with tying Fridgar up and moving his body onto a stretcher-type affair which they also secured him to. They were really taking no chances here and, should either Xander or Yana pay attention, they would notice another injection being given to him.

The host, however, turned his attention to Xander and Yana. He spoke in calm and measured tones. "On the contrary, my lady, security is very high for this function. Some of the most influential people in Rynmere are sitting in rooms like this one throughout this building." The faceless mask turned to the two of them and looked at them, or seemed to.

"But it is not, as we have just seen, those people that we know. The noble lords and ladies, the loyal servants of the Iron Hand. It is, as is tradition, open to any and so we have a duty, do we not, to make it safe for all?" He smiled at them and gestured. One of the guards poured wine.

"It is a time, also, traditionally, where games are played and I thought it would be interesting to join in. I have to say, I enjoyed myself immensely and I thank you both for that. You, mi'lady, have a quick mind. What is it you currently do, may I ask?" He fully addressed himself to Yana, his eyes not leaving hers as he watched her with care. "You speak eloquently of the Iron Hand. Do you know them well?" The host listened to Yana's answer, giving her his full attention.

Then, he turned to Xander. "As for you, Lord Krome, you have conducted yourself more than admirably in these games. I would say that you have been very impressive this trial." There was a definite tone to his voice which meant that it sounded, somehow, like he was smiling. "I wonder, Lord Krome. After the festivities and games are over, perhaps you would care to share a meal with me?" He asked and waited for the answer.

He lifted his hand, then, and removed his mask. "I will see to it that all damages are dealt with, of course. My apologies for this unfortunate turn of events." King Cassander smiled at them both and added. "I wonder. Would you consider keeping my presence here a secret? I would appreciate it greatly."
Off Topic
Fridgar - you miss this round - then I'll start a spin off with you.
Yana and Xander - :)
word count: 538
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~
Current Status:
Working on a New User Guide - feel free to feed back in the thread!
Xander Andaris
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Single father | Duke of Andaris
Renown: 142
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

He watched as the man was taken away out of the room, he noticed the extra injection they put into his body. It seemed a little excessive, yet, when he looked at the size of the man, maybe it was necessary. He took his place at the table across from the host and listened carefully to what he had to say to the two of them. He spoke rather eloquently it was clear he was not just any slave or servant hired to do this job, no he was something more. However, Xander could never have guessed who it would have been hidden below the lifeless blank white mask.

First the man questioned the blue girl and also complimented her on her sharp mind and seemed to think she actually knew the Iron Hand well, maybe it was the case and it would have explained her strong arguments for them well. He had wondered what the woman did a little himself and if she was indeed a member of the group then it would explain a lot. Not only her knowledgeable response about hem in the game but also her quick reflexes in throwing herself out of the way of the door. That was something that most likely came with training, he had not reached the point where his instincts controlled him so well quite yet.

He was then drawn in further when the man addressed him, the voice made him warm a little. It was not everyday that Xander received compliments and so when he did he was always very flattered. He asked him to dine with him once this was all over, a question he had most certainly not expected to come up. Still, why not. There was no harm in eating and spending time with this man, he had done nothing to make him say no. "I would care to dine with you, yes, I think I would quite enjoy it." He smiled at the man casually before taking a sip of the wine the guard had poured for them, he didn't normally drink wine but at this moment he would do so as it appeared to be the drink of the night. He would not refuse what was offered to him by the host, that would be rude.

Xander sat back a little as he watched the man now remove his mask to reveal the boy King. Xander did not sit up as he felt his stomach twist, his heart beat increased as he looked at the man. Suddenly it made sense why all the guards had been outside, it was of course not for the participants in the game but rather to protect the king. His mind had not changed he would still dine with the man in the future but now the test came, could he really keep up the facade he had been practising half his life. He would have too in the face of the King, he could not slip up and reveal the secret that were bellow not now and definitely not while breaking bread with the man. This was an opportunity, an opportunity to learn things and gather information about the king. This dinner could help Xander to discover key information for his future plans, and that he needed more than anything, information.

Xander forced a charming smile to spread across his lips, as he nodded his head in respect to the almighty child King. "Oh your highness, this is quite the surprise." He kept the charming appearance forcing it ahead of his sudden urges to ask questions and also a stray thought to kill the man. It would be most foolish and even if it would make his cause easier it would also cause it never to take place as he would never escape alive. "A secret, yes of course I will not tell another living soul. The secret is safe with me, my liege." He was not lying either, it would be beneficial for him not to betray the kings wishes and arise suspicion, he could gain and learn more if the King trusted him and ate with him. The chance to gather intelligence was more important than spreading the rumour of his presence.
word count: 715
Yanahalqah
Approved Character
Race: Yludih
Profession: Knight Captain of the Iron Hand
Renown: 341
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Upon the host’s unspoken invitation to sit back at the table, Yana politely obliged, sliding gracefully into a chair, her posture looking a whole lot more relaxed than it had been when the giant had been sitting opposite to her. Said man was now being placed on a stretcher, bound and shackled, secured to the means of transportation as well. The guards were taking no risks, it seemed, not wanting to have the giant wake up, break his binds, and thrash them. To that end they even gave him an extra injection. Yana wasn’t an expert in medicine, poisons, or the body of fleshlings in any way, but she wondered whether a high enough dose of sleeping agent could kill. Surely there was a need to regulate dosage? Not that she cared, of course, it would in fact be beneficial in the long run if the Lothar dropped dead due to an overdose.

Yana listened to the host’s explanation despite her mind being partly distracted, nodding slightly at his words, though still having her doubts. True, she hadn’t been in Rynmere for an arc yet, and she had no means of comparing this edition of the Ball to previous ones (maybe the next trail if she went to the library to check for records, she might though), but logistics said it wasn’t feasible for each room here to be secured by that many guards. Not only would that create a bubble of security in one area, which obviously meant there were too few guards patrolling the city, but some people would find it to be suffocating and restrictive. People were fond of their freedom, and obvious military presence usually did not make them feel safe, but quite the opposite. The trick was to hide the guards in plain sight, so people did not see them, and thus did not feel uncomfortable. They still had to be near though, just in case anything happened.

She accepted the glass of wine gladly, twirling it around and sipping occasionally while the man continued to speak. He thanked them for providing him with entertainment. Yana couldn’t say she was too glad with being treated as a means of amusement, especially so since that had pulled her away from her own amusement this evening. Though, she had to admit, other than that door being flung at her head, the game had proven to be quite fun. So she merely smiled at his words.

“I do know the Iron Hand fairly well, yes, you could say that.” Her hand idly twirled the liquid inside the fancy wineglass, creating a miniature cyclone. “I am actually a member of the Hand, sir,” she confessed, returning his gaze as long as he did not break the locking of eyes. “Though I am just a squire.” She took a sip of her wine then, letting the beverage sit in her mouth for a couple trills before swallowing, allowing the taste to seep in.

The host addressed the other player then, calling him by his last name. Krome. Though she could not say she was surprised by seeing a noble at an event primarily aimed at nobles, it was quite rare to be in the presence of one so long without knowing it. The magic of masks, no doubt. Anyone could be anyone, even a nobody could, if dressed fancy enough, act like a noble, and none would be any the wiser. The opposite was also true. Some preferred to be somewhere in between though, which this man seemed to have opted for. His noble blood made sense; he’d been quite good at playing royalty.

It was only when the host unmasked himself, revealing his identity that Yana was legitimately taken aback. She hid it for the most part, the only giveaway being the widening of her eyes. The magic of masks, she mused amusedly, indeed. The servant turned out to be a King. A King with a sense for the dramatic, and a penchant for attracting trouble –though all Kings were in possession of the latter—at that. The false Eídisi allowed herself a chuckle, resting her head against her knuckles while her eyes took in every detail of the boy’s face.

She found him to be different to what she had imagined, older. Less boyish. Harder eyes, yet not harsh. Intelligent too.

“I had heard that you were a bold one, Your Majesty, but this is far beyond my expectations.” Her mouth was curled into a smile still, her complexion friendly. This explained the presence of the guards, of course. Something she had not taken into account, simply because it was too odd to even be a possibility. And yet, here he was. “I suppose the rumors of your deception during the war were no exaggeration either, then? I have always found them hard to believe, I will admit.” Truly, the Yludih was beyond amused, now finding the King provided her with entertainment. She nodded in agreement to his request, which probably wasn’t so much a request as it was a diplomatically concealed order. “Naturally, Sire. As far as I am concerned, you were never here at all.”

word count: 876
"Speaking" - Thinking - "Others speaking"
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Thread Complete!

Fridgar

Story: 10/10
Collaboration: 5/5
Structure: 5/5

Devotion: +1 to Ilaren (who is somewhere shaking her head)
Fame: Breaking city laws: (property, assault, attempted regicide, disturbing the peace), Bad deeds: (Insulting, shouting, breaking stuff etc), Opposing a popular cause, Plot the death of another Total: -40
Loot: Nothing.

Knowledge:
Detection: The scent of the host.
Etiquette: Some games don't even have teams!
Etiquette: The fine and noble art of looking utterly bored with this nonsense
Intimidation: Size helps
Intimidation: Shouting helps
Intimidation: Physical violence can be intimidating
Intimidation: Snarl and glare, Fridzy
Leadership: Wenches know their place.
Persuasion: Insulting someone else can be persuasive... sometimes.
Persuasion: Rampant sexism is often not persuasive.
Persuasion: Shout.
Psychology: The pain of a bitter betrayal.
Psychology: The anger is real.
Psychology: The slings and arrows of an imperfect world......
Tactics: Prevention is better than cure.
Tactics: Expect the unexpected.
Blunt Weapons: Doors do not make good weapons.
Thrown Weapons: Doors to not make good weapons.

Xander

Devotion: NA
Fame: +15
Loot: NA

Knowledge:
Cassander: King of Rynmere
Cassander: Attended the masked ball
Cassander: Was the host to your game
Detection: Attention to detail
Detection: Listen intently, listen for inflection
Etiquette: Play along when in a new situation
Etiquette: Protect the lady
Interrogation: Clarity of questions is important
Investigation: Pulling apart the arguments you are presented with.
Leadership: Find out others' opinions before stating your own
Leadership: Sometimes, truth hurts but you still have to say it.
Leadership: Saying when enough is enough.
Leadership: Trying to inject humour to a difficult situation.
Logistics: Thinking through all possibilities in the time available
Logistics: Consequences and counter-consequences
Politics: Understanding that everyone is replaceable, even the king.
Politics: Understanding your place.
Politics: Every playground is a battleground
Tactics: Considering all angles
Tactics: There's a lot to be learnt, even from games.

Yana

Devotion: None
Fame: +15
Loot: 1 x stain on your dress.

Knowledge:
Cassander: King of Rynmere
Cassander: Attended the masked ball
Cassander: Was the host to your game
Detection: Attending to small details
Fact: It is possible for a very big, very strong Lotharro to throw a door
Intimidation: Intellect can be as intimidating as muscle
Investigation: Considering the reasoning behind "entertainment"
Leadership: Stating your point and explaining others' flaws clearly.
Leadership: Appeal to their ego and their fear.
Logistics: Thinking through all possibilities in the time available
Logistics: Consequences and counter-consequences
Persuasion: Emotive language can be very effective.
Persuasion: Sarcasm often isn't persuasive.
Persuasion: Use real examples to give credence
Persuasion: Your opponents weakness is a point in your favour.
Rhetoric: Flowery insults
Tactics: A table in between you and an enemy should be a good thing.
Unarmed Combat: The dodge manoeuvre
Unarmed Combat: Clothing restrictions

Comment:
Well, you three amaze me. I laughed, I cried, I gasped in amazement and squealed in delight. What a fab thread, such fun! It was my absolute pleasure to moderate it - thank you all for your participation, good humour and amazing writing and role playing abilities.

Off Topic
Thank you three so much. I don't think I've ever experienced such a surprising thread in all my years!

Please, Yana and Xander, feel free to rejoin the main thread (once I've posted there again)
Fridgar: not you, Naughty Bear.
Xander - you will be receiving a letter.... soon.
Yana - so will you!
word count: 614
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~
Current Status:
Working on a New User Guide - feel free to feed back in the thread!
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Andaris”