[Mature] Acquiring the Totem: Bronze Boar

Getting totems

The capital city of the of Rynmere, here is seated the only King in Idalos.
Varthakh
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Jeger
Renown: 580
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

11th Cylus 717

With his new prized possession in hand, Fridgar made his way through the iced-over streets. A bronze boar under his arm. The beast squealed what Fridgar perceived to be happy noises. "Yes, piggy. I know. You can't wait to go home, can you!?" Fridgar lifted the beast from under his arm, holding it in front of him while he spoke like people normally do to babies. The creature oinked with a snort. "Who's a good piggy? You are! Yes you are!" spoke the inherently mad Lothar as he walked down the street. With a grim smile, he tucked the creature under his arm. The piggy was going to die and make a lovely snack for Fridgar, it's bronze hair would make a nice trait for borrowing. All of this was unknown to the pig, and he'd best keep it that way.

He plucked one of the beast’s hairs as he walked, earning a screech and some thrashing about from the helpless beastie under his arm. Hair made of metal, all that could come to mind was shifting into a were-bear with lightweight, flexible armour all over his body. He shuddered with delight, it was a brilliant idea. One that he could even apply to the Ryon, though with its already thick mane, adding more armour almost felt like over-kill. Still though, he had to first get home with the creature. No time to spare, especially not with what happened with the Anaconda a few trials ago.

While walking, a thought came to mind. Could the beast understand him? Only one way to find out. He held the boar out in front of him and looked it dead in the eyes. "Bacon." He spoke, hunger in his tone. The creature squirmed, thrashing wildly with horrific squeals. Fridgar laughed, tightening his grasp on the boar. "Mwahahaha! What's the matter, Piggy? Everyone likes Bacon!" Fridgar chuckled, putting a lot of weight on the final word. The beast had apparently had enough and bit Fridgar's arm, sinking its tusks into his flesh. Fridgar gave a very delayed roar of pain and immediately dropped the boar.

The creature immediately got up to its feet and scampered off into the darkened city, squealing ferally. "GET BACK HERE, PIG!" Fridgar snapped, turning to chase the creature only to slip and fall, flat on his front. He watched as the outline of the pig disappeared into the darkness, disappearing. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" He cried out, sitting himself up in the snow. He waited in silence, anger overcoming his features.

he stood himself up, on the brink of exploding and charged a nearby house, punching its stone walls in a flurry of fists, growling with hatred. "STUPID PIG!" he roared, clearly unimpressed. His punches slowed down to a point that his temper quelled with him. Tears began to stream down his cheeks. "Stupid... Pig..." he whimpered. A final punch connected the wall before he slid down to his knees, resting his head on the random building as he began to cry, whimpering and blubbering like a really big baby.
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Varthakh on Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 538
Whenever one finds oneself inclined to bitterness, it is a sign of emotional failure.
-- Bertrand Russell
Varthakh
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Acquiring the Totem: Bronze Boar

"Fridgar..?" spoke a familiar voice from behind him, full of concern. The Lothar turned his head to its source - It was Gwen! "Gwen... Don't worry, I'm fine!" His sleeve rubbed into his eyes, wiping away his tears as he helped himself up. "Are you sure? It doesn't look like you are... What happened anyway?" she spoke, again, very concerned. Fridgar sighed, looking the girl over - she was dressed a lot better than the first time they met, she looked healthier too. "Bah. I just lost my pig." The Lothar confessed, as bizarre as it might have sounded, Gwen didn't flinch. "Oh, was it a metal pig?" She tilted her head. Fridgar shook his "No, it was bronze." Fridgar nodded, not seeming to realise that bronze was a kind of metal.

Gwen resisted a face palm before speaking once more with enthusiasm "Oh! I saw one of those running not too long ago!". She'd dealt with the less-than-bright Lothar before and knew how to speak to him without getting him offended. "Really!? You have!?" Gasped the giant, his eyes alight with determination. Gwen merely nodded "Yeah! I'll help you find it if you want! Austin is at work, so I went for a walk." she smiled to the Lothar, the least she could do after the man had changed their lives. "Really? You'd do that for me?" Fridgar spoke, choking back a sob. The giant was evidently a little tender still from the pig disaster. Gwen nodded softly in response "Awesome! Let's go right now!"

The two traversed in the general direction that the boar had ran. Snow was falling gently around them, adding to the piles of white that lined the streets. "So... Austin has a job now? Where does he work?" the question arose as they set off. Gwen maintained her patient smile, at the Lothar "He's a trainee cook in a nice restaurant up in midtown. Mmhmm, The manager doesn't know he's an Aukari, which is a good thing." She continued to speak on about how hard her brother is trying to keep the job after the trainee-ship ended. Fridgar nodded. "That's good, I'm happy for the guy. What about you, are you going to find work?" An eyebrow raised with the question, surely she didn't expect Austin to do all the work? Gwen sighed "Well, of course. But nobody seems to want to hire me. Austin has always been the one who's good at talking to people..." She sounded sad, perhaps distressed? She clearly wasn't a big fan of freeloading.

He contemplated offering the kid mercenary work, but decided against it. "Well, giving up won't get you anywhere. Keep trying, something will turn up some trial." he smiled, meeting her eyes for a trill before turning his attention forward. "How do you suppose we find this pig then?" The previous topic had ended, now felt like an appropriate time to ask her plan. "Huh? Oh, I don't know. I was just following you." Fridgar halted. For the entire walk, he'd been following her. "Is there something wrong? I'm not a sniffer dog, Fridgar. Neither do I have the boar's scent." She sassed him. He looked to her with surprise and confusion, cheeky kid. Suddenly, a flare lit up in his brain, an idea came to mind. "A sniffer dog! You're a genius, Gwen!" He proclaimed, echoing the sense of smell of the bear.

"Uhh, I am? ...What are you doing?" She asked, unamused at Fridgar's sudden sniffing of the air. "Please don't tell me you think you're a sniffer dog...? Even if you were, you'd need the beasts scent..." Gwen cringed, looking about the area to make sure nobody else was watching the embarrassing Lothar in her company. On cue, Fridgar drew the bronze hair from his pocket and took a deep inhale. Gwen rolled her eyes. "It's this way! Trust me!" Fridgar announced, breaking into a jog and motioning the girl to follow. "You're kidding right!? This is a joke!?" She cried out, clearly not a fan of running. "Nope!" The Lothar laughed, guiding the girl to where they needed to be.
word count: 724
Whenever one finds oneself inclined to bitterness, it is a sign of emotional failure.
-- Bertrand Russell
Varthakh
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Closer and closer, the couple approached the source of the scent "It's not far now, I can almost taste it." Fridgar grinned. Little did the Aukari know that by 'taste it' he meant that he was inevitably going to consume to creature. "Fridgar, please..." Gwen pleaded, apparently growing tired of Fridgar's games. "I'm not kidding, Gwen. Have a little faith!" Shouted back the Giant, smiling in earnest.

The scent grew stronger, it was just around the corner. "Stop, stop." he ordered, pressing his back to the wall. Gwen followed his lead, keeping quiet. Fridgar peaked his head around the corner to reveal the boar. "Told you so." he whispered back to Gwen. She gave him a look of confusion "What? Oh, ha ha. very funny." She spoke unamused, turning the corner to see for herself and dropping her jaw. "How? Fridgar, are you a sniffer dog?" she whispered, looking up at the Lothar dead serious. Fridgar fidgeted, he'd used magic in front of her, but she didn't know. Did he fess up? Could he trust Gwen?

"Do you trust me, Gwen?" His eyes met hers, locking in seriousness. "...Of course.. why do you-?" Was all she managed before Fridgar repeated the question. "Do you trust me?" the second time around came a bit louder, full of purpose. "Fridgar, you're scaring me... Yes, I do... I trust you..." The young girl backed up from him a little, clearly frightened. "Okay... I'm a mage, I'm about to use some magic to catch this boar. Don't be afraid, I won't hurt you." Beating around the bush was never his strong point, he dove right in at any given opportunity. Gwen reeled her head back as if to ask 'are you being serious?' while Fridgar quickened his Ether.

Gwen watched with intent, "Why do you need to use magic to catch the boar?" questioned the Aukari. "There's no way I'll be able to catch it in this form." he declared, bluntly. Then focused his being on his wolf totem and initiated an unleash. Within trills, he'd transformed into a wolf, he sat in front of Gwen, waiting for her response.

"Oh. My. God." She spoke between intervals, as though she'd only now believed the Ex-Lothar about the whole 'magic' thing. "C-can you talk, Fridgar?" She asked, the wolf merely shook its head with its eyes closed. "Oh my god, you're an actual puppy... C-can I pet you?" PUPPY? Did he look like a damn puppy!? Fridgar tilted his head before rubbing his head against her leg then nodding. While he hated being pet, he was trying to make a good impression. The Aukari choked back an excited squeal before falling to her knees, hugging him, rubbing his fur, squeezing him. His tail wagged involuntarily behind him as the form he'd taken enjoyed the attentive pets, while his true self loathed every trill of it.

Once the Aukari was done, she stood up "Sorry, I got a little carried away. Go get that boar!" Fridgar nodded, smiling patiently under the fur. With Gwen satisfied, he turned, eyeing the boar from where he stood. His form lowered as he readied to pounce, creeping forward as he stalked. It had been set in motion. He leaped at the boar, snarling ferociously, the creature managed a squeal before attempting to run away, only succeeding in slipping on the ice and getting tackled to the side by the wolf. At that trill, he unleashed into a Lothar and wrapped his giant arms around the creature. "Gotchya, bacon." he taunted, putting the beast back under his arm and returning to the alley that Gwen resided in.
word count: 632
-- Bertrand Russell
Varthakh
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

The walk back home was mostly uneventful, except Gwen hadn't taken her beaming eyes off him. She looked as though she'd just seen the most amazing thing. "So... You're a changeling?" she asked suddenly. "A what?" his face curled up in confusion, what on Idalos is a changeling? "You know, animals that live out in the woods that can turn into other animals and people by using bones. Like the ones around your neck!" The Lothar immediately sighed, people didn't really think Becomers were originally animals, did they? or that they were called 'changelings', surely? "How'd you know?" he asked with a raised eyebrow, humouring the poor girl. Gwen smiled to herself "I'm just smart like that. So what was your original form? Wait... Let me guess... A kitty!"

A kitty. Did the girl mean a cat? Fridgar took a deep breath, still carrying the boar under his arm "Is it that obvious?" he spoke with enthusiasm, false shock. The girl nodded, beaming. Bah, how could he get grumpy with the kid? She was adorable... But then again, in what existence did Fridgar resemble anything of a baby cat?

Once they'd reached the front gates with bronze boar in hand, he turned to her, a serious look in his eyes. "Do you know why us 'changelings' live out in the woods?" Fridgar asked settling his eyes on the small Aukari female. "Umm... because it's your natural habitat?" She asked, full of hope. "No. Well, yes. But that's not the whole reason." Fridgar lowered his body, almost kneeling to be eye level with the girl. "Two leggers, they hunt us. They think we're dangerous so they're scared of us." he explained, going along with the imaginary race that she believed him to be. "That's why you can never tell anyone you know what I am, Okay? Not even Austin. Well, maybe Austin. I'll show him too when I get the chance, but until then, it's my secret. Okay?" He offered the girl, ruffling her hair before standing up straight again. "I thought so. Don't worry, your secret's safe with me, kitty!" Fridgar cringed as she walked off. The last thing he needed was more people in his woods, people that would surely show at the mention of a 'changeling'. He stepped out into the dark wilderness, moving into the foliage a little, out of sight.

One swift punch to the boar’s head had either killed it or rendered it unconscious. Unceremoniously, he threw it to the floor and initiated a blend transformation, taking the form of the were-bear after two minutes of mind blowing agony. Agony that he'd grown very accustomed to, in fact. Perhaps even comfortable with? Could anything ever hurt him again after suffering on such a regular basis? Finally, the transformation finished. His giant clawed hand-paw gripped the boar, it was still warm, meaning still alive? He hoped so. With that, he ran straight for home.
word count: 515
-- Bertrand Russell
Varthakh
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

It wasn't long after initiating the run that the beast had decided he'd be better off running on all fours. With enormous, immense biting force, he sank his heavy maw into the bests flesh, carrying it by the body before dropping to all fours. Running at incredible speed, clouds of snow were cast behind him with each bound.

It didn't take long to reach Rey'na's house, but the skin he'd bit into had all but pulled from the carcass under the creature’s weight. With the snapping of its last ties to it body, it fell into Fridgar's waiting arms a bloody mess. The taste of the creature's blood was an alluring, satisfactory buzz in his senses. He clung to the sheet of skin and bronze hair in his mouth, sucking free the drops of blood as he entered the cabin. Without a second to spare, he went straight to his room and dropped the skin on his bed. He set the beast on his table and bit into its vertebrae, snapping it easy with an audible crunch. Then, using his claws, he separated the boar in two halves, tying one to the cord he'd installed across his room near the beginning of Cylus.

Beneath that pig half, he set a bowl and let its body drain of the remaining blood. Meanwhile, he had a different pig half to dig into. His jaws were dripping with anticipation, pork in its rawest form. How would it taste? He'd always enjoyed it back when cooked meat tasted good. Not a trill left to spare, he dug in while it was still warm. He bit through the base of the creature’s chest, diaphragm to be precise, and held it upside down like a morbid bowl of some sort. Then, with all the upper vitals presented to him, he dug in. Swallowing chunk after chunk of pig guts as they tore from their set place with ease. It was soft, moist, warm, a little salty; divinity in flesh. Everything he appreciated in a kill. Did he mind matting his fur with the beast’s life force? Not really.

at the very bottom of the bowl remained various pipes that he couldn't quite rip from the carcass, he had to leave it. By now, the bowl was already overflowing and pouring onto the floor in a medium sized puddle around his table, but he didn't care. The wood had already bee stained with eagle, ryon and anaconda blood - so what if the blood of a swine stained it too? He peeled the chunks from the underlying muscle with the aid of his claws. Sadly, he couldn't eat metal and didn't have the patience to puck the organ free of all that denied him, so had to settle for the remaining flesh on the bone. With each sharp twist of the head, he took a sliver of meat.

The upper-skeleton was bare at last, the bones still slightly warm to the touch. he'd grown to be ever so good at stripped the flesh from prey, swallowing unnatural-sized chunks of meat at a time. Though the were-bear, in itself, was unnatural. The beast sat back in his bed, satisfied. A low growl rumbling through his own chest in appreciation of the feeding while he forgot what he was meant to be doing. It was only when he caught a glimpse of the sheet of skin beside him that he remembered the draining boar. With a groan, he stood up and looked to the mess of blood he'd let grow wild. With one swift motion, he separated a spinal column from the boar’s skeleton and got to work sanding it down to the appropriate size for his totem necklace, autopilot took over from here.

Once he'd stirred from his daydream, he held the bone with a blood-glue mixture pasted to its back and a tuft of bronze hair. he blinked rapidly as he pressed the two together and held. Had he really done this to the point that he didn't even need to concentrate on building the totem anymore? He removed his totem necklace, untied the knot and slid on the new addition to the family - his tenth totem, including the Fridgar one. Retying the sliding knot was difficult with claws, but he managed in the end, he'd often spent more time in bear or were-bear form that he'd adjusted to performing day-to-day tasks naturally.

The only thing left was to test the totem. He focused his energy, painting a map in his head. He took the bear totem as the base form and applied the bronze fur to the quantity of the bear's. All very experimental, but he'd wanted to try borrowing for quite some time. With everything in place, he closed the map and peered to his bear totem. It felt different, time to see if the transformation worked. Focusing his being in the usual manner, he looked into the bear totem, glaring with intent, shaking a little as he tried to force the transformation. Nearly there... And with a final push, it began.

The process took an agonising three bits to complete, the form being more complex than anything he'd ever attempted before. When he opened his eyes, he was on all fours in full bear form. Examination of his paws revealed that his fur was indeed a different hue to the usual. Fridgar grinned. Taking a few steps around revealed him to be a lot heavier than he was used to, but still not much in the face of the bears strength. The sound of metal on metal grinding sounded as he moved as the hard bristles of metal fur moved with each other and he felt no discomfort, to his own surprise. Except maybe the occasional pinch when his skin got caught between the flexible armour he'd just created.

Now, if only there was a way to apply the bronze fur to his were-bear form...
word count: 1033
-- Bertrand Russell
Nymph
Prophet of Old
Race: Mer
Renown: 0
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

XP Award!
Fridgar:

Experience Award:
  • Story 3/5
  • Structure 5/5
  • Collaboration 0/5
These points may be used for Domain Magic.

General Lore:
  • Animal Husbandry: Positive Reinforcement
  • Animal Training: Suffering the Consequences of a Pissed Pig
  • Gwen: Helping a Friend in Need
  • Gwen: An Aukari
  • Gwen: Trusts You
  • Gwen: Know and Accepts You are a Mage
  • Gwen: Calls you Kitty
  • Gwen: Will Keep Your Secret
  • Austin: An Aukari
  • Becoming: Bronze Boar Form
  • Hunting: Bloodletting the Kill Post-Mortem
  • Hunting: The anatomy and edible parts of a Bronze Boar
  • Becoming: Borrowing
Loot:
  • -100GN for Bronze Boar (Untrained)
    Bronze Boar (Deceased)
    Bronze Boar Totem
Injuries:
  • Boar Bite: Like all animals, the mouth is a foul place. If the injury is not cleaned and treated properly, infection will set in in the next trial or two. Severe infections can cause sepsis (whole-body infection) and potentially death. You should get the wound treated soon.
  • Bruised and Abraded Knuckles: Punching a stone wall can yield injuries. Lucky for you and your Lothar background, you did not suffer any broken bones. These injuries should heal on their now in 7-10 trials.
Notes:
Nymph's comments: This was an interesting thread as I have not truly encountered one of your threads as of yet aside from where you threw a door at Andraska. I appreciate your unique personality. I thought it was funny that big ol’ brawny Fridgar was blubbering too. I always appreciate emotion in threads.

I saw an occasional grammatical or spelling error. I would simply recommend that post be reviewed.

Plague's Notes: A moderate overstepping penalty to apply for the season of Ashan. Becoming more than once in a thread will make him nauseous and if he pushes past two times in a thread he will become violently sick for a few bits afterward, shaky, and unsteady. This weakness can be aggravated by continuing changes and overstepping penalties. If he pushes himself in a thread to the point of overstepping again during Ashan, he will need to inform the grader that he has moderate overstepping already.
► Show Spoiler
word count: 1038
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be then me.
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Andaris”