• PM To Join • [Farms] Ilaren v. Aelig! Fisticuffs for Immortals.

The capital city of the of Rynmere, here is seated the only King in Idalos.
Sintih
Race: Yludih
Profession: Student
Renown: 110
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

[Farms] Ilaren v. Aelig! Fisticuffs for Immortals.

here was very little that Sin knew about the man sitting in front of him but if there was one thing he was completely sure of it was that the man wasn't paying any attention to him what so ever throughout his whole explanation. It irritated Sin to no end that someone would waste his time like this but at the same time he didn't expect anything else from a man like Fridgar. Good thing this wasn't meant to teach Fridgar anything useful. As long as he delivered on his end of the deal, Sin had gotten everything he needed from it. For a moment, Sin wondered if this had been how Doran had felt about him in the beginning. Despite his dislike for the man's inability to follow, Sin did his best to keep up a friendly face.

"That was the deal, yes." Sin said, responding to Fridgar's question. Why was it that interesting women in his life always went for the idiots? First Padraig and now Fridgar. Fridgar was big, muscular and had just tried to assault him as a bear so when the man told him they were leaving to go buy food, Sin complied. He grabbed his pack and put everything back in it and swung it over his shoulder. Did Fridgar even realize they were about three breaks away from the city gates? While it was true that they'd arrive in Andaris around lunchtime, Sin had been planning on practicing. Although, perhaps Fridgar's lesson on becoming might prove valuable enough. With his backpack on his back, Sin hurried through the snow to catch up with Fridgar before the man started his explanation.

It was indeed a necklace the bear had been wearing. Sin tried to get a better look at the totem Fridgar showed him but walking, listening and trying to get a good look at small piece of wood or something was difficult to combine. Sin nodded as they walked further. Despite many arguments, long nights and somewhat of a knowitall attitude, Sin quickly came to miss Doran's way of teaching as Fridgar kept talking. "Do these substances need to be in a certain place or do you need to do something with them before making a totem? I mean, I assume it's not just putting some fur, blood and bone together and you're done, right?" It seemed that these totems where the thing Sin was looking for. If he could mask his natural ability to shift between faces and races by wearing some of these on his person, he'd be able to get away with a lot more shapeshifting. After all, being caught using an unlicensed magic was much better than getting caught being an Yludih.

"I get you. So the totems are sort of the same as the sundial. They help to channel your ether so you can better control the effects, right?" Sin thought out loud, running his thumb over his chin. There was a surprising amount of information in Fridgar's explanation. He'd expected more grunting for some reason. As if he'd suddenly thought about it, Sin added something else. "Oh, right, the sundial is something that helps people with my magic to travel across Idalos. You could visit Treidhart and come back in a few trills using one of them. Sadly, using one is still far beyond my skill with the magic." He shrugged, seemingly stating a fact as he described his own skills.

Sin hadn't even thought about the pain yet. Rupturing didn't hurt and for some reason the thought hadn't come to mind. Reshaping a body like that would cause immense pain across the entire body. Perhaps the totems helped to contain the magic while the becomer was being wracked with pain strong enough to break the concentration of even the strongest minds. It was clear that the magic wouldn't suit Sin even if he wanted to learn it. While he had only learned the very basics for it, Sin figured that his own abilities were of a similar caliber and required no ether to use, something that Sin thought was quite the blessing for a someone like him who overstepped rather quickly with only one magic under his belt.

"Actually, talking about food, instead of going all the way back to Andaris, which will take two or three breaks, why don't we go meet someone I know near here. I'm sure he'll give you a good deal on his food. It'll be quicker to get and we can go back to the grove and we could show each other some more of our magic. I was actually trying something new before you came around. Do you know any other animal forms? Their walk had already taken them past Sin's ancestral home so the walk to the farmer Sin was talking about would take around half a break to finish. If he could convince Fridgar to go back with him, he could observe the becoming with much more focus. "Besides the immense pain you mentioned, are there any drawbacks to using the magic? What if you change forms a few times in a row, for example? I know many magicians have suffered incredible backlash from using their magic."
word count: 903
Varthakh
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Jeger
Renown: 580
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Fridgar brushed his beard in thought. "Nah, it's pretty much that simple." he spoke in regards to the crafting of totems. "I mean, getting the pieces to stay stuck together can be a bit of a pain if you don't know what you're doing, which is why I tend to mix 9 parts blood 1 part glue and use that to attach the hair and bone." Fridgar explained. He only just managed to keep his focus as Sintih explained the sundial in his magic. "Sort of..." he started "But you can't actually become unless you have your totem in sight or within grasping distance, it takes a lot of focus." he nodded.

"Yeah, that sounds like a plan." he agreed before turning on the spot and following at the blue man's side wherever he lead him. "That sounds kinda fun actually. I've been meaning to try out an ability or two but uhh..." he sighed, looking to Sin before continuing. "...I tend to practise on the go, I haven't sat down for a dedicated training session in a few arcs now - this is gonna be tons of fun." he declared, rubbing his hands together and breathing into them. He raised an eyebrow to the blue man "What? Is turning into a 10 foot 800lb bear not awesome enough?" he sighed, this was one of those questions that everyone asked when he showed them his abilities. "I have 6 forms total, you've seen two - The Lothar and the Bear. I also have a horse, wolf, hare and cat." he looked to the blue man "Just the animals native to where I lived at the time".

He stroked his beard as he focused, thinking intently on any drawbacks that the blue one had asked about. ”Well, you can't use the magic unless you have your totems with you. Some people end up trapped as an animal because they've lost all their totems... If that counts as a drawback?" he asked, deep in thought. "My teacher told me that there was a price to pay for using too much of the magic, but I have yet to pay that price - If that counts as a drawback" he shrugged. "Oh, and if you shift quickly as I did from Bear to Lothar it's called 'Unleashing', doing too much of that will probably kill you, it's super taxing." he chuckled as they walked. "My teacher would throw a fit if he saw me using it for convenience like I have been." He shook his head.

"Can I ask you a question?" he asked, turning to Sintih and halting in the snow for a moment. "...Why are you so blue...?" he spoke seriously, fixing his eyes on Sintih's white globes.

Once they'd arrived at the farmhouse Sintih had lead them to, Fridgar looked to Sintih questioningly "You sure this is the place?" he asked with a raised eyebrow. It looked like an ordinary farm house, nothing about it looked restaurant esc. With an exhale, he knocked on the door and waited for a few trills. A somewhat elderly couple answered the door, looking up at the Lothar, surprised. "Umm, can we help you, son?" the man asked, Fridgar sighed. "Sorry to bother you two, but can me and my friend here by some food? I've got-" he was cut off as the two looked to Sintih and immediately burst into conversation.

Fridgar groaned quietly to himself, ignoring the fuss and looking elsewhere. Once they were done, the male looked to Fridgar with a smile "You want food? No problem, as long as you've got the nel to pay for the ingredients!". Fridgar nodded "Yup, picked up my wages this morning." and with it, the older man motioned the two inside. Fridgar followed, warily.
word count: 650
Whenever one finds oneself inclined to bitterness, it is a sign of emotional failure.
-- Bertrand Russell
Sintih
Profession: Student
Renown: 110
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

he walk over to his old house and past it towards his old neighbors was much shorter than the hike back to Andaris. With this and Fridgar's apparent interest in training together, Sintih thought he might actually be able to get something done, despite the earlier interruption. The break would also allow him to get rid of most of the overstepping from the fight as well. The good thing about quickly overstepping lightly was that you learned how to pace yourself. The bad thing was that you could never really put in the work unless you were willing to risk worse.

As Fridgar explained that he wasn't much of a student but instead preferred to do things instinctually, Sin wasn't surprised. He was a little jealous, however, of Fridgar's ability to still be in one piece after using magic "on the go" as he so claimed. A very dangerous way to use and practice magic. The sigh in response to his question didn't go unnoticed but Sin cared too little for Fridgar's opinion to bother with an apology. If he wasn't used to a few questions when he publicly used magic, he simply had to stop doing it. If only Sin could turn of his sickness, he'd have done the same a long time ago. "It's pretty awesome. I'm just curious. Your answer helps me to understand the abilities of your magic better." He was surprised to hear Fridgar describe his Lothar form as one of his forms, as if he was only capable of looking like this because he had access to the magic. A curious way to look at one's original form.

It was quite a sight, to see the Lothar attempting to think. He had the classic beard stroke and Sin could almost see the wheels turning in the large man's head. He wondered if the man was developing a headache from all this thinking and talking. Or at least helped nurture the one he already had from last night's party. "Being stuck as an animal for the rest of your life? I think that definitely counts as a drawback." Sin couldn't imagine being stuck as an animal, a conscious mind stuck as something so base and incapable. He was quite happy that his natural abilities were only capable of turning him from one sentient race into another. At least he was always able to converse with others and discuss things. Although, he had been thought that it was possible for him to reshape himself in any form he desired, as long as he had the patience for it.

Their discussion stopped suddenly as the Lothar turned to look at him, the snow reaching up to his ankles. Sin stopped as well but he couldn't help but stare at the Lothar as he asked his question. For several trills he simply looked at the man, his own mind empty from the shock of stupidity that had just washed over him. "Are you serious? You are, aren't you?" One look at the Lothar's face told Sin all he needed to know. The man had actually asked that. Now it was Sin's turn to take a deep breath and let out a heavy sigh. Why hadn't he expected this? If the man couldn't even properly pray to his immortal. "Well..." Sin took a moment to think before answering, trying once again to find a good and simple connection for him to use.

"You know how the Ithecal have a snake body and the Avriel have wings, right? Well, I'm an Eídisi..." Sin smiled, although for an entirely different reason than Fridgar might suspect. "...and this is what Yvithia gave us. This skin and these scars are her gift to us, to always remember that she created us, brought us into existence, to help her understand the world. Like the Qi'ora and their stone like skin and you with all your hair and big body. It is what sets us apart from the rest of Idalos." Sin couldn't believe he actually had to explain something like that to another person. He couldn't even remember a story where that question had been asked in, let alone a personal experience.

The remainder of the walk took them to the farmhouse where Fridgar proceeded to knock on the door, despite his mistrust in Sin's ability to provide a place with food. It had been a long time since Sin had seen his neighbors and when the old couple opened the door he was surprised to see the change in them. They had grown old in the arcs he hadn't been here. Not that he had been close with them when he still lived here but they'd visited often enough that he'd had some sort of image of them in his mind. It didn't match with what he saw now. He was pulled from his thoughts by a sudden rush of attention. "Little Sintih? You've grown so much since we last saw you." The woman walked up to him and he gave her a quick hug before shaking the man's hand. Their greeting and initial questions were beginning to take up too much time, Sin could see it on Fridgar's face, so he directed them back to him.

The farmer invited them into their house once it was clear that Fridgar was capable of paying for everything he wanted to eat. Sintih followed inside. the house wasn't much and Sintih found it a little cramped. He wasn't sure how Fridgar felt here. They were similar in height but the Lothar was probably twice as wide as him. The little hallway led into a single large room that doubled as everything apart from the bedroom and bathroom. The woman began on the food as soon as they got in while the farmer hosted them, offering them some beer to drink if they so desired. The food came out only a few bits later, a hearty meal consisting of thick bread, simple cut meat and milk to soften it all up with. Sin, quite used to such meals, quickly dug in, thanking them for their hospitality.

About a break later, Sin was back outside, waiting for Fridgar and the man to finish their business. While they'd known each other for many arcs now, their connection had always been strongest with his parents, much like everybody else in his life he'd met before their "death". Sin waited for Fridgar to finish up before taking his leave from the elderly couple, thanking them again for the hospitality. He promised that he'd come back soon to talk some more but he wasn't too serious about the promise. "Ready to get back to work?" He asked his companion before heading back towards the grove. It was still their best option unless Fridgar somehow carried a secret room in his pack somewhere.
word count: 1190
Niv
Approved Character
Profession: Tiny Sage
Renown: 101
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Sintih

Knowledge:

Knowledge:
Rupturing: Quick-succession blinking leads to overstepping
Rupturing: Attempting to rupture space for a portal
Rupturing: Making doors to move from place to place
Rupturing: Bend space like squishing snow
Rupturing: The sundial
Rupturing: The sundial is used to rupture long distance
Rupturing: The sundial is a high level skill
Becoming: Change shape with totems
Becoming: Uses bone, blood and hair to make totems
Becoming: You can't become unless you're in close range of your totems
Acrobatics: Rolling out of the way of a charge
Animal Husbandry: Use food to keep animals from eating you

Domain magic: Ether and stuff
Illaren: Would prefer a big brawl over an easy one
Ithecal: Snake bodies
Avriel: Winged creatures
Eídisi: Blue skinned and scarred by Yvithia
Qi'ora: Stone-like skin
Fridgar: Hairy and big bodied

Loot: 
say good by to your rations.
Injuries: 
I agree that you likely would have already felt the effects long ago.
Fame:
I’m not subtracting magic because I doubt anyone present will care.

Magic:
These points can be used for Rupturing and becoming Magic

Skill Points: 

Notes: 
Its too bad this wasn’t able to be finished. still fun to read non the less.

Art credit to Yoshitaka Amano
word count: 222
Aegis
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Miscellaneous

Re: [Farms] Ilaren v. Aelig! Fisticuffs for Immortals.

[anchor=OptionFour][/anchor]
Thread Review
I actually did read it :P Fun thread :D Enjoy your points.
Fridgar
  • Skill Points - 15
  • Renown - 0
  • Skill Knowledges
  • Non-Skill Knowledges
  • Items and Other Rewards
Player 2
  • Skill Points -
  • Renown -
  • Skill Knowledges
  • Non-Skill Knowledges
  • Items and Other Rewards

Final Notes

If you have any questions, please PM me. Also please add the provided stamp to your review request found here and please update your CS with all of this information.

Code: Select all

[center][img]http://standingtrials.com/gallery/image.php?album_id=39&image_id=12064[/img][/center]
word count: 119
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Andaris”