A Forest for new Friends

A meeting in a forest, the beginning of many.

Here are all threads from before the Fall of Emea in 719 and all threads pertaining to the Fall. As of Ymiden 719 (1st June 2019), this forum is locked for new threads and is a repository for old content.

Moderator: Staff

Ti'niva
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Hunter
Renown: 98
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

A Forest for new Friends

87th Zi'da, Arc 716

He peered around the tree, his eyes examining the small clearing before him with trained skill. The floor was covered in a thin layer of snow and only a few flowers had managed to keep their red heads above the snow. The air was cold and refreshing, Ti observed his breathe turning white in the air and smiled. Something about cold weather was relaxing and comforting to him, but even in this comfort he could not ignore the fact that something had brought him here. A strange pull had lead him through the forest and to this particular clearing, one that seemed empty. The Makubwa Lori was a big place, one did not simply wander into a specific clearing there was always a reason, or so Ti believed.

The emptiness was, however, short lived. Right at that moment a snowy owl came down and landed in the center of the clearing, the black parts of the feathers the only part not disguised with the snow. He watched it curious, his eyes following its graceful landing, birds and flight were something that amazed Ti. Then there was a sudden transformation that took place. Right there in front of him the owl began to transform, its body morphing into something more than double its size. The feathers turned into hair, long black locks, the wings became arms and the feet legs. He thought his eyes must have been deceiving him and he blinked hard a few times to make sure he wasn't imagining it.

The transformation was quickly complete and before Ti now stood a tall woman, one much greater in height than himself. Her black hair contrasted with her pale skin, much paler than any Sev'ryn, and her blue eyes were stunning. He stared at her from behind the tree, his mouth agape. He felt the tug there again, reminding him he should be there, like he had no choice but to help her with something. The pull was much like what he had felt for his familiar while he was searching for her.

He felt rude and ashamed as he stared, he should not be spying on her it was wrong. Yet, part of him wished to just stand and watch her, she was definitely something nice to look at. He shook his head, his mind in places it should not be as he took the step forward from behind the tree. "Hello there," he smiled at her shyly, "I promise I was not spying on you, it was an accident." He came more out of the trees so he could be seen easier. He found himself circling her, as if to admire her from all angles, although he felt more like a wolf circling prey. It was strange how living in the forest had given him some odd animalistic traits. But he kept smiling to reveal his good intentions.
Last edited by Ti'niva on Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 494
Teryani
Approved Character
Race: Naerikk
Profession: Teacher
Renown: 10
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters

Milestones

Miscellaneous

A Forest for new Friends

Flying was exhilarating. Teryani, often going by Teri, knew this for a fact. If she had her choice, she would fly every day. How wonderful it must be, to be an Avriel… to have wings. She thought as she soared, the wind breezing through her thick white and black marked feathers. Her dreams were often like this, in animal form. Most of the time, she was a bird, a snowy owl to be exact. It felt natural to be like this, almost as if breathing.

Yet, instead of the snowy mountains of Viden, Teri now found herself flying over a forest that she didn’t recognize, the trees covered in snow. Circling above, Teryani could have laughed in joy at the rushing feeling as she suddenly dove down. Spotting a clearing, Teryani’s eyes narrowed in determination as she moved into more of a glide.

Once she was near the ground, she could feel herself shifting. It was so natural in her dreams, though she had the feeling if she had the ability to shapeshift in real life, it would be much more painful. As her feet touched the ground, a smile lit up Teri’s face. Looking down at herself, she found herself clothed in a beautiful strapless red dress that went all the way to the snow covered ground. Her hand reached down to grab the soft, extravagant fabric. She couldn’t tell what fabric it was, but she knew it was lovely. Teri never wore such things in real life… but in a dream, barefoot and in a dress like this one… it was truly a gift.

The half-Sev’ryn half-Ellune was busy examining her newfound wardrobe when she heard a footstep and a voice. Jumping, she released the fabric so her hand could go to her neck, stumbling back as she whirled around to lay eyes on the man who had spoken. When she saw the shorter, darker skinned male with long, dark hair, her breath caught in her throat. How long has he been there, watching me?

In truth, Teri didn’t know what to think of the handsome male. She had never found anyone else in her dreams before, and the way he circled her made her feel very much like prey. Turning instinctively, her blue eyes never left him, swallowing her nerves. “W-Who are you? And what are you doing here, if not spying on me?”

Nearby, she heard the sound of ruffling leaves, and- being already on edge- Teryani jumped again, nervously backing away from the stranger who was smiling at her. Her hand reached back on instinct, but she didn’t have her bow in this dream. She didn’t think this man sought to hurt her, but at the same time… “D-Don’t come any closer. I… I can defend myself.” She lied, her voice ever so slightly shaking. Whenever she lied, Teryani’s nose always twitched like a little bunny rabbit, just as it did now. However, she had her reasons. She didn’t know him.

Last edited by Teryani on Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:41 am, edited 2 times in total. word count: 518
Summer Rain
Avrae Kyric Asari Rosacea Olivia Warrick Talisa Tawfeek Teryani Shenandoah
CS CS CS CS CS
Plot Notes Plot Notes Plot Notes Plot Notes Plot Notes
Templates Templates Templates Templates Templates
Partner Partner Partner Partner Partner
Ti'niva
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

A Forest for new Friends

She seemed nervous, like there was something wrong. Maybe it was the circling, he imagined it to be unnerving and so he stopped. He smiled calmly and even took a step back, he did not wish to scare the girl before him. "I am Ti'niva." He said reaching up and running his fingers through his hair and moving it out of his face. "As for being here, I don't really know. But I promise I was not spying on you, it was just coincidence." He said trying to explain himself. He, personally, did not truly believe in coincidence, but this was no time for discussions on fate. Instead he found himself admiring the red dress she wore, it reached right down to the snow and fitted her body well. It looked like the most luxurious fabric, something you could sit and run your fingers over for hours. It was certainly not something you would normally see around Desnind.

She jumped at the sound of some rustling behind her, Ti found himself leaning to the side to look around her and for the source of the sound. He could see nothing and so returned to standing up straight. Ti frowned slightly, why was she telling him she could defend herself, did she perceive him as a threat. He found it a little amusing that a such a tall woman, such as herself, would find little Ti intimidating. He couldn't help but let out a soft warm chuckle. "Okay I won't come closer, I am friendly, I won't hurt you." He said reassuringly, his hands raised to show he had no weapons. He briefly wondered where Áine was, that panther was always disappearing on him.

He watched her carefully examining her, maybe in a little too much detail. His eyes traced the generous and well placed curves of her body. He found himself even biting his lip ever so briefly before he realised what he was doing. His eyes widened a little with the realisation and he shook his head a little, slamming his eyes shut while he regained his composure. Women were intriguing to the young man and his limited experience with them made them quite intoxicating to his mind.

His composure regained he returned to looking at the young woman opposite him, making sure to keep his gaze in appropriate places. "Now you know who I am, who are you?" He asked returning the question, he felt it only fair she revealed her name as he had done so himself. He turned slightly and examined the tree behind him, he ran a leaf that was covered in snow through his fingers. The snow fell to the floor, but the glossy surface of the leaf remained as it was. Nature was a wonderful thing, how the leaves had something to protect them from the weather, he wondered why people didn't have a glossy layer to protect them, or maybe that was the point of their skin and clothes.

He span back around on his heels again facing the girl and taking a step forward this time. He was sure she could not still be afraid of him now. How could someone fear him, he was one of the kindest people around, although his mind did now remember Oscillus and the horrors he had been part of there. He shivered and his body actually shook a little, he was sure the woman would just put it down to the cold. "What brings you here tot he forest? Owl woman." He made reference to the creature she had just been. A lovely snowy owl that had transformed into a most intriguing woman, one that Ti was struggling to remain his normal self around.
word count: 633
Teryani
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters

Milestones

Miscellaneous

A Forest for new Friends

Teryani was not known for being brave. In truth, she wasn’t usually so skittish in reality, but here… well, she had never met another person here. Certainly not one like Ti’niva. Though, it was strange… There was a strange pull, a feeling like there was a thread around her waist and it was being tugged. Was he the reason she had flown here? Where was here, anyway? There were plenty of questions running through her mind as Ti’niva introduced himself. Eyeing his appearance and hearing his name, Teryani realized quickly that he was a Sev’ryn. Could he be connected to my other dreams? For the last few seasons, Teryani’s dreams had been increasingly confusing. No longer were they placed in the great towers of Viden, instead they were almost always outside- usually spent in the sky. More and more often she was that of an animal, at one with the nature around her. When she woke up, of course, it was always bittersweet, like a part of her had been taken away. It’d been making her restless.

Tucking her hair behind her ear, Teryani tried to relax, though his words on coincidence made the smallest smile appear. She didn’t believe in coincidence. “They say coincidence is just an instrument of fate.” She spoke softly, her arms wrapping around herself.

The rustling was another common thing in her dreams as of late. Teryani had been having lots of dreams where there would be noises out in the woods, drawing her closer. It was like there was something out there, waiting for her to find it. Letting her eyes return to Ti’niva, Teryani was surprised to see the way he was examining her, his teeth baring down on his lower lip. Heart skipping a beat, Teryani found herself standing very still, watching him. No one had ever looked at her quite like how this male was now, and she could feel the apples of her cheeks turning a very warm, rosy pink.

When Ti’niva closed his eyes, Teryani let out a breath she hadn’t realized she’d been holding. Clearing her throat, she spoke, “My name is Teryani… Teryani Shenandoah. I’m sorry for the way I act… You just surprised me, is all. I didn’t expect anyone to be out here.”

Like Ti’niva suspected, Teryani didn’t move as he grew closer. In fact, she moved towards him a few more steps, hesitating but remembering her manners. “Pleasure to meet you… Ti’niva.” She greeted him more properly, giving a smile. Now that she stood right in front of him, their height difference was much more apparent. Owl Woman… That’s fitting. She thought absently, blushing a little bit more. No one had ever seen her in such a form. She had no such ability in real life, after all. Tilting her head slightly, her blue eyes were wide and guileless as she studied Ti’niva, pondering how to respond. Finally, she answered him.

“I come to be free… I don’t know what brought me here, only that it’s where the wind carried me. Isn’t that how wandering usually goes?” Her smile grew, and Teryani gave a small shake of her head, glancing around the clearing before she looked back at Ti’niva. “Although… I fear it may have taken me a little farther than I should be. This doesn’t look like Viden… I’m not quite sure where I am, actually.”
Last edited by Teryani on Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 594
Summer Rain
CS CS CS CS CS
Ti'niva
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

A Forest for new Friends

He smiled at her comment, it was not surprising that she assumed the forest to be empty,not many people ventured out into the forest when this cold. "I am always in the forest, not seeing me would be harder than seeing me." He said laughing, the sound resonating deep in his chest. There was something warm and inviting about the sound of laughter, like it caused a small fire within. He rubbed his hands together before pulling his large fur coat up around him, the warmth was appreciated from the cold. He did like the cold, it was definitely his preferred weather, it meant he didn't get too hot and it was easier to regulate your temperature than in the hot. He knelt and took a handful of snow, he rolled it around in his hands and fingers into a small ball. The cold powdery icy substance became firm and slippery as the outer layer thawed and then refroze in his hands.

"It is nice to meet you Teryani, you have come to the right place for freedom, there is no freer place than the Makubwa Lori." He spread his arms wide and span slowly showing the vast forest surrounding them. He loved this place, it was his home and his hunting ground. Sometimes when alone he felt like one of the animals, like he could run with the wolves and climb with the squirrels. He smiled at his new acquaintance, his face alive with emotions that showed happiness and bewilderment.

He again found himself staring at her, the red dress was so striking and strong compared to the white and green surrounding her. "You are around Desnind by the look of the plants here." He murmured distracted by her dress that hugged her figure. He took another step forward subconsciously moving towards the inviting woman. But soon subconscious became conscious as the closeness grew and Ti stopped his legs moving. His eyes wandered there way back up to her eyes. "You are rather tall. I have to look up at you." He said looking into her bright blue eyes. The hazel rings of his own shrunk as his pupils dilated a little, he felt his breath catch a little as he came to speak again.

"Th... That is a lovely dress, what is the fabric, I have not seen something so luxurious before." He asked rather timidly as he admired the red dress again. He longed to reach out and feel the fabric, he wished to see what it felt like. He wanted to compare it with the hides and furs he and most other Sev'ryn wore. "May I feel it? I like to feel things, it helps me to remember them and understand them better." He looked down to the ground a little releasing the ball of snow from his hand at this point. He wrapped his hands in his coat briefly to dry and warm them again.

"I am sorry, my knowledge of social conventions are not good, living in a forest alone makes you a little wild." He said as he blushed a little, the already dark hues of his skin becoming more burgundy. Her foreign appearance was still enticing to the young man, he had yet to gain tolerance against the charms of a woman's body. He was especially susceptible to the types he did not see frequently around Desnind.
word count: 576
Teryani
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters

Milestones

Miscellaneous

A Forest for new Friends

Oh, I don’t know about that. This forest appears to be fairly big, and you are fairly small. The thought came to Teryani’s mind so naturally, and while she didn’t mean to be rude on a person’s height, that particular thought made her burst into giggles. She was rather tall, it was true, but most men were 5’11 or taller. As far as men went, Ti’niva was rather short. To cover up her giggles, Teryani raised her hand over her lips, hiding a lovely smile as her laughter filled the air between them. “Forgive me-” She began, trying to cease her giggling, “-It’s just that… well, you’re quite funny.” Who knew I would happen upon a handsome, funny man in snow-filled woods? Teryani thought, watching him kneel to make a snowball. It reminded her of when she was little, and she’d have snowball fights with her dad in the courtyard at the university.

Makubwa Lori… Teryani’s eyes widened as she stared at her happy companion. That sounded so familiar… She almost had it, on the tip of her tongue, but Ti’niva beat her to it. Desnind. Bewildered, Teryani found herself turning in a circle, her bare feet- which strangely didn’t feel the cold- making the snow crinkle underfoot. “Desnind… this is where I was born… where my mother is.” She murmured. She was drawn back to attention by comment, looking down into his beautiful hazel eyes with a smile. “Yes. I’m half-Ellune. My father is over eight feet tall… My mother is a Sev’ryn, however. I’m suspecting… since this is Makubwa Lori and you seem to know it well, that you are, too. It’s… been a long time since I’ve been here. I did not recognize it… though I should have. I feel at home here, even though it has been many arcs since I set foot in these woods.”

Pausing, Teryani could not help but ask him, “Does it bother you? That I’m so tall.” She genuinely wanted to know as they stood much closer than before. For some reason, she did not feel the need to back away anymore. He was… familiar, in a strange way. This whole forest had a vibe, a calling that she didn’t entirely understand- but it felt right.

Her surprise was clear on her face as Ti’niva asked about her dress. Glancing down at herself, she smiled. “Thank you. I don’t usually get to wear things like this… I wish I could more but… well, it’s not really affordable to buy such luxuries. Besides, clothes get dirty, torn, ruined. I… I’m very rough sometimes and I’ve messed up a fair amount of clothes, whether it’s from slipping on ice when out for a run and tearing my pants when I fall, or getting caught on tree twigs and having holes in my sleeves. I never get to wear anything truly nice, because it’s a luxury that won’t last long.”

At his request, Teryani hesitated. But, meeting his gaze, she gave a slight nod. “You can touch my dress… if I can touch your hair. I’ve never seen anyone with hair so long. It’s the kind of hair I could brush out, and it looks really… soft.” She was also a person who enjoyed touching things, and the most fascinating things she liked in Ti’niva was his hair. Even so, she avoided his gaze after making her request, anxious and bashful that she’d asked too much of him.
word count: 614
Summer Rain
CS CS CS CS CS
Ti'niva
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

A Forest for new Friends

He was not offended by her amusement at his height and his comments about the forest. She must not have known that most Sev'ryn were shorter than him, as Sev'ryn went he was rather tall. But he could understand her amusement and did not question it, instead he smiled with her. Even better was when she began to laugh and giggle, it was such a glorious sound, each note chiming like a bell. He was actually happy top hear she found him funny, it was much better than the woman finding him scary or creepy. Instead he rocked back on his heels and smiled. He hadn't actually smiled this much in quite some time, his life had been rather haunted by memories he would rather forget. He shook his head a little removing the cloud of sadness and guilt from his mind.

Over 8 feet, Ti found his eyes widening at the statement even though he was not that surprised. He had seen them before, fought alongside them even in Oscillus. "I have seen the Ellune you speak of, I fought along side them in Oscillus." He said nodding his head in respect as he remembered those who had not made it through that horror filled battle. He himself had come close to death on that day, he would never forget how it felt to almost plummet to your death. Again his mind had wandered and it probably would have lingered on the thoughts of battle and death if she hadn't spoken to him.

"No not at all, why would I mind that you are tall." He smiled widely he really had no reason to dislike tall folk and he actually found them quite attractive. "I quite like tall folk really, maybe it is because they are so different from Sev'ryn." He spoke honestly, he had no reason to lie and she asked him seemingly nervous about it. So he made sure that she had nothing to worry about.

She said yes, much to his surprise, she was going to allow him to feel the dress. He felt the happiness bubbling inside him, like water boiling over a fire. He began to reach forward when she mentioned his hair. He paused and looked up at her, his eyes locking with hers, his lips pursed. Yet, he could not hold it back any longer, he felt the laugh breach its confines and he reeled backwards his whole body jumping. He was in hysterics, there was something so funny about her wanting to touch and feel his hair. He felt maybe he shouldn't have laughed but he couldn't help it, he fought it back down though. Even if he still had a smile on his face and red cheeks.

"You can touch my hair, yes." He said as he noticed her dipped head. He had never been asked such a question before, but he supposed what harm could it do. He turned around and faced away from her, he reached up and brushed his hair with his fingers quickly so it was neater. "Go ahead, I don't mind." He said as he tuned his head backwards again to admire the girl before he turned away again allowing her access to his hair.
word count: 555
Teryani
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters

Milestones

Miscellaneous

A Forest for new Friends

Oscillus. The name caused a bit of melancholy to stir in Teryani, a shiver running through her. She had never been to her Ellune half’s lands- to Treidhart. Her father had left for his studies in Viden before she’d even been born, and he had never gone back. It could be said that, in that aspect, Teryani knew more about the Sev’ryn than she did the Ellune, despite having spent most of her life with her Ellune parent. To hear that this stranger, this figment of her dream had been a place she had wanted to go her whole life… she could scarcely believe it. Her eyes just lit up, and in a soft, awe-filled tone, she whispered out, “It… it must have been beautiful.” That’s what her father would tell her when she’d ask. That’s all he would tell her- that Treidhart was a beauty like no other. She knew so little about it, and had never met another living soul who had been there. Not only had Ti’niva been there, he had fought there, and great respect bloomed for him that showed all across Teryani’s face.

Questions filled her head, but knowing it may not be her place to ask, she instead smiled at his comment on liking tall people. It made her glad- this boy was pleasant to talk to, she wouldn’t want him to dislike her. Moments later, however, Teryani’s eyes went wide as, while she waited for him to touch her dress, Ti’niva looked up at her, paused, and then began to laugh! Teryani’s cheeks went bright red, wondering if her request was so funny. She would have apologized, in fact, but he seemed so happy, and his laugh was a lovely, deep sound that was pleasing to the ears.

His acceptance made her smile burst into a grin, Teryani’s face just lighting up as he turned around. Hesitating only a little, she reached forward, tentatively touching her fingertips to his long, sleek hair. The softest of gasps slipped from her lips, and she took a step closer until she was right behind him. Her fingers slid into his dark locks, gently running them down his hair, combing through it. She even gently pulled his hair back behind his ears, pulling it together just so she could run her fingers through it better. “It’s… lovely, Ti’niva.” She murmured as her hand gently worked down the long, black hair. It was like her own, but it was so straight and sleek, unlike her naturally wavy, curly locks.

Not forgetting her promise, she gently released his hair after a moment, moving around him so they faced each other again. Giving a smile, she reached out to take both of his hands, pulling them closer to her so she could set them on her waist- on the fabric of the dress. Her blush wouldn’t seem to go away, too flustered from the fact that Ti’niva had his hands on her. She’d never let a man- especially one she didn’t know- touch her like this. But… what harm could it do? For some reason, Teryani trusted Ti’niva, peering down into his eyes, closer than they had been before.

“F-Feel away… It’s… um… Really nice fabric.” She murmured, trying to keep breathing normally instead of holding her breath like every instinct was telling her to.
word count: 585
Summer Rain
CS CS CS CS CS
Ti'niva
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

A Forest for new Friends

"I would not say beautiful." He said the images of death flashing behind his closed eye lids. He would have spoken of the horrors he had seen, but it left a sour taste in his mouth and it was not something he wished to unload onto the woman. He would not want her to know of the blood he had spilled, the warrior women he had killed. It tortured him at night and in his dreams, the horrors of war would never leave him. He would be forever haunted by the it, until the day he eventually passed form this world. The idea was disturbing, like his soul had now been tainted, but it wasn't quite like that he was still himself and he would never quite understand what had changed within him.

Once she took his hair he felt his eyes close, her fingers gliding through his silk like hair was relaxing. He had not had someone else touch his hair since he was a small child, not since his mother died. He sighed as he felt her fingers running through the hair, straightening it out and occasionally running through a small knot that loosened easily. His eyes blinked open as she placed her finger by his forehead and moved the hair behind his ear, however. He had no expected it and taken by surprise it had caused his head to shift slightly as he tried to look at the fingers. Her soft gasps and the murmur behind him caused a slight blush to come over his face, the sounds were different, not like what he normally heard.

She released his hair and moved in front of him as he gently rubbed his face. His mind was all over the place, one bit he was thinking of death and the next it was about this girl touching his hair. He was even more caught off guard when she placed his hands on her waist. He looked down awkwardly as the fabric came into the palms of his hands, but the fabric was not alone. It was accompanied by the subtle curvature of Teryani's hips and upper thighs. He had expected to hold some of the looser fabric, to role it through his fingers and discover the material. The idea of actually touching where the dress was tight and well fitted had not crossed his mind.

He resisted the urge to stroke the fabric, realising where his hands really were. He gulped and retracted them letting them hang loosely by his side. "It... Its lovely." He said as he swallowed again, he was not used to feeling like this. He had held a girl once before, but then he had been much younger. He supposed his younger mind did not perceive things his older one did now. He guessed as a child he didn't even think about love, sex and all the other things associated with a woman. When he was younger they had just been another person.

Then again, he had felt that way with other Sev'ryn too, the ideas that were subtly making there way into his mind now had been non existent then. It had only been earlier that season that he had undressed before Ini'ra to honour his hunt, and then he had felt no embarrassment or shyness like he did now. It must have been something about the girl, something in particular was different. His skin was normal again as he looked up to the girl. "It is a nice fabric, much softer than any hide or fur I have seen." He admitted with a shrug of his shoulders.
word count: 616
Teryani
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters

Milestones

Miscellaneous

A Forest for new Friends

Teryani didn’t know what Ti’niva had gone through in Oscillus… but despite him not finding it beautiful, she could not be rid of the paradise she envisioned. She had always wanted to go to Treidhart, after all. In truth, she wouldn’t mind settling there someday. Yet, for now, her thoughts were here, with Ti’niva. As his hands were placed on her waist, Teryani’s heart leapt. It occurred to her suddenly that she felt… brave. As she looked down into the face of the handsome Sev’ryn who had invaded her dreams, she could feel the pull towards him, that strange inkling in her heart that told her: This guy is important. Listen to him, he’ll lead you into your future.

She wanted to kiss him. Teryani had had such desires before when a cute student of the university caught her attention, but she’d never acted on it. Now, her inhibitions melting away in the faded dimension of Emea, Teryani was oddly calm as she peered up into Ti’niva’s dark eyes. As his hands removed themselves, she couldn’t help but let out a lovely little giggle.

Teryani’s hand reached up, tracing a fingertip along his temple until she gently pushed back his long hair behind his ear like she had to the other side before. Pulling her hand back down, she hesitantly placed it on Ti’niva’s sturdy chest, feeling the vibrations of each breath and the beat of his heart. “You barely touched…” She murmured, smiling at him. “You’re a gentleman, Ti’niva… but I put your hands there for a reason.” In truth, she had done so because she had known- or rather, had a suspicion- that he would do this. That he wouldn’t take advantage of having his hands on her waist.

Hesitating, Teryani’s big blue eye studied the features of Ti’niva’s face. From his strong forehead and pronounced cheekbones to his dark, deep set eyes. Finally, they settled on his broad, plump lips. Now or never, Teri… If you don’t, you’ll regret it. She thought, steeling her nerves. Leaning her head down- as he was a whole foot shorter than her- Teryani’s eyes began to drift closed as she leaned in, her heart racing as she braced for her first kiss.

Seconds before the inevitable brush of their lips, Teryani saw it. Out of the corner of her eye, a flash of white between the trees, and the distant hooting of an owl. Gasping, Teryani’s hand slipped from Ti’niva’s chest as she pulled away, taking a step back.

“Did you see that?” She asked absently, but she didn’t really expect an answer. The urge to run after what she hoped was her familiar had stolen her from the urge to kiss Ti’niva.

Before she knew it, her feet were moving. Teryani broke into a run, her bare feet pushing her through the snow. Her black hair flowed, as did the skirt of her bright red dress. It was very much a beautiful site, a pretty girl in a black dress, running through snow-filled woods, past the trees. She took in deep breaths of the cold air, eyes searching for that owl, the Sev’ryn friend she’d made left behind her as she ran.

Finally, after a minute, she did stop. But as she turned around to find Ti’niva again, she blinked, and when her eyes re-opened, she was staring at the ceiling of her room in Viden, her heart racing as she woke up from what had been a wonderful- yet unreal- dream. Sighing, Teryani pulled her blanket a little closer, trying to piece together the fleeting memories of her dream. After a few minutes, the main thing she remembered was the dark eyes and lovely smile of a Sev’ryn male.

I wish guys like that could truly be real… But I suppose my dream guy is just that- a dream.
word count: 681
Summer Rain
CS CS CS CS CS
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “The Fall & Before”