When in Ne'haer

(Avrae) Observe, learn, and adapt!

This area is unmoderated. Please click on "Forum Rules" at the top of this page or go to the "Unmoderated Areas" forum to see the rules for playing here.
Patrick
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Trouble
Renown: 575
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

When in Ne'haer

Zi'da 69th 716, Late Evening

Tonight had become a night of nostalgia as Patrick watched in irony at the scene, the Glass Rose provided him a place to work and ply the trades he loved; after finally somewhat settling within the city of Ne'haer after a couple of weeks. Indeed the place reminded him of home, as in a lot of ways the establishment nearly felt the same. Yet it wasn't. The smell of lust and sin in the air, the sound of laughter and debauchery, all which reminded him of home; but just didn't feel the same as everything did back at the Hound.

This place felt far more fancier with its gilded architecture and silky furniture, all of which provided a higher sense of standard for such a... low class job. Well granted it wasn't necessarily low class, not when one was paid well for the services. Prostitution these days proved to be profitable to some and Patrick was no different, after what he learned last season in Rharne, he knew by now the ins and outs of the trade. He was by no means a real professional to say the least, but he certainly managed to adapt in his time.

"Patty darling," Belle who was one of the harlots here approached the bar, "you must tell Margurette that story!" The brown headed woman insisted, as she eagerly tugged another woman with blonde hair nearby. Patrick suspected that the blonde was in fact this Margurette he'd suddenly heard so much about.

"Which one love? I've told quite a few already after all." He mused with a cracked smirk as he sorted through the cabinets below, and then pulled out a couple bottles of wine for the women.

"Oh you know dear, the one with you and that nobleman you serviced!"

"The one heed over heels in love ya mean, aye believe or not he's quite the catch ladies." Patrick remarked while he poured their drinks, his eyes deviously glanced towards the as he watched them giggle in delight. "Lemme just start off by sayin' I hadn't a clue he was o' noble birth, not until after he purchased my services and we were alone in the room." Margurette gasped at the sound of the scandal, while Belle laughed maniacally as she started to drink. "Its true! Poor man was so wrapped up in his own research, he failed t' realize I'd already started t' strip fer him. By the time my clothes were off, he'd found himself so surprised that he couldn't distract himself, he was so captivated that he even referred t' me as his Incubus."

There was a moment to coo at how adorable that sounded, as Belle sat her glass down empty of the drink. "Time for my next patron, you coming to help Marg?"

"Oh of course! Do enjoy yourself Patrick, you sound like an interesting sort to be sure." The blonde quickly drank what was left of her drink, and then with a wink trotted off after her coworker. Patrick could only chuckle and watch them briefly, a hand then grasped on the spare bottle for him to pour another. While he would've admittedly enjoyed drinking straight from the bottle, this place felt too sophisticated for such mannerisms. So rather than indulge such selfish habits, he adapted and went with the flow of things.

With the glass of white wine poured Patrick took a sip of the smooth tangy beverage, the taste of white grape bubbled over his tongue as he swallowed it down. With a satisfied sigh he leaned onto the bar and watched the crowd within the lounge, still acquainting himself with the faces of the people he found there. He had after all only started work here a few days ago, therefore it would only be a matter of time before he knew every face in the establishment.
Last edited by Patrick on Sun May 07, 2017 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 673
"Freedom is everything."

NPCs Renown Rolls Timeline Influences Pantheons Trove Property Workshop Rambles Vlogs
Avrae Kyric
Approved Character
Race: Aukari
Profession: Mercenary
Renown: -32
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

When in Ne'haer

Avrae didn’t know why he stopped. He’d been walking back to the inn, intent on getting there before Ailluin began to worry, his hands stuffed in the pockets of his jacket as he tried to keep the cold away. However, the sound of laughter made his head lift up just as he passed by the Glass Rose. The tall, beautiful building with its tall stained glass windows was all alight, and the door was open- which is how Avrae had heard the laughter coming from within.

There were some very happy people in there. He knew the Glass Rose was a brothel- though not one he’d ever gone to himself. Because Avrae had never dared to go that far with anyone. It was actually a little exhausting not to. Sometimes he found himself laying awake, gazing at the ceiling of the inn, and trying to convince himself to take that step. If every Aukari combusted when they had sex, there wouldn’t be any more of us. He’d think. Or, so what if I combust? At least it’d be worth it. he would think when he was in a darker, more lustful mood.

Avrae had never entered such a place… but tonight he found his feet carrying him through the front door. Amber eyes studied the room- full of scantily clad, beautiful women and dashing, almost completely naked men. Swallowing hard, Avrae took a deep breath to keep his nerves. Head down, he walked towards the bar, sliding into a seat with a heavy sigh.

“Water, please.” He mumbled. Who am I kidding? I don’t have the money for alcohol, much less for a trained whore. Putting an exhausted hand over his eyes, Avrae leaned heavily on the bar, trying to will himself to walk out and not waste his virginity in a brothel he couldn’t even afford.

He was so preoccupied with his thoughts that he didn’t even look up to see who the bartender was, just sitting with his head in his hands, his bright red hair in full, messy view. Had he bothered to check out the bartender, his mood may have shot up immediately as he would be facing an old acquaintance.
word count: 381
Summer Rain
Avrae Kyric Asari Rosacea Olivia Warrick Talisa Tawfeek Teryani Shenandoah
CS CS CS CS CS
Plot Notes Plot Notes Plot Notes Plot Notes Plot Notes
Templates Templates Templates Templates Templates
Partner Partner Partner Partner Partner
Patrick
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

When in Ne'haer

Patrick watched the many locals that all danced and socialized all accordingly, as the Glass Rose certainly differed to the usual crowd Pat would see. The Harlot n Hound was a place that always felt alive when the night was young, where everybody acted rowdy and reveled in the spirit of fun. Oh how he missed Rharne these days. Needless to say these people were interesting to watch, their interactions and courtly manners did bring intrigue into his mind while he observed. Their posturing and flaunting about, almost as if it were a whole new game here in Ne'haer.

Well... a different sort of game. Manipulation was still the key here and Patrick learned plenty of it, thanks to the one man who had been his idol during that time. "Just water?" He remarked with furrowed brows once he heard a new customer give an order, something that proved a little unexpected granted the place they were in. Patrick looked to see who the new arrival had been, surprised to find that it was actually a gingerly man that felt oddly familiar. Regardless of the feeling he mentally shook it off, and in a short manner of time poured a glass of water for the man who joined him at the bar. "Long day I take it," He pointed out through simple observation, "Usually whiskey or rum is the sort of thing I defer to."

Naturally Patrick was great at suggesting drinks due to being a... well a drunkard and a bartender in this case. Needless to say the man certainly did look the part of needing a drink, that much had easily been determined from how heavy his head rested into the crevice of his hand. When the drink rested before the man and Patrick rested against the bar, he soon got a full front view of just who had graced his presence. That face shape had already looked familiar to him, but it was those fiery amber eyes that immediately flashed the memory. The significance of a faint hot kiss that brushed on his cheek, as a brief moment once lived a long time ago suddenly resurfaced within the reaches of his mind.

"Well hello!" Patrick casually enthused with a smirk cracked at the Aukari, he had to put a little more thought into the memory. What was that damn name? Avari? Averni? Shit it had been far too long, regardless of the time passed Patrick knew this man; from way back when naturally. "Y' might think ill o' me but I uh... can't recall the name?" He murmured with an apologetic look to the the Aukari, his smirk still present as he acted natural about the encounter.
word count: 460
"Freedom is everything."

NPCs Renown Rolls Timeline Influences Pantheons Trove Property Workshop Rambles Vlogs
Avrae Kyric
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

When in Ne'haer

It was his voice. That accent was what brought Avrae’s head up, settling his amber eyes on the man before him. A man he had shared his birthday with, once. A man he had desired for many nights after- yet had only left with a kiss on the cheek. Fark me… First Alistair with his mark of Syroa, now the hot bartender from my past? Avrae thought, giving a hard swallow as his eyes took in Patrick’s form. Unlike Patrick, Avrae caught his name instantly. It popped into his head without effort. It was, of course, because he had only desired as many people in his life as he could count on one hand- and when you have so few, you remember.

Nabua.
Alistair.
Patrick.

Three out of five, and they seemed to want to all deny him what he so badly wanted. Nabua went and died on him, Alistair and him have had a strange dance of despising each other and desiring each other, and Patrick… Patrick scared Avrae. Because Avrae saw how easy it would be to slip up- and Aukari don’t particularly like that feeling.

Avrae couldn’t help but smile as the male admitted to not remembering his name. “Hello… Patrick. As for me, well… I’m sure it’ll come to you eventually.” He said with a teasing wink. It was amusing, he thought, if the male didn’t remember his name. If he were lucky, Patrick wouldn’t remember and Avrae could waltz out of his life once more without much difference. It was easier not to form attachments to handsome human bartenders- avoiding use of names helped with that.

“As for the drink… I would happily accept some vodka, but I’m down on my luck. A place like this is a bit too rich for my blood. I’m just… stopping in.” Avrae sounded almost wistful, leaning his head on his hand as he looked up at Patrick. After a pause, he smiled. “It’s a good thing I did though, considering I ran into you. Tell me, Patrick- how’s Ne’haer treating you? This is quite the promotion from that little tavern you were working at in Rharne.”
word count: 378
Summer Rain
CS CS CS CS CS
Patrick
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

When in Ne'haer

Ilaren's tits this was going to be a tricky conversation, for the life of Patrick he couldn't recall the name. Yet the man seemed well able to remember him, likely because of the fact the setting had quite a similar feel to it as last time. A bartender serving drinks to a lonely ginger, who turned out to be a single Aukari celebrating his own birthday as it ended.

Alone. What in seven hell's was his name?! "Heh, well I'll be damned if I can't recall such a thing. Normally I don't allow such simple offenses, specifically when its to a face that's quite memorable t' me." The bartender mused as he gave in to the wink, the guy no doubt had to be enjoying the jovial taunt he gave Patrick.

"Vodka it is then, on the house." The bartender responded with a quick shuffle for a couple of shot glasses, he'd likely have to compensate for them later; but what harm would there be in indulging an old acquaintance some booze. "Ne'haer? Too quiet for my standards, needs t' be more lively like Rharne. Although," He gandered towards the others within the brothel, "the selection o' women here is astoundin'." As Patrick mused with a chuckle he placed the two shot glasses in front of Avrae, the bottle soon tilted to fill them with the servings of vodka mentioned just before.

"There ya go mate, pretty sure that makes us even." He teased with arms folded once more, the name somehow right there within mental grasp of his thought. "Avrae, isn't it? Damn I'm good!" He hardly waited for confirmation as he felt confident he'd remembered correctly, naturally the bartender went along with drinking his own beverage. With a quick chug out of the glass of wine he had, Patrick returned his attention back onto Avrae.

"What's been goin' on with you? Been busy in yer travels?" As he inquired about the Aukari he leaned forward onto the counter; briefly but slowly his gaze trailed down the mans torso and just above his waist. "Had any luck wit' yer romantic endeavors over the years?" He then teased as he recollected the last conversation even better, Avrae after all barely had any real intimate contact with others it seems.

Or so that's what Pat remembered being told anyways, how ironic would it be if that were to change tonight.
word count: 421
"Freedom is everything."

Avrae Kyric
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

When in Ne'haer

Avrae was having quite a bit of fun with this- though the free drink? That was a pleasant surprise, his eyes widening a fraction as he looked at the human bartender. “That’s… very kind of you. Thank you, Patrick.” He found himself saying, genuine in his surprised thanks. He watched the man work, smiling to himself. That is, until Patrick spoke of how Ne’haer was too quiet- and Avrae laughed, his smile growing into a grin.

“Obviously you haven’t been down to the docks after a long day at work. The Biqaj bartenders down there sure know how to throw a party. It’s the place you’re working, Pat. I mean…” Avrae took a sweeping glance around the room, eyeing the people walking around. The place smelled of sex. Not that it was a bad smell, mind you, but… “You’re working in… a high class brothel. People here are more interested in seduction and allure than in bar fights and raunchy songs. Not only that, but they’re a little too busy to be drinking what you’re serving.”

As a beautiful woman with black hair walked by, Avrae had to add, “I will agree with you, though. If I were a rich man and interested, the women in this place would be no hardship to be with.” As much as he liked the idea, Avrae also wasn’t sure he’d take the chance if he had it. He just… wasn’t really interested in paying for sex.

“Good man.” Avrae said as Patrick poured the vodka. He immediately grabbed one and shot it back, giving a sigh as the liquid burned down his throat. Flipping the glass and setting it back down, another smile made his lips curl as Patrick remembered his name. “Avrae Kyric, the one and only, darling.” He responded with a playful wink. Damn, drinking makes me sassy. Or maybe it’s just the bartender bringing out my spirit. Either way, my night had gotten a lot more interesting. He thought absently.

Reaching for the second drink, Avrae hesitated as he considered how to answer. “Oh, I’ve been here and there. Sirothelle, Desnind, Rynmere, Ne’haer. Lots of places. Wherever my feet take me, really. Well… my feet and my horse, Kadu.”

The bartenders second question, however, made Avrae’s cheeks burn as he downed the second drink, coughing slightly. As he set the glass down again, he answered with, “I’ve made… improvements.” His mind went to a handsome Lothar named Caedhe. “I’ve had a kiss, at least. But that’s about it so far. I’m… a bit braver now, though. I met someone who really tested my temper, so I’m more… comfortable with what I can handle.” The person he spoke of wasn’t someone romantic, but instead- his mentor Fridgar. That man had taught him more than magic- he’d taught him how not to want to punch him. Not that he always succeeded, though.

“So what are you doing working in a place like this? All the sex and you’re just a bartender? That must be such a tease.” Avrae mentioned. He had no clue Patrick might be someone you could pay for in this place.
word count: 552
Summer Rain
CS CS CS CS CS
Patrick
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

When in Ne'haer

Patrick's remark on the activity of Ne'hear must've amused Avrae, for he remarked on the fact the docks seemed lively when it came to the Biqaj bartenders. The comment made Patrick snicker as he wondered if there was more to what Avrae said, which led him to determine if the ginger left more to interpret than originally meant. The thought proved a joking one more or less, Avrae hadn't quite fully assumed Patrick to be working as one of the courtesans either.

"Ha!" He laughed aloud a little as he straightened up on his feet. "Believe it or not I get the pleasure of doin' what that woman does, and I get paid for it so there's twice the fulfillment there mate." Patrick mused with a grin while his eyebrows rose, an expectant look shot towards Avrae while the man no doubt realized by now Pat also worked that sort of business as well. "What I meant earlier though was just that Ne'haer's far too quiet fer me, it's not as lively as Rharne is or at least not t' my standards." He clarified in the moment he eased back down onto the bar, with arms folded over one another to prop him up before his customer.

Wait. Avrae was a customer but not one with money, still that didn't mean there weren't... other ways of payment. Truth be told he wasn't sure how apt the Aukari was to accept such dealings, nor did he know for sure if Avrae would actually be up for the bout between them. "Well I came t' Ne'haer on important business but that sort'a fell through, so I just wandered my way here and proved my value as an entertainer. Believe it or not the other ladies here think o' me as some kind o' exotic, and love the way my speech sounds or some shit." He chuckled as he downed the spare shot of vodka he had, a loud sigh sounded from his lips as the alcohol hardly phased him.

"What 'bout you? Ne'haer brought ya hear fer good reason?" He inquired so to keep the flow of conversation going. "Also if ya want a bit o' free service I can... work somethin' out in yer favor." Upon the offer Patrick pointed to himself with a thumb and winked, a raunchy smirk shot to Avrae for added emphasis on the matter.
word count: 420
"Freedom is everything."

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread

When in Ne'haer

Patrick

Overview

An interesting read! Strange to see Patrick out of Rharne, and in somewhere that seems at once familiar and unfamiliar for him. Nice interaction between the two of you, I like how you two write together! It's a shame the thread wasn't completed - I wonder how Avrae would have reacted to Patrick's offer! Generally this was well written and fun to read - there are a few instances where you use the wrong word in a sentence, but they are not major. Interesting stuff, certainly! You know how it goes ~ drop me a pm if you've got any questions.

XP: 15

Fame: NA

Loot

Nope

Knowledge

Business Management: Conforming To Standards
Socialization: Indulging Curiosities
Storytelling: The Romantic Nobleman
Avrae: Visiting Ne'haer
Avrae: Likes Vodka
Avrae: Braver and Comfortable
Avrae: If you want your part of this thread reviewed, please just post in the review request thread and we'll get to it in order.
Patrick:Please make sure your review request is marked as complete! If I haven't done it, please put my review stamp on it!
Your review request is: here!
Review stamp:

Code: Select all

[center][img]http://standingtrials.com/gallery/image.php?album_id=39&image_id=7925[/img][/center]
word count: 225
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~
Current Status:
Working on a New User Guide - feel free to feed back in the thread!
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Western: Ne'haer”