• Closed • And So We Meet Again

Freya, Wendell, Patrick, and Rei finally meet up. It doesn't go well...

This area is unmoderated. Please click on "Forum Rules" at the top of this page or go to the "Unmoderated Areas" forum to see the rules for playing here.
Freya DuCarinos
Race: Biqaj
Profession: Drug Trafficker
Renown: 65
Character Sheet
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

And So We Meet Again

Common Rakahi Pailtic Hussian
58th Trial of Zi'da, Arc 716

A season's time wasn't too long to be away from home, but Freya felt it within her bones the moment she crossed the stone gates. The walls were rebuilt and new, built thicker and higher than before. Even the gate was reinforced with metal that appeared foreign and ethereal. Even the buildings seemed new and polished, clean and crisp with new slated roofs, bricking, and iron.

Freya knew why everything looked so new. She would never forget the terror she witnessed that fateful night her and Valkan ran through the streets, fighting creatures. Creatures that were spawned from impossibility, yet they had ruined the city.

Every now and then, when they'd turn down a rugged street, small piles of rubble would be see next to collapsed buildings not yet cared for in the aftermath. It made her heart sink, something that could been seen in the way she carried herself during the entire week after their arrival. Ne'haer was her home as much as the sea was, and to think she'd run so easily from it in the face of danger...

Wendell had asked about it lightly, then attempted to cheer her up the best he could. Freya appreciated the gestures, but every now and again, her sadness would shift into anger and she'd leave his presence in a much darker mood than she'd arrived. That was the way it seemed between them, such fire and passion they both wielded, but never too little to mesh together and though Freya was undeniably attracted to him, she couldn't help but wonder if it was more so because she was lonely and in need of a warm figure to curl around at night.

It didn't take much time for her to go to him in the middle of the night and seek out his comfort as she had wanted to from the moment he'd allowed himself to converse with her. Freya entered, pressing lips to his own and fingers to collar, only to peel it away from him. But in a moments hesitation, she stopped, and though he was more than ready, she couldn't allow herself to claim such pleasure. Depression bit into her as she'd gone to leave, but his strong grasp prevented her exit and instead, saw that she slept in his presence for at least that night.

Time was of the essence and while they remained in Ne'haer, their contact for the last part of the Witch Doctor's shipment still hadn't shown to give them the product. Apparently the cold weather of Zi'da prevented the lad's ship from sailing out of Port on time and would take additional weeks to reach the city. During this time, Freya introduced Wendell to many parts of Ne'haer and even took the time to show him the snow covered gardens, decorated with red flowers that only bloomed during Zi'da. The tension between them was climbing to a crescendo, though Freya would never allow it to fall with satisfaction. Something kept her back...

Nevertheless, that didn't stop her from going out with him when he wasn't off on his own adventures within the city. She didn't care to know where he went either, but knew he was taken care of.

And so they found themselves within the Crest Break Tavern, a place Freya use to serve at before she left for a much more shady, risky career. The tavern had to be rebuilt after the invasion, but none who didn't live there would know. Freya and Wendell settled themselves against a table in the back and enjoyed food casually while discussing travel plans once the contact showed in the city.

“It shouldn't be too much longer,” Freya answered while taking a sip of ale, “From what I gather, the ship will be here within the week. Once it docks, we can transfer the last shipment onto the caravan and exit through the western gates around nightfall. The guards change shifts during that time and they don't seem to care too much about code or checking wagons very thoroughly.”

Wendell only nodded and continued with his meal. However, Freya felt inclined to speak her mind, as she always did with him, whether he believed her or not.

“Wendell,” She said quietly, grabbing his attention. “Once we're back in Rharne, once we have the payout, if you wish to leave, you're more than welcomed to. It was never my intention to have you aboard, or to steal you away from your home... I can't ever make things right, but.. I hope you understand how truly sorry I am for the misfortune that's befallen you because of my crew members. I will try my best to make it up to you in any way I know how...”

Freya wanted to reach for his hand but kept her own glue to the table. She didn't expect a response, she never did. But Wendell always had a way of surprising Freya and she knew he probably would this time.
word count: 878
Patrick
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Trouble
Renown: 575
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

And So We Meet Again

So far no luck, so far no sign of their quarry. Tension between Patrick and Rei had grown over the course of days, namely due to the approaching reality of their situation. What would happen once they found their friend? Where would Patrick be once the two lovers were united once more? He had to come to terms with the fact there was little room to be in their life, that there could be nothing more than an extra member stuck on the back burner.

He didn't want that. He wanted companionship but ultimately for himself, to deny that he wasn't being selfish in all this was to lie. Because all in all he really wanted Rei, and Wendell, but somehow that proved to be impossible for him. He set himself up for something far out of his league, and in turn allowed it to manipulate his own feelings in the process. Leading to a disappointment that remained inevitable, and that was why he became such a difficult person around Rei these past few days. He talked with her less and less the longer they remained here, and it proved to make Rei all the more flustered in that time.

"Well you could try to be nicer y' know! She's just afraid that you both might not find this friend of yours." Ri'ku tried to add as they tread through the snow, Patrick merely rolled his eyes as he kept silent. He knew well enough Rei was afraid and that's another reason why he wanted to find Wendell, so that neither of them could be afraid anymore and all of this could be done. Over. Patrick missed Rharne far too much to be dealing with all of this right now, and to top it off they had to deal with the fact mercenaries were watching them.

Yes that's correct! The mercenaries they were so friendly with on the way here, now turned into greedy bloodhounds eager for money. No doubt because Gorroc had managed to get into their heads, unless they were just pretending to play nice during the trip. "Hey! Listen!" Ri'ku demanded from underneath his jackets collar.

"I heard ya Ri, I've just gotta lot on my mind right now." He finally responded to her with thought as they approached one of the taverns, Patrick honestly had yet to find a place on his own to stay within, but granted they'd had a couple of days to bunk in the ship due to weather; he wasn't in any real hurry to head out and explore within the snowstorm that hovered over the city. When they entered the establishment behind Torn and a couple of the other mercenaries, the lot walked in to find themselves welcomed by the barkeep and a couple of serving maids.

To find shelter from the cold on dry land proved to be an even bigger relief for Patrick, as he still couldn't get over the fact the ground wasn't moving beneath his feet just yet. So long at sea and not even a chance to bathe or clean up, no doubt he looked like a wild mess with somewhat curly hair and a scraggly beard. "Welcome! Come sit by the fire and make yourselves feel at ease." One of the ladies called out as the rest entered, Patrick naturally had taken to sit at the bar before anything else. He needed a good stiff drink, very stiff and hopefully strong; enough to know him out.

"By the Fates." Rei muttered as she noticed something he didn't, or rather someone that they'd spent the last few days searching for. Wendell.

When Patrick glanced over he watched as she ran towards him, both his heart and stomach dropped as the dreadful moment finally arrived. "Yeah I'll... take a bottle of whiskey." He muttered to the barmaid as his eyes remained on Rei, the rest of the group now in his line of sight. So far he recognized Wendell and Freya immediately, while the other crew members seemed accounted for... save for one. From what he remembered Gorroc saying, there were five members including Freya... so how come only three was accounted for? Gorroc was thrown overboard supposedly, so that would've left four. Still there were three, not including Wendell into the account mind you.

With the bottle of Whiskey placed on the counter, Patrick grappled it dearly in his left hand; aware that things here were about to turn ugly very fast.
word count: 770
"Freedom is everything."

NPCs Renown Rolls Timeline Influences Pantheons Trove Property Workshop Rambles Vlogs
Freya DuCarinos
Race: Biqaj
Profession: Drug Trafficker
Renown: 65
Character Sheet
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

And So We Meet Again

Common Rakahi Pailtic Hussian
As the two were sitting, Freya watched from her peripheral as a woman glided swiftly into their space and, before she knew it, her arms were snacked around Wendell as a strangled sound squeezed from her lungs, “Wendell!”

Freya pushed away from her chair with the back of her knees as she stood, hand already reaching for the blade latched to her waist. However, she paused upon seeing Wendell’s expression and the way his hands moved when he reached to grasp the woman and pull her from him. “Rei..?” He questioned after a long pause, “How are you here?”

“Patrick and I, we came looking for you—” Her head snapped in Freya’s directions and a dark expression took to her features. Freya’s own eyes narrowed as the blonde continued, “We heard you were taken, Wendell. So we came to find you and take you home.”

It took Freya a moment to process the simplest of things the strange woman had said, but it was enough to set off alarms in her mind. “Heard that you were taken?” Freya questioned Wendell in Rakahi, “Heard how? Did someone see you get taken?”

“I don’t know…” Was his simple response back. “Rei, how did you know where to find me?”

As if the Fates couldn’t have chosen a better time, from the doorway a rather large man caught Freya’s eye and instantly, her whole form tensed as a single name was uttered past two sets of lips.

“Gorroc.”

“Gorroc.”

“That sarding, foul born bastard!” Freya hissed, watching as he entered the tavern along with other large, overbearing men equipped to the teeth with weapons. The sight of Gorroc coupled with the knowledge of a bounty on her head made everything fall into place. “He’s betrayed us!” Turning, the biqaj pointed to the back of the building, “Run now! He’ll likely capture and kill us! Go!”

All at once, the tavern erupted into chaos as Gorroc made a thunderous approach in their direction. Wendell cursed, grabbing onto Rei after a moment before taking off in the direction she pointed while Freya fell into motion, gliding over a wooden table before grabbing a stool and throwing it at the Lotharro. The chair broke against him like straw as he continued forward, like it was nothing. Within the chaos her eyes landed on a familiar face: Patrick. Had they come to capture her? Had Gorroc poisoned them into believing she’d committed his wicked deeds?

“The sharks should have devoured you!” She nearly screamed at Gorroc over the cries within the building as people rushed to exit. “I suppose you’re too much of a shit to be tasteful to animals.”

Withdrawing her dagger, Gorroc was to her before she could stab him and easily lifted her by the throat, making her choke softly as her feet struggled for the floor. “You’re funny, Wench. To think I’d go down so easily. You might’ve caught me off guard on the ship, but that won’t happen again.” His own jagged blade slid from the sheath it was kept in.

“Gorroc, the bounty says to bring her back alive.”

“Who cares about the sarding bounty.” He growled back, bring the blade up in an attempt to stab her in the gut.
word count: 565
Patrick
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Trouble
Renown: 575
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

And So We Meet Again

Yep. He knew it. Rei and Wendell were together and everything should've been all hunky dory for the two, only thing however was the mercenaries that gathered here for Freya as well as another. Gorroc. While Patrick had remained distanced from the group, he was well aware of what had been said; most of what he could understand out of things anyways. They came to Wendell's rescue just as planned, here to capture the big bad Freya and her gang.

What was the truth however? What was the real story behind them being here? Wendell certainly didn't look prisoner to them, and he certainly didn't sound like a captive. Did... did they speak in a different language? That dialect was Wendell's to be sure but the words weren't, or at least not in the form that Pat could understand anyways. It didn't matter however as now everything was soon to end, their venture here would draw to a close now that Rei and Wendell were united once more. It hurt Patrick somehow, deep down he felt himself a bit wounded about the whole ordeal. Why? Why in Seven hell's did he feel like this?

He spun around to look at the group whilst he took a long swig from the bottle, his eyes rather shallowly counted out the numbers present. Four mercenaries, three would be pirates, two destined lovers, only person missing was the man of the break. The one who ultimately declared Freya a convicted pirate and smuggler, and in turn brought them here to this foreign land. Gorroc. Freya spoke clearer in Common than she used to, either that or she'd often practiced phrases based on the idea of running. Yet she didn't turn tail towards Gorroc like a couple of the others had, no she headed straight for that big bastard; as though this insane little bird could take him on herself.

"Damn." Patrick mumbled quietly with shock at how she threw the chair, however the giant remained undaunted by the wooden obstacle. Now Freya fell captive to his unyielding grip over her, as he proved determined to gut her where he stood.

"Patrick do something!! Ri drastically fluttered around in a frantic worry, as Patrick's mind fell into a state of haste. Already he felt himself in a state of panic that demanded action, while the beats of his heart drummed loudly within his rib cage. None of the other men dared to stop what Gorroc had in line, already his own dagger was brandished and armed. At this rate it was either do or die for Freya, for everyone really, and it was in that moment Patrick gave in to the nature of his impulse.

"Waste of a good bottle." He muttered as he forced his legs to move onward, the whiskey raised in the form of a weapon he needed to ready. As he moved he put as much force into a downward swing, so that the bottles end would smash into one of the men he passed; which naturally shattered loudly while the poor mercenary quickly fell to the floor. He'd been caught unaware by Patrick's priming of his weapon, and now with half a bottle in his hand he went in for a full on sprint towards Gorroc. This wasn't for Freya, nor was it for Rei or Wendell... this was for Patrick himself. He might not have had the strength to overpower the Lotharro, but he would damn well do his own just to correct everything.

"Piss off!" The drunk called out as he shoved a shoulder into Gorroc's side, while it did little to move the man it did delay the intend to stab Freya. From there Patrick thrust his makeshift weapon into the left side of Gorroc, hard as he could to try and do more than some skin tearing. He'd never legitimately assaulted another with a bottle before, particularly in this manner he demonstrated today. Regardless of how it played out his intention was to at least give Freya a chance, whether it was to get free or even stab at the man herself; his part in all this was settling the score for everything that transpired on the way to Ne'haer.
word count: 729
"Freedom is everything."

NPCs Renown Rolls Timeline Influences Pantheons Trove Property Workshop Rambles Vlogs
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread

And So We Meet Again

Patrick

Overview

Shame this thread didn't get finished - it seemed like it was going to be a very exciting thread indeed! I felt sorry for Patrick in this, it was like he was outside of the group and realising that he didn't belong. Although you didn't go to the full three posts, you met the word count, and it was really well written so I've awarded you the full 15 points. If you've got any questions, please don't hesitate to drop me a pm.

XP: 15

Fame: Nope

Loot

None

Knowledge

Tactics: Taking Initiative
Unarmed Combat, Brawling: Smashing Bottles
Unarmed Combat, Brawling: Aiming For Underneath Armpits
Personal: Quest for Wendell Complete
Jaded Memory: Reunion in Ne'haer
Freya: If you wish your half of this review, please drop a review request and it will be completed in turn.
Patrick: Please make sure your review request is marked as complete! If I haven't done it, please put my review stamp on it!
Your review request is: here!
Review stamp:

Code: Select all

[center][img]http://standingtrials.com/gallery/image.php?album_id=39&image_id=7925[/img][/center]
word count: 209
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~
Current Status:
Working on a New User Guide - feel free to feed back in the thread!
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Western: Ne'haer”