• Closed • [Krome] Something Haunts These Woods

Alexa is abducted by Skyard, and it's only the beginning.

The seven Duchies of Central Rynmere and their respective baronies, cities, towns, villages, and landmarks each overseen by a Duke of one of the seven noble families and ultimately controlled by the King of Rynmere.
Alexa
Approved Character
Race: Naerikk
Renown: 73
Character Sheet
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

[Krome] Something Haunts These Woods

Predictably, the caveman did not react well to searing pain of the hot knife nor to the smell of his own burning flesh. For the first time since they met she had actually been the one to put him completely on the defensive. Even the stupid ape followed the screaming man outside the cave in some state of horror, though it took Alexa a moment to realize the fire was the source of their fear rather than the burning knife. Her brow rose as she looked from the flames to the primitive pair while she darted into a hiding place out of view. A smile briefly flashed across her features before she heard the sound of hushes tones addressing her from the outside. Alexa shrugged. "It's called fire," she explained to him though there was no hiding the bewilderment in her voice when faced with his ignorance. Slowly the man dared to venture back into his own home in the same way his ape walked.

The Burhan girl watched his face curiously as he dared approach the novelty. Fire had been a constant necessity in her life. Rarely was there not some sort of crackling flame warming the inside of her family home. The fact the man had apparently gone most, if not all, of his life without fire to fend off the cold was baffling. "Yes, it's hot. Don't touch." As if to make her point she waved the burning knife in her hand. His interest in the flames was quickly redirected to her, and the moment he began to approach her she felt her entire body stiffen. "You're--you're welcome," she stuttered, watching him with distrustful, wide golden eyes. In the next bit he was knocking her weapon from her hands and forcing her down onto her back.

Her heart pounded in her chest and her breathing accelerated. The potent smell of mint leaves made her swallow hard, her mind searching for its place upon a dirty man that lived in squalor and knew not of fire. The conclusions her frightened mind were coming up with did little to ease her anxiety. She swallowed hard and yanked her hand away, quickly sitting up so that she could scampered backward from the man closer toward the fire she now saw as an advantage to her survival. Over Sky's head she noticed the woman lingering awkwardly in view, coming closer now as though she had thought to address them. Alexa subtly shook her head in hopes the woman would understand exactly why the Burhan girl had instructed her so firmly to flee earlier on. It apparently fell upon deaf ears.

"Um, hello? Excuse me?" the woman dared, twisting about with a squeak when met with Aomaru's curious advance. Alexa sucked in her lips and looked toward the cave ceiling to shake her head once again. One of her hands slowly began to wander a bit closer to the fire to brave the heat. In a moment's notice she figured she could grab the safe end of a burning branch and wield it against Sky and his monkey henchman. "I just want to thank you, you know? For helping me?" The woman was pinned now against the cave wall, voice shaking just before the mandrill felt the ends of her dress curiously. Alexa cleared her throat and tried to steady herself. "You should go. Now," the Burhan girl suggested with a meaningful stare. "Go back whatever direction you came from." She missed Tala in those moments now more than ever. The woman sniffed miserably as she braved the curious monkey. "You don't understand. I have no where else to go!"
word count: 625
Sky
Race: Immortal
Profession: Bandit
Renown: 17
Character Sheet
Templates

Contribution

RP Medals

His fun was interrupted by a voice; the one he had forgotten existed in the walls of his cave. The Savage turned his head slowly toward the voice from the woman that he saved earlier. Perhaps she would simply go on about her business, and that was what he hoped. However, the moment Alexa addressed her and told her that she should leave the woman was reluctant and informed that she had nowhere else to go. She was obviously homeless, and or a slave as well in her past which might have explained why she ran away from her pursuers. Had she escaped from a lifestyle of being whipped and restrained without reason? Perhaps she was meant to become a slave, and that was her fate; yet she did manage to escape and run across Sky and Alexa at just the correct moment.

Sky inhaled, and exhaled slowly which filled his lungs to capacity and then he slowly released the air from his lungs. He sat beside Alexa, and directed his attention toward her again; had he been wrong to keep her prisoner as well if this is how she would end up? The Savage was in an obviously deep state of thought, and decided to confess to Alexa the true reason why he kidnapped her and held her hostage. Would she end up like this woman, and eventually escape him only to be found by strangers ? Would she be subjected to become absolutely nothing to the world around her, and fall victim to the same treatment that the woman previously had been.

“Alexa, I have held you captive here due to the fact that I have been alone for so many arcs.. I know that it was wrong of me to do so, but now that she is here I have begun to realize that this is a problem. If I keep you and she decides not to leave in order to gain another chance at life I would have to club you to death because you will conspire against me. All I wanted when I kidnapped you was a friend, but you don't trust me.. I can't even poke you without you getting disgusted with Sky..” The Savage spoke in a soft tone, and each of his words exited his lips slowly as a tear begun to form in his right eye.

Where he sat beside Alexa in a once far more cheerful and calm state he tilted his head forward and his elbows rested on his thighs which upheld his head. He finally decided that he would stop his cowering, and give them a chance.

“Alexa, and girl.. I am going to close my eyes, and if you are not gone by the time that they are open.. I don't even know what I might do to you both. One will survive and become my new friend. The other will die, but if you both stay.. You will both neither be my prisoners, but my friends.. I am going to give you a decision. I will hunt you down if you leave, and if either of you so much as try to sneak up on me and attack me.. Ao will deal with you.” He spoke slowly and carefully enough for both of the pair to understand exactly what he said as his voice cracked with emotion.

He was obviously sad, and regretted several of the decisions he made all at once; if his destiny was to remain in this Forest for the remainder of his life that was okay. The Savage closed his eyes and breathed heavily as he slowly wiped the tears away from his visage and waited to hear the sounds of footsteps as ao took up a position beside him, and bore his teeth to both Alexa and the other woman simultaneously.
word count: 649
If you are uncomfortable with your PC being harmed in any way shape or form I request that you do not thread with me. If you agree to thread with me, we both agree to having the ability to harm one another.
Alexa
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Templates

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Alexa's brow tightened and despite her fear there was no hiding the angry astonishment in her golden gaze. She watched speechlessly while a tear trailed from one of his eyes as he attempted to both justify his actions and seemingly send her on guilt trip. Her head began to shake incredulously. "You're lonely? You thought it was okay to knock me out and hold me hostage here with your...thing," she gestured toward Aomaru with one of her hands. "All because you felt a little sorry for yourself? You're not by yourself, you have your pet." Her voice began to raise with the intoxicating effects of emboldened honesty. Her next gesture was to the back of her head where dried blood still lingered, matted in her hair where the rock struck her."You hurt me! You hurt my wolf! Why would you think I'd want you to touch me after what you've done?" Rage overpowered her empathy. Not even his pitiful slouch or tear-streaked cheek was enough to sate her indignation or downplay the ways in which he wronged her. All the while the other woman awkwardly stood by in silence. Both of them would miss the self-pitying version of Sky in just a trill.

His next threat was perhaps the most pressing threat yet. Alexa's anger dampered with the newly ignited fear returning to her. Her eyes flashed between Sky and the other woman, whose stare was just as wide-eyed as she took in the options presented. The other woman should've fled when Alexa instructed her to. By the look in her face, she knew that now. Now was too late though. At present there was a decision to be made by both parties, and Alexa seriously doubted they could mount as sort of quick resistance. Sky was wounded but he was clearly a hardened hermit. The other woman was tired and the very touch of Aomaru was enough to make her squeal with nervousness. Alexa was thoroughly exhausted and anything but a formidable opponent. Even with Tala at her side it was clear she'd never stand a chance. There were only two options left: leave and be hunted down or stay to weather an unknown fate. Sky closed his eyes and both women made their decisions.

When the cave-dweller opened his eyes he'd find Alexa exactly in the place he saw her last. Sitting with her back against the wall she'd drawn her knees to her chest with arms wrapped around her legs. Her chin was tilted upward as though she held any interest in the smoke where it wafted up through a hole in the cave's ceiling. Tears were welled thick in her eyes, barely suppressed by sheer will alone. The other woman had tip-toed past Aomaru's curious gaze to cautiously closer but still a safe distance from both Sky and Alexa inside the cave. Her ignorant, alarmed stare drifted between mandrill, Burhan girl, and savage waiting for whatever would happen next. Either she was as desperate as she seemed or smart enough to know truly how limited her options that left her alive really were.

"Two forced friends," Alexa's voice shook and her eyes evaded both Sky and the woman's face. "You got what you wanted. No longer all alone." Hopelessness started to creep in. Withholding the tears became too heavy a burden to bear. The salty water cascaded from her eyelids, carving their wet prints down her face in thick droplets. She sniffed and tried to dry her eyes with the heels of her palms to no avail. "What are you going to do to us now?"
word count: 628
Sky
Race: Immortal
Profession: Bandit
Renown: 17
Character Sheet
Templates

Contribution

RP Medals

Sky always thought that his decisions were reasonable, but in this particular case they had not been quite so reasonable. As expected Alexa spoke in an angry tone, and an eruption of emotion in combination with words exited her lips, but Sky ignored her statements. Prior to his eyes opening he heard no movement; that could only mean neither of the individuals decided to leave for fear that one of them would end up dead. As a result of her choices, and poor decision to speak in an outrage against him The Savage did not bother to be merciful, and a smile formed across his visage. The moment she spoke, and said “Two Forced Friends.” He immediately saw the girls eyes widen with what was obvious fear, and he did not truly intend to injure them.

The Savage stood on his bare feet against the now warm cave floor, and picked up the weapon that he swatted out of Alexas hand. “Aomaru, Grab her, and hold her still.” He spoke in a soft tone, and the Mandrill rose to the occasion without hesitation and grasped hold of both of Alexas hands simultaneously. Her hands were turned over and her palms were exposed in nothing more than a split-trill. Sky bore his teeth toward both Alexa, and the unnamed woman who was nothing more than a newcomer to his home. Rather than waste time he decided to heat the blade over the flame as it diminished, and started to become calm as compared to when she first brought it to life.

For what seemed like a little over a bit he heated the sharp edge of the knife; until the weapon became so hot that its coloration shifted from silver and the edge transitioned into a dull-red. The Savage did not hesitate and Ao tightened his grip upon her hands simultaneously so that she would not be allowed to move her hands regardless of how much she wanted to do so. Sky slowly, but steadily placed the sharpened edge of the weapon against the flesh of her palms and as he dragged it across slowly cutting her flesh the heat seared the wound shut. He repeated the process and while he did so to the opposite hand he spoke to her.

“The thing that has allowed me to survive so many arcs alone was my will. If you do not wish to survive you will die, and if you refuse to kill you will be killed. If you wish to die, you will die. If you wish to live you will survive alongside me, and you will fight the bandits to protect the innocent, to slay them is to protect the ground beneath your feet. They will not hesitate to kill you, take you by force and steal from you. You must agree to do the same thing, and if it means that you must follow and abide by their terms you will do so. Your lives are at stake, and even I cannot protect you forever as I will not live forever, but I will make use of my time in dedication to you two, Friends.”

He spoke as he finished the second cut which would leave a permanent reminder of her initiation, and did the exact same thing to the newcomer. They were now his, and Sky did not mind telling them that; From his several arcs of assault on the bandits, their cargo and several murders they knew the marking to be that of his own.

“You two are now mine, and I will make each of you a Korowai cloak like my own, but yours will be different. You both have two trials to find and kill a Beast to make your cloaks with, but if you do not return with a kill I will create one for you.” Sky spoke to them both as he upheld his own cloak obviously made from a Large Bear. The Cloak was so thick that it could easily withstand a strike from a blade, or even multiple arrows. He tossed it over toward the pair, and patches of white hide were revealed as it passed the flame effortlessly, and landed on Alexa. He did not need to use it for warmth but surely she did.

Sky sat down on the opposite side of the cave, and Ao accompanied the two women. The moment he sat he leaned his head backward, and fell fast asleep while the Mandrill guarded the newfound initiates.
► Show Spoiler
word count: 783
If you are uncomfortable with your PC being harmed in any way shape or form I request that you do not thread with me. If you agree to thread with me, we both agree to having the ability to harm one another.
Alexa
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Templates

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Just like that Sky was ironically proving himself to be the savage his captives knew him to be. It was as though the man couldn't see himself or existed in some sort of alternative reality in which he was truly the hero, someone whose merit and goodness was worthy of love, affection, and something so mundane and common as friendship. His actions were anything but friendly. In a moment Alexa was seized by Aomaru at his master's command. Despite how she struggled she was dismayed to find she no longer lacked the strength to resist the ape. She tugged wildly, but nonetheless she was powerless against fate. "No! Stop it! Get your hands off me you damn, dirty--!" Alexa's demands were cut off when she caught sight of the knife.

He had chosen to wield her very own weapon against her, the same one she heated and used to save him rather than slit his throat he would utilize to do her harm. The only time she had was to take in that last sharp inhale of surprise until the cave was filled with her screams. The only stimulus she could recognize other than the touch of searing-hot metal both cutting and cauterizing her hands, was the putrid smell of her own burning flesh. All the while Sky was giving some sort of speech as though her torment were part of some ancient ritual she should be honored to be a part of. Tears streaming down her face and her own gut-wrenching echoes filling her ears, it would be a wonder if she recalled any word the man had said. When she felt Aomaru's grip loosen she skittered back with violent speed until her back hit the cave wall.

Through her tears she could see the angry red lines carved across her palms. Of course the sight of her mutilation did little to ease the panicked rise and fall of her chest and she battled for air. Even the slightest flexing of her fingers was enough to send a wave of agony through her hands. Moments later the other woman's shrieks took the place of her own. This time his speech was heard and with it realization came. Did he just...did he just initiate us into some sort of twisted bond of friendship? A blood bond he forced upon us? her mind raced along with the pounding of her heart.

He had claimed them now like a piece of property, and rather than his named carved into their flesh he'd scarred them like a cattle brand. She tried to curl her fingers again only for pain to nearly take her breath away. I can't even close my hands! How does he expect us to kill something like this? And all for some stupid cloak he insists on us wearing? The delusion of the cave-dweller was almost too much to bear. How was it her mind had become like a sick joke? Had she angered the Sacred Seven in some way to deserve such a fate?

Sky's bear-pelt cloak dropped atop her. It was predictably heavy, but the warmth it offered was too good even for her to pass up. She leaned her head upon the rock wall and let her golden gaze pin upon the dance of the nearby fire. After a while she realized the cloak carried the primitive man's scent, and thus she threw it toward the other girl in a gesture of true disgust. Had she the power to curl her fingers to form a fist she would've tightened her grip around the very knife Sky branded them with. Then her first move would've been to plunge it deep into the chest of his dastardly, rainbow-faced pet. In her mind she was seeing the nefarious scenario playing out: Sky watching with horror, crippled by the sight of his beloved companion as bled out on his floor. Death would've surely come swiftly for her thereafter, but to know her tormentor felt the same distress as she did when she watched the mandrill take down Tala would've been enough to matter. One final act of defiance before a brutal death, but one that would save her a lifetime of sorrow as his plaything. It was after that thought her mind and body shut down and carried her unwillingly to sleep. At least before unconsciousness seized her she knew no nightmare that night could ever be so terrifying as her reality.
word count: 767
Niv
Approved Character
Race: Yludih
Profession: Tiny Sage
Renown: 101
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Alexa

Knowledge:

Axes and Bludgeons (Hand Axe): A white knuckle grip
Axes and Bludgeons (Hand Axe): Downward slash
Axes and Bludgeons (Hand Axe): Cutting down a tree
Animal Husbandry: Tala’s unique cry of distress
Acting: keeping your voice steady to sound brave
Detection: looking for the source of Tala’s concern.
Detection: sounds all around you but nothing to see.
Detection: Sky’s canine teeth
Detection: someone is in trouble.
Endurance: Becoming accustomed to hunger pains.
Endurance: The harsh wind that chills the skin
Endurance: blunt force trama to the head.
Endurance: Emotional trama at seeing what could have been a friends corpse.
Endurance: Kept awake by fear.
Endurance: keeping your stomach calm while watching brutal savagery.
Endurance: Sky’s initiation.
Field Craft: Always bring as much food as possible before heading into the wilderness.
Field Craft: Making kindling
Intimidation: I’ll jam this axe into your face
Intimidation: works better when your aren’t freezing to death.
Intimidation: Flashing your fangs at an angry baboon like a badass.
Intimidation: Bandits fear the fangs as well
Investigation: The Baboon had to have had an accomplice, But who?
Investigation: Blood on the Baboons mouth! He ate my wolf!
Investigation: Finding my Hand axe
Investigation: Too small to be Tala.
Investigation: Finding out Sky’s motivation.
Interrogation: Who are you, where is my wolf, and why are you keeping me here?
Interrogation: Where did you find this Animal Aomaru
Leadership: Instructing Tala to scout ahead.
Meditation: finding focus through adrenaline
Navigation: Navigating the South west of Krome with a loyal Canine.
Negotiation: Promises of food in exchange for safety.
Psychology: should my captor die or be saved.
Psychology: crocodile tears
Ranged Combat(bow): Readying a shot
Ranged Combat(bow): hitting the right target.
Ranged combat(bow): hitting a man in the shoulder
Running: Sprinting
Running: Sprinting for help with a baboon back pack
Strength: Pulling a cart through thick snow fall
Strength: Lift with your legs.
Strength: carrying Sky to safety.
Storytelling: reading between the lines of another story
Stealth: hiding in the bushes
Shield: Defend against a dagger
Surgery: Removing a dagger from a wound.
Surgery: cauterizing the wound
Tactics: Sometimes it’s best to stay where you are.
Tactics: using strangers to escape
Tactics: killing Sky while he’s distracted.
Tactics: out numbered and out gunned
Tactics: using intimidation to your advantage.
Tactics: planning to use a hot stick to dispose of captors.
Teaching: Its called fire, nothing to be afraid of
Condemned to the wilderness
Hidden possessions under the loose floor board.
Baboon: violent creature with a red and blue face.
Sky: The demon of Krome Woods
Sky: Savage that has killed many but spared you
Sky not very strong
Sky: do I want him to win or die?
Sky: he just wants a friend
The other captive girl
Horrible painful ritual of friendship
Tala: Bested by a Baboon
Tala: Still alive somewhere.

Loot: 
N/A
Injuries: 
burning cuts on your wrist from a friendship ritual.
Fame:
killed bandits 5X 3 +15 points, General good deed Saved a girl +1, Total 16
Magic:
These points can NOT be used for Domain Magic
Devotion:
Survive a Difficult Situation + 5, Survive Alone in the Wilderness 10 = 15 in total for Karem

Story: 
5/5
Very nice and brutal, you played a survivor of a difficult situation very well.
Collaboration:
5/5
Worked very well with Sky
Structure:
5/5
I saw very minimal mistakes, like double words and such.

Sky

Knowledge:

Acrobatics: Dodging a furry of bandit blows.
Axes and Bludgeons (rock club axe): Testing it’s swing.
Axes and Bludgeons (rock club axe): attacking a crippled man.
Axes and bludgeons (rock club axe): crushing bone with the handle.
Appraisal: Female skulls make for pretty wall mounts.
Animal husbandry: The grin of a Mandrill isn’t a friendly gesture.
Animal training: Telling an animal when to kill and when not to
Blades(Sharp stick): The finishing blow to a stunned wolf.
Climbing: The slow climb
Climbing: be careful of rough bark
Construction: making the club axe your dad used.
Construction: refinement.
Detection: High vantage points help you spot prey before it can spot you.
Detection: the girl i’m gonna kill might be hot.
Detection: more people in my territory.
Discipline: Refuse the life of a coward
Endurance: testing out the sharpness of a weapon
Endurance: kick to the ribs.
Endurance: I’d rather vomit die than have you take my women.
Endurance: burning flesh
Field craft: The forest is a harsh place where you're ether predator or prey.
Investigation: Determining gender through voice
Investigation: Finding the prefect rock to beat people with
Investigation: Alexa has some nice biceps
Intimidation: Demonic sounding voice.
Intimidation: leave and I’ll eat your heart
Intimidation: forcing friendships.
Hunting: Letting your baboon weaken your prey first.
Hunting: killing your prey too soon is no fun.
Hunting: Nothing more thrilling than stalking prey before the slaughter.
Hunting: Bring the prey to you
Hunting: using a rock to strip an animals hide.
Linguistics: The shorter the sentence the easier it is for people to understand.
Linguistics: Hand Gestures help
Linguistics: Speak slowly
Leadership: Telling Alexa where to take her shot.
Navigation: Deep within the forests of krone
Psychology: The power of fear
Psychology: The need for companionship
Ranged Combat(bow): Stocking at least three arrows for an outing
Ranged Combat(bow): Using the index and middle fingers to load the arrow notch onto string.
Ranged Combat(bow): Bringing the ball of your wrist to your face when aiming.
Ranged Combat(bow): Preparing for a long distance shot.
Ranged Combat (bow): Letting an arrow fly at the right moment and hitting a man in the knee.
Strength: carrying the weight of an unconscious person
Strength: Lifting heavy rocks
Strength: Tearing off limbs (of a dead carcass)
Strength: Pounding hard on the rock to make a weapon.
Surgery: Failing to cut along with spinal cord.
Surgery: Prying open the ribcage with hands.
Tactics: Psychological warfare
Tactics: Testing a new weapon before using it on your opponent.
Tactics: Hitting rocks together to attract attention.
Tactics: Knowing when to attack.
Thrown Weapons(thrown rock): a rock big enough to knock someone out.
Thrown Weapon(thrown rock): a big enough rock can kill someone.
Thrown Weapon(thrown rock): Acting on instinct
Unarmed combat: tearing a mans face a part.
Unarmed combat: Biting a man in the calf.
Unarmed combat: savage grapple
Unarmed combat: Knee to the face.
Alexa: Captive
Alexa: Her weapon has a silver metal to it like the weapons the knights had.
Alexa: Beast within
The other captive girl:
Horrible painful ritual of friendship
Red: symbolizes blood and the sacrifices that had to be made.
Fire: hot
Leadership: Telling a female captive to eat.
Etiquette : How to introduce yourself.
Linguists : Explaining to a kidnapped victim why they can’t leave.
Tactics: Giving instructions in battle.
Persuasion: expressing the need for friendship

Loot: 
A hand made Club.
Injuries: 
N/A
Fame:
killed bandits 5X 3 +15 points, Kept two women captive -5x2, Total 5
Magic:
These points can NOT be used for Domain Magic
Devotion:
Successfully Manipulate Another Person + 5 X 2= 10 for Sintra

Story: 
5/5
Very nice and brutal, you really captured a savage jerk to me and I liked it :)
Collaboration:
5/5
Worked very well with Alexa
Structure:
5/5
I saw very minimal mistakes, like double words and such.

Art credit to Yoshitaka Amano
word count: 1257
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Duchies”