Searching

Vega and Ti'Niva go in search of Vega's Sev'ryn family

Here is the City in the Trees. Desnind, home of the Immortal Moseke and much more! All IC writings in Desnind go here.
Vega
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Dweeb
Renown: 1379
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 7

Searching

"ọfïïsï ke’u," she smiled when he said that she had a little of his language now. Would it ever be hers? Vega wasn't sure. But then, it was all too new, too unusual for her to be able to make a judgement yet. Her entire life she had been a Biqaj, so did that mean that she had no room to be Sev'ryn too? In many ways she longed for some kind of balance in her life, but whether she got that from here, she simply did not know. Her eyes turned to Ti'niva and swirled with silver and red. "Lets hope so," she responded to him saying that only good would come from this. Would it? She really didn't know.

But he tapped on the door and they went in. "ọfïïsï ke’u," she said and then added, in case her Sev'ryn was so bad that she was unrecogniseable. "Thank you. My name is Eva Lei'nox," although only her father ever called her that it was, nonetheless her name. "My mother was born and raised here, lived here until she met my father. A Biqaj man called Joq'an. My mother died in my birth but my aunt, Najina, wrote to him some arcs ago, asking to see me. I believe that Lei'nox is my mother's name." She paused for a moment and then glanced at Ti'niva, questioningly. Her eyes were so dark they were almost black. She smiled at him and nodded her head, as though he had spoken to her.

"I know nothing of the Sev'ryn half of my soul. My father tells me that I am daughter to sea and stars. Him the sea, my mother the stars. I would like to find out if I have any family. Who I am and who she was." Vega didn't need to explain who "she" was, it was her mother and some sort of understanding that she sought. Come to that, she thought with a smile, some idea of where this crazy colour of her hair came from wouldn't go amiss either. But really, it was her mother, her Sev'ryn family and herself which she sought here. Or, at least, the beginnings of them.

But then, she sat and waited for the old lady. She did not speak again, she just sat and listened. As she did, she fought to keep herself still and, mostly, did alright. She was a natural fidget, there was no doubting it, but she wanted this information too much to mess it up by lack of concentration now. So she waited, paying attention.
word count: 453

Vega's skin has a reflective metallic sheen with a red glow. Her eyes still swirl biqaj colours, but one colour is always bright red which glows like fire. She has a bright red glow in her chest, situated directly under the mark of a heart (Daia mark) in the middle of a glowing silver dragon on her chest (Xiur). She's unnaturally warm to the touch
Ti'niva
Approved Character
Profession: Hunter
Renown: 98
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Searching

Ti stood, patiently, he was used to the slowness of the Sev'ryn elders. They may have been wise and intelligent and they couldn't half tell a story, but they were just so darn slow sometimes. To leaned against the wall a little using it to prop himself up rather than to bob up and down like he was tempted to do when waiting for something. He listened to Vega as she explained her situation to the old woman, it was strange how she seemed to just look off into the distance rather than at Vega. But she appeared to be listening as her eyes narrowed a little and her head cocked at the mention of names. She was clearly trying to remember who all these people were.

When Vega looked over at Ti he gave her a reassuring smile, she seemed nervous and her eyes were almost black. She turned back after smiles were exchanged and continued to talk telling the woman all she could. Maybe to help with the memory process he assumed and also have warrant for finding out the information, or that was how he saw it.

The old woman seemed to sit for breaks, it felt like trials as she munched on her apple. Her eyes occasionally flickering around the room like they were in search of something they could not see. Yet, all in all she sat eating her apple, taking her sweet time to reveal whatever information she knew. She was almost finished with the apple when she finally spoke. "I knew you mother, she was sweet woman, but wild and adventurous at heart." The woman's face seemed to soften as she recalled memories of the woman. The old woman had always liked strong women and those who were akin with nature. "Much different from you mother sister, she much more boring, no adventure in her bones." She let out a laugh as she finally finished the apple with a big last bite.

The old woman placed the core down on the table and continued. "I know not where you aunt live, but she in city I know that." The woman looked around the room until her eyes locked on Vega and she reached her hand out touching the young woman's hand. "I feel you, you much like her, wild and free." The woman's words were full with passion and a clear admiration for the passed woman. Ti smiled when he saw the woman had been hopeful like eh knew she would, she had revealed as much as she knew, or was willing to by the looks of things. She released Vega's hand with a wink and then picked up the core and started to nibble on it some more. Ti looked at Vega to see if there was more she wished to ask, beckoning her to ask if she was not satisfied with the information.
word count: 495
Vega
Approved Character
Profession: Dweeb
Renown: 1379
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 7

Searching

Vega was not a patient woman, usually. However, she had been raised amongst her family and a large portion of that had been by her grandmother. Patience with her elders, respect for them and their process was firmly ingrained into Vega's mind, not to mention embedded into the back of her head from the number of times she'd be hit there as a child given to fidgeting. So, she didn't fidget. She waited, patient as could be. In her mind, she was reciting a song she had heard from birth.
► Show Spoiler
She repeated it three times before the woman spoke again and Vega had just got to the point of wondering whether she might have died but somehow still be chewing when she spoke. She knew her mother? Vega's impatience and bravado all dropped and she listened, enraptured, as the old woman spoke. But she said so little, so very little. Vega placed her hand over the elderly womans and gave a brief, but entirely grateful, squeeze. Then, of course, she let go not wanting to appear like she was holding the woman's hand or anything which might be considered a restaint.

"ọfïïsï ke’u," the young redhead whispered and she meant it entirely. "I never knew her. Please, no matter how small, do you have a story of her to share? My people, we believe that is how we keep memories alive, by story and song. If you do, I would be very grateful, but I could not be more grateful than I am already. ọfïïsï ke’u" If there was another story, then Vega would hear it and whisper it to herself at night, but even if not, she would touch two fingers to her mouth, her forehead and then her chest. "Thank you, ọfïïsï ke’u and મકએર૯ બશન, ઊળશપ પબ કઇએળમ"

When they got outside, she turned to Ti'niva and took him briefly by the hand. "I can't thank you enough for helping me. But I must ask for some more help. Can you help me find my aunt? If you are too busy, I understand".
Off Topic
મકએર૯ બશન, ઊળશપ પબ કઇએળમ = thank you, from my heart
word count: 477

Vega's skin has a reflective metallic sheen with a red glow. Her eyes still swirl biqaj colours, but one colour is always bright red which glows like fire. She has a bright red glow in her chest, situated directly under the mark of a heart (Daia mark) in the middle of a glowing silver dragon on her chest (Xiur). She's unnaturally warm to the touch
Ti'niva
Approved Character
Profession: Hunter
Renown: 98
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Searching

"I remember, your mother met your father." She looked directly at Vega. Her old eyes piercing whatever darkness blocked them from seeing. "She was at Mutums, she always like watch the sea, I still see back then and I watch her as I pick herb on outskirt of forest." She smiled as she remembered the events, these were the only time she could see things, in her minds eye. "She look over it longingly, watching passing of boats and listening to waves break against shore. Something invited her to ocean, something she could no resist. But she never have left here if she no meet your father." She was certainly not saying it was a bad thing, the old woman was always happy for love. But she remembered the trouble it caused and the eventual running away and pain the family had experienced at the loss of their daughter. "Your father, he capture her soul, show her love and compassion. He invite her to travel, stories of vast ocean and sea travel irresistible to you mother. He was truly her other half, but family here could no see it, they want her keep family line pure, your mother refuse and then to the surprise of all she and he disappear, defying all wishes." She smiled now even if she new it was a story that caused many of Vega's Sev'ryn family grief to this point, she personally loved a story of defiance and following your own path.

The old woman nodded at Vega's thanks and returned to nibbling the apple core, getting all the flesh she could. She said one more thing as she stared on blankly. "Now leave, thinking make me tired, you welcome girl, no thank needed." She stood and left Ti and Vega alone in the room. She closed the door to the other room she entered blocking herself from seeing or hearing the two.

They stepped out and back into the cold forest air, inside you forgot how cold it was outside. It was refreshing though, the air and cold did not make him feel uncomfortable or anything like that so he was in fact thankful for it. He looked at Vega as she spoke, he was surprised at her taking his hand. He had only held a few hands in his life and it was surprising to feel another grip his own. It was a pleasant feeling though and so he allowed her to keep hold. "Of course I help, me no leave you alone to find." He was not going to stop helping now, he had done this much why stop, he had nothing much better to do really. He nodded happily, he was not the kind to refuse to help another. "I will find, I tell you when know, trust me I find her," He promised resolving that he would find her then tell Vega who her Aunt was.
word count: 496
Maltruism
General Staff
Race: Prophet
Profession: "Mastermind"
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Searching

Come and get your Loot!

(There's plenty more where that came from)

VEGA:
Rewards:

• Story: +5
  • Collaboration: +5
  • Structure: +5

These points can NOT be used for magic

Knowledges:

• Discipline: Sitting Still When You are Unbearably Eager
  • Etiquette: You Keep Memories Alive in Stories
  • Etiquette: Respect to Others is Important in Most Cultures
  • Etiquette: Sharing Common Language Tips
  • Etiquette: Sharing Stories at Meal Time
  • Field Craft: Travel Light
  • Istin'idur: Knew Your Mother and Aunt
  • Istin'idur: Wants no Concessions to Her Blindness
  • Linguistics: Listening to a Conversation Helps to Learn a Language
  • Najina: Aunt Lives in Desnind
  • NPC: Istin'idur: Blind Sev'ryn Elder
  • Parents, Joq'an and Lei'nox: True Soul Mates
  • Psychology: Balancing Two Cultural Callings
  • Psychology: Don't Overthink Your Behavior
  • Psychology: Even When Friendly, A Ghost is Creepy
  • Psychology: Feeling the Racial Differences
  • Psychology: People Handle Delicate Subjects Differently
  • Storytelling: About Being a Biqaj
  • Storytelling: Hearing Others Tell Stories is Good Experience
  • Storytelling: Making the Listener Feel Like They Were There
  • Storytelling: Was the Ghost on the Ship Her Mother?
  • Shadow Beasts Sound Horrible
  • Stealth: Learning By Walking With Ti'niva
  • Ti'niva: A Genuinely Nice Fellow
  • Ti'niva: Devoted to Moseke
  • Ti'niva: Shares the Love of Freedom
  • Xanthean: "Goodtrial" and "Thank You"
  • Xanthean: Practice Makes Perfect

Loot:

Nothing to speak of

Loss:

Nothing to speak of

Injuries:

Nothing to speak of

Fame: +2

No actual corresponding category.
But I figure this gets you known a bit more in Desnind

Devotion:

Nothing to speak of

Comments:

Very nicely done.
Easy to envision the eager yet hesitant anxiety of learning the truth.
Glad the truth turned out to be of true soul mates. :D
PM me with any comments or concerns :)

Ti'niva:
Rewards:

• Story: +5
  • Collaboration: +5
  • Structure: +5

These points can NOT be used for magic

Knowledges:

• Discipline: A Distracting Duty Will Suppress Nightmares
  • Etiquette: Letting People Know That They are Not the Problem
  • Etiquette: Sharing Stories at Meal Time
  • Language: Common: Hearing Others Speak it Helps
  • Language: Common: Istin'idur's Stories All in Common
  • Linguistics: Big Words DO Help by Demonstrating Prefixes and Suffixes
  • Linguistics: Practice Makes Perfect
  • Psychology: Helping Vega Might be What You Need
  • Psychology: The Guilt of Having to Kill
  • Stealth: Practicing in the Forests of Desnind
  • Storytelling: Fight With a Shadow Beast
  • Storytelling: Hearing Others Tell Stories is Good Experience
  • Storytelling: Making the Listener Feel Like They Were There
  • Vega: Aunt Najina Lives in Desnind
  • Vega: Considered Herself Biqaj
  • Vega: Father's Name is Joq'an
  • Vega: Likes to Count the Stars
  • Vega: Real Name is "Eva Lei'nox", After Her Mother
  • Vega: Shares the Love of Freedom
  • Vega: Wants to Learn of Her Sev'ryn Half
  • Vega's Parents True Soul Mates

Loot:

Nothing to speak of

Loss:

Nothing to speak of

Injuries:

Nothing to speak of

Fame: 0

Maybe when you go searching for Vega's parents. ;)

Devotion: +1

Quick prayer to Moseke

Comments:

A sweet and friendly story.
I like your references to the global, and the guilt you clearly felt in those posts.
Much of your posts were describing the Elder's actions, so there was less knowledge to give you specifically.
But it was quite enjoyably personal. Now you get out there and find her aunt!! ;)
Oh yeah, btw, your CS needs its Zi'Da expenses shown, even if they are zero. :o
PM me with any comments or concerns :)
word count: 567
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Desnind”