• PM To Join • Banana tuesday, part three, dark snake rising

Symbri chose the name

The capital city of the of Rynmere, here is seated the only King in Idalos.
Atashi
Approved Character
Race: Ithecal
Profession: Knight, Blacksmith
Renown: 70
Character Sheet
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Banana tuesday, part three, dark snake rising

51st Zi'da 716

"Thanks for coming, Symbri." Atashi spoke, looking down to the shorter female as they walked together. "I'm sorry to drag you around town, especially to a library of all places." He scratched his chin thoughtfully, surely Symbri would have something to learn from the library? Perhaps something to help her take care of the puppy? "I mean, there's probably a guide in there for training dogs, right?" he asked with a raised eyebrow. He'd have to keep her occupied while he researched, it wasn't something he was comfortable with her knowing.

Reading the occasional street sign as he slithered with his human companion, he could determine the general area of the Andaris's Library. The snow had started picking up slightly, deep enough on the streets that it left an indented trail behind him as he pushed onwards. Sullen, he turned to Symbri for a moment "...I'm sorry about earlier, with Kylar." he spoke, unsure if that were even the right thing to say. "He's a good guy, really. I guess you just got off on the wrong foot..." he shook his head. "Leave it in the past, I say. We can still have a good time at the library regardless, right?".

With a sigh, he reached out and pat Symbri on the head - humans had such small heads, it forced a smile from his lips. Where ever him and Kylar were heading off to, he was certainly going to miss her. He gave her head a quick rub, messing up her hair a little before letting go of the probably-very-confused Symbri. He chuckled "I'm sorry, you're just too cute!" and continued to grin as they travelled, regardless of her reaction. Once they'd reached the Library, he looked to her and spoke "Well, here we are. The point of no return, if you want to spare yourself from some books - you'd best do it now!" he teased, looking to her with hopeful eyes.
word count: 346
Symbri
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Monk
Renown: 34
Character Sheet

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Zi'da 716
Perhaps she could be more strong willed with people. But perhaps it was for the best that she'd accompanied him. She enjoyed his company well enough even if he had poor taste in friends. Shrugging off her negative emotions she trailed after Atashi ever amused with the serpentine way he moved. She wanted to tell him that making allowances for fools only allowed them to be fools again, though, she wonndered if she was just as foolish. The fact that so many different city guards had bad attitudes was deplorable.

She was torn out of her revelry by a hand coming to rest on her head rubbing her hair back and forth and taking her head with it, balling a fist she debated giving Atashi a warning punch but decided that she'd let him get away with it this once. She wasn't in the mood for further conflict she'd come to this city to avoid it entirely, though that was a wash. Though even as her brain tried to pull her back into her melancholy Atashi calling her cute irked her enough for her to pull an unpleasant face and momentarily reconsider bludgeoning him. He was too innocent in his own stupid way for a soldier and it was endearing in it's own odd way. Everyone had their problems she supposed but she didn't fell like fueling that tire so she allowed him to enjoy himself for the moment.

When they arrived at the library Symbri frowned momentarily looking about the place cautiously unsure of what to expect from the place she'd never been in one before, it was like a castle but instead of a king it contained all manner of novels and books bound in leather. The whole place had a unique musty smell to it that was not quite moldy smelling but in it's own sort of pleasant way it reminded her of... well old things.... if Old had a smell maybe this was it.

"i'm not afraid of books Atashi"

Giving Atashi a glare not getting the sarcasm in his words she looked at him with a mild frown before tromping into the library before she decided she was going to hunt down a book on camping something she'd been meaning to learn about but had yet to.

"Atashi! Find me a book on camping ok! I wanna learn about hunting too!"

Looking at him she decided what she wanted but at the same time was dependant on him hunting the books she wanted down, hopefully he'd have some sort of idea as to where such books could be located.
word count: 448
Atashi
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Templates

Featured

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

He maintained his otherwise contempt expression until Symbri ran ahead into the library, after which his eyes fell to the floor in disappointment. If Symbri's silence the whole way here hadn't been enough to convince him that she was mad, he'd be dense. No way was she sneaking that frown past him either, no matter how subtle she'd tried it. By the time she'd turned back around, he re-assumed his patient smile, "I know, I know." he spoke, calm and collected - waving off any bitterness she'd display.

"If that's what you want..." he continued before following after the child. The more he thought about it, the weirder the thought of Kylar having beef with a child was, she'd apparently attacked him, but he couldn't wrap his head around how a little thing like Symbri would be of any bother to a Lothar. Especially Kylar of all people, but she'd somehow reduced the man to tears. Perhaps it is for the best that him and Kylar leave this island behind, but they needed a destination before setting off, that was his reason for going to the library. Symbri had just been kind enough to go with him. With hesitation, he approached the desk attendant - a female Eidisi that wore glasses. "Excu-" "Shhh!" hissed the girl without lifting her eyes from a book at her desk. With wide eyes, Atashi looked to the girl in shock before trying again "I just wa-" "Shhhhhh!" she shrieked once more.

Atashi sighed audibly "Shh." she said once more. With a roll of his eyes, AtashI whispered "Where can I find some Field Craft manuals, miss? Also, an encyclopaedia of medicinal herbs and some maps maybe?". The woman looked up at him over the brim of her glasses and spoke "Oh! An Ithecal! I haven't seen one of your kind in Seasons!" with a very much 'outdoor voice', earning a fed-up sigh from Atashi. "The shelves are sorted alphabetically, you shouldn't have too much trouble finding the books you need, you can find some maps in much the same way at 'M'." she spoke, returning to her book. "Thank-" "Shh." she hissed again, looking over her glasses briefly to give Atashi a playful wink, before returning to her book. "Thank you." he whispered, grinning to the sly librarian.

Finally, he set off to the aisles of shelves that awaited him and Symbri "So... camping and hunting huh? Any particular reason?" he asked as he passed by the aisles, labelled by letters of the common alphabet. "I'll be back in a trill." he spoke before setting off down the columns and columns of knowledge. He shortly arrived at aisle 'F', at which point he took a sharp turn, swinging the weight of his upper-body to drag his tail in time. With his eyes glued to the shelves, he browsed. Scanning along the length of the shelf, he eventually found a book with a title that might interest Symbri, 'Fieldcraft - An Adventurer's Guide'. He promptly plucked it from it's resting spot and carried it with him as he went back to the main aisle and slithered for the aisle labelled 'H'. There, he found a book titled 'Hunting and preparing meat on the go', it appeared to be a manual of sorts. Flicking through the pages, he saw several illustrations for skinning, carving and cooking animals, as well as tracks, traps and hazardous, non-edible animals.

Piling that book on the other, he made his way through the Library toward aisle 'M'. Granted, it was two aisles over, but the two giant books under his arm made it feel so much further away. Maps were set in scrolls with their own alphabet, lined along the bottom shelf - he'd come back to that, for now he'd browse medicinal herbs and figure out where they grow. Scanning the shelf once more, he found a tome labelled 'Medicine and you! - A guide to using and finding the panacea for your patients.' Some sort of healer book by the sounds of things. 'Yawwwn, books are boring. You should just put it away.' spoke the voice, it was probably for the best that he got back to Symbri.

He made an about turn, facing the way he'd came. Though something was different, a man was sat against the shelf, hanging his head - he appeared limp. Air forced its way into his lungs as he gasped with sock, closing his eyes and looking away. 'Please no, not him. Anything but him.' he thought to himself before opening his eyes slowly and looking back to the shelf - nothing was there. 'Turn around, I dare you.' Atashi slithered forward, ignoring the voice and maintaining a forward view. 'Jeez, no need to be such a wuss about it.' laughed the voice shortly before he arrived wherever Symbri was sat.

"Sorry I took so long, Sym. I got a little distracted." he smiled innocently to the human girl. "Here, I found some books you might like, they come under the criteria you wanted." he spoke, handing over the tomes to the younger female before coiling himself next to her and sitting on his tail. Almost in a hurry, he opened the book and stared intently into the page, ignoring the uncomfortable itch and chill in his spine.
word count: 907
Symbri
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Monk
Renown: 34
Character Sheet

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Zi'da, 716
Irritating, it really was, it seemed no matter how hard one tried they could never really understand another person, then again she hadn't done a very good job of understanding herself either recently, so, perhaps the point was moot. Shrugging off the negative emotions of the day Symbri clasped her hands as she watched Atashi's ordeal with the decidedly unpleasant librarian. Not only was she rude but she was making passes at people, people that she had come with none the less.

When Atashi asked about why she was searching for books on fieldcraft she shrugged before replying.

"nothing terribly important, I've just decided that there are a lot of things in the world I don't know about. So I want to try learning.. I never went to school or anything so there's lots I don't know about"

Then she waited as he slinked off to find the books they were looking for. Tapping one of her feet against the solid stone floor Symbri looked down at her feet marveling at the world they lived in. Perhaps living in adaris had made her a pessimist, perhaps it had been the war, she wasn't sure what it was. Thinking back, it had been so long since she'd played with children, or danced for a reason other than money. She wanted to be spontaneous and stupid like she once had been, not rigid or mad. She just had to take those first embarrassing steps again to forgetting what shame felt like and doing whatever it was she pleased. She'd come to the library to learn today, but it hardly felt like something she could bring herself to do. She could feel her palms getting hot just thinking about what she wanted to do.

When Atashi returned Symbri pulled the best poker face she could not wanting to let him in on her plot and upon thanking him for the book she quickly opened it pretending to be incredibly interested in the book and waiting on Atashi to become similarly enthralled.

When he finally took to reading symbri grinned sneaking up on him, she wasn't exactly stealthy but if he was into what he was reading it shouldn't take too much effort. Crouching next to him Symbri ducked under one of his arms that was holding his book before plopping down in front of him, effectively getting in a position where he'd have to read over her shoulder and she could see whatever it was he was reading. Reading an excerpt from the page he was looking at Symbri read aloud.

"Native only in Nashaki, this delicious fruit tree can only survive alongside an oasis. It contains large amounts of a sweet nectar within the fist-sized fruit. Consumption of this fruit must be limited however as the acids can accumulate in the body and cause stomach issues to even the toughest of organisms. This fruit contains a milky sap above the top of the fruit that contains a potent antidote against snake bites. It can be administered by squeezing it into the snake bite and will increase the chances of survival by 50%. "

before pointing at the picture so that Atashi had to look at it too.
Fruit!
"Hey Atashi, where's Nashaki?"

Looking at him Symbri Grinned hoping that her antics could pull him out of the mood they were all in, she didn't inwardly feel the most happy, but she'd been happy enough in life to channel a strong imitation, Fake it tell you make it right?
word count: 604
Atashi
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Templates

Featured

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Atashi flicked through the pages, coiled up into a seat. Page after page, nothing seemed to appeal to his needs. Surely, he wasn't doomed to the clutches of the voice forever? 'I'm right here, you know. No need to be so rude about it.' It spoke, offended. The sooner he could rid himself of this thing, the better. He kept flicking through the pages, intent on curing himself of the cage that had become his own mind. He'd been focusing so hard in fact, that he hadn't even seen Symbri get up, let alone sneak up to him. Without warning, she slunk under his arm before plopping herself on the floor in front of him. Relief washed over him, glad that he wasn't alone.

He tried reading while she spoke, but found great difficulty in reading through her head. With that, he closed the tome and put it on the table. After she'd asked about a place called 'Nashaki', he lifted her from the floor and set her down on his coils. "I don't know, Symbri. But that's sure as hell a powerful fruit! ...You're not going to try and eat one of those things, are you?" at least with Symbri so close, he was able to continue his research. His hands found the tome and opened at a random page. "...Jubiplunt." read the title, or name of the flower. He continued to read in his head 'Found exclusively on the volcanic isle of Faldrass, these beautiful flowers soothe a troubled mind...' his eyes widened. This was perfect! Was it? His eyes glued to the page, reading over its entirety.

The plant grew in Scalvoris and Scalvoris alone. If Symbri hadn't interrupted him, he might have never found this page. "Symbri, you're a genius!" He spoke, though didn't know where Scalvoris was. "I'm going to go and check on the maps section, do you want to come with me? We can find Nashaki too, if you'd like." he asked, silently praying that she wouldn't leave him alone again. Whoever this Symbri child was, they kept the voice at bay. Saying goodbye was going to suck, he'd grown to be quite fond of the tiny human.
word count: 388
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Atashi

Overview

Aw, how sweet. When I saw the title of the thread I wasn't sure what to expect, but I have to say that it wasn't something this cute! Head-patting the cute human girl. Nice descriptions, too - and funny NPCs, all go together to make up a very cute thread. It's a shame it wasn't finished and ended so abruptly, though. Still, your writing was good and what was done was lots of fun! Drop me a pm with any questions.

XP:15

Fame: Nope

Loot

None

Knowledge

None requested.
Symbri ; If you want your part of this thread reviewed, please put up a review request and we'll get to it in turn! Thanks
word count: 137
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~
Current Status:
Working on a New User Guide - feel free to feed back in the thread!
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Andaris”