• Memory • Fun and Misery, Both Love Company Part 2 [Memory]

(Patrick)

Seated on the shores of Lake Lovalus, Rharne serves as the home of the Lighting Knights, the Thunder Priestesses, and the Merchant's guild. This beautiful trade city is filled with a happy and contented people who rarely need an excuse to party.

Moderators: Pig Boy , Basilisk Snek

Avrae Kyric
Approved Character
Race: Aukari
Profession: Mercenary
Renown: -32
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Fun and Misery, Both Love Company Part 2 [Memory]

70th of Zi’da, 716

Avrae heaved a heavy sigh as he closed the door of his room behind him. He was covered in mud from head to toe, back from chasing a bounty that had inevitably escaped from him. When he thought on how the man- a thief wanted for stealing from someone a little too important- slipped from his grasp in that alleyway… Damn, it made his blood boil. He had to clench his jaw and take a deep breath just to stop from growing even more frustrated. It was a loss of a day- trudging around in the wet streets, losing the bounty, having just enough money for food. It turned out, as wealthy as Ne’haer could be, Vhalar and Zi’da was slow months on bounties, and so far, Avrae had no luck. Listening to Ailluin’s soft snores, he gently eased her out of his pocket and onto the tiny matchbox they had made into her bed. Stripping his jacket off, Avrae made his way to a couch in the corner, groaning as he sat down and propped up his feet. As he mentally went over the events of the long day, rubbing his temple, his eyes caught on the candle burning slow in the corner of the room. It was red, and a smile curled his lips as a memory surfaced. Quite a good memory, at that...

12th of Vhalar, 713

”What kind of mystery man would I be if I told you that now? How about you get to know me a bit, and then I’ll answer that question.” That was how it started. Of course, Avrae knew the hot bartender would get the hint- he didn’t have a date. He was, instead, wasting time. Over the course of the night, the two made small chatter, Avrae avoiding the question. He steadily sipped his vodka, watching the waning of the red candle that sat in front of him. Over the course of the next hour, patrons slipped in and out, but Avrae remained in his seat. His amber eyes studied every movement of the room, but he never changed his position, nor ordered more drinks. It wasn’t until the night had dwindled, as had the candle, that Avrae stood. Moving, he sat more at the middle at the bar, bringing the candle with him. The bar was pretty much empty by now, just a few drunks left, and Avrae lifted his head to watch the bartender, leaning his chin on his palm. “Okay. Mystery over. I owe you an answer, barkeep.”

Taking a deep breath, Avrae’s gaze drifted down to the candle. It was just about midnight, so he leaned down and blew out the candle, watching its smoke curl up. Closing his eyes, Avrae inhaled deeply, almost wistfully. He always did love the scent of smoke. “...The name’s Avrae. And you have just witnessed the end of my twenty-third birthday.” He pursed his lips in a tight smile, “Silly tradition, isn’t it? Celebrating a day no one even remembers. I find it to be… almost unmeaningful.” Almost.
word count: 551
Summer Rain
Avrae Kyric Asari Rosacea Olivia Warrick Talisa Tawfeek Teryani Shenandoah
CS CS CS CS CS
Plot Notes Plot Notes Plot Notes Plot Notes Plot Notes
Templates Templates Templates Templates Templates
Partner Partner Partner Partner Partner
Patrick
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Trouble
Renown: 575
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Earlier that night he'd served many customers their drinks with little pause, only some small chances to stop came thanks to the typical small talk that occurred. Eventually with the passage of time the activity died down of course, and now the main and upper level of the bar nearly fell quiet; thanks to help of the owner Daveth of course.

While the Ithecal washed up dishes and the like within the back, Patrick worked up front to tidy the place and serve remaining customers. Usually it would end up with a smooth and easy closing period, as remaining drunks would decide whether or not they'd spent enough coin for the evening. However one such customer still seem to remain, and finally just as their only candle burned low; he decided to at last speak with Patrick once more. The lone Aukari that had entered earlier during the bustle, now ready to share his own story with the bartender at last.

"Well," Patrick mused as he continued to wipe a part of the counter, "good to know I won't be left hangin'." He loved the aspect of a good story; and while the man was in fact an Aukari, not once had he shown any actual hint of danger. Yet. With the candle extinguished in a poetic sense, the man who introduced himself as Avrae submitted its actual purpose. Celebration. Although silent for one so singled out, as though nobody in the world recognized its worth. "Almost maybe. Birthdays are rather strange ya see, never worth celebratin' alone to be sure." He responded as he turned around and reached within the cabinets, if he recalled correctly Avrae ordered two shots of vodka earlier this evening.

Was that correct? Yeah. Patrick remembered now because the mentioning of throwing mugs and such, a joke that carried along well before he resumed work. With two shot glasses placed he poured vodka into both containers, the bottle left on the counter while one was offered to Avrae. "On the house mate." With the second shot of vodka in his own hand, Patrick raised it in a toasty manner; and threw the vodka down into his mouth. After a sigh and light tap of glass on the wood of the bar, Patrick leaned forward with arms folded to prop him against it.

"See the thing is; birthdays just lose significance with age, the best way t' celebrate one is t' just get thundered and then have a good romp between the sheets." As he said this the corner of his mouth cracked into a smirk, his eyes watched the Aukari curiously for signals to watch for.
word count: 452
"Freedom is everything."

NPCs Renown Rolls Timeline Influences Pantheons Trove Property Workshop Rambles Vlogs
Avrae Kyric
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Loneliness. Most people would be able to tell if they were lonely. Was that the pit you got in your stomach when you were watching other people laughing with their friends, or kissing their significant other, while you had no one? Or perhaps it was the tightness of your chest when you found yourself in a dark, cold, empty room. Even still, it could be just described as an unbearable disappointment you have when celebrating a birthday alone. Avrae wasn’t sure if it mattered to him. He was alone most of the time- that was just the way he lived. So in that case, he wasn’t sure if what he felt was loneliness… or just the way he always felt.

Avrae let his gaze follow Patrick, eyeing the movements he made as he wiped down the bar. For whatever reason, the accent of the bartender was quite relaxing, and Avrae wasn’t sure if it was the alcohol and candle smoke making him so sleepy, or the lull of the handsome man’s voice. “Who says I’m alone? You’re here, aren’t you?” He evaded Patrick’s words, giving a brief smile. He knew it wasn’t the same, but what patron hadn’t considered the bartender a good companion once in awhile?

Surprise lit up Avrae’s amber eyes as the bartender slid a new shot glass his way. He opened his mouth to say he hadn’t ordered it, only to be pleasantly surprised when Patrick said it was on the house. Avrae let himself give a rare smile, dipping his head to the bartender. “My thanks.” He murmured as his fingers found the glass, which was cool to the touch. For a moment he hesitated, absently turning the small shot glass around, watching the slight swirl of the liquid. Three shots… That’s a bit much for an Aukari. A little anger and I’ll burn myself from the inside out… But I do feel mellow right now... For a moment, this little debate warred in Avrae’s thoughts, but he was in a drinking mood, for once. As Patrick raised a glass, Avrae lifted his own, giving another small smile before he downed it.

Licking his lips as he flipped the glass and set it down onto the bar, Avrae’s eyes seemed brighter, as if fueled by the alcohol. Avrae was all too aware of Patrick watching him. Typical. Scared of the Aukari. Waiting for me to burst into flames. He thought spitefully. But, in the interest of keeping things pleasant, he didn’t give his usual snark. If anything, Patrick was nicer than most. And his words were intriguing. “You offering? I could use a good romp.” He commented coyly, chuckling softly. But after a pause, he shook his head. “I don’t usually celebrate my birthdays with getting thundered and laid. Alcohol and passion tend to be… a powerful combination.” He said those last words almost with amusement, “I have yet to met anyone who dare take the risk. I haven’t even had a kiss yet, actually.”

The admittance actually made him a little sad. It was kind of pathetic, he thought. I’m not a Wagon Nagger like my mother was, but I certainly could use some more… fire, in my life. It wasn’t a thought Avrae had often. He kept himself busy, always traveling, going on bounties. The only way he could have that kind of thing was in short term romps, not anything like a real relationship. Besides, he wasn’t really the settle down type. Aukari didn’t live long enough, at least not in Avrae’s opinion. Sighing under his breath, Avrae lifted his gaze to the bartender. “You never told me your name, but you know mine. I think it’s only fair, human.”
word count: 650
Summer Rain
CS CS CS CS CS
Patrick
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

"Perhaps," Patrick mused in response to Avrae's question of him being here, "although a bartender is only as good as the tip he earns." Though he jested there was a manner of truth found in that, as Patrick often had to be 'that guy' which someone confided in. One of the many perks honestly but when the tips were good, then generally the reception towards the customer felt easier. Soon after he'd been given the free shot of course, Avrae provided thanks in a respectful manner; while Patrick shrugged as though it were nothing significant on his behalf.

"Heh. Pretty sure you're more inclined to be the giver, rather than the receiving end like some would." He mused with a wily guess at Avrae's preference, even for an Aukari the man did have a attraction about him within that masculinity. Then of course came the detail of little to no interaction with the redhead, as the empowerment of lust and booze sounded like a catalyst for whatever disaster rested within him. Patrick had only heard a little about them, how Aukari are able to burst alight with fire. Those where only stories of course but to see the real thing, well that would certainly be a rather exciting experience. In its own way to say the least.

"Not even a kiss aye? Well that's a damn shame, you're really missin' out on some good times mate." He remarked with with a raised eyebrow, his smirk suggestive of the teasing mood he found himself in. Maybe the amount of alcohol he'd had for the night played in part, but Patrick felt himself a little on the daring side of things tonight. He might've disliked the Aukari less than everyone else here, but he still lacked a sense of likeness for the individual. Still Avrae hadn't been a bad apple so far, why treat it sour when he's been nothing but sweet thus far.

"Ah I assumed ya heard it well enough from all the other folk in here." He mused as he straightened out with a hand offered, the worst Avrae could do was scorch his hand at this point anyways. "Name's Patrick mate, friendly local bartender at yer service."
word count: 388
"Freedom is everything."

NPCs Renown Rolls Timeline Influences Pantheons Trove Property Workshop Rambles Vlogs
Avrae Kyric
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

“Hmm. So the better I pay… the better you are. Feels a little like paying for sex but with alcohol and chatter instead of sex.” Avrae commented idly, but he was grinning by now. This was certainly a strange conversation between the two. Unlike any he had before, to be certain. He almost wondered if what he said could be seen as an insult, like he was implying that Patrick would let his body and time be bought. But the alcohol he had made him less inclined to care, and he was enjoying this discussion either way. The only thing that could have amused him more was the next thing Patrick said.

Avrae, for once, actually let out a laugh. His hand slipped into his pocket, drawing out five more gold nel- four for two vodka shots, and one more for another tip. As he slid the coins across the bar, his eyes were glowing with mischief, gazing up at Patrick with a smirk. “Well, you haven’t seen my ass, now have you?” He quipped back. Avrae, while dominant, had always wondered what it’d be like to be the one dominated. It was something he had not let many prospective lovers know- and he had the misfortune of having not been able to experiment and see if his believed preference would be truly what he’d like. “Two more vodka. One for me, one for you.” He ordered. It was stupid for him to drink more, but he wasn’t angry, and Avrae planned on leaving after that one last shot. It’d be far too foolish- even when drunk- to do anything after drinking so much.

The young Aukari didn’t like many people. Mostly because many people didn’t like him. He could tell Patrick had his reservations about Aukari- it was in his body language, in the way he watched him. Avrae was used to it. Though, as always, it was disheartening to be judged before even being known. Despite that, he was enjoying this light banter, the teasing lull of Patrick’s voice. Reaching out, he took Patrick’s hand with a firm grip. His own hand was extremely warm- though not painfully or uncomfortably. It was kind of like the warmth you’d get when falling asleep in front of a fireplace, letting the warmth wash over you and shield you away from the cold. Avrae’s smile- loosened up from the alcohol- was just as warm, his body leaning up a little as they shook hands so they were just a little closer. “If you didn’t notice… the only one I’ve talked to tonight is you.” He whispered, his tone teasing and friendly. Releasing Patrick, he eased back down into his seat.

After a minute, watching Patrick pour the vodka, Avrae spoke tentatively, “Am I the first Aukari you’ve had in your bar? Or rather, met? We don’t tend to… drink. The Aukari frown upon loose inhibitions. Uncontrolled rage and passion.”
word count: 510
Summer Rain
CS CS CS CS CS
Patrick
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

"Aye that's exactly kinda how it works." Patrick responded when Avrae pointed out the similarity in payment, though usually when it came to sex he didn't need payment. That typically came free of charge if the person was attractive enough, and of course if Patrick was in the mood or not. "When am I not though." He reminded himself while Avrae seemed to take him rather literal, as the next comment managed to draw out mirth from the ginger.

"Not that I probably wouldn't mind, as long as it doesn't spout flames at me mind you." He quipped rhetorically with a devious smirk, the two shots of vodka poured once more for the both of them to indulge. Clearly this man had mischief on his mind if he intended to buy drinks for the bartender, not that Patrick wasn't at all intrigued by his intention anyways. Avrae practically radiated bad intention in his spot, but not the bad intention one should necessarily watch for. If anything it sort of allured Patrick, as well as intrigued him despite Avrae's heritage.

"Not necessarily, some come and some go." Patrick responded afterwards when he started to pour their drinks, his casual demeanor still fronted with a friendly manner. "None of them ever really stay long, since many aren't wanted here in Rharne. You on the other hand got stones, somethin' I can admire in a kindred spirit." He pointed out with a cracked grin towards the innuendo, a glance shot down Avrae's torso as he drank the shot in one easy tilt. Drinking was a natural thing to Patrick; like breathing only with liquid warmth.

"That's a shame actually, I like the idea of uncontrolled rage and passion. Why keep raw emotion contained, when it can best be free." He mused as he leaned on the bar once more, his eyes curiously gazed upon Avrae with wonder.
word count: 331
"Freedom is everything."

Avrae Kyric
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

A fire shooting ass… Well, that sounds like something Faldrun would have. Can’t imagine I would like having that myself, though. Avrae found himself musing as he downed his fourth shot of the night. By now he was definitely tipsy, if not a little drunk. He knew he did tend to take things literally, taking more time to think on Patrick’s words than what most would have, seeing that Patrick wasn’t serious. As he set the vodka shot down again, he found himself staring at Patrick, studying the curve of his smirk and the light in his dark eyes. Damn… this is why I don’t drink. It makes me want very dirty things to do with the bartenders. Avrae thought, pouting a little where he sat. That wasn’t the real reason, but by the immortals did it feel like it was right this moment.

“I’m used to people hated me just because they remember the terrible tales their parents told them about Aukari that used to keep them up at night. How we’re devils and demons, creatures of fire that destroy everything they touch.” Avrae’s tone was filled with an odd sense of melancholy, despite having a small, sad smile now. “If I let every city filled with people who despise me scare me away, I’d be living in the remote wilds… or in Sirothelle, which is the last place in Idalos I want to be.”

Avrae had been about to say something out, but Patrick’s most recent words made his voice stop in his throat. It was quite… flirtatious, in a way. The way Patrick was leaned on the bar, looking at him now, sent chills- something Avrae didn’t often experience- down his spine. The Aukari absently licked his lips, looking at the hunky male in front of him. Faldrun so help me… He thought absently, heart skipping a beat.

After a second of hesitance, Avrae leaned up close to Patrick. His eyes slipped half-shut as he leaned close, their noses almost brushing, lips inches apart. So close that Avrae’s alcohol-scented breath curled hotly on Patrick’s lips, like the warmth of a candle when your palm passed by it. Avrae’s hand snuck forward, resting on Patrick’s bicep with a warm, lingering touch. For a moment, he lingered close, breath hitched in his throat, almost as if he might kiss the human.

Then, he whispered out,

“You like it because even when you’re uncontrolled, you’re still in control… when I’m out of control, I risk hurting the ones I love… and as lovely as this could be, I don’t wish to harm you, or anyone else. It’s… the one thing I don’t know if I can ever do.” His voice was so sad suddenly, as Avrae voiced his realization that he may never be able to let loose with anyone. He may never let himself love anyone, in fear of hurting them.

Closing his eyes completely, Avrae turned his head and pressed a hot kiss to the bartender’s cheek, staying close for a moment. When his lips pulled back, he murmured, “Thanks for the drinks, Patrick.” Releasing him, he slipped from the barstool and took a step away, giving them both some distance. Gazing at him with burning amber eyes, Avrae spoke again, “I’m leaving Rharne soon. I travel a lot, and I never know where I may end up… but I do hope we’ll meet again. If I’m ever in the area, I’ll look you up.” This was his goodbye, curling his arms around himself like a self-comforting hug. Avrae swallowed hard, giving a tight smile, before he turned and walked out the door, leaving the room considerably cooler than it had been.
word count: 650
Summer Rain
CS CS CS CS CS
Patrick
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

To hear the sad twisted tale of how people generally felt towards his kind, it generated a wave of sympathy for Patrick as he suddenly felt for the man. Which was unusual to be honest because he never really allowed such feelings to occur, but Avrae genuinely seemed different compared to the stories told. Indeed Patrick had heard a lot about Aukari and how they served Faldrun, their intention to spy and infiltrate his beloved home and smite their beloved Deity.

Still he did feel a little bit of pity for Avrae in general, perhaps it was because Pat in general liked the fiery red hair. Something about people with gingerly hair always got to him, as though it were a personal fetish of his or perhaps a weakness in taste. Either way Avrae who had been portrayed as this unpredictable beast seemed caught into a gaze, their noses briefly brushed one another while Pat could taste the vodka in Avrae's breath. Patrick honestly froze as he didn't know what to do or think, his mind suddenly caught in a whirl of wicked thoughts as his skin prickled. Arms became decorated in goosebumps as though he felt a chill, while Avrae's hand radiated a supernatural warmth onto his skin.

Just how intoxicating could one mysterious being get?

The words that Avrae muttered into his ear were a somber tune, and in that moment Patrick felt a rush from his neck and into his skull. Heat. Such alluring heat as he felt Avrae plant a soft kiss on his cheek, the moment in which he lingered stole the breath out of the bartender. Fates be damned! Patrick had clearly overstepped his boundaries tonight, letting a Faldrun-Walker tantalize him in such a manner like this. He enjoyed it too much, far too much for his own good apparently. Even so Avrae had been keen to withdraw before too long, which left Patrick in a daze as he watched the man pull back.

He was leaving? With the forced smile Patrick nodded in recognition, somewhat hopeful that Avrae's words weren't false ones. After all he did want them to meet again, and hopefully the circumstances would be better next time. As the Aukari left the establishment and the air seemed to cool, Patrick looked down at his hand to find it still jittery after all of that. "Heh," He chuckled as he balled it into a fist, "Ya got me this time mate. But we'll see how well ya do next time." His eyes sharpened as they looked back to the door, as though he were daring Avrae to come back for more.
word count: 455
"Freedom is everything."

Jade
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Profession: Prophet
Renown: 0
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

This was a very cute story, if a little depressing and emotional, but cute overall! It's taken me a long time to finally review this, sorry guys! The only thing I'll make mention is what I told you both a while ago--- Patrick wouldn't be able to tell Avrae that he's an Aukari from first glance. Aukari's blend in with regular humans. They may even go as far as dying their hair to look completely human. Due to this, most people won't discriminate those who walk into their businesses with red hair or not. Throughout the thread, it was made mentioned several times that Patrick knew Avrae was an Aukari. Due to this lore miscommunication, I'm not going to make you both rewrite it but I just want to give you a heads up that this is brushing against the lore just a tad and to remember in the future, or if you see any other players doing this, to remember and remind them that Aukari's are hard to spot. Always. Thankies!

Avrae

Knowledge
Patrick: You Should Get Drunk and "Romp" On Your Birthday
Patrick: Suspicious of You
Patrick: Admires You
Patrick: Attractive
Psychological: Caught In the Grip of Loneliness
Etiquette: Tipping Well Promotes Good Service
Seduction: Mischievous Eyes

Loot: Deduct price of 4 shots and tip from your ledger
Injuries: Tipsiness - Mild headache lasting a day.
Fame: (+5) Admitting You're An Aukari In A Rharne Business
Devotion: N/A

Story: 5/5
Collaboration: 5/5
Structure: 5/5
Can Use Points For Magic Skills: No

Patrick

Knowledge
Avrae: An Aukari
Avrae: Birthdays Don't Mean Much
Avrae: Radiates Intention, Good or Bad?
Avrae: Attractive
Aukari: Misunderstood By Most
Socialization: Typical Small Talk To Pass the Time
Business Management: Cleanliness
Seduction: Teasing Smirk

Loot: Deduct 2 shots from your ledger and add tip.
Injuries: N/A
Fame: N/A
Devotion: N/A

Story: 5/5
Collaboration: 5/5
Structure: 5/5
Can Use Points For Magic Skills: No
word count: 344
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”J.R.R. Tolkien
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Rharne”