• Closed • Brothers, Reunited

Alistair returns home much to Andraska's surprise and delight.

The seven Duchies of Central Rynmere and their respective baronies, cities, towns, villages, and landmarks each overseen by a Duke of one of the seven noble families and ultimately controlled by the King of Rynmere.
Andráska Venora
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Political Figurehead
Renown: 247
Character Sheet
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Brothers, Reunited

Andráska couldn't look Alistair in the eye immediately, shuffling to put away the instrument when his brother began helping him. It seemed his older sibling had enjoyed the performance, which sent a wave of relief through him and he finally broke into a small smile, getting pulled into another hug. He sighed, relaxing in Alistair's arms and feeling like things were... better. In fact, even though Zvezdana was in Rharne, he felt like he had finally connected with his siblings after the vast rift childhood had wedged between them. The truth of their histories and Alistair's magic was now known to him and Andráska didn't want that to affect their relationship. He loved them – he wanted to repair this family, and his throat tightened as he returned the hug.

“Yeah, well,” the younger noble was embarrassed by the unusual praise and he pulled away, rubbing his arm in thought, “I wrote a speech, but I'll save that for another time.” he smirked, eyes running around the room, “No telling where it is, anyway.” His eyes lingered back to the desk... Andráska did in fact know where the speech was, but didn't believe he could deliver it at the moment. Perhaps another time, when he needed to get in his brother's good graces, or if there was ever another wedding.

A sound of movement caught his attention and he turned in time to see his brother reaching out and then... a grand object was being pulled out of thin air, and presented before him. The green eyed youth blinked, mouth gaping. Magic. “How-”

Alistair began to present it, "Here's my gift. Not quite so original as a song, but I tried. I've never really been one for artistic talent. Forgive my daftness.”

Before him was a lovely shield, and while it had an image of a rose – it was bold and alluring. Not delicate in any way, and despite the flower it felt... strong. Powerful. Protective. It had been a long time since he had received a gift and he used both hands to grab it eagerly and hold it arms length in front of him – grinning like a boy. He had always loved gifts – good ones. Not frilly clothes or colognes – but thoughtful presents. “Forgiven,” he said quickly, turning away slightly and imagining himself using it. He carefully laid it on the bed and ran his fingertips along the engravings.

Gallant.

After everything – after knowing his affiliation with drugs... with liquor... with all his mistakes... did Alistair really think so highly of him? A lump rose in his throat, and emotion began to overwhelm him. “With the war,” he said softly, “Everyone forgot of my birthday. I...I didn't receive a single gift so... This... This is nice.”

He looked at his sibling and had to look away to prevent the tears that wanted to well up in his eyes, looking back to the shield that would later save his life, “Brothers reunited. Brothers forever.”
word count: 515
Yndira
Approved Character
Race: Naerikk
Renown: -65
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Brothers, Reunited

Tremble

There's a review coming...
word count: 20
Yndira
Approved Character
Race: Naerikk
Renown: -65
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Brothers, Reunited

Here you are, dears

Andraska

Knowledge:
Alistair: Has changed
Alistair: Has quite a temper
Detection: Tension
Detection: When someone is about to cry
Intimidation: Using a specific tone of voice
Leadership: Remaining professional
Leadership: Using an authoritative voice
Leadership: Offering yourself in place of someone else
Leadership: Taking control of a situation
Musical Instrument: Cello: Tune before playing
Musical Instrument: Inspect the entirety of the piece
Musical Instrument: Using your foot to keep time
Musical Instrument: Some pieces work best with accompanying instruments
Negotiation: Offering to talk someone for another person
Politics: Proposing marriage to further family affairs

Loot: +1 Rose Shield
Injuries: N/A
Fame: +2 ( giving a gift )
Devotion: Zanik + 6 ( write an original song ), Pier & Pre + 1 ( prayer ), Ilaren + 1 ( prayer )

Story: 5/5
Collaboration: 5/5
Structure: 5/5
Magic: These points may not be used for magic

Alistair

Knowledge:
Andraska: Has matured while you were away
Andraska: Understands you more than most
Persuasion: Withholding an item until a service is performed
Politics: Sharing ideals with others
Socialization: Changing conversation topics

Loot: - 30gn for the shield
Injuries: Light bruising on knuckles, will take four trials to heal
Fame: +2 ( give a gift )
Devotion: N/A

Story: 5/5
Collaboration: 5/5
Structure: 5/5
Magic: These points may not be used for magic
Comments: “Don’t fucking play with me, mother.” A+ line; yes, yes.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread. I've read a few others for these brothers, though separated until, and find both of them to be quite interesting. Maybe when I have more time I'll find some more threads of theirs to read :D

Just a note for Andraska -- there's a few times when you mix up a word like ( their vs there ), but it didn't detract from the reading. I would advise reading through before you post or submit for the thread to be graded. Maybe put it through an editor to be sure.
word count: 339
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Duchies”