• Closed • Ne'haer or Far

This area is unmoderated. Please click on "Forum Rules" at the top of this page or go to the "Unmoderated Areas" forum to see the rules for playing here.
Patrick
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Trouble
Renown: 575
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Ne'haer or Far

There he went again; praising Patrick for all these things that the drunk obviously had no control of, flattered as he felt it just didn't sit well with Patrick for whatever reason. Maybe it was because he felt little need for recognition, or maybe it all just made him uncomfortable period. Whatever the reason was however, he definitely disagreed with Alistair on the matter.

Patrick wasn't good nor should he ever be thought so, according to Alistair however that portrayed in a much different sense. The noble who always seemed quiet and surly when it came to others, did in fact rapidly change when faced with Patrick's presence. Whether or not that was a good thing didn't fall to Patrick to decide, but granted Alistair recognized these qualities himself; that had to mean something at the end of all of that. "It's not that I don't love ya Alibear it's..." He trailed off the momentary interjection, aware that his own personal feelings were now at surface. Did he feel insecure? Certainly. But he also did feel love for the man, a love that he deemed unworthy and unfitting of a man such as Alistair.

What did Patrick want though? Out of all of this what was his ideal, his personification of their relationship. There existed a lot of faults between them sure, but these faults were exactly the reason why Patrick felt... human actually. In moments like this where he felt so weak and vulnerable, somehow being so exposed made him feel so very much alive. And to hear the horrid story of an Immortal which bore their clutches on Alistair, while he felt nothing towards it other than consideration towards self identity? By the Fates this had become something so heavy, just how hard with emotion had they become bound?

The fact they could feel each others emotions through this magical bond, that already made it an unusual reality for Patrick as is. But this? The entire conversation as a whole? Again with the being special, a concept that nearly made Pat cringe. Ilaren's tits this was awkward, but to hear it while it needed to be heard; it brought a better sense of awareness from Alistair's point of view. Now Patrick understood why the man deemed him 'special' and because of that, he had to come to a decision on his own terms. Yes. The reality was that Patrick didn't wish to compromise his own personal freedom, and commitment to him was in a sense doing just that of course.

"I can't get over the fact ya think I'm this special guy mate. It's... It's kinda scary honestly." He admitted with hands rested at his hips. "I'm not one t' indulge my self in such affairs but, fer you, I can't deny that I am humbled. And flattered." He sighed as he moved over to sit next to Alistair, a hand rested on his lap while the drunkard relaxed into the bench. "I'm terrible at this shit Al, physical love is somethin' I'm better at but emotion wise... well that's why I've always relied on booze. You however change that part of me somehow, make me think o' better things I could be doin'."

"I guess what I'm tryin' t' say is," He paused with a clearing of the throat, "I do love ya and love havin' ya around. In my ideal world we'd likely be rich in our own paradise, with a harem full o' men and women we both like. Extravagant parties and wild bonfires. We'd certainly find ourselves worn out from all the drinkin', rompin', celebratin'; but I'd honestly wouldn't mind that so long as you were there." As he admitted this he chuckled out of amusement, his wild imagination likely good for a little laugh.

"I want t' be happy at the end o' each day, and as far as I can tell you're part of that. So to answer that question ya asked me; I think a world without Alistair Venora is a world a little less brighter. In my honest opinion." As he said this he raised the hand that rested on Alistair's lap up to the noble's chest, a finger pointed at his heart while the Patrick gave him a sincere smirk.
word count: 747
"Freedom is everything."

NPCs Renown Rolls Timeline Influences Pantheons Trove Property Workshop Rambles Vlogs
Alistair
Approved Character
Profession: Wanderer
Renown: 1000
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Ne'haer or Far

Listening to Patrick talk it all through made him calm down, very quickly. He still felt a bit embarrassed, but he could rationalize with himself now. Hearing Patrick made him feel a lot better, regardless of what he was saying. Whether it was the man being firm, kind or silly, Alistair's clarity often followed the parting of the Hound's lips. And he realized, in this particular moment of clarity, that Patrick and he were really searching for their souls together. Alistair wasn't the only one looking for what life was all for. They were walking that road together, side-by-side.

"I understand, Patrick," he nodded. "I'm terrible at it, too. All of this. People - like Damien - keep telling me to be who I am. Who I really am. Act normal. Don't present a fabricated self. But that's not what I want. I don't want to be who I am - the real me is someone that's empty, quiet, compliant. I don't..."

He didn't know anything else, until recently. It was a period of evolution. A beauty that came with the freedom of escaping the tethers of his right of birth. This long journey away from home had taught him a lot - and most important of all, it had taught him something contrary to the beliefs he'd held previously. Things he'd learned from Father Damien.

That evil is desire. In fact, the man before him taught him otherwise; that desire was not the root of evil, but a gateway to many things. To things good and bad. To life-changing events, whether leading to death and decay, or growth and revelation. His desire for Patrick had been a gateway for him as well - to a brave new world. One that was here now, before him.

And apparently, a deserted island full of exquisite whores. He laughed at Patrick's "ideal world", only able to think that the concept seemed innately tied to the Hound's libido. As many of his decisions and ambitions seemed to be. More than just humorous, though, the thought was wonderful. To think that Patrick really wanted for Alistair to share such a life with him, even if it sounded like a wealthy merchant man's bachelor party repeated for sixty arcs...

It didn't matter. It was a funny, but calming thought. Spending a life enjoying himself, instead of playing tug-of-war with potentially calamitous affairs and ambitious, pompous mages. He nodded his head. "I'd like that," he whispered, moving closer to place his arm around Patrick's shoulders. At that point, the barkeeps's fingers trailed up to his heart, and he smirked. Alistair smiled shyly.

"If that's the case," he began, "we need to make sure you stay alive, so we can accomplish that dream. No more secrets. No more battered rooms and bloody wood panels. I'm a part of your life now. I want to be a part of it for a long time. So trust me, okay?" he stared quietly, his arms taking grasp of the palm that had come to poke around his chest.

"I love you, Patrick," he told him, leaning in to plant a kiss on his lips. "Thank you for being honest with me. And being good -- always," he smiled brightly. "Now," he began, "let's go to our room, shall we?"

The Venora stood up from the bench, and with hold of Patrick's hand, led him towards the inn. He teased him on the way there, running palms over his chest and planning kisses along his neck and jaw. The mage missed a lot about Patrick, and not least of all their chemistry that defied logic. He always desired him, all the time.

Unlike before, however, he wasn't afraid of that desire. Or being desired himself. Latently, the mark given to him by Syroa had changed him. Not only did he possess the talent of attracting others to him, but without thought, he was eager to use it. He eyed his lover coyly as they approached the entrance to their room, then pulled him closer.

"So..." he began, "the hundred-eighth of Vhalar was a long time ago. How did you keep yourself from going mad in all that time?"
word count: 721
Patrick
Approved Character
Profession: Trouble
Renown: 575
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Ne'haer or Far

"I really doubt that." Patrick argued upon Alistair's statement; if anything who the man really was, was completely different from the way he described himself. Alistair did seem quiet but if he really believed himself empty, then he truly had to be out of touch with his inner self. "That part o' you that feels blank and devoid of things, that's just a fraction of what ya really are." Truthfully when he mentioned this Patrick felt he didn't need to elaborate, as all these other things he felt better defined who the noble actually was. Human.

With his explanation of how an ideal world existed, Patrick had been encouraged by Alistair; to no longer conceal or avoid truth in their relationship. "Aye" He nodded in agreement, "I'll do just that." With a vacant smile he chuckled afterwards and while he'd been thanked once more, he did little more than reciprocate Alistair with the tender kiss. "Yeah, definitely need t' lose a few layers." He mused with a scratch at his collar bone, while it definitely had useful purposes the leather armor kinda made him chafe a little. With his hand taken by the noble they were both off towards the Golden Flask, the vagrant teases made along the way stirred sensations of longing and desire within the man.

Alistair knew very well how to get an arousal out of Patrick, although admittedly that was never hard to achieve. Now of course there existed a vivid intent in Alistair's desire, and when they came to the entrance of his room Patrick realized something; that Alistair no longer felt bashful about his own charms. No there existed a confidence about them within the man, something that allured Patrick to him even more. "Well," Patrick cracked a smile with a chuckle, "I've got my ways." He coyly teased as he brushed a hand down Alistair's stomach and then waistline, with the turn of the knob he opened the door to allow the both of them inside.

Where they would be left alone to bask in the vices that followed, their company shared with only each other for the rest of the day.
word count: 375
"Freedom is everything."

NPCs Renown Rolls Timeline Influences Pantheons Trove Property Workshop Rambles Vlogs
Jade
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Profession: Prophet
Renown: 0
Personal Journal
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Ne'haer or Far

Very cute thread you both! You guys had me laughing hard with that Lotharro comment!! I love to see the dynamic played between these characters and how each want to think of themselves one way, but are completely the opposite. Alistair with his emotional self, but he becomes so attatched and is really quite romantic and affectionate when close to someone. Patrick who thinks he's the worst person in the world, and a drunk, but is compassionate and kind hearted to a fault. Both of these characters are so relatable and beautiful to see written so well. You both did a great job with this thread. Keep it up!

Alistair

Knowledge
The Coven: Growing Across The Globe
Patrick: Not Family, More Than A Friend
Patrick: You Can Help But Show Affection For Him
Patrick: Left Wendell and Rei Alone?
Patrick: Would have Preferred The Romping
Patrick: You're In Love With Him
Patrick: Changed
Patrick: You Both Walk Two Separate Paths
Patrick: It's Up To You Where You Stand With Him
Patrick: Doesn't Think Much of Himself
Psychology: Struggle Between Power or Love
Domain Magic: Spark Link
Etiquette: Appropriate Times To Scold Someone

Loot: N/A
Injuries: N/A
Fame: (+3) Openly Affectionate With Another Man In Public
Devotion: N/A --- Although you requested it, I don't feel like devotion towards Syroa was earned due to the fact that I don't think much lust was put into the thread or the actions done within it. Alistair and Patrick had a heart to heart which, suggested at the end, meant that they would be making love rather than romping like bunnies. I didn't find any other motive to suggest the act was performed in the name of Syroa, only the mention of her forcing her mark on Ali and making him act more emotional.

Story: 5/5
Collaboration: 5/5
Structure: 5/5
Can Use Points For Magic Skills: Yes

Patrick

Knowledge
Domain Magic: Spark Link
Psychology: Rest And A Shopping Spree Promote Happiness
Alistair: Surprisingly, Openly Affectionate
Alistair: Blunt
Alistair: Worries About You (A Little Too Much)
Alistair: Wants To Know Where He Stands With You
Alistair: Changed
Alistair: Destined For Great Things
Alistair: You're Something Precious
Alistair: Become An Immortal's Prey
Alistair: Admitted To Having Very Little Ideals
Wendell and Rei Reunited
Philosophy: No One Could Love A Drunk Like You

Loot: Please deduct coin from your ledger for these items, if you have not already done so: Escentials, A Few Weapons, Full Leather Armor
Injuries: N/A
Fame: (+3) Openly Affectionate With Another Man In Public
Devotion: N/A

Story: 5/5
Collaboration: 5/5
Structure: 5/5
Can Use Points For Magic Skills: No
word count: 462
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”J.R.R. Tolkien
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Western: Ne'haer”