• Memory • My Hero (Ti'niva)

Niv is saved from a bumble bee by Ti'niva

Here is the City in the Trees. Desnind, home of the Immortal Moseke and much more! All IC writings in Desnind go here.
Niv
Approved Character
Race: Yludih
Profession: Tiny Sage
Renown: 101
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

My Hero (Ti'niva)

► Show Spoiler
42 day of Ashan, 714

The bright purple blossom Niv had carefully cultivated on her head was finally in full bloom. It had taken her a few days to grow after eating the fruit of the extremely poisonous Manchineel tree. Niv’s blossom would act as an antidote to the blistering sap the tree released in the rain and the agonizing death it could cause anyone other than Tunawa foolish enough to eat its tainted fruit. Niv skipped happily along the mossy floor, with her blossom on full display a top her tangled vines of hair. Her smile was wide, as she imagined all the forest creatures admiring her beautiful flower from the tree tops.

In reality, the vast majority paid little attention to the flower or the Tunawa attached to it. Unfortunately for Niv there was one creature that did, and it slowly made its approach with Niv none the wiser. The low buzzing sound finally entered Niv’s tiny ears and she stopped dead in her tracks. Her smile quickly turned into a wide eyed look of terror as she saw her unwanted pursuer.

“BEE!” Niv screamed before running as fast as her twiggy legs could take her. The insects ominous buzz rang in Niv’s head as it slowly hovered behind her, moving effortlessly through the air in pursuit. The pollen gatherer was one of Niv’s greatest phobias besides fire of course, due to the rare fire bees that were known to kill Tunawa. This particular one did not have the blue markings or the scent of smoke but there was little difference in Niv’s eyes. Bees were just another blight on the world conjured by the plague lord. Niv was likely being targeted by the Immortal of pestilence for her flower, it was the only logical explanation.

“HELP! It's going to KILL ME!” Niv cried desperately as she weaved through mushrooms and protruding roots to get away from the fluffy yellow and black beast.

A massive constrictor roused by the commotion, slithered down a nearby tree. The snake hadn’t eaten in quite a while and was ready to swallow just about anything it could gets it’s mouth around. It followed the sound of distress not realizing it was stalking a walking twig.

To make matters worse, directly in Niv’s path was a small termite mound that Niv was completely oblivious to. She was likely to stumble right into it, if the snake didn’t swallow her whole first.
It would seem that Fate was not on Niv’s side this day.

Credit to Kidchan
Last edited by Niv on Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:29 am, edited 2 times in total. word count: 465
Ti'niva
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Hunter
Renown: 98
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

My Hero (Ti'niva)

Ti walked through the forest, his bow in hand as he looked for some tracks to follow. It had been a while since he went hunting without his father, and now he was relishing the time away from the man. He scanned over the floor but there was nothing, it was barren of anything worth hunting. All he had seen were tracks of squirrels and a few rabbits, he was in search of something bigger, something worth more when it came to trade. He plucked his bow string allowing the sound to reverberate, a deep murmuring sound that was strangely calming. As he kept walking and discovered no larger tracks, he decided not to waste the trip. He would practice some archery instead.

A fallen branch lay ahead of him on the floor, it was rotting and slowly breaking apart. He would use that for practice, that was the decision he made as he drew an arrow from his pack and prepared to shoot it at the fallen branch. His father had told him of style of shooting, he called it instinctive archery. The idea was to shoot your bow accurately without aiming, allowing your instincts and skill to make the shot. This is what he would try now. He knocked the arrow quickly drawing the string and firing the bow without taking the time to aim. The arrow flew and landed about a metre short of it target. His lips went into a tight straight line, he was disappointed with his first attempt. He had hoped to do better, but he would try again.

He knocked another arrow and readied himself, he placed his fingers either side of the fletching. He drew just as his ears were filled with the sound of a scream. His head and body turned as he responded to the, this left his arrow to whistle off over the branch and into the forest. He hardly noticed the failed shot as he heard again a girls voice on the wind. She was calling for help, and the hero part of himself immediately forced his body to take off in a sprint. He followed the sound of the screams rushing, jumping over plants and branches. He traversed the forest at speed with a practiced skill. Each step moving towards the source as he rushed to the girls aid. Many ideas crossed his mind, maybe it was a wolf or a bear, or something worse. He felt butterflies in his stomach as he imagine facing down a bear.

Then he spotted her, the small Tunawa sprinting through the underbrush. His eyes struggled to trace the small girls movement, but something he could trace was the snake that moved towards her. His eyes widened as he realised she was fleeing from the snake. He dropped his bow and pack and dived at the snake, it was a constrictor and at least as long as he was tall. He grabbed its wriggling and riving body as he wrestled it into submission, they rolled on the floor and he felt his body role over a large mound, it was crushed bellow his weight. He gained control of the snake and managed to fling it off into the forest as he got his footing with some heavy stomps on the mound as he looked for the girl. She was still running towards him and where the snake had been, still screaming. He was confused had he not just saved her.

"Little one it is okay, I have dealt with the snake." He said having also inadvertently dealt with the termites. He stood proud above her yet she was still screaming he looked around confused trying to figure out what she was running from.
Last edited by Ti'niva on Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 629
Niv
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

My Hero (Ti'niva)

A Sev’ryn man wrestling a snake suddenly crashed in front of Niv with a jarring slam that made the Tunawa jump nearly a foot in the air. Dirt and Dust were stirred up during the tussle as the surprise combatants rolled through the termite hill. Niv pushed herself to the side to evade a flying clump of dirt but was hit with a wall of dirt particles instead. The dirt got in her eyes and mouth, leaving her blind but with a surprisingly pleasant taste in her mouth. Niv tried to rub the dirt free but tripped over a small rock and fell to the ground. The buzzing entered her ears once more and she scrambled frantically along the ground in panic, not knowing where she was or where she was going.

“Don’t let it get me!” Niv continued to cry hoping that ether the man or even the snake would save her. The sound of struggling between the two had stopped and she heard something flying in the air. Niv could only hope it was a giant bird willing to take the awful bee into it’s clutches and take it far far away from Niv in the off chance that the wrestlers didn't see her.

She heard the voice of the Sev’ryn reassuring her that the snake was gone which only confused and slightly irritated the Tunawa. How could he possibly think Niv would care about the outcome of a wrestling match when a killer bee was after her?!
“The Bee! The Bee!” Niv chanted with urgency, hoping the Sev’ryn would understand the obvious danger she was in.

“Ow!” Niv’s ran into a rock hard as she charged forward. She clutched her stinging head for a trill but dismissed the pain as she quickly wiped her eyes clean. The rock in front of her was about the size of a full grown turtle and almost as green. Niv gripped the moss that blanketed the rock in an attempt to climb but the moss quickly crumbled in her hands and she fell backwards into the dirt. The buzzing hummed louder and she opened her irritated eyes to see the Bee eclipsing her with its fat wooly body, ready to deliver the killing blow.

Credit to Kidchan
Last edited by Niv on Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:58 am, edited 2 times in total. word count: 390
Ti'niva
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

My Hero (Ti'niva)

The bee, he stood for a moment confused. Pondering the words momentarily before suddenly realising what was happening. She was being chased by a bee, he hadn't even noticed it before that moment. To him it was so small and insignificant but to her, as a Tunawa, it was a mighty foe. He looked back down in search of the girl seeing her just as she ran into a rock, he hissed sympathising with her pain as she fell back into the dirt. He quickly squatted down by her and wafted at the bee, shooing it away. "Away with you, devilish insect." He said as it flew away from his large and dangerous hand. "Are you okay little one?" He asked once he had made sure the bee was gone.

He knelt before his with a charming and friendly smile, the smile of a young man who wished to only do good. "I hope you didn't hurt yourself too badly, I thought you were running from the snake." He admitted going slightly flush with embarrassment. He placed out his hand beckoning for the small Tunawa to climb aboard, she would be safe from any snakes and bees if she was travelling on him somehow. He wondered where a Tunawa could ride on a human, maybe their shoulder or their head. The idea was amusing and he wondered if a Tunawa would be offended if you thought they needed to be carried.

"You will be safe if you travel upon my body." He said explaining himself in order to avoid any offence. He smiled and looked around at the chaos he had caused in the forest floor by wrestling with the snake. There was a crushed Termite mound and a few plants had been crushed by his foolishness. He silently prayed to Moseke for her forgiveness in killing these plants before their time. Next time he would be more careful when taking on the task of wrestling a snake. He felt rather foolish having gone to all that trouble with the snake when all along it had been a bee that eh had to deal with to save the small maiden.

She had an interesting flower growing on her head, it was quite beautiful, the purple was so pleasing to the eye. "That is a very becoming flower upon your head." He said still amazed by how the miniature beings hair was made from plants and their skin bark. He couldn't help but stare at her, he knew it was rude but he was struggling not too. He tried to distract her from his rude staring by smiling again, he felt like a small boy again when he discovered something new. The difference now, he was smart enough to at least try and be respectful, something not as strongly present in children.
word count: 481
Niv
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

My Hero (Ti'niva)

Niv closed her eyes tightly, unable to face her untimely doom head on. A single golden tear streamed down her cheek as she realized her life was coming to an end. A strong breeze washed over her and the buzzing left with it. Niv’s brow strained in confusion and she eased one eye open slowly to see if the bee was still there. Both eyes shot open in surprise at the sudden disappearance of the bee. Her head darted side to side to confirm that the beast was truly gone.

“You vanquished the Bee!!” Niv cheered with great enthusiasm as she thrust her arms up in triumph. She pulled herself up and began to jump and skip about with a happy smile.

“Oh don’t worry about that, you saved my life great hero!” Niv stopped her dance to perform a bow of respect towards her saviour. It was true that her head throbbed a bit and her eyes still burned but the overwhelming sense of relief was strong enough to combat the pain.
“Oh thats why you were wrestling the snake, I thought you two were friends” She let out a sigh before adding with a slight frown ”Poor snake, I hope he finds another play mate.”

Niv noticed the out stretched hand and looked up at the smiling man attached to it. A strange feeling came over her as she looked into the large hazel orbs he called eyes. It was like a small group of butterflies were flitting about in her chest and they seemed to beat their wings harder when ever she looked at the mans face. Despite his lack or bark or vines he was quite handsome, she had to admit. She looked away with a shy smile but none the less walked onto his hand with a soft thank you.

“Ok!” Niv replied with a girlish giggle when the sev’ryn talked about traveling on his body. She climbed up his muscular arms doing her best to tread carefully as she headed for his shoulder. The tunawa nestled like a happy kitten in the fur of the mans vest, feeling like she could take a nap after her tiring ordeal right on the strangers sholder. She was oblivious to the damage caused by the encounter and the praying the man was doing in forgiveness.

Niv perked her head up from its resting position in the fur at the mention of her flower.
“Oh thank you it’s very special, it will make excellent medicine for treating the poison of the Manchineel Tree.” Niv smiled with pride as she gently stroked the petals.

“May I ask the name of the one that saved me?” Niv tired to hold back her nervous giggles. “I’m called Niv.”

“Do you save a lot of girls or just me?” Niv said shyly with another uncontrollable giggle. The butterflies in her chest were beating there wings at an even faster rate then before.

Credit to Kidchan
word count: 505
Ti'niva
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

My Hero (Ti'niva)

She was giggling a lot, a sweet and delicate sound that made him smile softly. He wondered what was causing the repeating giggles, it was something he had not experienced before. She seemed comfortable with him, however, and climbed up to his shoulder quite contently. She was so light, he barely felt her weight on his shoulder. He was happy to hear that the flower would be used for good, he always loved to hear of the new and interesting world of medicine. He was still quite amazed by her, the tiny plant girl, his mind struggled to perceive it possible. He admired the flower as she stroked the petals and then her pretty bark. It was so strange to look at someones skin and instead see the bark that would normally cover a tree. Although strange, it was definitely not ugly and as far as small tree people go, Ti thought her quite attractive. He turned his head a little more and smiled at her.

"My name is Ti'niva, nice to meet you Niv." His face showed his pure delight at meeting the little one. She again giggled and his friendly smile widened as he chuckled a little along with her. The sound was deep and warm, it reverberated round his chest cavity with a warm hum. She seemed happy to nestle down in the fur on his vest as he began to walk, he crouched and retrieved his bow when they reached it.

"I have to be honest, you are my first." He said as he stood back up keeping his bow in his hand and ready just in case something else arrived in search of his new little friend. "I have never been able to save a girl before, especially one further adorned with such a beautiful flower." He barely even realised how these words could be interpreted, he had no clue that anyone would ever take them as a confession of attraction or a display of interest. So he continued to walk unaware of anything that the girl might have been thinking. He inhaled deeply taking in the fresh air which was accompanied by the sent of the flower to his side.

"So where can I take you little miss?" He asked as he realised he was walking rather aimlessly through the forest. He had no idea where the Tunawa lived, but he was sure if that was where she was heading she would guide him. Her giggles were so sweet and he found himself wondering if all Tunawa girls giggled this much, or was it just Niv. He ran his fingers through his hair as he thought about it, his feet rustling in the leaves a little.
word count: 460
Niv
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

My Hero (Ti'niva)

“Oh your name has my name in it! Ti’ NIV-a! see!” Niv lightly clapped her hands in quick succession to show her joy at this realization. “We have something in common already!” She smiled to herself as that simple fact gave her comfort. To her it was a sign that their meeting was not simple coincidence but the workings of fate.

“So I’m special then.” Niv fluttered her eyelashes and placed her fingers on her smiling lips to seem more alluring. The gesture was mostly lost on Ti’niva as he was too busy looking out for more danger.
“I think you’re beautiful too.” Niv blurted out without warning. Her body stiffened and her eyes bulged out a bit once she realized what she had just said. “…I like your long black grass.” Niv winched a bit at her own statement. she was digging herself into a hole by the trill.

I think your beautiful too? did I really just say that. Handsome Niv, he’s handsome not beautiful. Also I like your black grass? that’s weird Niv, you’re a weirdo. You should just go back to your burrow and never talk to boys ever again.

Niv shook to attention as her internal monologue was broken by Ti’niva’s question.
“oh I live..” She narrowed her eyes and looked around the area for a land mark she could recognize. “Oh oh! If you can drop me off at that mossy rock ahead I can call for my friend Patcha,” She stretched her arm forward to point out the three foot tall boulder with thick patches of green Moss sitting just past a few narrow trees. “He’s probably been flying around looking for me and thats where he dropped me off.”

Once they arrived and Niv was let down, she squawked loudly into the tree tops. After a few good squawks, A sulphur crested cockatoo came down from the sky with a tiny saddle attached to his back. The bird landed next to Niv and nuzzled his head into the tunawa affectionately, causing the her to stumble a bit.
Niv chirped and cooed to her bird friend and stroked its feathers to calm its excitement. Patcha tapped its beak reputably on the rock and nudged Niv with his head.
“He’s anxious to go, Patcha isn’t the most patient bird in Desnind.” Niv smiled up at Ti’niva let out one last giggle.
Niv climbed onto her mount and before she could even say a command Patcha flapped his wings and took off to the sky.
“Nice meeting you Hero.” Niv hollered as she was carried off.

Credit to Kidchan
word count: 454
Ti'niva
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

My Hero (Ti'niva)

Beautiful, what a strange word to use in this scenario, not only because he was male but he had only really used the word in terms of nature. It wasn't that he didn't know its meaning in social convention, it was just something he had never used before. He smiled at her, his furrowed brow giving away the fact that he was a little confused by her choice of words. He did however let out a laugh as she said she liked his long black grass. That was certainly a new one and something lost on his Sev'ryn form. He wondered if Tunawa had black grass sometimes. "Thank you Niv. And yes you are one of a kind, no one else may claim to have been saved by me."

"The mossy rock it is." He said as he altered his course slightly. He was heading for the rock as she had commanded, walking with meaning and grace only a Sev'ryn could have in the forest. The rock was about 3 feet tall and Ti found himself wondering how she had planned to get up there. "How were you going to climb that?" He said comparing it with her height, he imagined it quite difficult to climb a slippy rock when it was more than three times your height.

He placed her down on the rock gently, taking slight liberties as to lift her himself rather than climb. He wondered if that was rude but it occurred to him too late and she was already on the rock. He looked around for the girls friend, wondering where this other person was. He was taken by surprise when she began calling out strangely. She sounded like a bird, really like a bird. If he had heard the call without knowing it was her he wouldn't have thought twice about it.

It then occurred to him that her friend must be a bird and so it was. It flew down from above in the trees and landed wildly next to the little Tunawa. Ti nodded his head to the bird and then Niv. She was quickly mounted on the bird and he almost took of immediately. Ti struggled to fit his goodbye in. "Good bye little one!" He shouted after her as she flew off into the distance. 'What a strange young girl.' He thought to himself as he began the journey back home.
word count: 413
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread

My Hero (Ti'niva)

Niv

Points!:

Story: 5/5
Collaboration: 5/ 5
Structure: 5/ 5
Knowledge:

Climbing: Scrambling whilst running can be very tricky
Climbing: Pay attention or you can get hurt
Detection: Buzzing can mean danger
Endurance: Remaining focused after a head injury
Running: Running over uneven ground
Running: Ducking and diving whilst running
Running: Using your environment.
Poison: Machineel Tree has poisonous fruit
Poison: Antidote to Machineel Tree is a purple flower
Ti'niva: Your saviour
Ti'niva: Handsome
Ti'niva: Kind
Ti'niva: Makes butterflies flutter in your tummy
Ti'niva: Brave
Ti'niva: Your hero
Ti'niva: You were his first......
Ti'niva: Has Niv in his name, surely 'twas meant to be?
Ti'niva: Thinks you are beautiful
Unarmed Combat: Dodging flying attacks
Unarmed Combat: Taking cover

Loot:
NA
Fame:
NA
Devotion:
NA
Magic:
These points may NOT be used for arcana
Ti'niva

Points!:

Story: 5/5
Collaboration: 5/ 5
Structure: 5/ 5
Knowledge:

Endurance: Running at a sprint for any length of time is tiring
Endurance: Combat + running requires careful breath control
Endurance: Regulate your breathing.
Hunting: Squirrel tracks
Ranged Combat (Bow): Instinctive Archery requires a lot more skill
Ranged Combat (Bow): Aiming and not aiming
Running: Traversing the forest floor
Niv: A Tunawa
Niv: Doesn't like bees
Niv: Giggles. A lot
Niv: You saved her
Niv: Thinks you're beautiful
Niv: Can grow antidotes to poisons
Niv: Beautiful
Strength: Constrictor snakes are heavy
Unarmed Combat: Fall and grab
Unarmed Combat: Snake wrestling

Loot:
NA
Fame:
+4 (good deed and single combat vs snake)
Devotion:
+1 prayer to Moseke
Magic:
These points may NOT be used for arcana

Overview:

General comments. Oh what a wonderful, sweet and endearing thread! I loved reading it and I'm so pleased that I got to review it!
Story Great! What a hero Ti'niva was and when Niv realised that he has Niv in his name, I laughed aloud. Loved it!
Structure No issues!

Please do PM me if you think I've missed anything or you have any questions!
word count: 348
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~
Current Status:
Working on a New User Guide - feel free to feed back in the thread!
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Desnind”