• Closed • 'Whoa, you two know each other!?'

Symbri, Atashi And Kylar bump into one another while in Andaris

The capital city of the of Rynmere, here is seated the only King in Idalos.
Atashi
Approved Character
Race: Ithecal
Profession: Knight, Blacksmith
Renown: 70
Character Sheet
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

'Whoa, you two know each other!?'

51st Zi'da 716

Having seen something that resembled Ithecal clothing, Atashi sped off, leaving Symbri as he dashed in excitement to the store window - The coffee had really done its work, perhaps too much even. He looked into the window, squinting a little while trying to get a better view of the place. He raised his cupped hands to his forehead, making a shadow for him to peer through. Now those - those clothes looked like they might just fit him. They were either clothes, or blankets fashioned to look like clothes. Either way, they were 'waaay' too big for a human to even dream of wearing and looking normal. He looked over his shoulder to Symbri with stars in his eyes, "Come on, come look! I think that's Ithecal clothing!" He spoke, his tail swaying from side to side happily as the continued to peer through the window while waiting for Symbri to catch up.

Then it struck him, Kylar was in Andaris also, right? Him and his wolf? It would sure be neat if they bumped into each other. He could then introduce him to his new 'good-luck-charm', Symbri. And then introduce Symbri to his best friend from Venora. These were all of course, just his excited brain going into over drive - There was perhpas no chance of bumping into the Lothar in a city this big. regardless, his tail still swished to and fro. 'Stop that.' he ordered, he wasn't some sort of mutt. Why did his tail insist on wagging when he got excited? Whatever the reason, it couldn't stop his unbridled hype. He hadn't been clothes shopping in so long! This is the first shop he'd seen in seasons that sold clothing of his calibre.

Not wanting to waste another moment in the cold, Atashi rushed in. Regardless of whether Symbri followed, he waited inside the store, figuring that its only fair that he gave her the chance to catch up.
Last edited by Atashi on Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 340
Symbri
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Monk
Renown: 34
Character Sheet

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

'Woah, you two know eachother!?'

Zi'da, 716
Walking alongside her companion Symbri appreciated the companionable air not concerned at the pace that the day followed. At some point, it seemed that Atashi found what he wanted she was alerted first by the thumping of his tale before his voice joined it joyously pointing out a shop that carried exactly what he was looking for. Hurrying to keep up with Him Symbri followed curious as to what the store sold.

Following still holding the puppy Symbri followed him into the shop looking about blearily in the now dim light from the blinding snow. Clothes of all colors hung on racks and shelves waiting to be bought. Felling some of the materials, she spotted ramie and cotton and she thought perhaps even silk but she was no expert on materials.

"Atashi are these what you're looking for?"

She said, pointing vaguely abut the store? She wasn't too sure what it was an Ithecal wore so she was left following him around following his lead tell he pointed out what it was he was looking for, once she recognized what they were looking for she could help him out more. Looking about Sym looked at one of the frosted windows and grinned mischievously before drawing a smiling face in the glass looking over the clothes that she and Atashi were browsing through.

"Oh Atashi are you gonna go with green clothing or were you going to go with plain colors? Did you want everyday clothes or fancier ones? "

Shooting questions at him as she mulled over various objects she grinned it was cozy shopping with someone else even if this store didn't have much she was interested in.
Last edited by Symbri on Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 284
Kylar
Race: Immortal
Profession: Mercenary/Skyrider
Renown: 27
Character Sheet

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

'Woah, you two know eachother!?'

Kylar walked through the streets of Andaris, not sure of his destination. Alongside him was Zi'da, his wolf. It was clear he was trained, from the way he was walking alongside Kylar. Besides, it was much more common to have something like a wolf as a pet than it was to have a lion, per say. He couldn't walk Hunter about without scaring a lot of people. A wolf was much more canine like, so people often saw it to be similar as a dog. Besides, Zi'da could turn invisible - something useful if people were scared of him.
"You know, you've developed this annoying habit of thinking - you should stop. I've heard stories of men who died from thinking too hard, and they were actually smart, so only Karem knows what would happen to you" Zi'da said mockingly. Kylar chuckled.
"Well, you've developed a bad habit of being sarcastic. I've heard stories of wolves who were left without food for less" Kylar retorted. Zi'da gave an un-amused grunt.
"Well, that would have been funny if I needed to eat. But I don't, I live off of your force, so for me to die you would have to - jokes on you. Besides, I've always been sarcastic, I developed nothing."

After some time of general chatter with a wolf, Kylar noticed something. Atashi, in Andaris? It wasn't that long after they had come back from the expedition, which might explain why Atashi was still here, but he thought that Atashi would have gone home by now.
As he considered approaching his friend, he noticed someone else - Symbri. It had been a long time since he'd seen her, and to say he was the same would be a lie. He'd come back from an expedition, argued with her, and then recovered. Now, he'd just come back from an expedition again and was still recovering. He prayed to Karem things would work out differently this time around.
"You know, there's nothing wrong with a Human and Ithecal dating, you shouldn't be judging so harsh. You're half animal, married to a Sev'ryn, so you can't complain" Zi'da said, noticing the staring. Kylar shook his head. He was deep in thought.
"It's not that. I know the two. One you already met, Atashi. The other is...an old friend."

Kylar walked in to the shop that the two went in, Zi'da close on his tail. As he walked in, the shop keeper started shouting. "Ge' that animal out of here! Ge' out!" she screamed. Zi'da sighed, and walked out, then turned invisible and came back in. The woman glared at Kylar, who ignored it.
"Fancy seeing you two here" he said to Atashi and Symbri. "I didn't know you knew eachother?"
word count: 488
Atashi
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Templates

Featured

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

"It's Ithecal clothing for sure." he spoke in response to Symbri, still excited. "But whether it's what I need or not, we'll soon see." The shop was seemingly bigger on the inside, it was mostly human clothing but they had a section of the store dedicated for more exotic races. Regardless, he had the responsibility of finding not only clothing that would keep him warm on a three-day journey home, but the duty to find some clothing for Symbri to perform in. He kept a keen eye on the stock, scanning the room as they made their way deeper. "I'm no fashion expert," he confessed at Symbri's question. "But I think too much green would make me look even more like a tree, if my height weren't bad enough." he grinned to himself, winding up the human that followed behind him.

As they reached the back of the store, the door opened behind them and the store keeper started barking something about animals, he paid no attention. He looked about the various items of Ithecal clothing and spotted a dancers outfit among them, 'Strange...' he pondered. He hadn't seen an Ithecal dancer since he was a child, but the garment looked familiar to him. He looked to Symbri and squinted, then back to the garment. It looked as though it could be modified for human use with enough ease, but still looked very cold. "That performance you were telling me about, is it indoors?" he asked as he took the garment from the shelf and looked Symbri up and down with a thoughtful expression. "I think you'd look even more beautiful in this..." he confessed, unfolding the garment and showing it to Symbri.
Clothes
Image(I'm sorry)
He looked to her, anticipating he response. Seemingly unaware of the suggestive nature of the garment he was presenting to the human girl. As if on cue to save him from the soon-to-be-red Symbri, Kylar approached him. "Kylar?" he asked, tilting his head a little while still holding the lewd piece of fabric in his hand. "Kylar! it's good to see you, where's Zi'da?" He asked, looking around at the floor at his feet, surprised to see the lack of wolf at his side. "Wait, you two have already met...?" He asked, confusion in his tone as he looked between Symbri and Kylar. Oh well, just meant that he didn't need to introduce them to each other. "I wish you talked to me more about these things, Kylar! I might have been able to meet her sooner if you'd told me! But we met yesterday, as I went into town looking for winter clothing." he explained, a stinging pain in his tail reminded him of the bastard horse that had tread on him that day.

Speaking of the bastard horse, he looked to the shop window - Lash waited there as he'd expected. 'Good.' for once the horse hadn't made a nuisance of herself. Turning his eyes from the window, he looked back to Symbri with the garment still in his hand, he asked "What do you think of the dress by the way?" with innocence in his eyes. The term 'Dress' was used loosely, the term 'loosely' being used in more than one context.
word count: 567
Symbri
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Zi'da, 716
Chuckling at Atashi as he talked Symbri had to suppress a snicker at a very tree-like Atashi with arms spread wide impersonating branches, the though while perhaps not awe inspiring was something she wouldn't mind bullying him into later for mere satisfaction.

"I dunno Atashi, you never know, being a tree could be your second calling... Though perhaps I'll have to agree that looking like a tree wouldn't serve you terribly well in the military, people might say.... you're all bark."

Following after him taking mild pride in her occasional sparks of with Symbri pondered if this store sold any clothes she'd be interested in though she doubted it she didn't feel like there would be much harm in looking about though her idle revelry was again ruined by the preposterous things her serpentine ally liked to spout. Though this particular statement tinged her cheeks in a way she was unprepared for, it's odd how perhaps an innocent compliment is more embarrassing than an intended one, it was hard to believe that the Ithecal could mean by their races standards. Shaking off the flush when she glowered at the outfit Symbri finally grinned, it was quite beautiful if a tad revealing though she'd seen harlots walk around confidently in less, a matter of standards perhaps?

"it is quite nice.. In fact it's beautif---!"

Interrupted by a loud exclamation from the shopkeep Symbri eyed the newcomer with an apathetic gaze as she tried to gauge who she was seeing, she almost wanted to blockade herself via Atashi to avoid him but seeing as she'd already been seen it would do her little good. Finally deciding how to react she arched an eyebrow at the scenario before her.

"Long time no see Kyly, You've done and got bigger again haven't you?"

That last part of the statement was followed by a ghosted impish grin, a wisp of a faded memory perhaps? she didn't bear him ill will she decided, she had little time for vengeance over pride anymore her priorities had long since changed. not sharing Atashi's enthusiasm her expression still mildly guarded Symbri Eyed the dress again.

"it's quite nice, It reminds me of the sea dancers of my home in Ne'Haer. Hrmm, I do think I'll get it, But we're shopping for you remember mister tree."
word count: 408
Kylar
Character Sheet

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Kylar's eyes fell from person to person, both of the two in front of him being very different people. His close friend, near enough to a brother, that had a breakdown the last time they had met and had a proper conversation. Then his 'sister', a girl he met and argued with, and never saw again. His gaze dropped for the first time in a while, from casual to unpleasant - almost bitter. His emotions spiraled around him.
"Kylar, snap out of it. I don't like that look in your eye" Zi'da said, in spirit form beside him. Kylar looked his eyes back up, making no attempt to hide his conflict with them.
"Yeah, me and her met. Twice, actually. As for Zi'da, he's here - just not welcome inside" he replied bluntly, looking at Atashi only. His eyes avoided Symbri's. He had to hold back a snarl, making Zi'da stepped forward, concern in his eyes. He said no words, just looked at him.
Kylar wanted to snap at the wolf, tell him he was fine - but the fact his initial response was to snap showed him enough. This emotion, this feeling, it hurt him. Why did he care so much, was the real question?

His eyes looked to Symbri for the first time, taking her in completely. He wanted to look and see the girl at the river again, the one he called a sister. Hell, he wanted to look and see the girl he had apologized too.
But a part of him went dark, like it was neglecting all of those good memories for the bad ones. He had fought her over the Hand, argued and screamed and even threatened one another. Now where was he? He hated the Hand, had no intention of being with them anymore. All of it was for nothing.
"Long time is one word for it" he said quietly. Before he made an attempt at conversation, he saw they had a discussion going, one he had no interest in. Clothes didn't interest him when he was wearing them, let alone when someone else was.

"Kylar, we can leave if you'd like?" Zi'da said sympathetically. He could feel Kylar's emotions, see what was going through his head, and it scared him. As much as the wolf liked to tease and torment the Lotharro, he was a good man, but not one you wanted to upset. Especially not when he was as armed as Kylar was. Zi'da knew of the dagger up his sleeve, and the crossbow was hard to miss. He wasn't about to let Kylar lose it in a shop, so he appeared - right in front of the shopkeeper.
"I said ge' tha' animal out of 'ere!" the woman shouted across the shop. Zi'da growled, just making the woman more angry. Kylar looked to him with a glare.
"Zi'da, enough!" he snarled. Zi'da stopped immediately - now he'd done it. The woman started shouting, making Kylar clench his fist. Why would she not shut up? Instinctively, he kept snarling. Her volume raised as she threatened to call the guard, or worse, the hand. She told him he had no right and that she would have that animal put down. Kylar was losing his mind - he'd had enough.
"Zi'da, we're going" he said, a calm but shaky voice. He looked to Atashi and Symbri, ignoring the woman's screams from behind him. It was the last thing he needed. "Have a good day" he told the two, before making for the door, blade ready if the woman made a single move for him. Fortunately for everyone, she didn't - leaving Kylar to walk out the shop freely.

"Where to now?" Zi'da asked, knowing he'd made a mistake. Kylar looked out to the roads of Andaris, wondering the same thing.
"A bar. I need a drink."
word count: 667
Atashi
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Templates

Featured

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

'This is awesome, if only Sintih were here, then all three of my favourite people would be in one place!' He pondered, a warm smile creeping across his face. 'Actually, maybe not Sintih... Him and Kylar don't really get along well...' He gave a slight nod. The two didn't seem all that talkative however, only saying a sentence each to each other. Were they old friends? He looked between the two with concern in his eyes - this didn't feel right, for whatever reason. He kept an eye on Kylar, growing increasingly uncomfortable with the look on his face.

He smiled to Symbri with a hint of worry "Yes, I know. But that's easy enough in a shop like this, I think we could refit this dress to work for Humans, it'll be fun!" He spoke in response, his expression shifted almost to rejoicing - very proud to have found a piece of clothing that his human friend liked. It didn't last. His heart sank as Zi'da growled, he'd only heard that growl once - against him back in Oakleigh, some 30 trials ago. He immediately turned to Kylar and Zi'da with narrowed pupils, what was happening? 'Wait wait wait! Let me get some snacks! This is gonna be hilarious!' laughed the voice. Atashi watched, almost fearful as Kylar lashed out at Zi'da. He'd never known Kylar to be angry, why was he angry? Was it his fault? 'Well, you ARE meant to be looking for a place to move to, not faffing about in a shop buying some clothes with that girl.' Reminded the voice.

"K-kylar, wait!" he called out he walked away with Zi'da. Seeing him make no effort to stop, he turned to Symbri "I'm so sorry, Sym. But I should probably go clean up my mess. I'll be back in a couple of bits, please stay here? I don't want you to see this." he asked with pleading eyes, putting the dress back on the shelf and heading straight for the door - regardless of her answer. He'd have to make it up to her later, but right now Kylar was more offended and rightly so. He'd been ready to give up his profession, his home in Venora, everything so that Atashi could get better elsewhere, away from the hand. And he'd gone and squandered his kindness by having fun - that's no way to treat a friend, especially not a friend like Kylar.

He burst from the door, looking around frantically before seeing Kylar and chasing after him. "Kylar, please!" he called out, slithering up to him while he paused briefly. "Kylar, I'm sorry. I'm going to the library straight after this, whether Symbri comes or not. I promise." He paused, looking to Zi'da with concern. "You understand common, right? I'm uhh, I'm sorry about the last time we met. I'm feeling a bit more ...steady... now though, I'm not going to draw my shield on the two of you again!" He chuckled nervously, looking away in shame as he revised the memories. "May I?" He asked finally outreaching his hand to the wolf, asking permission to pet him as he had all those trials ago. Should Zi'da allow, he'd brush with the fur along the top of his head and rub into his ears.

He looked back to Kylar, "I really do appreciate everything you're doing for me, I'm not ungrateful. She just, keeps my mind occupied? It's not her fault I got distracted, you don't have to hate her for it. I'm sorry if I've caused any bitterness between you...". Sullen, he looked Kylar in the eyes - silently praying that he'd accept his apology.
word count: 649
Symbri
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

90th Vhalar, 716

Keeping to herself Symbri stayed in Back hiding in the shadow of her comrade, she'd decided she couldn't change others and to try would just lead to heartache, she couldn't wrap her head around the personalities and pains of others no matter how much she tried so why bother? Her heart went out to the two of them but she couldn't bring herself to intervene she felt frozen. Conflict had long ago lost it's appeal to her. When Atashi asked her to stay she shrugged, it was his place to do as he wanted. Putting down the dress he'd shown her Symbri frowned, buying clothing for herself almost seemed like a lost cause, no matter how pretty it might be, if it had a bad memory attached to it having it would be no fun.

Though his words were unpleasant when he spoke to Kylar, I keep his mind occupied she thought, in some ways, it was almost a painful statement. as if his only reason for being around was that somehow my presence kept him distracted, though perhaps that's as good a reason as any to spend time with people. Letting out a heavy sigh Sym pushed down her own emotions looking on apathetically as the tow idiots she cared about bickered. War changes you, she was as aware of this fact as well as anyone who'd seen combat could be. One of her hands moved to her Ribs over the long scar inflicted by shadow beasts still lay.
Looking Away from the two when she decidedly couldn't take any more of them speaking she stood aloof apathetic to the world and looked up to the sky and watched the lazy snowflakes descend around her, the one thing she was grateful for while she tuned out the world. This time it was snow falling from the sky.

"I'd rather this be snow than Ashes though"

She said softly to herself and with that she found her resolve, she'd learn how to stop war, somehow, too much suffering had taken place, even now her friends fought because war had ruined them, in some ways it'd changed her too, perhaps if she had any one true enemy, it was war itself.
word count: 385
Kylar
Character Sheet

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Kylar couldn't help but smile when Atashi blamed himself. Typical. He was always the kind to take other peoples problems on his own shoulder, make it his own, why would he not assume it was his fault? Kylar felt his eyes start to tear up, within trills the tears pouring down his cheeks as his back faced Atashi. He looked over his shoulder at his friend, making no attempt to hide his feelings. He owed him the truth, if anything.
"You really think this is about that? About you having fun?" he asked, voice shaking. "The Hand may have changed me, but I'll be damned if I ever lose my mind at my friend finally being happy, Atashi. I've been called selfish, but I will never hate someone for making you happy. No, I hate her because of what I did, and that's what makes me selfish."
Kylar realized he should probably explain, but thinking about it hurt. What happened between him and Symbri tore him apart to think about. But he had to tell Atashi, if anyone. He hadn't even told Crimson, but Atashi deserved to know.

As Kylar started, Zi'da nodded to the Ithecal and nuzzled against him. He looked to Kylar, knowing what was coming. "I met a girl once, in a dream, and decided she was my sister. It was just a dream though, I thought. But some weeks later, just before our second expedition and just after my first one, I met her again - and this time it was real" he explained, his eyes falling to Symbri as he did.
"At first I was happy, but it didn't last. She attacked me in public, albeit a joke, and I was on duty. My pride kicked in, and what started as playful ended in tears. I was half ready to kill her, there and then."
When he tried to let out his next words, a sob came in their place. Memories of his arguments with Crimson came back, how him and Atashi had divided, how everyone he swore to protect was hurt because of him. All because he didn't look where he was going and got himself hurt. All because of his pride, his belief that he was doing what was right and that meant everyone around him was as well. It made him sick.

"I hate them, Atashi" he said quietly. "I hate what they made me in to, what they did to me and my wife and you, and everyone. I hate the idea that I ever looked my pregnant wife in the eyes with something other than love. Doesn't she deserve at least that? Because now she's so scared of losing me again, she won't leave my side. She won't ever leave my side when I mention the military. She's expecting me back any minute, for that fact. If I don't come back she'll get scared, probably get the guards to search."
Kylar's eyes met Zi'da, both of them pained. Zi'da left Atashi's side and nuzzled into Kylar. The Lotharro knelt down and placed his head in Zi'da's fur, sobbing to himself.
"I can't keep hurting her, Atashi. I can't do it anymore."
word count: 560
Atashi
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Templates

Featured

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

The Ithecal looked away with his scalding "I'm sorry... I didn't mean it like that." he spoke. Now that he'd thought about it, he was being a massive wuss. Instead, he listened to his friend, the only one to have stuck by him this far. "What did you do...?" Atashi spoke confused, looking back at Symbri. He'd asked her not to follow, the immortals be damned if a child ever did as he said though. He didn't sigh or even give hint of his disappointment. How much had she heard?

As the Lothar spoke, it became more and more evident that Atashi was the one who needed to be strong this time around. She'd attacked him? His eyes fell to the human once more, surprise lining his irises. Kylar continued his story with Atashi’s turn forward, he listened intent. Kylar sobbed. Oh, please no. Ethelynda, please. Atashi reached out to his friend, only to retract his hand as he continued to speak. By the immortals, he'd had the audacity to lose his mind while his brother was suffering? 'I think we've already talked about your selfish tendencies, Scales.' reminded the voice. Atashi paid it no attention, focusing his whole being on the Lothar and the Lothar alone.

Crimson too, he'd gone and let his emotions run rampant when she'd needed him. He was a terrible friend, this he recognised. Without another trill of Kylar's crying the Ithecal Lowered himself, wrapping his arms around the Lothar before lifting him from the floor. By Ethelynda, was the man heavy. "Shh, I know, I know. You don't have to hurt her anymore, we've put it all behind us. Kylar, I promise you we'll get out of here. We'll live a life free of strife some trial, I'm going to the library straight away to find us a nice place to live, free of the hand." Atashi assured in a quiet voice, near enough to a whisper while holding the man without faltering.

Kylar had once been there for him, it was about time he returned the favour. Atashi's eyes fell to Zi'da, mouthing the words 'sorry!' as for stealing Kylar from him. The Ithecal kept his hug up, refusing to release him until his crying had finished. He didn't care if he'd embarrassed the Lotharro in public by picking him up, he shouldn't have cried if he was bothered by it. Once satisfied, he set him down carefully. "Go home. Go back to Crimson, leave this in my hands for a bit. Okay?" The Ithecal nodded, he could be strong too, right?

After they'd said their farewells, Atashi made a U-turn with his tail and approached Symbri. "I'm sorry you had to see that, Sym... I'll just grab some clothes real quick and we can get moving, if you'd like?" The Ithecal slithered into the store, grabbing a long coat he found appealing as well as some gloves, then handed them over to the desk, paid up his nel with a glare and exited the store. "I have to go to the library. If you want... You can come with me?" Atashi offered, calling Lash over and setting his new clothes on her back. "It's completely fine if you'd rather not though, I understand..." The Ithecal offered an out.
word count: 582
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Andaris”