• Graded • Pieces (Rey'na)

Fridgar and Rey'na meet by unforeseen circumstances

The capital city of the of Rynmere, here is seated the only King in Idalos.
Varthakh
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Jeger
Renown: 580
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Pieces (Rey'na)

'Beautiful, eh?' He pondered. If a wolf could smile, he would be beaming. His tail wagged slowly behind him, seemingly without his awareness - It swept across the floor from side to side while he sat. To no one's surprise, Rey appeared to be asking to pet him. His eyes narrowed and his tail stopped briefly while Rey held out her hand, asking for permission. Dammit. If it had been anyone else, he would have taken their hand in penance for their wrong doings against him. One thing he certainly wasn't fond of while in an animal form was being touched by humans - or anything with skin. Their greasy, dirty mittens often messed up his fur and was particularly disgusting when he'd turn back to a Lothar.

But this was Rey'na - and despite living out in the woods, appeared to have a good sense of Hygiene. That and she was totally adorable, how could he refuse the poor girl? Rolling his amber eyes, he broke the stare. He stood up and his tail immediately resumed it's swaying as he padded over to Rey'na a few steps and rubbed his head against her outer thigh - as dogs did. After a few strokes, he stepped back and looked up to Rey'na and nodded. The nod was difficult, A particularly bizarre set of muscles he wasn't too comfortable with using - Could wolves even nod with approval? He tried regardless, but it almost looked robotic or forced - He'd petted her, it was only fair that she got to pet him too. He sat down again on his hind legs as he anticipated whether she'd understood his weird nod.

Regardless of whether she had or not, he'd stand up once she was done and trotted around the room a little, stretching himself out some more and dissipating any discomfort in his new muscles. He looked to her while panting and barked, wagging his tail behind him. He then approached and laid down in front of her, then tilted his head, barking once more with pleading eyes and whimpering. Now he was just messing around, curious of what she'd think he wanted. As fun as it is to be a wolf, he was more than ready to turn back to a Lothar now, but was she done?
word count: 400
Whenever one finds oneself inclined to bitterness, it is a sign of emotional failure.
-- Bertrand Russell
Rey'na
Profession: Judge, Jury and Executioner
Renown: 54
Character Sheet
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Pieces (Rey'na)

Rey watched his tail, entranced with the movement it made. Beautiful was definitely the right word for the man, no doubt about it. Rey shook her head for a second. The man? She was meant to be thinking about the wolf, but when she looked at it all she could picture was Fridgar in his human form. The wolf was cute, no doubt about it - so why was she picturing him instead of the adorable animal in front of her?
She kept her eyes fixed on him, tilting her head curiously as he stared at her for a few trills. Was he contemplating it, or eyeing her up? She considered what it could mean for a while. Maybe something was wrong with her, like a knot in her hair or a mess on her face. She kept her hand there, determined it was nothing to do with her. Surely enough, he nuzzled against her thigh. She sighed with relief that she hadn't made some kind of mistake.

She saw what looked like a nod and understood, or so she hoped. If it wasn't a nod and she was about to lose a hand, it would be a somewhat irritating situation of misunderstanding, blood and pain. Perhaps Lissira could make her a new hand, though. Was that something she could do? If not, she was certain somebody could. Masque needed both of her hands.
Willing to take the risk, for whatever reason her head decided so, she took a step forward. She put her hand on the side of his head, brushing the side of his chin and cheek - the normal sweet spot she used for a lot of dogs. She hoped it was the same for wolves. If he didn't enjoy it, she would move her hand away, not stroking him again. She didn't want to hurt the poor man.

As he walked around, barking and panting, Rey watched with fascination. This was a man, in the body of a wolf? It was incredible, she'd never seen anything like it. A part of her wanted to learn. Then again, she never dealt well with pain, so learning a magic that tore your body apart and rebuilt it was probably far from a good plan for her.
When Fridgar whimpered, her heart melted. She wanted to help him, but what did he want? It was at that moment she wished she could speak dog. Surprisingly, it was the first time she'd ever wanted to speak dog, but she truly did at this point. But if she had to guess, it was food. Dog's loved food. Luckily, she had something in mind.
She walked to the door, grabbing her dagger as she goes. "Wanna go get some food?" she offered, smiling sincerely.
word count: 467
Varthakh
Approved Character
Profession: Jeger
Renown: 580
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Pieces (Rey'na)

He almost reeled back at the touch of her hand, but stopped himself. Getting cold feet now wasn't an option. And so, stealing himself for a moment, he let it happen. Admittedly, it felt good, even going as far as to twitch his ears and sound a sort of relaxed "Hnnn" Noise. But that wasn't to say that he liked that it felt good, oh no. If anything, he hated that this form enjoyed and craved the pats and rubs of humans - it just felt so demeaning! Regardless, he closed his eyes and slumped the weight of his head into her hand. The expression on his wolf face would have spoken utter bliss, but inside he was screaming.

He opened his eyes, looking up at Rey'na in the most adorable way he could as he pondered whether it would be polite to lick his host. Sure, it would be the canine thing to do, but it was kind of weird that he was a Lothar, right? After a few trils of juggling 'do it!' and 'don't do it!' in his mind, he had come to a decision. He finally removed his unrelenting puppy-dog eyes and gave her palm an extended lick before quickly setting off on his journey around the room.

He watched with a sinister glee as a certain look of distress filled her eyes at his whimper, had he found a weakness of some sort? He would have to put it to the test in future trials, it might be fun. Regardless, it was now time that he turned back to a Lothar.. Or not. He tilted his head with confusion as Rey'na turned, heading for the door, dagger in hand and everything. Food? His stomach growled as he lay as if on cue, that was a shout and a half. he hadn't eaten since earlier that day, mixed with all his physical activity - it made for a shoddy recovery. He stood up and barked with approval, it hadn't been his original plan - but food is food, and he needed it whatever form he was in. Trotting over to her, his tail wagged with anticipation.

It occurred to him after they left the house, what on earth did she have planned for food? Everywhere was surely closed at night in the city? All the more reason to go with it, he'd just pay her back when he got his clothes back. He walked at her side, the snow didn't seem to bother him quite as much while he was a wolf, so he scampered around the general area despite the burning pain in his legs. It was only fair that he try and entertain her somehow - she was treating him to lunch after all.
word count: 474
Whenever one finds oneself inclined to bitterness, it is a sign of emotional failure.
-- Bertrand Russell
Avrae Kyric
Approved Character
Race: Aukari
Profession: Mercenary
Renown: -32
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Pieces (Rey'na)

A Review by Summer Rain

Name: Fridgar

Knowledge:
Endurance: Learn from Horses
Becoming: Withstanding the Pain
Becoming: The Stress on the Body
Becoming: The Speed of Using Unleash
Deception: Trying to Find a Believable Lie
Deception: Withholding Extra Information When Not Asked
Rey’na: The Cute Girl In the Woods Outside Andaris
Rey’na: Is Fond of Puppies

Loot: N/A

Injuries: Sore Muscles - Ran as a Horse several days in a row, Unleashed, and continued to walk around as a Wolf - Three Trials until Healed if Resting, Five if not Resting

Fame:
Acts of Magic -2
General Good Deed +1 (Turned into a Puppy for Rey’na)
Total: -1 Fame

Devotion: N/A

Story: 5/5
Collaboration: 5/5
Structure: 5/5

Magic: These points MAY be used for Magic.

Comment: Hello Fridgar! This was a great thread to read. I really loved reading about how Fridgar dealt with Becoming- seeing as he will be teaching Becoming to Avrae soon. It was cool to see the little notes of what his mentor taught him, and I loved how he reacted to having his transformation seen by Rey’na. There are a few constructive criticisms I want to note, about the structure of your posts. In the beginning of this thread, there were some very minor spelling errors (of instead of off, one instead of once). However, these were very few and didn’t affect your grading at all. I just thought you may appreciate having it pointed out, as I’m sure they were simple typos. What I really noticed was that you tend to let certain sentences run long.

Example One: While approaching the gates of Andaris, he slowed to a halt, he'd made it? (While approaching the gates of Andaris, he slowed to a halt. He'd made it?)

Example Two: travelling deeper into the woods, he eventually stopped by a very shaded tree, this oughta do the trick. (Travelling deeper into the woods, he eventually stopped by a very shaded tree. This oughta do the trick.)

Example Three: She didn't appear to be armed at least, he might not even need to use unleash to silence the girl, regardless, he'd give her the benefit of the doubt. (She didn't appear to be armed at least, he might not even need to use unleash to silence the girl. Regardless, he'd give her the benefit of the doubt.)

These are very minor but I did want to point it out so that in the future, if you reread a paragraph and there’s a sentence that runs a little long, you may put in a period rather than a comma. But other than that, your writing was very easy to read and I didn’t let this affect your score.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Rey’na

Knowledge:
Thrown Weapons: Throwing Daggers: Judging When Not to Throw
Investigation: Realizations Based on Observations
Detection: Seeing Through a Bad Liar’s Lies
Fridgar: A Lothar Who Can Turn into a Horse & a Wolf
Fridgar: Loves the Snow
Becoming: What it Looks Like to Become

Loot: N/A (unless you count getting to pet Fridgar as a reward, which I would because he’s surely soft)

Injuries: N/A

Fame:
General Good Dead +1 (Let Fridgar into your Home)
Total: +1

Devotion: N/A

Story: 5/5
Collaboration: 5/5
Structure: 5/5

Magic: These point MAY NOT be used for Magic.

Comment: Hello Rey’na! <3 This is actually one of the first times I’ve had to pleasure to read your writing, and it doesn’t surprise me that you’re a very good writer! (Faith should be very proud, writing must run in the family). I found Rey’na to be absolutely adorable to read. Her curiosity and slightly creepy thoughts of poison had me smiling for every post. She’s so innocent and so not at the same time! A very well written character, I enjoyed this entire thread. I found a few less knowledges for her, though only because she was not using magic like Fridgar was. Forgive me! I hope you find what I did dish out to be a pleasant reward. ^_^ Keep writing with Fridgar, these two make a great pair!
word count: 715
Summer Rain
Avrae Kyric Asari Rosacea Olivia Warrick Talisa Tawfeek Teryani Shenandoah
CS CS CS CS CS
Plot Notes Plot Notes Plot Notes Plot Notes Plot Notes
Templates Templates Templates Templates Templates
Partner Partner Partner Partner Partner
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Andaris”