Patrick gives Niv alcohol and she turns it into a shrine.
This area is unmoderated. Please click on "Forum Rules" at the top of this page or go to the "Unmoderated Areas" forum to see the rules for playing here.
- Approved Character
- Posts: 648
- Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 5:16 pm
- Race: Yludih
- Profession: Tiny Sage
- Renown: 101
- Character Sheet
- Plot Notes
- Personal Journal
- Wealth Tier: Tier 1
“Hey there, I ain’t looking fer trouble jus curious is all” The ugly man put his hands up in defence and slowly backed away from the scene. He turned around and muttered something unpleasant under his breath as he sauntered off to a table of equity unpleasant looking men.
“dank yews.” Niv muttered absently to the ground, still to shaken to look Patrick in the face. This place clearly wasn’t as safe as Patrick had led her to believe. The tunawa wish she didn’t understand what the clumsy oaf was implying but in this instance she did. He thought she was a stupid creature, Patrick defended her but he was also laughing at the things she had said. Did he also think of her as a fool? Was Niv just one big joke to humans or was Patrick really the upstanding person she thought he was. So many questions were running through her tiny head that she felt nauseous.
“I needs tah leave dis place” Niv said suddenly as she ran to the end of the table and leaped to the floor. Tears of sap welled in her glassy eyes as a sick feeling in her chest started to grow. How could she think she belonged in such a place, how could she think she was at the same level as humans. She was just a woodland creature that stumbled into civilized society and was reminded of such by a drunk with a unibrow, how fitting.
Niv slipped out the door and into the open air, she found a bidding place behind a crate, continuing on her way home when the coast was clear. She swore she would never have anything to do with bars or alcohol ever again.
Art Credit to Kidchan
word count: 303
- Posts: 353
- Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:18 pm
- Race: Eídisi
- Profession: Tutor & Cryptographer
- Renown: 35
- Character Sheet
- Wealth Tier: Tier 1
- Saoire: Winter gift giver
- Construction: Shrine building
- Drawing: Using sticks as tools
- Patrick: Your holiday gift giver
- Patrick: Truthful
- Patrick: Originally from Rharne
- Location: Golden Flask
- Whisky: Alcohol
- Maiden's Kiss: Aphrodisiac
- Common: Understanding synonyms in Common
- Common: Puzzling out meanings based on context
- Common: Contains many idioms
- Linguistics: Using context to learn new words
- Patrick: Gallant
- Drunkards: Cruel and callous
Moseke: Pray to Moseke (+1), Establish a shrine dedicated to Moseke (+5) = 6
Ymiden: Pray to Ymiden (+1) = 1
Vhalar: Pray to Vhalar (+1) = 1
Ziell: Pray to Ziell (+1) = 1
Magic: These points can't be used for magic
- Tunawa: Teeny Tiny
- Tunawa: Unsure what to do with many human made objects
- Tunawa: Gracious and thankful
- Niv: Tunawa
- Niv: Naive
- Etiquette: Changing a handshake to suit the acquaintance
- Psychology: Making sense of fables and other cognitively confounding creatures
- Teaching: Using examples of oneself to explain potential interactions
- Teaching: Using metaphors from pupils to ensure clarity
- Deception: Using naivete to aid in the creation of a lie
- Intimidation: Insults and a serious tone can be combined
- Discipline: Talking to avoid bursting into laughter
Fame: +2 = 2x general good deed (explaining the purpose of items to a Tunawa, defending a Tunawa)
Magic: These points can't be used for magic.
I loved this thread. When people say social threads are boring, this will be my example that they don't have to be. A little creativity and levity go a long way!
@Patrick: The explanation of Maiden's Kiss was one of my favorite pieces of writing I've read on ST. I was struggling mightily not to burst out laughing in public. The interaction between yourself and Niv is stellar. It feels genuine and refreshingly unique. Bravo!
@Niv: Well, as funny as Patrick's post was, the last post you wrote for Niv saddened me greatly. Poor Niv. I just want to hug her.
word count: 393