• Closed • The Lightning and the Rose

The capital city of the of Rynmere, here is seated the only King in Idalos.
Tristan Venora
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Mad Scientist Socialite
Renown: 844
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

The Lightning and the Rose

Tristan let out a deep sigh as the men came closer and closer rather than happily accepting the money and the job offer that he had just made. “You aren’t supposed to react like that!” he informed them, crossed his arms over his chest and glared at them. He was incredibly irritated. He had wanted to enjoy the evening with Ilaren, but no, they had to come and ruin everything! “You are supposed to go along with what I proposed because I'm just so very persuasive!”

While he was still trying to decide how to best deal with the changed situation, Ilaren moved forward quickly. His eyes widened as the first two men went down in quick succession. Apparently, he realized, he had underestimated her completely. For a moment he just stood there and watched her, completely mesmerized. He had never seen anybody fight like that before. He’d already been fairly smitten with her before, but now he was completely under her spell and in love. She was awesome!

Unfortunately half of the men were still standing and advancing towards him. “Ummm … Ilaren?” he asked and pointed. It was only after he had spoken that he realized that she probably wouldn’t appreciate it if he acted like a coward and waited for her to save him – or worse yet, hid behind her, although a dude in distress rather than a damsel in distress would have been fairly original (It was usually the girl that got saved!). He didn't really feel like being a coward anyway. So he readied his fists and glowered, although whether anybody would be intimidated by that was more than questionable.

“This is your last chance!” he informed them matter-of-factedly, although he doubted that they would listen this time. They seemed to be stupid as well as hard of hearing. Either that or they were masochists and wanted to get beaten up. “You should take the money and leave if you know what’s good for you! Half of you are already down!”

He was nowhere near as good as Ilaren, but he knew where it really hurt because he had not only punched somebody once, but also received a beating occasionally because he’d overestimated himself or just talked too much and been too weird. So if one of the thugs actually managed to reach him, he’d start to kick them and punch them where it hurt the most. He’d go for the shins, the head and that very vulnerable spot right between the legs which would make his opponent hopefully go down very quickly. If they didn’t fight fairly, he wouldn’t do so either!

If all four remaining thugs managed to reach him though, well, then he’d finally start to pray.
word count: 475
Golem
Prophet of Old
Race: Mer
Renown: -1000
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Miscellaneous

Events

Ilaren crashed into the nearest thug, taking them to the ground. Two quick raps to their head and they went limp against the cobbles.

She rolled to the side, expecting the blow that never came- somehow, Tristan had actually defended himself against one of them!

Ilaren hadn't actually heard any of his attempts at intimidation, nor his cry for help, which probably helped him. The two last men went down before they knew what hit them, Ilaren's attacks crashing into them with all the force she could muster.

"Well! That was a bit of excitment, no? How are you- you okay?" She said, turning to grin at Tristan. Her teeth were bloody, her lips split, and her hair a mess. Wryly, she grinned again and attempted to sort out her appearance, only slightly effectively. She spit to clear the blood from her mouth, and ran her tongue over the wound in her lip, hissing. "I don't suppose you have a first aid kit back at your place, do you?"

She walked over to him, checking him over quickly for any wounds. "We're lucky they didn't have any blades- those are a bit messier," a pause as she looked down at the man Tristan had dealt with. "Not too bad for a sculptor and playwright- though I'd expect nothing less from the Hero of Triedhart." Her grin was wide now, slowly coming off her adrenaline high.

She followed Tristan back to his house, rethreading her arm through his. When they got inside, she would go straight for the sewing kit and hand them to him.

"I'm gonna need a favor, I'm afraid."
word count: 286
Tristan Venora
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

“Ha!“ Tristan exclaimed as the thug in front of him went down and turned to face Ilaren. Her teeth were bloody, and her hair was a mess, but he didn’t mind at all. She had never looked more beautiful to him!

“That was kind of fun”, he remarked. His clothes were a bit crumpled now, and there was blood on his shirt, but his eyes shimmered brightly, and there was a huge smile on his face. He felt incredibly alive. “Unexpected, but fun! And don’t worry about me. I’m fine!” As he said that he shook his right hand and rubbed it in a hopefully not too obvious way.

He didn’t think that he had broken any bones, and he still had all his teeth, but he was a little sore. Not that he would ever admit it!

“Or crossbows”, he added as Ilaren remarked that they were lucky the thugs hadn’t had any blades. Realizing that she would probably think the comment strange, he explained, “I occasionally shoot things with a crossbow, mostly sculptures that nobody wants to buy. If you want me to, I can show you sometimes. I’m pretty good at it!”

“And sorry, I don’t have a proper first aid kit, but I should have a sewing kit and plenty of bandages at home”,
he informed her and stepped away from the man on the ground, just in case he came to sooner than expected and tried to grab him or something.

Lying there, he didn’t look quite as frightening anymore. In fact, he didn’t look frightening at all now!

“What can I say?” he said as he heard her comment and offered her his arm. “I’m full of surprises!”

<><><>

“It’s not much”, he apologized as they entered the house. “My masterpiece was stolen, and snails ate all the salad in my garden, but hey, I have a new kitchen!”

Having said that, he briefly let go of Ilaren and walked up to the kitchen table. A black cat with sulfur-yellow eyes was lying on it as if he owned it – or rather the whole house.

“Mistral,” Tristan spoke sternly and put his hands on his hips. Mistral looked at him coldly for a moment, and then he decided to obey him for a change and jumped off the table and out of a window to go and fight his enemies.

“My cat”, he explained and turned to face her again. He was incredibly relieved that he had cleaned his house the trial before – and made the bed. He didn’t even want to think about what could have happened otherwise.

It was just then that he noticed that she was holding something in her hands though. He eyed the sewing kit uneasily for a moment before he met her gaze. What would he have to do next? Slay a dragon for her?

“I’ll do whatever you ask of me”, he informed her brightly and took the sewing kit, because admitting to her that he didn’t know anything about sewing was of course completely unacceptable.

Besides, she was hurt, and how hard could mending her wounds (if that was what she wanted him to do) be anyway?

“Do I get a kiss in exchange?” he asked boldly as he threated the needle. He was still a little high from the fight and the copious amounts of alcohol that they had shared.
word count: 586
Golem
Prophet of Old
Templates

Contribution

Miscellaneous

Events

She did notice the shaking of the knuckles, but she didn't hold it against him. He was hardly the most....likely to be out brawling, in her opinion, though his lack of hesitation definitely earned him some points in her book. His entusiasm for.. well, life in general, appealed to her. What else was there except the thrill of risking life and limb?

Ilaren grinned at Tristan as he spoke of shooting sculptures- now that was something she could get behind. Though the number of bolts they would go through shooting at stone would make it more of a splurge than she would've liked. "Perhaps my first few sculptures can go out that way. I wouldn't be able to face my brothers and sisters again if word got out that I had tried my hand at sculpture and failed."
Ilaren waved a hand as he made excuses- truth be told, it was nice to see that his house wasn't a hovel or disgustingly dirty. Immortal though she may be, there were some standards everyone had. She nodded her hello to the cat as it left, and slipping into the seat.

Ilaren handed him the needle, looking out the window where the cat had disappeared. The arrogant attitude cats seemed to have always made her chuckle, and she felt the corner of her lip twitch up in amusement.

As Tristan threaded the needle, Ilaren lit another candle and tilted her head to show off the lip better. It was a large split, about three inches and gaping rather copiously. It had begun to seal, but she knew it was better to sew it up now, rather than risk it reopening later.

His question caught her off guard, a chuckle escaping her at his confidence. Her gaze shot down to lock on his eyes, searching. A genuine smile worked its way across her lips, chasing away the amused one from moments earlier.

"I guess that depends on how good of a job you do here, doesn't it?" She replied coyly.

As he sewed, she showed no sign of the pain affecting her. Her shoulders and breathing were relaxed, as was her heartbeat, should Tristan feel that for some reason. When it was finished, she asked for a glass of water and rinsed out her mouth, turning her back to spit the bloody fluid out.

She turned back around, moving close to Tristan and reaching with a hand to curl around his neck and pull him close, her lips waiting.
word count: 429
Tristan Venora
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

“Ouch!“ Tristan made as he narrowed his eyes and took a closer look at Ilaren’s lip. It was a pretty large split in his opinion. “Are you sure that you don’t want another drink before I do this? I have plenty of Venora Rose in my cupboard!” Sewing up an Immortal’s lip, he thought, was definitely not something that he’d ever thought he would do!

“This is going to hurt!” he warned her as he brought the needle closer to her face, slowly, as if it were some sort of truly frightening and potentially lethal weapon. He wasn’t sure how deep the stitches were supposed to be and how many stitches she would need, so he just made an educated guess, went to work and prayed that he wasn’t wrong.

He’d expected her to at least wince at least a little – he was sure that even Immortals couldn’t be immune to pain – but she seemed to be completely relaxed. How looked at her for a moment, wondering how she did it and whether he’d be able to learn it, before he continued to sew.

“Done!” he finally informed her, wiped his brow with the back of his hand and dropped the needle onto the table. “Here you are!” As she asked for it, he immediately filled a glass with water – fortunately he had been to the well that trial so that it wasn’t too stale - although, he supposed, it didn’t really matter as she apparently wasn’t going to drink it.

As she turned around and pulled him close, time seemed to slow down for a moment. For a moment he simply looked into her eyes, and then he abruptly put his arms around her and kissed her, gently at first because he was worried that he would be hurting her and then more passionately because he realized that he would probably never get another chance to do so. That one night would have to last for an entire lifetime.

After a while he finally broke the kiss and took her hand instead, to take her to another room if she was willing. He wanted her. He wanted her in a way that he hadn’t wanted anybody since Faith, even at the risk that she would reject him and leave immediately because she was an Immortal that was worshipped by millions and he a mere mortal that made a living sculpting and writing stories about events that had never taken place.
word count: 430
Golem
Prophet of Old
Templates

Contribution

Miscellaneous

Events

Ilaren met his passion, ignoring the slight iron taste as her lip broke open again.

When he pulled her hand, she paused.

Was she really going to do this? A man she met one night, suddenly jumping into bed with him? Was this who she was?

She looked over at him again, feeling her heart leap slightly. He was real- despite everything that had happened tonight, he seemed truly interested in her. He didn't come off as sleazy or gross, and something in her revelled in that.

Besides, she reasoned, he would forever remember his first night with an Immortal.

Smiling, Ilaren followed him into the bedroom.
OOC: AAAAAnd the Fade to Black!
word count: 121
Golem
Prophet of Old
Templates

Contribution

Miscellaneous

Events

Rewards
Name:

Tristan
Knowledge:

Storytelling: Realism is less important than Excitement
Seduction: Sometimes just being You is enough
Seduction: Have a clean House before Hanky-Panky
Negotiation: Offering Coins advertises how much you have
Ilaren: Good in the Sack
Ilaren: Impressive Fighter
Ilaren: Likes a good Story

Loot:

-60GN for Drinks
Injuries:

Bruised Bones in Fist- 15 Trials
Exhausted- 1 Trial for Lack of Sleep
Fame:

+10 For Story/Fight with Ilaren
Devotion:

+5 For Ilaren

Story:5/5

Collaboration:5/5

Structure:5/5

- - -
Comments:

Well.... hope you enjoyed the bedding of Ilaren! It was a fun thread, and I may be back in the future with Ilaren to play some more games, if she's in the Andaris area...

If you feel I've missed anything or if you have questions about your review, please don't hesitate to send me a quick PM. Thank you!
word count: 155
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Andaris”