Holiday Event: Faith and Padraig

Seated on the shores of Lake Lovalus, Rharne serves as the home of the Lighting Knights, the Thunder Priestesses, and the Merchant's guild. This beautiful trade city is filled with a happy and contented people who rarely need an excuse to party.

Moderators: Pig Boy , Basilisk Snek

Nymph
Prophet of Old
Race: Mer
Renown: 0
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Holiday Event: Faith and Padraig

Holiday Event Notice
This post was provided to you because you are participating in the holiday event. In this post, you will receive your gift whether you reply to this thread or not. You are welcome to reply to the post to react to your gift if it is a new thread, and it is encouraged; however, skill points will not be awarded for this thread. There will only be one post from Saoire. As a gift, everyone that participated will receive the same knowledges as provided. Freya, you are receiving the following:

Padraig:
Medium Leather Satchel
Bronze Compass with Leather Covering
Sack of 20 golden new
Book: Travels in Idalos: A guide to Establishments and Features in Viden, Eztos, and Nether
Journal

Knowledges
  • Saoire: The Holiday Woman
  • Saoire: The Beauty of a Gift
  • Saoire: Wear Variable Holiday Crowns
Faith:
Herbalist Kit

Knowledges
  • Saoire: The Holiday Woman
  • Saoire: The Beauty of a Gift
  • Saoire: Wear Variable Holiday Crowns
  • Holiday Gift: From Atashi
The next stop was to a pair of recipients, very much in love. It appeared that the two of them had elected to take a holiday together, which made Padraig’s gift all too appropriate. With a leather satchel over her shoulder, special treasures inside, Saoire had gone about to pick up the other gift for his special girl. She was one that considered learning a privilege, having just recently been allowed her freedom to become an educated citizen. Faith was kind and good with her hands, so her gift was sensible.

Saoire did not need to appear behind something this time. The inn was quiet in Rharne, so she simply appeared at their front door. Two polite knocks and the sweet woman with the icy ices answered the door. Saoire was welcomed in with a smile.

“I hope you two are enjoying your holiday. In the spirit of the season, I have gifts for you. Faith,” Saoire chimed, her voice delicate. She handed her the box she held in her hands. “Atashi sends to you a herbalist kit. In your freedom you seek to learn so he wishes to aid you in your never ending pursuit of knowledge. Maybe you will find use for it in growing herbs for that scrumptious cooking I hear so much about.”

“Padraig, the scholar. Hopefully you will be able to teach her a thing or two about the world through books. With your recent travels, your giver wishes to ensure that you are well equipped for the dangers ahead,” Saoire started, handing him the leather satchel. She purposefully omitted who had given him the gift, per request of the giver.

It was a medium sized leather bag, waterproofed against the elements and sealed shut. Unfastened, Padraig would find a a well-made and reliable bronze compass, wrapped in softer, worn leather to protect it. Alongside the compass a hard-back book was also packed. Dark green fabric embossed with the words 'Travels in Idalos. A Guide to Establishments and Features in Viden, Eztos and Ne'haer.' Flicking through the pages the reader would find brief descriptions of places of interest, and more importantly, inns, taverns and other places that would offer a traveler a bed for the night. A small sack of 20 gold nel was hidden deep within, for trinkets and souvenirs he found on his journey. Finally a blank journal was enclosed, empty except for a barely legible note in pencil on the first page which read: 'Safe Journey.'

When they looked back up from investigating their gifts, they would find only the smallest of flakes left behind, already rapidly melting in the warmth of the inn.
word count: 616
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be then me.

Return to “Rharne”