Holiday Event: Tristan

The seven Duchies of Central Rynmere and their respective baronies, cities, towns, villages, and landmarks each overseen by a Duke of one of the seven noble families and ultimately controlled by the King of Rynmere.
Nymph
Prophet of Old
Race: Mer
Renown: 0
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Holiday Event: Tristan

Holiday Event Notice
This post was provided to you because you are participating in the holiday event. In this post, you will receive your gift whether you reply to this thread or not. You are welcome to reply to the post to react to your gift if it is a new thread, and it is encouraged; however, skill points will not be awarded for this thread. There will only be one post from Saoire. As a gift, everyone that participated will receive the same knowledges as provided. Tristan, you are receiving the following:

Alchemically Modified Large Wall Mirror

Knowledges
  • Saoire: The Holiday Woman
  • Saoire: The Beauty of a Gift
  • Saoire: Wear Variable Holiday Crowns
  • Holiday Gift: From Padraig
This gift was one that made a lot of sense, especially since it was being given to the absolutely vain Venoran, Tristan. Although talented in more ways than one, Tristan seemed to be quite involved with himself and his work. This gift would only increase his vanity she expected, but it made her chuckle. Clearly this gifter knew Tristan very well.

She had appeared in Tristan’s room when he was away, as this gift was not sensible to carry around willy nilly in the streets. It was a large mirror to hang on the wall, imbued by Padraig with the use of alchemy. It would allow Tristan to look into it and see a reflection of himself that he wished to see. Clearly, the alchemist anticipated that Tristan might want to see how he'll look when he's old, with a different color hair, skin or gender, as a different race, etc. The use of mild euphoric hallucinogens in the imbuement meant the mirror would show an ideal vision of themselves, what they most wanted to see, and not a way of looking beyond the surface to reveal their true selves.

It was clever to say the least. Saoire draped it against the bed just as Tristan opened the door to his room. She smiled, waving her hand in greeting. It was probably strange having an unknown woman in his ear. “Do not fear, Tristan. I am Saoire, the bringer of gifts and joy. Padraig made this for you in spirit of the season. I hope you find joy in it as he clearly wishes to bestow a gift on a good friend.”

Saoire stepped aside to allow Tristan to admire the mirror. When he looked back for her, he would find a few flakes of snow and a diminishing mist where she stood, the scent of juniper and spice on the air as a reminder she was there.
word count: 447
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be then me.

Return to “Duchies”