Faith's Letters

Best Keep a track here.

Need to send a letter to a friend? Family member? Lover? Here you can post in character letters to other PCs that are not in your area. Take a look inside for more information and to see how long travel time is for letters.

Moderator: Staff

Noth
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Monster
Renown: -370
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Faith's Letters

Saun 10, 718

Dear Faith,

I’ve finally figured out your name. It has been something of a struggle for a long while, but I am grateful to those who have assisted me in my investigations. It certainly helps that nearly everyone in the world is at least somewhat aware of you. In fact, I had even heard of you, and simply not put together that you were the same person until recently.

So, hello Faith. This letter has been a long time in the coming.

I did not murder Aeon.

You must understand that a person like myself does a great deal of terrible things, and I admit to myself that I have slain several. I still think of them all… I’m not so demented nor delusional not to recognize that what I do is inherently evil and wicked and cruel. What I do object to is the accusation that I am inherently responsible for every misdeed.

I had met Aeon before in my dreams, much in the same way that I had met you. No one ever talks about how we can meet others from the real world in the midst of our dreams, and I must wonder whether it is some Immortal’s intervention that causes it.

I can’t remember every detail. It has been a long while since I dreamed of him. He and I stood in opposition of one another over some petty disagreement. There was a duel, and I believe in the dream I ended his life after he refused to yield.

It was a dream. It was pointless, and I imagine we both awoke the next trial and went about our lives as though nothing had happened.

Until I was taken to Scalvoris, I didn’t even think of him. He never crossed my mind, I never considered what had become of him. For all intents and purposes, he was merely another shadow puppet in the realm of imagination that is one’s mind. I traveled to the Inn that night in order to find rest. I’m sure you’re quite aware, but I had been busy whilst I was in Scalvoris. I had taken notice of the presence of a wicked man, and I killed him for the sake of a foreign people I did not even know, solely to bring some peace. I strung him up in condemnation.

I reiterate that I had come to the Inn for rest. I was minding my business, negotiating prices with the Innkeeper when I saw Aeon, and he saw myself. He had been a blonde brat before, but I didn’t make any motion to cause him trouble. I had no reason to do so, and I don’t act without purpose like some savage beast.

He threw a knife at me. Attempted to skewer me with a blade after merely two sentences or so of conversation. I defended myself from him. In the midst of our little struggle, a pair of drunkards somewhere else knocked a torch into what I now believe must have been an alcohol barrel. That was the cause of the fire which burned down the Inn. In the ensuing chaos, I left the Inn.

Aeon must have heard something that I had not, because he went back into the flames in order to retrieve a young child. The doorway had been blocked by debris.

I am a monster, but I would not condone the death of an innocent babe. He passed the child to me, and I took it in order to keep it safe from the fire.

And now, comes the crux of an issue. Here was a man who had rather blatantly assailed me for no reason beyond what I assume must have been ill-begotten memories of a dream. Here was someone who had intentionally sought to murder me in cold-blood, not for any crimes that he could recognize, but solely because he thought that I might have been evil.

He did good things, certainly. He had saved the child, but I myself am a monster, and I would save a child from a fire. In the end… I saw much of myself in Aeon, and it would not be the first time that I had been forced to murder myself.

So, I pushed him back inside. You know the rest of our story. You summoned the guards, and accused me of murder over what I perceived to be self-defense. I vanished using the Rupturing abilities that I possess.

I have to wonder what comes next. I expected retribution. I expected to be repaid for a perceived fault. My cohort whispered to me that you were in my dreams once more, not too long ago, and that you held no ill-will towards me. I cannot recall it, but it has no reason to lie to me.

Are we enemies, Faith?

The Prince of Eternal Mercies
word count: 825

Credit to Pegasus

As a note: Noth is a Grandmaster in Intimidation. That means that he's at least as scary as the Count from Sesame Street. Beware.

"The tyrant confuses those he can't convince, corrupts those he can't confuse, and crushes those he can't corrupt." - Anonymous
Aegis
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Miscellaneous

Faith's Letters

Saun 30th, 718

Dear Professor Faith Augustin,

I am writing to you today to inform you, alongside other esteemed alumni, of a new system we have established in the University. The University has received a good deal of positive attention due to some many recent discoveries and inventions, including your own founding of the Epidemiology Subject as well as your discovery of a cure for The Rot. As such, we will be performing increased outreach throughout Idalos, and are doing so by first contacting alumni, staff abroad, and other associates of the University.

Through this contact, we are seeking your permission to use the information from your discoveries and courses as a means of increasing scientific knowledge throughout all of Idalos. We intend to do this through sending this information to established academics in other countries and city-states, via our researchers and associate professors. We hope that by educating those beyond Scalvoris, that we can better help the world to reach a state of increased enlightenment and technological advancement. Additionally, we hope that such outreach will help in our recruitment of new researchers and professors from abroad.

This has all been made possible by a few extremely helpful donations from people on the island, who were inspired by the work that you, and others, have done to improve life upon the island. So if you'll give your permission, we will send a researcher or associate professor to you in Rharne to start the outreach there, and work with you to ensure that it is done properly. Following that, we will copy this research and send it out to other countries and city-states.

Cordially,

Kristoff Munyon
Chancellor of Viden Academy
Scalvoris Campus

word count: 284
Qit'ria
Approved Character
Race: Undead (Ghost)
Profession: Huntsman
Renown: 344
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Re: Faith's Letters

Saun 30th, 718

Saun 40/Vhalar 1 via Echo Box

"Faith.

My father has been taken. The men said the word Mantis. Do you know what this is? I need to know, to find him. Quickly, please.

Qit'ria"

word count: 39
Qit'ria
Approved Character
Race: Undead (Ghost)
Profession: Huntsman
Renown: 344
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Saun 30th, 718

Vhalar 1/2 via Echo Box
"Faith,

I'm going to Rharne by way of the flutterbus. Expected to arrive on the 16th. Will you meet me? I need supplies for living in a city like Rynmere. And any help about Rynmere. I don't know it.

I will get Yeye back.

Your sister, Qit'ria."

*Attached with the note is a bag of 100gn to help pay for supplies. (Up to Faith to determine what that means :P)

word count: 81
Rei'sari
Approved Character
Renown: 451
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

13th Vhalar, 718

Hi,

You don't know me, and it is likely that we will never meet. But I am pretty certain that you saved the lives of both myself, and my sister. My name is Ari'sora. For most of my life, I lived with a man named Ren'zar. He was my sister's father, and my mother's master. And although I was never branded a slave, I might as well have been one. My entire world consisted of Ren'zar's house, and yard. Until last Ymiden, I had never set foot outside them.

When Ren'zar was arrested in Ymiden, Mi'zuri and I were given a place to live in a place called Beacon. A place that you created. If it hadn't been for that...I don't know what would have happened to us. I don't think we would have survived. Over the arcs, I have learned a lot of things from books. Bits and pieces of things that caught my interest when I had earned the reward of being allowed to read for a break or two. But I still have a lot to learn. My sister and I are taking classes here, and I'm working at a place called Luna's Dream. It's scary to be in charge of my own life for the first time in...forever. But things are starting to look better for me now than they ever have. And I have you to thank for that because if it hadn't been for you, Beacon wouldn't exist.

So thank you. I owe you a lot for creating a sanctuary for people like me. You did a wonderful thing when you created Beacon.

Ari'sora

word count: 293
Rei'sari was formerly Ari'sora, but after getting a fresh start in life and a new appearance from Vega, she changed her name to Rei'sari.
Nightshade Eld
Approved Character
Profession: The Best Hero
Renown: 485
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Cylus 20th, 719

Dear Faith,

I never wanted to have to write this letter, and I'm sorry that I must bother you with the contents, but recently I've heard something that's... unsettled me. I would like to seek what information you may know. I know that you don't know me well if even at all, you have no reason to give me the information that I'm seeking now, but I beg of you to please inform me so that I can act appropriately within the coming seasons. I... I fear the worst and without being informed enough I fear I might not be able to act in a way that's fitting to the situation.

I would appreciate if you could inform me of all the information you have about the man known as Noth, if you have any to give that is. For many arcs, he's been my beloved. Though that might have just been my own weakness. We half-avriels seek our own kind since typically neither of our progenitor races wants us. I always knew that he was of an ill temper when it came to justice and kindness, but as of recent, I've heard some rumors that have made my suspicions all the worse. Rumors about what he's been doing behind my back.

I was recently made aware that he had visited Scalvoris once upon a time while you still took up residence there. I know that you probably don't pay attention to every random person that crosses your path, but... if you can remember anything about the man, please inform me! I'm a shieldbearer, and if he's acted in ways that are as dishonorable, cowardly, and as disgusting as I've slowly come to believe, then I need to know. I need to figure out how to react.

Please, I beg you for a reply with honest words. For the good of Etzos and my own mind, please don't try to spare my heart. I can't seem to escape this man in some ways, but I wish to. If he's truly as bad as I've started to believe him to be, then I need to! I don't want to believe the worst about someone I've come to so truly love, but if I must then I must. If I could ask for the time, please respond with all of the details you know about him regarding his misdeeds. Tell me the worst of the worst that you may know of so that I can properly guard my heart against his words.

You probably don't know me, or at least don't remember. But I humbly ask of you this favor so... so that I can make amends for trusting him this long.

If you can find it in your heart to form a reply, please, send it to The Valkyrie's Roost in Etzos.

Sincerely,
Nightshade Eld

word count: 500
Common ~ Ith'Ession ~ Lorien
Dear Mods,
Mod bombs are welcomed and encouraged!
Ricky
Profession: Fisherman
Renown: 70
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 2

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Delivered on the Augustine doorstep Ymiden 1

To Faith,

You probably don't remember me but I remember you, quite well in fact, when we last met in Scalvoris a long while back. Your reputation precedes you greater than I recall, then again if I'm being honest I never thought I'd discover you out this far. My name is Enrick and I used to be a fisherman you previously employed, at that nice little restaurant you ran. Cally's I think it was? It was a pretty damn good business proposition, which leads me to the fact that I've another for you.

I'll be frank and admit it's not so much as a proposition as it is a request, because I honestly don't know who else to go to for this. From what I hear you've managed to help quite a number of people already, so it's only fair to say that you'll only be helping more if you do take me up on this. I've a group of friends I've arrived with here, the captain seems pretty convinced you could help with this as well. Thus she's asked me to invite you to meet us all, on the schooner named 'Wayward Rose' at the docks. We've no intention to leave soon so no rush, but the sooner we deal with this the better ya?

I look forward to hearing from you, probably on the morrow if it pleases you.

Enrick Maze
word count: 255
"Every side attacks ya, when y' don't take sides."

NPCs Renown Rolls Timeline Influences Pantheons Trove Property Workshop Rambles Vlogs
Xander Andaris
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Single father | Duke of Andaris
Renown: 142
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

16th Ymiden, Arc 719

Dear Faith Augustin,

I would first like to address the honour it is to have been contacted by a woman of your fame and high standing among many of the people I have met around Rharne. As I understand it from the rumours around the courts of Rynmere and the rest of those who have heard your name you were once a resident of Rynmere and slave to the now Duke Tristan Venora. While I regret that slavery still exists in the lands of Rynmere it seems you managed to blossom never the less. I would like to offer my congratulations in your ascension to such prestige and am glad that you have been able to escape your humble and captive beginnings. You serve as a great reminder to all that we determine our own futures.

Not only me but the entirity of Rynmere owe you our gratitude for the work you have done to cure this terrible plague, it is a shame our King is not available to offer you that himself. It is clear to me that you are well educated and highly intelligent. As such, I will be frank with you as I believe you will not misinterpret what it is I am trying to express in this letter.

Rynmere, as I am sure you are aware, has been in unsteady relations with some of its neighbours and former allies over the past arc as well as with a few international magic organisations since the criminalisation of the Arcane Arts. On top of this we are currently without clear leadership and vastly weakened by the severe repercussions of this disease. WIth this in mind and while I am sure your intentions are pure I would ask you forgive my trepidation when it comes to allowing a foreign organisation the opportunity to establish itself within the capital of Rynmere.

I know the Order is a great organisation, they have infact helped me with my children during my stay here in Rharne. I also hear incredible stories of your feats around the world but we are still strangers and these are rumours. Not only this but the fact that such organisations could potentially play host to people who's pasts and identities are unknown, there is a potential danger there that could greatly impact the people of Rynmeree and that is why I am unsure of what response to make to this wonderful proposal.

While I greatly respect the service your organisations supply, I am currently unable to respond to your proposition with any certainty. However, I will make clear that your suggestion will remain at the forefront of things for me to actively address upon my return to Andaris. I will also make sure to offer my opinion on the matter to the University as they play a large role in the education of our nations medical proffessionals, on top of this I will begin to liaise with some of the medical facilities within my Duchy on your behalf in order to gauge their opinions of this.

It is important to understand that outside influence has not often been allowed within Rynmere and the most recent example of that would come in the shape of mage hunters whose presence has caused our country a great deal of suffering. I certainly cannot speak for any of the other Duchies as to whether they would welcome you and suggest that it be something you work towards at a later date once order has been reestablished with the Kingdom. Finally, I do believe it would be of benefit to both of us if we were to meet before my return to Andaris in order to greater establish a mutual understanding of what we might wish to achieve through our working together.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards
Duke Xander Calen Andaris.

word count: 647
Rei'sari
Approved Character
Renown: 451
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

1st Ymiden, 719

Dear Faith Augustin

You do not know me, but I wrote to you once before last Vhalar. My name is Ari'sora, and you saved my life when you created Beacon because it gave me a place to go when I needed one the most. I still live there now, but after nearly an arc, I am getting a better idea of what I want out of life. I am still working at Luna's Dream, and I find that I truly love working with the children there. It is amazing to try and see the world out of the eyes of a child. Everything is new and exciting to them. Everything is possible if they have someone looking out for them, and keeping them safe the way the children have at Luna's Dream. And I am proud to be a part in that. I am saving up the money that I earn through my job bit by bit, and it is my hope to be able to afford a house of my own eventually so that someone else can be saved by being given a place to live here in Beacon the way that I was.

The reason that I am writing to you now is that I just recently heard about a letter you wrote last Cylus. In that letter, you mentioned that a friend of yours had been killed while defending your home. For that, I am truly sorry. It is never easy to lose a friend. You also spoke of a female necromancer and necromantic thralls. I have never heard of either of those things before. But the attack mentioned in your letter reminded me of something that happened on the twenty third of last Ashan. I was returning home from running some errands when I saw a man and a woman with a young child. I can't quite say what made me think that something was off about the situation. Perhaps it is because I am a mother myself, but something about what I saw made me think that the child wasn't theirs.

I learned that the two people had found the child on her own, and were trying to help her. It was raining, and my first thought was to offer to take them to Luna's Dream so they could get the young girl out of the rain. Fortunately, before I could, Hart saw us, and said something about the child killing people. Hart is...well, I don't know him, but I do know of him. He was involved in a magic maze, and the things that he did there made me inclined to trust him enough to believe him when he said something was wrong with the child. Soon after he arrived, the child attacked him. She bit his neck...as if it...she were trying to eat him, or something. It was terrifying to say the least.

Are thralls a kind of monster, and if so, can they be children? Or can they look like children? If so, the child monster I saw might have been one. I don't know if what I saw has anything to do with what happened to you, but I felt that I should write just in case it did. If there is no connection, then there is no harm in telling you about it. But there might be harm done if there is a connection, and I did not.

The letter you wrote asked for help as well. I don't think that there is much I can do to help, really. I know nothing of the things you mentioned, and while I am learning how to defend myself, I am nowhere near a point where I would be of much use in a fight. But I owe you my life for creating Beacon, so if there is something I can do, then please let me know. I hope that you are able to win against the person who is after you.

Sincerely,

Ari'sora

word count: 678
Rei'sari was formerly Ari'sora, but after getting a fresh start in life and a new appearance from Vega, she changed her name to Rei'sari.
Vluharqih
Approved Character
Race: Yludih
Profession: Apothecary
Renown: 278
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Office
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Dear Faith,

I hope this letter finds you well. Though it has been several arcs since we last spoke, I remember you well, and tales of your exploits have rocked this world.

I write to you, and by extension the Order of Adunih, on behalf of Alfred Siltra and his daughter Persephone. As you've likely not heard, early this cycle, Lisirra launched an all out assault of Etzos during the ether storms. Millions died from her plague, but I have found a girl who remains alive, though bears symptoms of the disease. Her father appears wholly immune, though whether that is due to his own immunity or the non-viability of the infection in creatures other than Persephone, I do not know.

I told Alfred that you would do whatever necessary to assist his daughter, and I trust that I do not strain our acquaintance overmuch with this request.

Regards,

Alexandra McKay
word count: 153
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Letters From Afar”