• PM To Join • Snake in a sweater?

Just getting some new clothes

90th of Vhalar 716

The capital city of the of Rynmere, here is seated the only King in Idalos.
Symbri
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Monk
Renown: 34
Character Sheet
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Snake in a sweater?

Zi'da 716
Shaking her head at her serpentine friend Symbri nodded to his question as to if he was ready to leave. Standing and scooping up the puppy Symbri bowed to the current barman and headed out the door waiting on Atashi. She wasn't terribly sure where to go, it was an odd issue when it came to finding clothes for a different race. The Market might be the best bet though they'd have to do some searching to find but that was alright they had a whole day ahead of them. Pulling Atashi along she would walk to the market and talk as she went.

"so game plan is to find clothes for you, nice and warm ones, and for me... well I could use a new cloak and some other things so I'm sure I'll find them along the way. I wonder if Andaris has any unique winter foods, I'd love to try them, or maybe I could find something to remind me of home that would e nice. You're from this area right Atashi? you know any fun secrets in Andaris? what kind of foods do you like?"

Plodding along as she talked holding the puppy to her chest idly playing with it while it gnawed on her fingers playfully. It wasn't particularly painful but she marveled at how the puppies teeth felt like needles. it'd grow up into a fearsome predator indeed, though she hoped it'd be cute even then.

"Oh and Atashi, will you be staying in town much longer? I know you said you'd have to head home at some point but iI was curious how long you'd be staying. I was gonna put on a performance soon so I was gonna invite you to it. Oh and uhm if you'd like to keep your eyes open for any clothes you'd like to see me wear for a show, I'd love to see what an ithecal thinks a performer should wear."

Walking along humming contentedly Symbri grinned when the market came into view.

"here we are"
word count: 357
Atashi
Approved Character
Race: Ithecal
Profession: Knight, Blacksmith
Renown: 70
Character Sheet
Templates

Featured

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Snake in a sweater?

Following along with Lash, Atashi paid almost not attention to biting cold, it was nothing compared to what he'd experienced in the eastern settlement. The blizzard the trial prior was different, the weather was clam for now which he appreciated. He liked to think he got along well with Symbri, despite having turned her face red earlier, though the fact that she thought he was a female still bothered him a little. Regardless, he was happy to forgive and forget if she didn't try and make him wear a skirt or anything so feminine while they hunted for clothes.

As they walked and slithered, he replied "Sounds good to me, I'm sure a cloak won't be too difficult to find either." to Symbri with certainty. It was sort of relieving to know that they weren't heading out on this trip just for his sake, he was glad that she would benefit from it also. "Winter foods?" He asked, curious "What do you mean by winter foods? I mean, it's more than likely that they do in such a big city... but I haven't looked for any in particular..." He finished, confessing. Of course, different crops are harvested at different times of the year, he didn't care much for crops though and probably hadn't taken the time to notice that they made different foods based on what was available. Being an ithecal, he ate a high protein diet. Vegetables and fruits were all right in small doses or alongside a plate of meat, but even then, he'd often just ignore his greens.

"Unfortunately not, Symbri. I've only been in this city once before and my stay was..." He paused, cringing a little as he pushed onward "...Less than pleasant..." He finished, a sort of far-away look on his face. Inhaling suddenly, he broke free of his trance and spoke "I like steak though, red meats in general actually... But I guess that's just the Ithecal in me showing through." admittedly, disregarding his previous day dream. He remained alert as he travelled with her and Lash, looking about their immediate area every so often, checking alley ways and such as they passed. Symbri seemed awful content with her furry friend, yet unnamed. "I'm not sure, there isn't much for me in Venora - it's quiet, there’s always something to do in Andaris though..." He spoke, pondering - This had been on his mind for some time. "I'd love to come and see your performance though, I might have to stick around for it!" He declared, eager to see the girl at work "And sure, how hard can it be?" he asked rhetorically in response to the girl's plea for help.

In truth, he had no idea what dancers wore, or two-legged females for that matter. Despite having lived among them for nearly as long as he'd lived at home, he'd never really taken much notice of the clothing habits of footed-fellows. Except for shoes, shoes were a gift from the immortals. With the market place coming into view, he kept his hopes up - surely, somewhere would be selling clothing his size? "Great, if we can't find anything, I might have to have clothes tailor made..." He spoke, the idea coming fresh in his head as they passed a rather expensive looking clothing shop. He had the nel to spare, but it didn't feel right to pursue custom made clothing. Too fancy.

He pointed out a less-expensive looking store to Symbri first "How about we try here first?" he asked, doubtful that he would find what he needed but almost certain that there would be some nice cloaks in there for his friend.
word count: 634
Ent
Race: Mer
Renown: 0

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Snake in a sweater?

Name: Symbri

Knowledge:
Atashi: Male Ithecal
Atashi: Needs new clothes
Atashi: Open and not afraid of asking questions
Atashi: Doesn't wear underwear
Atashi: Struggles with going down stairs
Atashi: Doesn't fit in human beds
Puppy: Keeps you up at night but is okay because it is cute
Puppy: Likes bones
Puppy: Whines when she wants something
Ithecal: Males don't wear underwear
Ithecal: Get cold tails
Investigation: Asking someone questions
Investigation: Noticing somebodies demeanour
Persuasion: Puppy dog eyes
Discussing Underwear and genitalia is considered Taboo

Loot: N/A
Injuries: N/A
Fame: N/A
Devotion: N/A

Story: 5/5
Collaboration: 5/5
Structure: 5/5
Magic: N/A

Comment: No issues with Story or Collaboration. The structure was pretty good, I would advice taking one last quick look over before submitting though as there were a few times you missed the correct punctuation, mostly a few commas (If you would like some examples of where I would have used more or different punctuation feel free to PM me.) Lovely little thread between you and Atashi, I loved the underwear talk and how shy and awkward Symbri was with the topic. I think you have a lovely character here, she is seemingly both experienced and yet innocent. The two characters interacted well and it felt natural, I hope to see more from the two of you in the future, together or separate. I look forward to grading more of your threads!

Name: Atashi

Knowledge:
Symbri: Wears underwear (most important knowledge I could give)
Symbri: Want's to help you get some new clothes
Symbri: Has an unnamed puppy
Symbri: Was embarrassed when you asked about her underwear
Symbri: Is unfamiliar with Ithecal race
Symbri: Dances for a living
Symbri: You want to see her show
Humans: All humans wear underwear regardless of sex
Humans: Have small furniture
Humans: Don't have to worry about finding clothes
Investigation: Asking someone questions
Investigation: Noticing somebodies demeanour
Discussing Underwear and genitalia is considered Taboo

Loot: -12gn 2sn, Tips
Injuries: 1x Bump to the head, lasting 2 trials.
Fame: N/A
Devotion: N/A

Story: 5/5
Collaboration: 5/5
Structure: 5/5
Magic: N/A

Comment: No issues with Story, Collaboration or Structure*. I really enjoyed this thread, it was a funny and interesting read. Seeing the way you wrote about living in a city made for humans as an Ithecal was very interesting. The interactions felt natural and were very amusing especially with the discussion about underwear. I really enjoyed this thread and I am glad I got to grade another of your threads since the last one I did. Enjoy the rewards, sorry if the knowledge is a little thin I was struggling with what exactly to give.

*I am sure this was a mistake and meant to say 'well'... but I found 'welp' much more amusing:
"Welp, are you ready?"

If you have any questions or concerns, please do feel free to drop me a PM and we will try to work it out.
word count: 506
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Andaris”