• Mature • Trust Hurts

Continuation of 'Fodder for the Crows'.

This area is unmoderated. Please click on "Forum Rules" at the top of this page or go to the "Unmoderated Areas" forum to see the rules for playing here.

Moderator: Basilisk Snek

Limbo
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Parasite
Renown: -108
Character Sheet
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Trust Hurts

Paplo nodded, offering a cocky smirk to his new companion.
“Feed me, you say? My, I already feel like an animal companion,” jested Paplo. “Need I remind you that I am still somewhat trapped in this agreement? You spared my life on two occasions. Whenever you require of my services, I shall aid you without protest, and least you falter on your promise of fodder, I shall not discount the two favors I must return from this moment onward.”

Paplo took a moment to scout the vicinity, once again being reminded of what had transpired in this location. Noth had dealt with the novices with ease, and their bodies had flown everywhere; like shrapnel. It seemed not many options were present.
“Hiding the bodies will, indeed, occupy a great portion of our time and strengths, and so leaving them is a viable option. Come on,” he said, turning around. “I shall aid you in the robbery of the dead.”

Without leaving a chance to inspire protest within the Avian, Paplo made his way towards the hillock, scurrying behind it to find the fresh corpse waiting to be robbed. With eyebrows raised, and an expression of utter disinterest, Paplo crouched down and inspected the male. Human, male, young adult, average height, average weight. His clothing was severely compromised by blood, a great hemorrhage having been caused by the arrow to the throat, possibly drowning him to death. Paplo’s stomach grumbled as he stared, yet the sound was ignored.

Paplo took the weapons first. The small hand-axe that would’ve separated head from body was first, followed by the short-bow the individual carried with him. Seven simplistic arrows were also added to the collection, not including the one lodged in the bounty-hunter’s throat – one which Paplo struggled to dislodge. After the weaponry was taken, Paplo patted down the male, palms searching for objects stored in pockets or hidden from its companions. A few wanted posters were located in his pockets, which Paplo crumbled and threw away, a recently-used female undergarment, which was also thrown away, and a small grindstone, which Paplo inspected and, unbeknownst to its use, quickly concluded that held no use. He then proceeded to take away the man’s footwear, for the boots seemed comfortable and warm, yet quickly proved to be larger than Paplo’s foot size. After sliding his feet inside them, he discovered that they were, indeed, very warm.

Those same boots flapped weirdly once the Mortalborn returned to the flayed corpse, carrying the bow, the axe, and the arrows with him. With him, he carried a satisfied grin, for his new footwear kept his feet very warm.
“They did not possess much, but I believe this will be of your satisfaction,” he said. “Let’s proceed to your home. I hunger for meat already.”
word count: 482
Noth
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Monster
Renown: -370
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Trust Hurts

Paplo Ynush agreed to the invitation to dinner, jesting that he was already feeling as though he were an animal companion. Noth could somewhat understand that analogy, though in his experiences with Vern, he had found her to be remarkably hardheaded about certain things, and he genuinely hoped that Ynush wouldn’t be so terribly difficult to mold. The fellow did mention that he was still trapped into the agreement, though the twilight hybrid had felt as if though he had made it clear that this decision was up to the man, and not enforced by threat of death. Apparently, Ynush held to some manner of honor code, and that code stated that since his life had been spared upon two occasions, then he owed at least two occasions of service to the Avian. It was the stupidest code that he had ever heard, and he had spent much of his childhood reading up on the ridiculous codes of conduct held by fairy tale heroes so there was at least some context to his decision. Who agreed to serve someone for sparing their lives? He could at least understand saving someone’s life and then feeling indebted towards that person, and indeed he at times felt the same way towards a certain person who had rescued him from intruders, but to feel indebted simply for being allowed to live? Ridiculous.

The false cannibal agreed with his statement on looting the body, and offered his services to help with the work. That was fine, though Noth did personally wish to make off with most of the loot since it was his services that had rendered the poor men dead. To be fair, however, if there was anything of a particularly harsh quality or that was unnecessary for the hybrid, then he would rather grant it to his newly acquired ally then to simply allow it to sit unused in his cavernous home. He reached one of the bodies, watching out of his peripheral vision as Mamnon worked eagerly upon another. He could observe faintly the rustling of papers, and he could feel one of these small posters touch the back of his thigh as it was swept away in the wind, never to be seen again. He ignored the sensation other than a rapid glance to ensure that the paper was nothing of danger, and then began to work upon his own corpse.

For a moment, the Avriel wondered whether or not he ought to take the fellow’s clothes, but for the most part they seemed to have been drenched rather heavily in blood. That meant that they were likely to harbor some manner of disease, and even with his limited knowledge of medicine and its workings upon the body, he knew that it was unclean to rub someone else’s blood upon one’s own flesh. He settled for taking the man’s arrows, sifting through the quiver he wore and tossing out those which had broken during his tumble down the hill. Were he not such a weighty fellow, there would probably have been more of the projectiles to recover, though it seemed immensely unlikely that he would suddenly pursue a diet now that he could no longer move his own feet. Having another bow didn’t seem necessarily useful, but he took the short bow anyways, acknowledging that he might someday need a spare of some manner should his longbow ever snap from use, though he knew that it would be an inferior replacement to the mighty tool of war that he now had strapped across his shoulder. Another sifting through his pockets revealed a couple of bronze coins which were quickly taken, and a half-eaten piece of bread which had apparently been gnawed on throughout the man’s journey. Remarkably, he took both, figuring that at worst he could feed the grainy object to Vern upon arriving home, and thus spare himself from having to search through the dark of the woods for some manner of berries or foliage suitable for the goose.

Sadly, none of the bounty hunters carried any form of armor to add to his own personal collection, and so he was left with only the few pathetic items that had been found upon their corpses. He considered taking one of their ears as a trophy for a moment, perhaps the largest of the gang, the one who had clearly been the leader. He had stolen the wings off of dead Avriel who had bothered him in the past, but it didn’t seem quite the same to rob human corpses of their ears. His trophy taking was a symbolic venture, not simply saw savagery that revealed itself in the act of hacking apart bodies. He shook his head with a sigh, returning to the young body that now appeared to have aged nearly a hundred years thanks to Mamnon’s work.

“I see that you bring gifts of some manner. I have no use for a third bow, so please keep that for your own use, along with those arrows you carry. I would gladly accept the axe, however, as it would serve as a fine replacement towards the makeshift one that I currently own. Now, quiet your stomach for a few moments longer. I believe that I have some flesh waiting around at my home which might sate your appetite.” He spoke, noticing that he himself was growing quite famished as well. Without further ado, he began to set off towards his home.

word count: 930

Credit to Pegasus

As a note: Noth is a Grandmaster in Intimidation. That means that he's at least as scary as the Count from Sesame Street. Beware.

"The tyrant confuses those he can't convince, corrupts those he can't confuse, and crushes those he can't corrupt." - Anonymous
Maltruism
General Staff
Race: Prophet
Profession: "Mastermind"
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Trust Hurts

Come and get your loot!

(There's plenty more where that came from)

KOVIC:
Rewards:

• Story: +5
  • Collaboration: +5
  • Structure: +5

Knowledges:

• Acting: Learning to Speak Through Tears
  • Acting: Playing the Victim
  • Deception: Adjusting Lies on the Fly
  • Deception: Telling Tales to Appeal to Noth's Sensibilities
  • Deception: The Old "Wife and Kids" Story
  • Endurance: Beaten and Kicked by Captors
  • Field Craft: Patterns of Noise in the Wild Means Men
  • Field Craft: Travel through Thick Woods
  • Logistics: Kill a Man next Time, For His Clothes
  • MB Ability: "Misty Mania": Doesn't Work on Noth
  • MB Ability: "Misty Mania": Good Effect for Lies
  • Noth: A Good Fighter and Bowman
  • Noth: Indulges in Intimidating Narcissism
  • Noth: One-Winged Since Birth
  • Noth: Unstable and Hostile
  • Psychology: Crying Gets Old
  • Psychology: Embracing Your Own False Personae
  • Psychology: Self-recrimination is a Waste of Time
  • Running: Hurrying Through Thick Woods with a Body
  • Story Telling: The Fate of Kovic's Mentor
  • Story Telling: The Rationale to Kill Worm Creatures
  • Strength: Carrying a Body
  • Tactics: Endless Talking as a Distraction
  • Tactics: Lead Captors into Rough Terrain

Loot:

Short Bow w/12 arrows
Oversized Warm Winter Boots

Loss:

A chance to Flay two other bodies

Injuries:

Just some nasty bruises

Fame: -10

Act of Flaying (-2)
Breaking the Law (-2)
Act of Cruelty (-2)
Kill a Bandit (-3) Not bandit per se, but it's what I compare to gauge the points
General Bad Deed (-1)

Devotion:

N/A

Comments:

Boy, you guys are something! :lol:
You are a skilled liar, my friend.
The number of arrows was not specific beyond the first 7, so I settled for 12.
Nice detail that he didn't keep the Whetstone, not knowing what it was.
I loved it! I hope I didn't miss anything.
Not sure what you were hoping to get Discipline for, though. :?
PM me with any comments or concerns :)

NOTH:
Rewards:

• Story: +5
  • Collaboration: +5
  • Structure: +5

Knowledges:

• Appraisal: Kovic: Good Actors Make Good Liars
  • Appraisal: Kovic: Good Liars Make Good Spies
  • Detection: So-Called "Monster" Did Not Behave Like One
  • Detection: Too Many New Added Details to be a True Story
  • Field Craft: Listen For Changes in Woods' Noises
  • Field Craft: Patterns of Noises in the Wild Means Men
  • Intimidation: Putting Threats in the Form of a Joke
  • Intimidation: Shouting Threatening Challenges to Enemies
  • Intimidation: Tossing a Severed Head for Distraction
  • Kovic: Also Called "Mammon"
  • Kovic: One Hell of an Actor
  • Logistics: Adjusting Travel Estimate to Account for Burden
  • Psychology: Acknowledging Your Own Crimes to Avoid Hypocrisy
  • Psychology: Betrayal is to be Expected
  • Ranged: Long Bow: Beware of Enemies' Lucky Shots
  • Ranged: Long Bow: Keep it Ready While Resting
  • Stealth: Keep to Terrain You Know
  • Tactics: Kill the Enemy Tasked to Kill the Prisoner First
  • Tactics: Make the Prisoner Carry the Weight

Loot:

Hand-Axe
1 Glittering Stone
Bronze Coins

Loss:

Nothing much

Injuries:

A very sore chest from the chain stopping the arrow

Fame:-15

Breaking the Law (-2)
General Bad Deed (-1)
Victory in Combat x3 (-12)

Devotion:

Devotion?? YOU??? :lol:

Comments:

This was great. I loved your analysis of Kovic's lies, and his quick thinking adjustments of them.
I gave you fame credit for all three wins, but gave him credit for the actual killing of the last one.
I'm not sure what the "bronze coins" or the "glittering stone" are.
If they're just copper nel, call it 10 of them.
If the stone is to account for a Point Bank purchase, let me know.
Very well done.
PM me with any comments or concerns :)
word count: 599
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Western: Etzos”