• PM To Join • [lochgrass garden] Clarity of mind and Flexing of muscles.

Gardens are good for meditation right?

0th of Cylus 0

This area is unmoderated. Please click on "Forum Rules" at the top of this page or go to the "Unmoderated Areas" forum to see the rules for playing here.
Symbri
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Monk
Renown: 34
Character Sheet
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

[lochgrass garden] Clarity of mind and Flexing of muscles.

In the still warm evening of the harvest season, Symbri found a certain peace, it was a unique time, when leaves change colors and the entirety of the world revels in reaping the fruits of hard labor. smells of spices and pies waft through streets and children run about happily, the horrors that had come earlier in the year. Smiling Symbri walked to a place she had found useful for ordering her thoughts. The lochgrass gardens in the city while public where nearly never crowded, particularly in the time of year when flowers wilt and berries are nearly all plucked and eaten.

Making her way to the garden's heart Symbri took her usual place under the evening sky and and gazed longingly at the stars above. the time of evening some called dusk when the sun was still in the sky but so was the moon, the brightest stars just peeking into existence. Breathing into her nose and out through her mouth Symbri inhaled the scents of the world and exhaled her stress, clearing her mind of thoughts of the day of her troubles and worries for a moment she looked for the place in the back of her mind where nothingness rested and reveled in the bliss of silence. The headaches and stresses of the world temporarily forgotten, not one to turn to alcohol or drugs Symbri valued the clarity of her thoughts but by that same medium she had found that she desired some sort of escapism, and tried to keep herself busy, from dancing to watching the children she tried to stay in motion, but when a free evening came and nothing preoccupied her mind, insecurities and regrets crept out of the dark recesses of her soul and tormented her.

Pulling her knees to her chest Symbri sat eyeing the gardens wondering what they would again look like come spring before looking up at the sky and wistfully eyeing the large orange moon that hovered in the sky, a harvest moon it was called. At her back the sun began to sink slowly behind the horizon painting it's side of the sky orange and red. For a moment the world was serene and Symbri was happy to have come to the gardens to get a chance at viewing the natural beauty of the nature surrounding her. resting her chin on her knees Symbri waited, she didn't feel like leaving this place anymore than she felt like doing anything else, she just waited on the fates to offer her an idea.
word count: 426
Adam Michaels
Approved Character
Renown: 0
Character Sheet

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Adam considered himself a dandy man and was dressed to make a good first impression as it would seem to imply that he felt money made the man. At first glance he radiated that 1% carefree lifestyle as he was lavished in the finer things in life even so far as his toes were dripping in riches. His boots were probably worth more then the poppers entire wardrobe, albeit his armor wasn't standing out like some pompous peacock and saying look at me I have money. No it was the shear quality of his leathers that screamed it. Thick cuts of premium hides of the finest quality. The master craftsmanship behind his blackened armor was impeccable everything down to the stitching flawless, including the crest of two roosters locked in blood sport stamped into the breast of his chest piece. His frilly nilly hat was adorned with three long sky blue feathers, while the tapestry of Adams cerulean cloak rustled with his footfalls as loose dirt and stone crumbled beneath his heel.

In his hand he had a parchment with a drawing, it was a plant called nightshade and his teacher Lorenza requested he attempt to find this particular berry should he happen upon it. Things were getting ugly in Ne'Haer, and he was a seeker playing a cloak and dagger game after all. A touch of this toxic substance in a goblet of wine would make a potent cocktail that would knock your socks off with excrutiating asphyxiation perfect for an after hour party with some sultry cultist.

With the thoughts of death laced sweets and kill-u-berry pies he happened by chance on some woman of the night. His mind instantly leaned towards a harlot, but hey he wasnt always right so he kept a fair distance his trustworthy sword dangling at his waste it was a good rapier a trusty sword much like himself was made for the the thrust. Taking a brief pause he stuffed the parchment under his leather gauntlet.

"Aye there, care to help me find some berries? I'm looking for the ones that look like black pearls, but I've found nothing of the sort. Maybe what I need is an extra set of eyes.

Oh pardon my manners I am Jamal it's a pleasure to make your aquaintence. "
word count: 391
Symbri
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Torn out of her revelry by the appearance of a question spoken by a man that had snuck up on her, though it was her own fault for being caught unawares. Looking at the man Symbri gave a half smile, it was never good to be impolite to strangers, particularly in isolated locations.

"I might be able to help, but no freebies."

Looking at the man Symbri cut a bit of a nicer smile it was ever in her nature to harass people it seemed, the words had come out of her mouth faster than she'd been able to think them out. But she had to think of a quick way to salvage her absurd remark.

"So.. uhm you know anything interesting about the world or have any neat stories... That said... it's Harvest so I don't know if the berries you're looking for will still be around, do you have any idea where they might be planted at?"

Hopping up Symbri dusted herself off before sticking a hand out to the man in an attempt to get a handshake.

"I'm Symbri by the way, nice to meet you Jamal"

The man was a fair bit taller than her but he looked fairly soft, not a body made for battle, not that her's was but she had become less estranged from combat in recent times. She decided he didn't pose much of a threat to her so it wouldn't hurt to waste time helping him look for the berries he wanted to acquire.

"Oh and are you from Ne'haer, i've never seen you're face before. Though... there are a lot of people whose faces I haven't seen, Sorry, I'm always on the lookout for people from different places so I can learn more about the world."

Tapping a foot idly Symbri fidgeted a tad under the man's scrutinizing gaze, she tried hard to make god first impressions but talking with people was not her forte.
word count: 339
Adam Michaels
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Naturally Adam wouldn't appear to be a rugged warrior, in fact chances are he was anything but. However that did not mean he was not a dangerous individual, after all he had some skill in grappling. But where he aquired such a talent was better left unspoken.

The woman in question seemed a little young. Thus there was no want or need to ply his trade. Such perversion belonged only to the upper echelon of society, names lofted around like Cassander the King of Rynmere it must have been an embarrassment to be wedlocked to a tyke that just learned to not shit his pants. He wasn't at all sure of the big picture, he knew he was a combination of womanizer, pig and scoundrel. But even though he was a connoisseur of deusch baggary even he had limits and that was something else beyond sick and vile a boundary on his otherwise lax moral compass he would not cross.

Although Adam seemed more concerned however with the game of freebies and who owed who what when all was said and done.

"Yeah yea, I'll tell you of my travels but hey no freebies.

You know?!?"

He took a moment to pretend like he was going to shake her hand before retracting it to slide his gauntlet though his hair as he chuckled to himself as he stoked the flames of his eccentric ego.

"So I was born in the city of Andaris, and became a bit of a ruffian. Learned me some grappling skills as a pit fighter, comes in handy as often people can't seem to keep there hands off me and I can't figure out for the life of me why.

Well I decided that life style wasn't my cup of tea, and decided to leave a decedent life of luxury to become a humble city guard I at least think that's the direction I'm hoping to go."

Adam lied through his teeth, he was an Assassin in training for the seekers and was busy procuring an ingredient for his teacher Lorenza so that they she may concoct a poison to eliminate a targeted cultist incognito.

"So how about you?

Adam asked cool and composed as he continued looking for deadly nightshade amongst the picked fruits and herbs of the harvest. Surely there must have been a patch somewhere, it's not like anybody except the birds would eat it intentionally.
word count: 412
Symbri
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Squinting at the man when he fainted away from the handshake Symbri listened to the man's tale and if perhaps not for the way he told it might've fully believed him, as it was his attitude was at the very least arrogant, though many a man in a tavern knew how to spin a yarn so such was not terribly surprising. I mean nobody intentionally goes from riches to rags, so at the very least this man was hiding something, though most people had their secrets, It did make her re-evaluate her first opinion of him he might not be as safe to be around as she'd first thought, by virtue of his honesty at least.

"who me, I'm nobody special, just one of the frontline defenders, slayer of monsters guardian of Ne'haer, nothing special, I'm just taking a short break from the combat to piece together my mind before the battle resumes. Ya know ironridge had the gall to declare war on Ne'haer even after the attack of shadow monster? They really want to kick us while we're down. Good thing we've got brave men like you around to refill the slots of the men who fell defending the city, It's not a glorious path you're choosing, but it's appreciated."

Laying it on a bit thick Symbri did a bit of her own boasting, tit for tat as it were. strolling off Symbri searched the local flora for what the man was looking for but wasn't quite sure what the berries were or even inf such a thing was planted in these gardens.

Flexing a bicep in the man's direction Symbri stuck a teasing tongue out at him.

"So, were you any good as a pit fighter? Did you accidentally kill a man in the ring and run away to Ne'haer to escape the kingdom? Or did you rig a match and run away with the profits? I mean does anybody leave riches behind without a reason? I know if I had money it'd be hard to separate me from it. i mean I grew up on a tiny farm so I don;'t know much about the kingdoms, but Isn't the place you came from huge?"
word count: 386
Adam Michaels
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Milestones

Miscellaneous

It was cheeky, he might have been arrogant and he might have been down right slimy but deep down most women fall for the bad boy because there exciting and it's fun, it's always the goody two shoes that gets friend zoned because hes such a woman he might as well join the flock. He's the guy that spends his hard earned coins all night liquering up his crush only to have that same woman knock on the bad boys door when last call at the bar was an hour ago. What Seduction has taught Adam is that the ideal of the perfect man is an illusion, because that care free good time lifestyle does not conform to loyalty or discipline. What did others opinions matter when he lived life on his own terms and got what he wanted, whether it's smart or selfish is in the eye of the beholder.

It seemed the game was afoot, as Symbri probed him for details and laid it on thicker than molasses as she became almost patronizing as she puffed her chest as he selected an endearing name to call her by.

"Yeah yea, stabbity stab whatever you say Flex.

The world is a giant shit sandwich, the more bread you got the less shit you gotta eat. Maybe you just don't understand, OK OK so let's say you've been told you can't eat that shit right your whole life sometimes you start to think you might develop a taste for it without realizing what your really asking for. It's different when you come from money, it's just complicated.

Anyway take your break, but mark my words they will come back and if it's not them it's always someone or something else just beyond the bend.

Me yea I've had to defend myself once or twice, but I got some moves on the ground. They all think there tough guys throwing hot shot punches and kicks but you throw em on there backs and there struggling with you on the ground it's that look you get that succulent memory of confusion and fear in there eyes when everything they thought they knew about fighting gets tossed out the window. "

As Adam talked he walked casually still moving branches and the like out of the way in hopes of finding what his teacher wanted. He was confident that by bringing up some story of his grappling talent it might distract her, enough from serious inquiries.
word count: 426
Symbri
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

There's something to be said for the natures of people, some people simply are unable to see that there is plenty to be positive about amongst the negative. The man's analogy about life was well... it was unpleasant, whether or not her was a good combatant Symbri wasn't sure, but he seemed like the type to not believe in a good or fair fight.

What worried her in particular was his last line

"it's that look you get that succulent memory of confusion and fear in there eyes when everything they thought they knew about fighting gets tossed out the window."

To want to see fear in people's eyes, to want to see pain or confusion, these were the things Symbri joined a war to fight against, not cause, and if such was the man's desire, then he was not someone Symbri wanted to see as a town guard or watchmen, If you can't bring yourself to care for others, then you can't defend them, this at least was her opinion.

"I hope that energy is directed towards criminals, I mean, fighting is like one of those things that people shouldn't have to do. I mean, if the whole world is force feeding you... you know... then why live? I like this world, I even like this city and the people in it. I've never once thought the world is Fair, But... you're entitled to what you make for yourself, so.. maybe the worlds not all bad. Anyways, Yeah darks enclosing and so are the Shadows friend. I'd find you'r berries soon or else risk getting eaten by something unscrupulous."

Standing on the Bench she'd been sitting on Symbri looked out into the gardens looking for signs of motions or encroaching shadows.

"You think you'll be able to fight the shadows, or do you think you'll run away?"
word count: 324
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Western: Ne'haer”